Is that so?

Creationism, Intelligent Design, and Evolution.
landrew
True Skeptic

Is that so?

Post by landrew » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:20 pm

The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Re: Is that so?

Post by ElectricMonk » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:32 pm

low hanging fruit.

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Post by OlegTheBatty » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:11 pm

That would be botany. Low hanging bats would be zoology.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:45 pm

Unless you're in Wrigley Field.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Wordbird
Poster

Post by Wordbird » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:45 am

God: "I told you to make it bigger!"
Noah: "Uhm... the physics didn't work. Sorry brachiosaurus, you can't come."
Brachiosaurus: "...Aww."

Look, if you let me put in some sci-fi, I can make it work with preserved embryos and whatnot.

That's what this story needs: Some sci-fi.

C'mon, someone gimme an Enquirer headline and I'll write the story.

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Post by OlegTheBatty » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:40 pm

Wordbird wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:45 am

Look, if you let me put in some sci-fi, I can make it work with preserved embryos and whatnot.

That's what this story needs: Some sci-fi.

C'mon, someone gimme an Enquirer headline and I'll write the story.
"NOAH EMBEDED BRACHIOSAURUS GENOME IN ONION DNA"
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

landrew
True Skeptic

Post by landrew » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:02 pm

Every question your godless little minds ever had about Noah's Ark are answered here:
https://answersingenesis.org/noahs-ark/

;)
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Wordbird
Poster

Post by Wordbird » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:08 am

OlegTheBatty wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:40 pm
"NOAH EMBEDED BRACHIOSAURUS GENOME IN ONION DNA"
NOAH EMBEDED BRACHIOSAURUS GENOME IN ONION DNA
Bible True, Science False, Scientists Say

Last Sunday it was discovered that while football has never existed except in something called the Mandela Effect, most of Biblical literature has a strong basis in reality.

Sinache, a Saiyan scientist, made the discovery. Ever since she was a child, she wanted to be the first to sequence the onion genome, because her mother, Ahnyin, was named for the tear-inducing vegetable. (Incidentally, Sinache also shed tears when her mother died tragically in a gravity training accident that involved burst implants and consequent silicone poisoning.)

"Last year, I started to realise there was a lot more DNA here than there should be," Sinache said in an interview. "This has always been a big deal to me; a way to prove that not all Saiyans are ignorant and bellicose. When the sequences started coming together, I dreaded what people might think. Surely, I thought, they would conclude I'd made some mistake."

But she had made no mistake. So far, each layer of an onion's infinite layers has yielded the full genome of a distinct kind of animal, with what scientists agree are messages from God himself embedded in the telomeres. West City Laboratories is already well underway returning several extinct tetrapods to life from the DNA Sinache has provided, including the Smilodon (Sabre-Toothed Cat) and the Brachiosaurus.

Sadly, there will always be naysayers and racists. The Enquirer also interviewed a fringe scientist (since stripped of his doctorate for crimes against humanity and inappropriate viewpoints) for this piece.

"Our universe already had dinosaurs!" said Gero. "And sabre-toothed cats! Do you want pictures? I'll give you pictures! I have thousands! This debacle in West City is a sham; they stole a baby brachiosaur from a nest and they're planning to unveil it as a miracle. I watched them rob the nest personally. And all to prove the merit of this worthless Saiyan. Disgraceful!"

Despite the lunatic fringe's protests, the future looks bright for Sinache. She's already been awarded several large grants (among them one from the prestigious Pilaf World Domination Institute) and she's the front runner for this year's Nobel War Prize. When asked about it, Sinache blushed, and said only, "Well, I've got my fingers crossed."

Wordbird
Poster

Post by Wordbird » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:20 am

Can I... can I... upvote my own posts? Pretty please?

With a kitten on top?

Poodle
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Post-bloom

Post by Poodle » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:21 am

No. You allowed a spelling error to propagate.

There - I did it for you.

Wordbird
Poster

Post by Wordbird » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:05 am

Poodle wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:21 am
No. You allowed a spelling error to propagate.

There - I did it for you.
I wasn't to write my own headlines! I had to make do with the headlines that were written for me!

THE RULES! The rules! GAAAAAAAH!!!!

I wanna squish em big fake boobiessssss!!!

Tragic! It was tragic!

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: My nightmare

Post by Gord » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:37 am

Wordbird wrote:
I saw it in a movie so I know it's true.

"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:09 am

I just saw on some science show that the large plant eaters where so large they could crush a T-Rex. I dunno........in size perhaps, but my gut feel is that they couldn't raise their legs.......xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...hah, hah.....was going to say "couldn't raise their legs so high" and the image in my head was like a dog peeing: standing on three legs and crushing with the fourth.........BUT THEN.....Jurassic Park flashed in my mind in a scene that showed that dino standing up very tall on its hind legs. So......if that is even possible, I guesss those dinos would have one shot at self protection?

Animals can be kinda dumb. I think this watching orcas drown baby humpbacks in a process that takes several hours. Why don't they just bite the thing...like especially the flippers, nose, lips and so forth? At least they'd get a bite even if the calf got away?....and same with the Mother, why not just swim up to Big Momma and do a Joe Biden on her?

As always: I do blame Darwin.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Wordbird
Poster

Post by Wordbird » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:56 pm

I don't think they could stand up fully either. Big things. Physics.

But little things can do fine.

And this is the next mass extinction by the way. Humans now compete with each other in song to obtain valuable, coveted feline overlords.

landrew
True Skeptic

Post by landrew » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:04 pm

Gord wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:37 am
Wordbird wrote:
I saw it in a movie so I know it's true.
BrontosInWater.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

landrew
True Skeptic

Post by landrew » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:06 pm

Wordbird wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:56 pm

And this is the next mass extinction by the way. Humans now compete with each other in song to obtain valuable, coveted feline overlords.
https://www.vin.com/vetzinsight/default ... id=5551655

ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Post by ElectricMonk » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:27 pm

Noah took ALL the animals on his Arch - even Dinosaurs and Unicorns.
Just turned out that plenty of them were gay.

Wordbird
Poster

Post by Wordbird » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:39 pm

landrew wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:06 pm
Wordbird wrote:

The truth is cats are fat because they are spayed and neutered. Vets won't say it but it's true. Finding a fat cat is easy, but finding an intact fat cat is almost impossible.

You want a lean cat? Leave it intact and be buried in kittens which you will mostly have to drown.

Because having the cat be fat is the "worst form of animal abuse" right? (That's what the article title says.)

This is actually a disgusting form of profitmongering. Make people spay and neuter, then shame them because most cats are 30% overweight.

When you have an animal that can't move, okay, that's abuse. The fact that cats are often overweight hardly blips the radar in comparison to people setting animals on fire or Kosher butchering.

Saying overfeeding the worst form of animal abuse is a lie intended to prey upon the special emotional vulnerability that only the nicest people possess.

See, you can't guilt the people who just cut their dog up into itty-biddy pieces and laughed about it. You can't guilt the people who put firecrackers up cats' anuses (yes, someone bragged to me that he'd done this, and I wish I'd murdered him and gotten the death penalty).

But the people who overfeed? Now there's someone you can prey on! Cha-ching! $$$

landrew
True Skeptic

Post by landrew » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:49 pm

Wordbird wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:39 pm
landrew wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:06 pm
Wordbird wrote:

The truth is cats are fat because they are spayed and neutered. Vets won't say it but it's true. Finding a fat cat is easy, but finding an intact fat cat is almost impossible.

You want a lean cat? Leave it intact and be buried in kittens which you will mostly have to drown.

Because having the cat be fat is the "worst form of animal abuse" right? (That's what the article title says.)

This is actually a disgusting form of profitmongering. Make people spay and neuter, then shame them because most cats are 30% overweight.

When you have an animal that can't move, okay, that's abuse. The fact that cats are often overweight hardly blips the radar in comparison to people setting animals on fire or Kosher butchering.

Saying overfeeding the worst form of animal abuse is a lie intended to prey upon the special emotional vulnerability that only the nicest people possess.

See, you can't guilt the people who just cut their dog up into itty-biddy pieces and laughed about it. You can't guilt the people who put firecrackers up cats' anuses (yes, someone bragged to me that he'd done this, and I wish I'd murdered him and gotten the death penalty).

But the people who overfeed? Now there's someone you can prey on! Cha-ching! $$$
That's one way to look at it, but I'd like to see the correlation between pet owners who "spoil" their pets by making them morbidly obese, and the percentage of their children who acquire a criminal record. Not to mention the animosity and years of therapy afterwards.

One of the risks of anthropormorphising pets, is the realization that they aren't humans. The high birth rate is to compensate for the high rate of offspring mortality. It's not fun to witness a tomcat kill a litter of kittens, then impregnate the mother, but that's the animal world. They live by different rules, whether we like it or not.