Potholer54!!!

Heated discussions on a hot topic.
Bart Stewart
Frequent Poster

Potholer54!!!

Post by Bart Stewart » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:56 pm

I haven't been to this section of the forum in a while. Where are all the deniers? They camped out here around the clock, with spam-a-rama unlike any other I had ever seen. I guess they have all moved on now to high level science positions at NASA.

I just wanted to present a guy who I think is about the best proponent of solid information on climate change, for any who may not know of him. He has a Youtube channel. (As for now he does, anyway. We will see what the killing of net neutrality bodes for that, and for this web site, as well.)

He calls himself Potholer54. Why, I don't know. He has 38 videos on climate change, mostly short, under 15 minutes. He recently added one, so he's still kicking. He also has videos on other science subjects, like evolution.

Here's a link to his climate change line-up. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... PfAIyI7VAP

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Potholer54!!!

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:04 pm

From the one video I looked at "#28-Consequences of Climate Change in our lifetimes" it appears the guy is pro Science meaning he supports AGW. I thought this "should be" the case from the first words in the link: "There is a lot of inaccurate nonsense about climate science written in blogs and the media,..........." and we have that evidence/situation right here on this forum.

If you negate blogs and the media==>what you got left is SCIENCE. Glad to see he made the consistent follow thru.

Something "boring" about listening to presentations that offer only what you already thing............... "Should be" a real attention grabber for the Science Deniers..........................
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: prostrate spurge

Post by Gord » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:44 am

Potholer54 is on my youtube Subscribe list. I like his videos.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:13 am

"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Lausten
Persistent Poster

Post by Lausten » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:30 pm

Bart Stewart wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:56 pm
I haven't been to this section of the forum in a while. Where are all the deniers?
We finally got Jim Steele banned. That helped.
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:23 pm

I could be wrong, but I think he got "cautioned" and he left in a snit. I miss his expertise. But a denier does what a denier do. I would welcome him back and then get banned myself....as I was.......only once....and it was Jimbo. Its the lying down with dogs trick. fleas all over the place.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Custom Title: Super Skeptic

Post by Lance Kennedy » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:45 pm

Jim Steele was that very dangerous type. Smart enough to rationalize his bulldust, and possibly convince those who are of lower intelligence. We are much better off without him.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:36 pm

JIm Steele had expertise? Smart enough to rationalize? I do not remember any of that.

What I remember about JIm Steele can be phrased like this: "I want to have a reasonable discussion without any insults from anyone who disagrees with me because you are lying extremists who are liars."

Obviously not verbatim, but it's a generalisation of how I received what he posted.
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Lausten
Persistent Poster

Post by Lausten » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:05 am

Good summary Gord. He would wait maybe 2 posts before insulting you, but that was his theme. He would say it's stupid that people think a single event can be related to global climate, then he would show a picture of a snowstorm.
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:46 am

His sniper buddy Robinson still shoots a round off now and then. Doesn't break cover to stay engaged.

Jim Steel has expertise.........he's just off on his own jag.