Re: Trump will win!

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:13 pm

Jeff_36 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:27 pm
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:49 am
Jeff_36 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:35 am
Kamala Harris admits to being a habitual dope smoker. This could give her stock a hit. People should be uneasy at the idea of a potential leader of the free world being high as {!#%@} on the job, hotboxing the oval office. Hell to the no.
I think it’s a point in her favor....
:p

Seriously, tho, it’s no longer a big deal. Even my backwards ass state approved its use for medical reasons.
I support it's use for medical purposes, as well as its decriminalization. However I think full-throttled legalization is a bad idea.

Heavy, consistent, frequent use over a long period of time (many years) has a negative impact on ones productitvity and mental sharpness. I know this from dealings with various freinds and aquaintences.

I tried it a few times in my youth and it felt like an anxiety attack. Not a fun time, for me anyway.

I also know for a fact that THC intoxication makes you useless at work. This from some idiot coulleage of mine who showed up to work crunked out of her {!#%@} mind once.
Substance abuse and how drugs interact with the body is part of my job so I look at this professionally.

THC does have the effect you are talking about but so do other drugs that are perfectly legal. No one should be intoxicated at work regardless of what it is.

THC is addictive in both the psychological and physical sense. The difference is how your body withdrawals from THC vs. other drugs. THC is much less dangerous, heavy users will suffer from migraines, irritability, insomnia and in rare instances seizures but that is nothing compared to withdrawing from alcohol or opiates. The reason why is unlike other drugs THC is stored in fat cells and leaches out gradually over time. Things like meth, cocaine, alcohol, etc. flush out quickly thereby making withdrawal much harder on the body.

This is how I know people were lying to me when they would tell me that they did meth a week ago.

I once had a nurse tell me that out of all the various crap people put in their systems during pregnancy she preferred women smoke pot vs. drinking or doing other drugs.

So, no, Kamala smoking a doobie and listening to Bob Marley doesn’t bother me in the slightest. It’s akin to drinking in my book, don’t do it and drive or operate heavy machinery. Don’t do it if you are pregnant but that’s anything. The long term effects are akin to smoking, you heighten the risk of certain types of cancers. There is some indication that it can damage the kidneys and/or liver. There are also indications that it can cause problems with your brain but that’s any heavy use of alcohol or other drugs.

Moderation is the key. I haven’t smoked pot in about 20 years, I liked it when I did it but I outgrew it. I also wasn’t a heavy user.
Last edited by Jeffk 1970 on Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Question for Groening by a reporter:
“Mr. Groening, what do you say to those who still deny the Holocaust?”

Groening:
“Nothing. They are hopelessly lost.”

Harvard Crimson (on why it refused to run an add by Bradley Smith):
“(It is) vicious propaganda based on utter BS that has been discredited time and time again.”

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:24 pm

With that in mind, the first annual SSF Weed-a-Thon will feature "admitted" "habitual" stoner Kamala Harris as the guest "toker." Stay tuned for details.

Last edited by Statistical Mechanic on Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
. . . all right we are two nations . . .

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life
Custom Title: Lost in Translation

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:31 pm

LOL, great song!!!!
Now I really have to get back to work.

Groening:

“(It is) vicious propaganda based on utter BS that has been discredited time and time again.”

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:32 pm

Burning Spear rules. OK.

Jeff_36
Has More Than 5K Posts
Location: At the hundredth meridian, where the great plains begin

Post by Jeff_36 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:56 pm

So I've got some splainin to do.....

1. I am in no way a propagator of "reefer madness"- type hysteria. I suppot decriminalization of cannabis, but I happen to think that the challenges of legalization (including the adoption of a public retail model) are a pretty substantial hurdle.

2. I think Jeffk's professional experience on this subject speaks for itself. If it is comparable to tobacco in its harmful effects, then logically it should be treated like tobacco - legal, but its use should not be encouraged.

3. My biggest concern about the whole episode was how she almost bragged about it. This woman wants to be POTUS - It's a serious job, so act serious. At a time when the man holding the job is debasing it beyond recognition, voters would natually gravitate to someone competant and dignified, who dosen't {!#%@} around or waste time with absurd stunts. I don't doubt that Harris is and can be that candidate, I just wish she didn't pander so much. Millenials will mostly vote democratic anyway - its the 35-49's and the 49-65's that worry me.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:20 pm

Jeff_36 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:56 pm

1. I am in no way a propagator of "reefer madness"- type hysteria. I suppot decriminalization of cannabis, but I happen to think that the challenges of legalization (including the adoption of a public retail model) are a pretty substantial hurdle.
The retail model already exists in states that legalized it for recreational use, Colorado comes to mind. It’s funny, one of the bigger franchise owners is a soccer mom. It also exists in states that legalize it for medical use.

I watched a special on it. I found it quite fascinating. It’s a cash only business, the soccer mom paid her employees and her vendors in cash. She used these big safes that reminded me of the safes in old gangster movies. It’s cash only due to banking rules and federal laws dealing with marijuana. Marijuana possession is still illegal by federal law and transmitting money through a bank to purchase it is illegal.

The whole thing seems to be pointless to me. I see its general legalization for medical use on the federal level coming soon and recreational use somewhere further down the line.

Groening:

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:30 pm

I’m just gonna plant this here:

Groening:

TJrandom
Has No Life
Custom Title: Salt of the earth

Post by TJrandom » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:31 pm

Never smoked the stuff, but then it isn't easily available here anyway - and having any detectible amount in your bloodstream will get you arrested. And once arrested, you go to jail. Having consumed where it is legal does not get you off. During next years’ Olympics, I suspect they will look the other way, except for blatantly stoned arrivers.

It would be good if an international consensus could help to guide our laws.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:40 pm

>> Millenials will mostly vote democratic anyway

She's in a primary, so this is irrelevant if she can't win the nomination.

And, not to be an ass, you accused her of "admit[ting] to being a habitual dope smoker."

I think any issues with selling grass are well on their way to being worked through in the states.

landrew
Has No Life

Post by landrew » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:12 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:40 pm

I think any issues with selling grass are well on their way to being worked through in the states.
I'm not so sure. It's still cheaper to buy it bootleg than from a licensed retailer.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:23 pm

Groening:

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:25 pm

:lol:
Lard, save me from your followers.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:28 pm

So John Dowd is saying that not only does the memory of the guy with the greatest memory of all time fail him miserably most of the time, he also wants to please so desperately that he simply makes stuff up when he doesn't have the answer.

Perfect dude to let loose on little Kim and Vlad...

Edit: the usual...
Last edited by scrmbldggs on Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:28 pm

As you can tell I’m working hard today......:D

Groening:

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:29 pm

Your effort is greatly appreciated! :-P

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:41 pm

I got put on a project I don’t want to do. It’s only one day and the group is essentially saying, “Yeah, never mind. This isn’t practical.”

Groening:

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:46 pm

C O Y O T E
Jeff_36 wrote:
So I've got some splainin to do.....

In the sense I think you mean it: what regulation of human behavior is not sustantial as in the exponentially more difficult: make cannabis illegal? THAT was the initial complaint about drug policy. The criminalization was worse than the medical damage.......etc. so.......NO.......in any connected sense, there is no substantial hurdle AT ALL.
Jeff_36 wrote:

2. I think Jeffk's professional experience on this subject speaks for itself. If it is comparable to tobacco in its harmful effects, then logically it should be treated like tobacco - legal, but its use should not be encouraged.
No. cannabis has many known beneficial effects. Everything according to its appropriate use. Even when not medical.......whats the beef with people choosing to mellow out? LEAVE OTHER PEOPLE ALONE.
Jeff_36 wrote:

3. My biggest concern about the whole episode was how she almost bragged about it.
You are totally reading into what she said which was:
Have you ever smoked?" Charlamagne Tha God asked.

"I have," Kamala replied with haste, "A joint...in college." Just one joint? Whatever Kamala, no judgement. It's all good.

"I did inhale." Ok, yes that is how you smoke Kamala. Appreciate the Bill Clinton dig though."
////// She was asked a direct question, and gave a very short answer. Where is the brag?
Jeff_36 wrote:
This woman wants to be POTUS - It's a serious job, so act serious.
a fan of the stuffed shirt eh? Mr Roboto?? A complete poser???
Jeff_36 wrote:
voters would natually gravitate to someone competant and dignified, who dosen't {!#%@} around or waste time with absurd stunts.
What stunt? Seems to me "voters" are cattle prodded by the Media to vote for the person they would like to have a beer with?
Jeff_36 wrote:
I just wish she didn't pander so much.
total projection on your part. all about "personality." No policy discussion................silly.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Re: Trump will sin!

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:57 pm

(Some) Dems are signaling that they will swallow just about any "poison pill" Repugnants might stick into the negotiated bill and go ahead and sign it...to keep the government open... :doh:

...and can we expect another prime time address when he'll tell us he made potty a decision?
Last edited by scrmbldggs on Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:02 pm

My first kneejerk is against that..............unless..............they can get the gubment funded until the end of Trumps term......otherwise, they are just buying the next extortion..........

hmmmm....can gubment funding go past one year, fiscal or otherwise? I guess not....................so..................HELL NO.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:43 pm

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:51 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:20 pm
The retail model already exists in states that legalized it for recreational use, Colorado comes to mind. It’s funny, one of the bigger franchise owners is a soccer mom. It also exists in states that legalize it for medical use.
I've read that one of the main reasons for continued black market sales in Colorado is to states that haven't legalized it.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:54 pm

Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:43 pm
Despicable {!#%@} hypocrites: https://wtvr.com/2018/10/28/house-major ... ion-tweet/
House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy posted and later deleted a tweet last week that suggested three Jewish, billionaire Democratic donors were attempting to “buy” the 2018 midterm elections.

“We cannot allow Soros, Steyer, and Bloomberg to BUY this election! Get out and vote Republican November 6th. #MAGA,” McCarthy wrote in the tweet posted Tuesday and deleted a day later, a reference to top donors to Democratic causes George Soros and Tom Steyer and former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
Ummm....he's minority leader. didn't say Jewish. totally correct that billionaires should not buy elections. Stupid politician for as a Puke: he "should be" inviting all the Dumbo third parties possible to run. Putin does.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:55 pm

Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:51 pm
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
I've read that one of the main reasons for continued black market sales in Colorado is to states that haven't legalized it.
You tax anything, you get a black market. You make anything illegal, you get a black market.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:12 pm

Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:51 pm
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Some of the surrounding states sued Colorado over their legalization. That includes my backward ass state.

There is a trickle coming in and people are busted for having it in their cars.

Groening:

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:30 pm

Ouch.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:37 pm

Elliot Abrams: past his sell by date. Just answer the truth and move on. Instead, he wants to get pissy. Stupid man: all "murders" are atrocities not supported by America. From there...........its hypocrisy all the way down.

Jeff_36
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Jeff_36 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:50 am

Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:32 pm
Burning Spear rules. OK.
If we're on the subject of reggae........

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:55 am

We are :)

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:02 am

Yeah, Klobuchar is off to a flying start, telling a FAUX News host, “I love you.” Jesus wept.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:05 am

Jeff_36
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Jeff_36 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:32 am

Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:05 am
Omar must go!
In a post-Charlottesville world, the fact that an elected official would display Lost Cause trash like that is disheartening.

Balmoral95
Persistent Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:39 am

Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:05 am
Omar must go!
Not bothered by her remarks at all other than these idiots in Congress being unwilling to (or incapable of) park their respective religious BS at the Capitol doors...

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:49 am

She handled it ok IMO. I think she played into anti-Semitic stereotypes but has acknowledged doing so. Her actions after her tweet bring me around to Josh Marhsall's initial take on the incident. And these Republicans, McCarthy and the clown in that link, are over the top.

Balmoral95
Persistent Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:09 am

Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:49 am
She handled it ok IMO. I think she played into anti-Semitic stereotypes but has acknowledged doing so. Her actions after her tweet bring me around to Josh Marhsall's initial take on the incident. And these Republicans, McCarthy and the clown in that link, are over the top.
I thought the whole thing mountains and molehills.... not real bright on her part, but meh, let's move farther on up the road...

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:22 am

Methinks a tad immature.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:27 am

Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:22 am
Methinks a tad immature.
Like Trump, and most politicians: she is speaking to her base. If you disagree with what she says, you ain't her base.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:12 am

Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:22 am
Methinks a tad immature.
I agree. The cool thing about these freshman is they bring a different outlook. The flip side is they lack a filter. They will make mistakes.

Groening:

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:03 am

Lankford, of all people, basically commented, we all make mistakes in the spotlight, let her find her way.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:36 am

Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:03 am
Lankford, of all people, basically commented, we all make mistakes in the spotlight, let her find her way.
This Lankford?
https://okcrotary.club/james-lankford-u ... -oklahoma/

Groening:

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:46 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:36 am
Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:03 am
This Lankford?
https://okcrotary.club/james-lankford-u ... -oklahoma/
Yup. Your Lankford as I think of him:) He said, basically rebuking Individual-1 and Man Who Cannot Be Near Women,
I do accept Rep. Omar’s apology, and I think it’s entirely appropriate. She’s a brand-new, freshman representative. Sometimes, you get out there and you say things and then you try to correct it. For any of us that are on television, like right now, you get questions, you make responses or you put out a tweet trying to be funny or to try to press a point, and sometimes you go over the line.