Arguing against religion

General discussion on the subject of religion, losing religion, and having no religion to lose...
Angel
Frequent Poster
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Angel » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:26 pm

Azania wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote::hmm: I see we've got our own fictional quote generator. And it's automatic!
Lol! By the looks of it you've always had it. Automaton seems to be the routine here, but you hardly notice until somebody comes along and disrupts your mechanical flow.
An obtuse mind often clogs the cognisance of consciousness to the point were repetition becomes mainstay and your awareness pales into insignificance.
An obtuse mind mines all extremes.
It's the other types of minds that lack
something that causes change.
My mind is more spontaneous .
That's the auto~ fire :oops:
You want to talk?
You know where I am. :lol:

Angel
Frequent Poster

Post by Angel » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:29 pm

Lausten wrote:
Azania wrote:
Lausten wrote:
Azania wrote: Probably for the same reason why somebody would think they are being fooled by somebody using fancy words. so it's for you to tell me.
But who is the fool?
Lol! I don't know, that's the reason I'm asking you to tell me because you are the one that seems to think you are being fooled. What reason have I to fool you or even lie to you? What could I possibly gain?
There's a difference between being fooled and seeing that someone is trying to fool you. One of them buys the Deepak Chopra book, the other doesn't.
I don't buy it ~ him & the Pope
have the same red shoes.
They lie.
You want to talk?

Angel
Frequent Poster

Post by Angel » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:34 pm

gorgeous wrote:Einstein---"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
Please do not call God's good work ~ religion.

Religion is a twisted mess of people that
lie a lot.

God created earth worms and they
do a better job at dominating the
earth than either religious or
scientific people do. 0.o*
You want to talk?

Lausten
Persistent Poster

Post by Lausten » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:38 pm

Angel wrote:
gorgeous wrote:Einstein---"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

lie a lot.
Please don't call nature's work God. God is the lie that there is something beyond nature, outside of nature or before nature.
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

Azania
Access Suspended

Post by Azania » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:07 pm

Poodle wrote:Nature is inherent in self-righteous potentiality.
Lol!! I can almost hear your robotic mono tone voice lol!

Poodle
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Post-bloom

Post by Poodle » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:13 pm

The quantum soup is full of superpositions of possibilities. You and I are dreamweavers of the cosmos. Inspiration is a constant.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:37 pm

Einstein---"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
Pulease: get off it:

"The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this."

https://www.theguardian.com/science/200 ... e.religion
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:52 pm

Poodle wrote:The quantum soup is full of superpositions of possibilities. You and I are dreamweavers of the cosmos. Inspiration is a constant.
:hmm:

The ego expresses a symbolic representation of marvel. :this:
Lard, save me from your followers.

Azania
Access Suspended

Post by Azania » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:36 pm

Lausten wrote:
Azania wrote: You can have it anyhow you like I'm not here to convince you or anyone for that matter. The knowledge is here for the taking only there are no takers. It really makes no difference what we think, at the end of the day we know nothing, only that we exist. As a body you will soon be dead along with your memories of a world that only existed in your imagination.
As I said way back, any woo-woo made up religious stuff always comes back to reflecting what is obvious and observable. I could argue that my actions make a difference in some small way to a few people for a short time. Fleas arguing about who owns the dog.
The whole world is but a reflection of yourself but that fact obviously seems to escape you. Otherwise you would instinctively know that the subject shapes the object and the object shapes the subject so there's no argument there. However whether the flea know he's sitting on a dogs back is not even debatable.
Last edited by Azania on Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Angel
Frequent Poster

Post by Angel » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:12 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Einstein---"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
Pulease: get off it:

"The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this."

https://www.theguardian.com/science/200 ... e.religion
Would you like to be taken out of the
book of life? I'm sure it can be arranged
for you. :-)
You want to talk?

Angel
Frequent Poster

Post by Angel » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:16 am

Lausten wrote:
Angel wrote:

lie a lot.
Please don't call nature's work God. God is the lie that there is something beyond nature, outside of nature or before nature.
I didn't ~ I called nature ~ God's good work.
Not God himself. God in the proper
use is quite useful. What use is the
big bang theory?
This so called big bang theory has
far too many holes. Lol
You want to talk?

Lausten
Persistent Poster

Post by Lausten » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:08 am

Angel wrote:
Lausten wrote:
Angel wrote:

lie a lot.
big bang theory?
far too many holes. Lol
If you meant nature, you should have said nature. Nature is nature, it's not the work of something. When you say, "the nature of", it means its basic elements.
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

Lausten
Persistent Poster

Post by Lausten » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:11 am

Azania wrote:
Lausten wrote:
Azania wrote: You can have it anyhow you like I'm not here to convince you or anyone for that matter. The knowledge is here for the taking only there are no takers. It really makes no difference what we think, at the end of the day we know nothing, only that we exist. As a body you will soon be dead along with your memories of a world that only existed in your imagination.
As I said way back, any woo-woo made up religious stuff always comes back to reflecting what is obvious and observable. I could argue that my actions make a difference in some small way to a few people for a short time. Fleas arguing about who owns the dog.
The whole world is but a reflection of yourself but that fact obviously seems to escape you. Otherwise you would instinctively know that the subject shapes the object and the object shapes the subject so there's no argument there. However whether the flea know he's sitting on a dogs back is not even debatable.
We've been doing this for a while now and you've added nothing, taught nothing. This is a reflection of that, the one creates the other and that other creates the one. No argument, no debate. You talk in circles, then say that you are talking about circles, so I get it but I don't get it. You're done. We're bored.

Angel
Frequent Poster

Post by Angel » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:19 am

Lausten wrote:
Angel wrote:
Lausten wrote:
Angel wrote:

lie a lot.
big bang theory?
far too many holes. Lol
If you meant nature, you should have said nature. Nature is nature, it's not the work of something. When you say, "the nature of", it means its basic elements.
Eh ~ same difference :mrgreen:
You want to talk?

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Monster » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:09 am

Angel wrote: I didn't ~ I called nature ~ God's good work.
big bang theory?
far too many holes. Lol
What good is the BBT? I don't know. However, let's pretend we didn't have that theory and no one, up to this point, had ever asked "where did the universe come from?" Then, in the next second, someone would ask that question, and invent the BBT. Simply saying "goddidit" tells us nothing.

What I'm trying to say is that people like learning stuff. People like understanding the universe. Not all of our knowledge will be immediately useful.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

ElectricMonk
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Post by ElectricMonk » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:13 am

Angel wrote:
Poodle wrote:Nature is inherent in self-righteous potentiality.
But nature doesn't know if it's
right or not~ that's what people
are for. To dominate it.
To be self-righteous, it's irrelevant whether you are right or wrong.

Azania
Access Suspended

Post by Azania » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:07 pm

Angel wrote:
Azania wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote::hmm: I see we've got our own fictional quote generator. And it's automatic!
Lol! By the looks of it you've always had it. Automaton seems to be the routine here, but you hardly notice until somebody comes along and disrupts your mechanical flow.
An obtuse mind often clogs the cognisance of consciousness to the point were repetition becomes mainstay and your awareness pales into insignificance.

An obtuse mind is simply dull and lacks the quickness of perception so I doubt whether it will be capable of mining all extremes. The ability to see clearly is its main problem. When your mind get stuck in a mental grove it behaves like a stuck record and goes round in a repetitious circle, as in birth and death. The user of the mind may not even realise this until they wake up which could potentially take forever.
The mind is not a problem in itself just as memory is not a problem by itself. The problems arise when the mind becomes full of imaginary nonsense - basically all that you think you know. When you buy a brand new computer it works efficiently for a while then it becomes clogged with useless bits of information that it stores to memory rendering it slow and unresponsive. Similarly in ignorance we go through life collecting, borrowing and reading all sort of rubbish that the consciousness records. When the user of the mind does not realise that the mind is only an instrument they become its slave - mind is a very bad master but makes good for a loyal disciple. The moral here is use your mind by all means but do not let it use you.
Last edited by Azania on Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Poodle
True Skeptic

Post by Poodle » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:15 pm

Consciousness consists of morphic resonances of quantum energy. 'Quantum' means an unfolding of the magical. We grow, we exist, we are reborn. Nothing is impossible. The obtuse will flower as the lotus and reclaim karmic responsibility.

Lausten
Persistent Poster

Post by Lausten » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:34 pm

Azania wrote: An obtuse mind is simply dull and lacks the quickness of perception so I doubt whether it will be capable of mining all extremes. The ability to see clearly is its main problem. When your mind get stuck in a mental grove it behaves like a stuck record and goes round in a repetitious circle, as in birth and death. The user of the mind may not even realise this until they wake up which could potentially take forever.
The mind is not a problem in itself just as memory is not a problem by itself. The problems arise when the mind becomes full of imaginary nonsense - basically all that you think you know. When you buy a brand new computer it works efficiently for a while then it becomes clogged with useless bits of information that it stores to memory rendering it slow and unresponsive. Similarly in ignorance we go through life collecting, borrowing and reading all sort of rubbish that the consciousness records. When the user of the mind does not realise that the mind is only an instrument they become its slave - mind is a very bad master but makes good for a loyal disciple. The moral here is use your mind by all means but do not let it use you.
tldr version: Don't think, forget what you have learned, don't try to learn anything new, you can't see the truth (implying that he can).

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:42 pm

Azania wrote:...mind is a very bad master but makes good for a loyal disciple. The moral here is use your mind by all means but do not let it use you.
If you think that's the case, why don't you apply your own advice to yourself?

BTW, do you know that s/he who taught you what you think you know and made you their disciple was discovered a dishonest and greedy fraud?
Lard, save me from your followers.

Angel
Frequent Poster

Post by Angel » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:42 pm

Azania wrote:
Angel wrote:
Azania wrote:

An obtuse mind is simply dull and lacks the quickness of perception so I doubt whether it will be capable of mining all extremes. The ability to see clearly is its main problem. When your mind get stuck in a mental grove it behaves like a stuck record and goes round in a repetitious circle, as in birth and death. The user of the mind may not even realise this until they wake up which could potentially take forever.
Are you anything more than a program
bit that creates a hologram made
manifest ? Evolve.
You want to talk?

Angel
Frequent Poster

Post by Angel » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:44 pm

Poodle wrote:Consciousness consists of morphic resonances of quantum energy. 'Quantum' means an unfolding of the magical. We grow, we exist, we are reborn. Nothing is impossible. The obtuse will flower as the lotus and reclaim karmic responsibility.
Here's hoping! <3
You want to talk?

Lausten
Persistent Poster

Post by Lausten » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:08 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Azania wrote:...mind is a very bad master but makes good for a loyal disciple. The moral here is use your mind by all means but do not let it use you.

BTW, do you know that s/he who taught you what you think you know and made you their disciple was discovered a dishonest and greedy fraud?
That's a big part of it, I forgot to mention. Whatever Azzie is regurgitating here didn't come from nothing. No one sat down and started working through formulas or read some quantum physics or studied the brain and came to conclusions like the things the great Az has been saying. It comes from a more ignorant time or it comes from people who know they are using it to control. But the followers have to repeat it so it sounds like they know something. Mostly they are trying to convince themselves. If they can get even one convert it will seal it for them.

Poodle
True Skeptic

Post by Poodle » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:49 am

Lausten wrote:... Whatever Azzie is regurgitating here didn't come from nothing. No one sat down and started working through formulas or read some quantum physics or studied the brain and came to conclusions like the things the great Az has been saying. It comes from a more ignorant time or it comes from people who know they are using it to control. But the followers have to repeat it so it sounds like they know something. Mostly they are trying to convince themselves. If they can get even one convert it will seal it for them.
I'm fairly certain it comes from people who are so brain-restricted that it's surprising they know how to open their eyes in the morning. It's a collection of buzz-phrases arranged to appear 'knowing' and 'wise' when, in fact. the information content is zero. Twice in this thread I have received serious responses to gobbledygook I took from Chopra-ish generators found randomly on the net. I suspect there's more information in that simple statement than in the whole of Azania's posting history since the internet began.

Azania
Access Suspended

Post by Azania » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:36 am

Lausten wrote:
Azania wrote: An obtuse mind is simply dull and lacks the quickness of perception so I doubt whether it will be capable of mining all extremes. The ability to see clearly is its main problem. When your mind get stuck in a mental grove it behaves like a stuck record and goes round in a repetitious circle, as in birth and death. The user of the mind may not even realise this until they wake up which could potentially take forever.
tldr version: Don't think, forget what you have learned, don't try to learn anything new, you can't see the truth (implying that he can).

Lol!! How deluded are you. There is no tidy version. Words are just words, they are messy however which way they are presented. You cannot know truth by exchanging information, it is much more subtler than that. There are other methods of communication that will propel your consciousness to higher levels without fumbling around with words in your clunky mind, words are only useful as pointers. You unwittingly and repeatedly hit yourself over the head trying to understand what I'm telling you by taking words for their relative meaning. That way you never move beyond them, you see nothing, only the images that they represent . When I refer to you it is the consciousness I make reference to. When you think of yourself it is the image in the mirror you have in mind. The image is superfacial. I know myself as I am, I am nothing in particular yet what I am includes all particulars this is all that I imply. You can know all that you need to know by watching the image but the moment you identify it as being yourself you become stuck in a mental rut. If you have a burst pipe 6 foot under ground you don't fumble around on the surface trying to fix it, you go to the root. Words only signal the facts they do not convey them., facts are non-verbal. You must go to the root of your intelligence, here there will be no room for memory content based on intellect .
Last edited by Azania on Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Azania
Access Suspended

Post by Azania » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:44 am

Poodle wrote:
Lausten wrote:... Whatever Azzie is regurgitating here didn't come from nothing. No one sat down and started working through formulas or read some quantum physics or studied the brain and came to conclusions like the things the great Az has been saying. It comes from a more ignorant time or it comes from people who know they are using it to control. But the followers have to repeat it so it sounds like they know something. Mostly they are trying to convince themselves. If they can get even one convert it will seal it for them.
I'm fairly certain it comes from people who are so brain-restricted that it's surprising they know how to open their eyes in the morning. It's a collection of buzz-phrases arranged to appear 'knowing' and 'wise' when, in fact. the information content is zero. Twice in this thread I have received serious responses to gobbledygook I took from Chopra-ish generators found randomly on the net. I suspect there's more information in that simple statement than in the whole of Azania's posting history since the internet began.
Lol!! You should be more concerned with what you seem to have lost than with what you have found.
in a hospital the sick get treated and get well the treatment is routine with hardly any changes, there is nothing monotonous about health. What I say here maybe routine but the fruits vary from person to person. However it is evident that there are exceptions to this rule. Some trees simply refuse to grow. The little fruit they do produce taste bitter and appear rotten, so much so that even the lowly grubs refuse them.
Last edited by Azania on Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Azania
Access Suspended

Post by Azania » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:47 am

Angel wrote:
Azania wrote:
Angel wrote:
Azania wrote:

Are you anything more than a program
bit that creates a hologram made
manifest ? Evolve.
In consciousness you see whatever you want to see, such is its nature.
Last edited by Azania on Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Azania
Access Suspended

Post by Azania » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:53 am

scrmbldggs wrote:

In consciousness all is me and by me, even your stupidity. For that reason there is no need to apply any advice where it is not needed.
Last edited by Azania on Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Azania
Access Suspended

Post by Azania » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:22 am

Lausten wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:

That's a big part of it, I forgot to mention. Whatever Azzie is regurgitating here didn't come from nothing. No one sat down and started working through formulas or read some quantum physics or studied the brain and came to conclusions like the things the great Az has been saying. It comes from a more ignorant time or it comes from people who know they are using it to control. But the followers have to repeat it so it sounds like they know something. Mostly they are trying to convince themselves. If they can get even one convert it will seal it for them.
There is only the self to convince. How many selves do you think there are? Lol!! Life is the teacher but in order to receive its lessons you must be receptive. There is no need to sit down to work out formulas, that way you close yourself off. Reality is formless so you must remain open so that it can flow into you. As long as you remain tight fisted you will remain unreceptive. Formulas are of no use here. Quantum physics and the brain are all abstract ideas, they are in the realms of the material. they have nothing to do with the reality which of course can only be immaterial. Can you give me a sample of that which makes you sound so mediocre?
Last edited by Azania on Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Poodle
True Skeptic

Post by Poodle » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:26 am

Azania wrote:
Poodle wrote:
Lol!! You should be more concerned with what you seem to have lost than with what you have found.
in a hospital the sick get treated and get well the treatment is routine with hardly any changes, there is nothing monotonous about health. What I say here maybe routine but the fruits vary from person to person. However it is evident that there are exceptions to this rule. Some trees simply refuse to grow. The little fruit they do produce taste bitter and appear rotten, so much so that even the lowly grubs refuse them.
Lol!!! You're a gift, Azania. Extremely reminiscent of the Muppetphone.

Azania
Access Suspended

Post by Azania » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:30 am

Poodle wrote:
Azania wrote:
Poodle wrote:
Lol!!! You're a gift, Azania. Extremely reminiscent of the Muppetphone.
I am whatever it is you say I am. The image that you have of me in you mind has nothing to do with me. Whatever you see you see in your mind.
Last edited by Azania on Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Poodle
True Skeptic

Post by Poodle » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:34 am

Thank you very much. Awfully charitable of you. But my image of you is formed by your own words. Had you never posted, I would not consider you a joke.

Azania
Access Suspended

Post by Azania » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:47 am

Poodle wrote:Thank you very much. Awfully charitable of you. But my image of you is formed by your own words. Had you never posted, I would not consider you a joke.
And where do those words appears?

Poodle
True Skeptic

Post by Poodle » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:15 pm

Go to Quick Links at the top of the page and then choose Your Posts. That's where you'll see all of those words. They're in reverse-chronological order (which I know you'll find trying) but they're all there when you need them.

Glad to be of help.

Lausten
Persistent Poster

Post by Lausten » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:21 pm

Azania wrote:Quantum physics and the brain are all abstract ideas, they are in the realms of the material. they have nothing to do with the reality which of course can only be immaterial. Can you give me a sample of that which makes you sound so mediocre?
It's always at the most critical points where you fail. When you say "reality is...", then fall off a cliff saying, "of course", as if it should be obvious to everyone, that it's "immaterial".

I can't respond to that question above because it barely qualifies as English. Wanna try rephrasing?

Lausten
Persistent Poster

Post by Lausten » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:25 pm

Azania wrote:
Poodle wrote: I am whatever it is you say I am. The image that you have of me in you mind has nothing to do with me. Whatever you see you see in your mind.
I think Poodle would agree with you, at least partially. Individually, we only have our senses, so your statement is almost a tautology. However, assuming there is a real world, and you are in it, you have some influence on some of the things I perceive.

Angel
Frequent Poster

Post by Angel » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:50 pm

Azania wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:

In consciousness all is me and by me, even your stupidity. For that reason there is no need to apply any advice where it is not needed.
By those words ~ you should stop making others
stupid as it annoys you. LoL
You want to talk?

Azania
Access Suspended

Post by Azania » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:51 pm

Poodle wrote:Go to Quick Links at the top of the page and then choose Your Posts. That's where you'll see all of those words. They're in reverse-chronological order (which I know you'll find trying) but they're all there when you need them.

Glad to be of help.
Lol! It would be better for you if you tried to help yourself. You are like the child who thinks the moon is in the water because of its reflection. Your body and whatever appears to you outside of the body the brain manufactures. ( I know you are not going to understand, even if you try but maybe if you add a little oil to your cognisance...
Last edited by Azania on Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Angel
Frequent Poster

Post by Angel » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:57 pm

The moon isn't in the body of water yet
it is strongly influenced by the moon.
Deny the moon mooves water. hehe
You want to talk?

Azania
Access Suspended

Post by Azania » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:17 pm

Lausten wrote:
Azania wrote:Quantum physics and the brain are all abstract ideas, they are in the realms of the material. they have nothing to do with the reality which of course can only be immaterial. Can you give me a sample of that which makes you sound so mediocre?
It's always at the most critical points where you fail. When you say "reality is...", then fall off a cliff saying, "of course", as if it should be obvious to everyone, that it's "immaterial".

I can't respond to that question above because it barely qualifies as English. Wanna try rephrasing?
Well if the forum allowed I would draw you a picture, such methods are always useful when dealing pedants and the unintelligent. You people me make laugh, you think reality can be had in varying degrees or qualities. What has the English language got to do with reality? Language is created by the mind for the mind. When you were a child of two what did you understand about the English language and its formula ? You simply repeated what you were taught. As of yet you have not responded appropriately, you have simply reacted to an impact. There is nothing intelligent about reflects it is a programmed response.
Last edited by Azania on Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.