Where have we been?
Kilik
BANNED

A Prehistoric Painting of a Policeman with a Gun

Post by Kilik » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:18 pm

flyer1
Regular Poster

Post by flyer1 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:44 am

I suppose it's a "policeman with a gun" the same way the Tenochtitlan sculptures of Tlaloc are "really" four-wheel-drive vehicles, and the famous Mayan tomb lid was "really" an ancient astronaut being launched on a spacecraft...until they decoded the glyphs which said "Chac descends into the underworld."

It's a gun because someone wants to believe it's a gun. It looks like an atlatl or perhaps a stone axe to me.
"Have you seen my people, magician?" said the unicorn. "They are wild and sea-white, like me."
Schmendrick shook his head. "I have never seen anyone like you, not while I was awake."

Andy68
Poster

Re: A Prehistoric Painting of a Policeman with a Gun

Post by Andy68 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:05 pm

Now you're just reaching. I read this little quote on that site "How come such an astonishing discovery is not well known today?", and I just laughed and laughed and laughed.

rrichar911
Perpetual Poster

Post by rrichar911 » Sun May 14, 2006 5:21 am

The stalk of the "gun" is not in the drawing, it is rather the shape made by the persons arm and body, rather than an object. Removing that from the pic of the "gun" drastically reduces the simularity between the drawing and a gun. If that part of the drawing were of an object, why is there a gap between the finger and they body? There is nothing there.

What it is a drawing of, I could not say.
What really intrest me is whether God had any choice in the creation of the universe ~ Albert Einstein

Qaxlor

Post by Qaxlor » Sat May 27, 2006 12:31 am

A simpler explantion than positing the discovery of gunpowder and ballistics thousands of years before any other evidence for their use would be either some kind of hand weapon, ceremonial object or even the first thing that came to my mind (dirty and anthropoligically-oriented as it is) which is something similar to the Yanomami practice of tying the penis to a waist string, perhaps incorporating some kind of adornment. We have evidence for all those practices and reason to suspect they could have existed pre-historically. Whereas we have none to suspect cave-musketeers.
"Something involving that many big words could easily destabilize time itself."

Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Custom Title: Nucken Futs

Post by Major Malfunction » Sat May 27, 2006 10:27 am

I am man. See my club.

The other adornments may mean something also, seeing as the artist has taken the time to represent them. Tribe identity, status? Your guess is as good as mine. Their meanings are lost in time. But wielding a club and pointing to one's phallus are easily interpreted.

I own this place. Stay away or I'll kick your arse.