Should schools use video surveillance?

Methods and means of supporting critical thinking in education
Paul
Regular Poster

Should schools use video surveillance?

Post by Paul » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:08 pm

The National Center on Education Statistics reported that in 2003-2004 nearly one third of elementary schools, 42 percent of middle schools, and 60 percent of high schools utilized surveillance cameras.

I believe cameras allow school teachers, security personnel to do more job-specific work, which saves money in the long run since the mundane tasks will be performed by the security system. I have no problem with cameras placed near entrances, hallways, stairwells, common areas and parking. Three years ago the city where I live built a $42 Million Dollar school, State of the art. The building is wired for cameras but they were never installed. Safety would be my first reason as it is a necessary and proper means to prevent vandalism, gang activity, fights, trespassing or theft .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names."
- John F. Kennedy (1917-1963)
Proud To Be a Vietnam Vet

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: My nightmare

Re: Should schools use video surveillance?

Post by Gord » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:18 pm

Sure.

However, I also believe children should be tied up and locked in the closet until they learn better manners, too. ;) So normally I'm not allowed to vote on these particular issues.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

brauneyz
Persistent Poster

Post by brauneyz » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:02 pm

Gord wrote:Sure.

However, I also believe children should be tied up and locked in the closet until they learn better manners, too. ;) So normally I'm not allowed to vote on these particular issues.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ya know, I really did miss you while you were away.
"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves." ~ Bertrand de Jouvenel

Chachacha
Has More Than 9K Posts
Custom Title: Irrational Skeptic

Post by Chachacha » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:47 pm

From what I saw as a child in school, I think camera in schools and in the classroom are a good idea.

Also, on one of the video or court shows, there was a high school principal who grabbed a kid on the school steps and dragged him to where he thought the cameras couldn't see him and beat the crap out of the kid who was less than half his size: it was a good thing that they had cameras and a good thing that the principal miscalculated.

And I think cameras in the classroom supported the accusation of a student teacher that the teacher was giving disabled children 3 to 4 hour time-outs in a room by themselves while they screamed and cried: the State standard was something like 15 minutes.

Can they put cameras in bathrooms, a favorite place for bullies and molesters to attack kids, or is that against the law?

Paul
Regular Poster

Post by Paul » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:28 pm

Chachacha wrote:From what I saw as a child in school, I think camera in schools and in the classroom are a good idea.

Can they put cameras in bathrooms, a favorite place for bullies and molesters to attack kids, or is that against the law?

Good Idea but, United States constitutional law is clear, a person has a reasonable expectation of privacy in a residence and public places which have been specifically provided by businesses or the public sector to ensure privacy, such as public restrooms. I was the school resource officer for two years. Many crimes could have been solved and prevented with cameras installed.

bigtim
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: Skeptical Berserker

Post by bigtim » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:36 pm

Paul59 wrote:
Chachacha wrote:From what I saw as a child in school, I think camera in schools and in the classroom are a good idea.

Good Idea but, United States constitutional law is clear, a person has a reasonable expectation of privacy in a residence and public places which have been specifically provided by businesses or the public sector to ensure privacy, such as public restrooms. I was the school resource officer for two years. Many crimes could have been solved and prevented with cameras installed.

I think cameras in schools and on busses is a good idea. school and busses can be violent and disturbing places.
~
BigTim
"I'm not entirely convinced that ValHalla isn't real."

brauneyz
Persistent Poster

Post by brauneyz » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:41 pm

I've really, really, really been trying to behave here lately, but I am amazed at how easily my fellow humans will piss away the right to privacy. :scratch:

Somehow, the very small cumulative probability of a violent/sexual crime occurring in a restroom now takes precedence over any expectation of privacy? What, they're only kids so they have none? Thousands of adolescents, videotaped hours at a time in the most intimate environment imaginable, and we're all hunky dory with it? :shock:

Cousin Tom, I need you. The nanny state is here, and it is us! :beg:
"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves." ~ Bertrand de Jouvenel

Chachacha
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Chachacha » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:54 pm

Brauney, do you believe think computer links to cameras in day care and pre-school centers is an example of pissing away our right to privacy?

brauneyz
Persistent Poster

Post by brauneyz » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:01 pm

Chachacha wrote:Brauney, do you believe think computer links to cameras in day care and pre-school centers is an example of pissing away our right to privacy?

If they are located in restrooms, absolutely! Major invasion of privacy.

But the difference here is that in the above scenario, I am an employee, an adult, and most likely fully aware of the rules of employment when I voluntarily accept the job. I have the option of terminating said employment at any time.

Adolescents, essentially forced to attend school and with damn few rights, never have the option of agreeing to this stipulation.

Paul
Regular Poster

Post by Paul » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:08 pm

brauneyz wrote:I've really, really, really been trying to behave here lately, but I am amazed at how easily my fellow humans will piss away the right to privacy. :scratch:

Somehow, the very small cumulative probability of a violent/sexual crime occurring in a restroom now takes precedence over any expectation of privacy? What, they're only kids so they have none? Thousands of adolescents, videotaped hours at a time in the most intimate environment imaginable, and we're all hunky dory with it? :shock:

Since you are on a roll, Hold on to your bloomers. If a cop Went into the restroom at Burger King and he heard coming from the stall what sounded like someone snorting a line of cocaine. So he peeks into the crack of the door and his suspicion is correct. Here comes that expectation of privacy he was taught in the Academy. A crime was committed he observed it, and he can't do a thing about it. You see it's like this. The legislative branch makes the law and they are all lawyers. Gawd bless the legislature.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:10 pm

Chachacha wrote: Can they put cameras in bathrooms, a favorite place for bullies and molesters to attack kids, or is that against the law?

I think your last point is the most important. Schools are like gaols and the kiddies will find places that no cameras exist to smoke cigarettes or do other "nasties". In my mind it is probably a good thing to have an area where there are no cameras so the kiddies can think they are rebellious and free but the teachers simply know where this place is.

( I admit the USA and Australia have slightly different problems. We both have children molestors and school drug problems but we Aussies do not have gun problems.)

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Post by OlegTheBatty » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:16 pm

Paul59 wrote:
brauneyz wrote:I've really, really, really been trying to behave here lately, but I am amazed at how easily my fellow humans will piss away the right to privacy. :scratch:

Since you are on a roll, Hold on to your bloomers. If a cop Went into the restroom at Burger King and he heard coming from the stall what sounded like someone snorting a line of cocaine. So he peeks into the crack of the door and his suspicion is correct. Here comes that expectation of privacy he was taught in the Academy. A crime was committed he observed it, and he can't do a thing about it. You see it's like this. The legislative branch makes the law and they are all lawyers. Gawd bless the legislature.

You are right. A crime was committed. The cop should be charged with voyeurism.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Chachacha
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Chachacha » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:21 pm

brauneyz wrote:
Chachacha wrote:Brauney, do you believe think computer links to cameras in day care and pre-school centers is an example of pissing away our right to privacy?

If they are located in restrooms, absolutely! Major invasion of privacy.

What if there are no cameras in restrooms: do you believe cameras in day care and pre-school centers is an example of pissing away our right to privacy?

But the difference here is that in the above scenario, I am an employee, an adult, and most likely fully aware of the rules of employment when I voluntarily accept the job. I have the option of terminating said employment at any time.

Adolescents, essentially forced to attend school and with damn few rights, never have the option of agreeing to this stipulation.

So what's the cutoff age - 5, 6, 7, 8, 16? When does a child's right to privacy, or a caretaker's right to privacy, supercede our responsibility to assure that children of all ages are protected in common areas, and behind the closed doors of the classrooms, principal offices, etc?

Anyone who wants to send their children to schools where they are at the mercy of priests, brothers, and nuns or other religious figures are free to do so, but the public schools should have cameras.

brauneyz
Persistent Poster

Post by brauneyz » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:23 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:

I knew I loved you for a reason. This one's on me tonight. :redwine:

bigtim
Perpetual Poster

Post by bigtim » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:36 pm

There are two differences in cameras in bathrooms... bathrooms and stalls. I put 3 kids through public schools (well, in process of #3 still) and the degree of bully, threat, illegal activity, and violence that occurs in bathrooms, school grounds and school buses is very high. Unless it's filmed then even if they're reported the vast majority of these go without action. I don't consider this a privacy issue. There is no expectation of privacy in public spaces. Even privacy in restrooms is debatable and subject to different interpretation in different states.

I know for me that I would rather have cameras in my kid's school than not. Especially since I had a daughter going through high school and know for a fact that these 17 and 18 year old boys look to the incoming 14 year old girls as incoming fresh meat.

You also have a problem with the varying strata's regarding social level and parental involvement. It's not uncommon to have kids that grew up with no violence, parents that supported and loved them, isolated, to all of a sudden have system shock when they begin interacting with these other kids.

I have personal experience with teenage boys with mental and emotional problems doing disturbing things and legally forced to be allowed. One boy would masturbate in class, all that the school legally could do was try to redirect him into a private space. But he was protected due to his mental disability and the school HAD to allow him to go and stay there. This kid was in a couple of my daughter's classes.

But, what I'd rather, is have a much smaller school with a much smaller teacher to student ratio. In those circumstances you don't find many of the problems you have in public schools.

A question was asked as to how old... and I think the biggest problem is high school... control the hell out of those teenagers....

But then I have this overwhelming urge to beat the crap out of 80% of all teenage boys I come across...
~
BigTim

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:45 pm

bigtim wrote: I know for me that I would rather have cameras in my kid's school than not. .......But then I have this overwhelming urge to beat the crap out of 80% of all teenage boys I come across...

I agree with your comments, and you obviously are a parent but what about a bit of "stage managed rebelliousness" so the kids think they are free from the camera's prying eye but you really know the maximun naughtyness that they can get up to by "setting the stage".

( When I was 14, I was invited to a party for 14 year old girls birthday. Her parents were modern americans and they supplied bottles of watered down alcoholic punch and then went out. All us kiddies got "drunk". I asked my mother how could parents do this. She said "they rang two weeks ago and negotiated the punch with other parents". I was impressed).

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life

Post by OlegTheBatty » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:47 pm

brauneyz wrote:
OlegTheBatty wrote:

I knew I loved you for a reason. This one's on me tonight. :redwine:

Merci beaucoup. Da nada.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

vanderpoel
Perpetual Poster

Post by vanderpoel » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:49 pm

The problem with video surveillance in schools is that it teaches kids to better hide their drug use. A better and much cheaper solution can be emulated from the Dutch.

To combat drug use in the street, the city of Amsterdam allows users to converge in a large downtown warehouse, where mattresses are provided. Dealers and users are welcome to visit there, sell, use and sleep off their drugs.

There is no video surveillance inside the warehouse so everyone can feel safe.
Most visitors are unaware that the police have a sophisticated hidden surveillance setup monitoring the arrivals and departures of the visitors near the entrance of the building.

Entering and leaving a drug zone is not actionable and as legal as going to a brothel, so the authorities donʻt have to arrest anyone, They just know who you are.

Schools could use such a safe zone that students could visit safely to get high. There would be no need to get the kids arrested and one would need only one video camera to monitor the entrance.

Think of it as a reward system for youngsters, if your grades are good you get to be high in comfort, if not, itʻs back to fumbling with drugs in the bathroom again.
"When you put a toucan on a monkey’s ass, don’t be fooled by the brightly colored plumage, beware of the enormous bill!"

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:44 am

vanderpoel wrote:The problem with video surveillance in schools is that it teaches kids to better hide their drug use. A better and much cheaper solution can be emulated from the Dutch..

Holland is 10 years ahead of the planet and is not scared to take social risks. I love Amsterdam because you can be an idio0t one day and smoke pot, ride a bike and eat icecream and the next day go to the Reichs Museum and see how the Dutch conquered the world (almost)

Matthew ( From Australia, formerly called "New Holland" by Dirk Harthog the dutch man who first came here)

bigtim
Perpetual Poster

Post by bigtim » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:50 am

vanderpoel wrote:The problem with video surveillance in schools is that it teaches kids to better hide their drug use.

The problem of grilling your kid with a Q&A to find out what they'e been doing is that it teaches them to be better liars...

I've know a siet ton of kids.. trust me, they're not all that bright. They will do stupid {!#%@} right in front of the camera, or an adult, becuase they can't really connect action-consequence on all things yet...

what country is it legal to drink beer at 16 and spirits at 18? dont' recall, but I think it should be 21 to get your driver's license...
~
BigTim

vanderpoel
Perpetual Poster

Post by vanderpoel » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:50 am

bigtim wrote:
vanderpoel wrote:The problem with video surveillance in schools is that it teaches kids to better hide their drug use.

The problem of grilling your kid with a Q&A to find out what they'e been doing is that it teaches them to be better liars...

I've know a siet ton of kids.. trust me, they're not all that bright. They will do stupid {!#%@} right in front of the camera, or an adult, becuase they can't really connect action-consequence on all things yet...

what country is it legal to drink beer at 16 and spirits at 18? dont' recall, but I think it should be 21 to get your driver's license...

In Holland there is no legal drinking age. The law only provides that you must be 18 to buy alcohol, but if an adult provides you with alcohol at 12 years old, no problem.

If youʻre not 18 yet, why not start smoking early? You can legally buy cigarettes in Holland at 16. The fringe benefits of the Marshall plan.
"When you put a toucan on a monkey’s ass, don’t be fooled by the brightly colored plumage, beware of the enormous bill!"

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:38 pm

bigtim wrote:But then I have this overwhelming urge to beat the crap out of 80% of all teenage boys I come across...

I think that's normal for everyone. :sweatdrop:
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life

Post by OlegTheBatty » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:42 pm

Gord wrote:
bigtim wrote:But then I have this overwhelming urge to beat the crap out of 80% of all teenage boys I come across...

... even pacifists...

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:46 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:
Gord wrote:

... even pacifists...

Pacifists get urges, too!
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Chachacha
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Chachacha » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:34 pm

bigtim wrote:There are two differences in cameras in bathrooms... bathrooms and stalls. I put 3 kids through public schools (well, in process of #3 still) and the degree of bully, threat, illegal activity, and violence that occurs in bathrooms, school grounds and school buses is very high. Unless it's filmed then even if they're reported the vast majority of these go without action. I don't consider this a privacy issue. There is no expectation of privacy in public spaces. Even privacy in restrooms is debatable and subject to different interpretation in different states.

I agree, but it might give new meaning to "pissing away our rights". :mrgreen:

I know for me that I would rather have cameras in my kid's school than not. Especially since I had a daughter going through high school and know for a fact that these 17 and 18 year old boys look to the incoming 14 year old girls as incoming fresh meat.

Girls begin dealing with sexual taunts and boys trying to grope them in the hallways and on school buses in the 2nd Grade. :(

bigtim
Perpetual Poster

Post by bigtim » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:53 pm

Chachacha wrote:
bigtim wrote:There are two differences in cameras in bathrooms... bathrooms and stalls. I put 3 kids through public schools (well, in process of #3 still) and the degree of bully, threat, illegal activity, and violence that occurs in bathrooms, school grounds and school buses is very high. Unless it's filmed then even if they're reported the vast majority of these go without action. I don't consider this a privacy issue. There is no expectation of privacy in public spaces. Even privacy in restrooms is debatable and subject to different interpretation in different states.

I agree, but it might give new meaning to "pissing away our rights". :mrgreen:

My preference would be to not have schools be the warehouses that they are... but, I can't homeschool, my wife & children don't have the temperament for it, and school does in fact teach you some valuable life lessons.... like the {!#%@} tend to get what they want.

Chachacha wrote:

Girls begin dealing with sexual taunts and boys trying to grope them in the hallways and on school buses in the 2nd Grade. :(

I know, it pisses the {!#%@} of out of me and doesn't make it right. I even hate the fact that high school and middle school ride the same bus at times. When I see film of some 17 year old smack the crap out of some 11 year old and nobody stops it my blood boils to the point of violence. Then that boy's parents wine about why he's arrested and he's just a kid and I want to beat the crap out them. I have no tolerance for that {!#%@}, and have even less tolerance for the attitude of acceptance that many have around it. The reason {!#%@} like that happens is that it's allowed to happen. If you smack down that crap immediately with extreme effort it will not creep up again. Every coach, drill instructor, scout leader knows that if you get an {!#%@} of a kid that you don't stomp down when he crosses that line they just go farther and farther over and tend to drag others with them.

Sorry, teenagers are not entitled to total and open freedom as they, except in rare occasions, misuse it. They are too egocentric and quite often lack any connection between action, consequence, or some else's feelings or rights.
~
BigTim

Paul
Regular Poster

Post by Paul » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:14 pm

bigtim wrote:
There are two differences in cameras in bathrooms... bathrooms and stalls. I put 3 kids through public schools (well, in process of #3 still) and the degree of bully, threat, illegal activity, and violence that occurs in bathrooms, school grounds and school buses is very high. Unless it's filmed then even if they're reported the vast majority of these go without action. I don't consider this a privacy issue. There is no expectation of privacy in public spaces. Even privacy in restrooms is debatable and subject to different interpretation in different states.

Tim, The bathroom stall with the door shut has an expectation of privacy for anyone using it. The bathroom itself does not have any expectation of privacy, that is indeed a public area. Any place the public has a right of access is not covered by the 4th amendment.
The Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution is the part of the Bill of Rights which guards against unreasonable searches and seizures.

Good example. A bar tender in a pub is dealing drugs behind the bar. Under cover police see a deal go down. They arrest the bar tender. In order to search behind the bar they must obtain a search warrant. Because the public is not allowed behind the bar. It falls under the 4th Amendment statute

As far as cameras in schools I see no reasonable explanation why any school would not install them. Kids don't have rights in school, they only have a right to an education.

bigtim
Perpetual Poster

Post by bigtim » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:30 am

Paul59 wrote:
bigtim wrote:

Tim, The bathroom stall with the door shut has an expectation of privacy for anyone using it. The bathroom itself does not have any expectation of privacy, that is indeed a public area. Any place the public has a right of access is not covered by the 4th amendment.
The Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution is the part of the Bill of Rights which guards against unreasonable searches and seizures.

Good example. A bar tender in a pub is dealing drugs behind the bar. Under cover police see a deal go down. They arrest the bar tender. In order to search behind the bar they must obtain a search warrant. Because the public is not allowed behind the bar. It falls under the 4th Amendment statute

As far as cameras in schools I see no reasonable explanation why any school would not install them. Kids don't have rights in school, they only have a right to an education.

I agree with your last point -- but as to your example, if an officer of the law observes a crime they have probable cause and can in fact go behind the bar based on their observation. What they can't do is then go and search the guy's home without getting a search warrant first.
~
BigTim

Anchor of Life
Frequent Poster

Post by Anchor of Life » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:00 pm

Paul59 wrote:Should schools use video surveillance?

Yes.
"This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls." (Hebrews 6:19)

Hotair101
Frequent Poster
Custom Title: Newton got it wrong.

Post by Hotair101 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:24 pm

Anchor of Life wrote:

Yes.

You've been very quiet lately, Anchor?
Be an Independent Thinker, not a Critical Stinker
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."........Aristotle.

Phssthpok

Post by Phssthpok » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:37 pm

Paul59 wrote:
The National Center on Education Statistics reported that in 2003-2004 nearly one third of elementary schools, 42 percent of middle schools, and 60 percent of high schools utilized surveillance cameras.

I believe cameras allow school teachers, security personnel to do more job-specific work, which saves money in the long run since the mundane tasks will be performed by the security system. I have no problem with cameras placed near entrances, hallways, stairwells, common areas and parking. Three years ago the city where I live built a $42 Million Dollar school, State of the art. The building is wired for cameras but they were never installed. Safety would be my first reason as it is a necessary and proper means to prevent vandalism, gang activity, fights, trespassing or theft .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My best friend is a high school teacher. Last year there were fifteen students disciplined (suspended or dismissed entirely) based on violence caught on camera.

Three years ago at another school nearby a kid got hit in the head with a padlock and went into a coma for two weeks, and had subsequent neurological problems -it was a kid who didn't belong in the school that hit him, over a misidentification the offender made- and he would've gotten away with it if not for the school's cameras.

They're unfortunately necessary.
"His life story was almost visibly coming to a close. Presently, he dreamed." ~Larry Niven

brauneyz
Persistent Poster

Post by brauneyz » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:15 pm

Hotair101 wrote:
Anchor of Life wrote:

Yes.

Hotair, you are so delightfully naive. I think I'm falling in love. :lol:

This is AoL's MO. He'll come back when he's gleaned all the answers from the Answers in Genesis website. It's a haven for sheeple incapable of original thought. Fortunately, their memory spans fall short of even Twitter's 140 character limit. :P

vanderpoel
Perpetual Poster

Post by vanderpoel » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:31 pm

brauneyz wrote:
Hotair101 wrote:
Anchor of Life wrote:

Yes.

Hotair, you are so delightfully naive. I think I'm falling in love. :lol:

This is AoL's MO. He'll come back when he's gleaned all the answers from the Answers in Genesis website. It's a haven for sheeple incapable of original thought. Fortunately, their memory spans fall short of even Twitter's 140 character limit. :P

Mmm... having tacks with your acid this morning?
My cup of tea. :mrgreen:

Octochill

Post by Octochill » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:44 pm

This is a very interesting thread.

hero01hero

Post by hero01hero » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:46 am

maybe its good to have a surveillance in school but i think just for high school to college level must have it,
grade level children can control and see by there advisers ,
just for my opinion ..

by d way my name is dei new comer in here..

good day to all :D

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:08 pm

hero01hero wrote:by d way my name is dei new comer in here..

good day to all :D

:wave:
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Irvann

Post by Irvann » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:26 pm

Kids aren't smart enough to complain about surveillance. Figure if they grow up with it they'll never complain later on either. Got to ask the question though, how far can the authorities go to keep us "safe" ?

poppycambridge

Post by poppycambridge » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:55 pm

using it does have positive and negative out come for an individual. It can be use as a way of security though there are times that a persons privacy can also harm by this kind of thing.
I am a very outgoing and social person by nature. In fact, most of my friends call me the life of the party whenever we go out clubbing and barhopping. However I still do my best to make time for my studies and attending hypnosis training.

bigtim
Perpetual Poster

Post by bigtim » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:17 am

I'm even more adamant that the Mega-school structure is evil... {!#%@} kill it...
~
BigTim

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life

Post by OlegTheBatty » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:52 pm

A-number wrote:I think they should install them everywhere starting from the Principal's office. Couple of years back in here, a principal raped an under age girl (claiming to have a relations with her), he has not been punished, was moved to a different school where he proceeded to do it again with a different girl :lol:. Also, in here (bless the Californians, they are so out of control, they might as well move to the mountains to live with the animals) couple of kids proceeded to have sex in the back of the class (boy and girl), of course while class was in progress, all kids sitting in the back pulled out their little phones and started to Hollywood-tape the whole thing :lol: . And guess what Ladies and gentlemen? this, I reapeat, THIS! without the teacher having the slightest clue!!!!! I say he or she must have been snorting cocain at the time. Needeless to say that the little devils quickly got on it (just as a bad little cop would :P) by emailing the 'sequence' :lol: to everybody they know around the county, and why not? around the earth. And I bet the taping is on underground you tube by now. Yes, I think security cameras should be installed everywhere.

People upgrade their cameras and phones all the time, but institutions rarely upgrade their security cameras. The phones are likely to give a better quality video, at least most of the time. Besides, students are much more likely than security personnel to upload to Youtube.