Trump will win!

Discussions
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Re: Trump will whine!

Post by scrmbldggs » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:17 pm

>> the right-wing fights harder than the Democrats.

And dirtier. It's almost as if they couldn't ever win without that. Or lying. And cheating. I wonder why that is...
Lard, save me from your followers.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:32 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:17 pm

And dirtier. It's almost as if they couldn't ever win without that. Or lying. And cheating. I wonder why that is...
Its based on capitalism.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

ElectricMonk
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Post by ElectricMonk » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:26 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:32 pm
scrmbldggs wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:17 pm

Its based on capitalism.
And the Prosperity Gospel: if you win by breaking the law and get away with it, God wanted you to become a criminal.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:32 pm

As found in Corruptians 1:10 (Answer of the Reptilian Gospel to Matthew 3:7)

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Re: Trump will win!

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:58 pm

The idea that dirty pool is "based on capitalism" doesn't get us very far, because 1) non-capitalist states are also corrupt and dishonest and 2), as IF Stone wrote (I actually met IF Stone and spent a few days with him, but that's another story for another time), "All governments lie, but disaster lies in wait for countries whose officials smoke the same hashish they give out." And, in line with this, some governments lie more than others - in the US, the Johnson, Nixon and Bush II presidencies come to mind - and some are heavier smokers than others. The Trump administration, well . . .

Back to the Strait of Hormuz: what I've read in the Swedish papers sounds like what's being reported about Germany: a column in Aftonbladet, noting that the Iranians well might be the culprits, said that the proof offered by the US is "pretty useless" and, if Iran is indeed hitting the tankers, the origin of the problem - a "wholly unnecessary" diplomatic crisis - lies in Trump's "careless way of pursuing foreign policy" in general and his scrapping of a "functioning agreement" with Iran. Aftonbladet assumes that Iran might have carried out the attacks to demonstrate its resolve and to make a forceful statement that the country will not be bullied by the US and its allies.

Which is to say that, despite an international report concluding that the earlier attack was done by a state and despite previous Iranian statements about choking off the strait, international observers who are not Saudi Arabia or ruled by right-wing allies of the US (e.g., the UK), have yet to line up against Iran as they might, given Iran's record. As Josh Marshall wrote, "Having zero credibility has costs" - and the credibility of the Trump regime is low due to the two factors mentioned in Aftonbladet - "pretty useless" evidence, in line with the regime's hostile attitude toward accuracy, and, probably more important, Trump's manufacture of a "wholly unnecessary" crisis, one most European governments didn't want.
. . . all right we are two nations . . .

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:51 pm

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:18 pm

^ wrote:During a freewheeling “Fox and Friends” interview on Friday, Trump announced that Homan would serve as the border czar and be “very much involved in the border.”
He was tripping all over himself to take up the airtime (causing a FAUX Noise alert) since - dog forbid - his supporters might have watched a bit of the fallout of his foreign help acceptance confession. I guess he chattered on about anything to keep them interested, but border issues, hey, nothing more enticing than that!! (And also, there's nothing of interest or importance going on at the White Dump...)

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:38 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:18 pm
there's nothing of interest or importance going on at the White Dump...)
How dare you! It is at the White House. And by it we mean that we have our own Jackie O today, it’s called Melania. Melania. We’ll call it Melania T, Okay?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:34 pm

Then who's Melanie? :?

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:40 pm

MikeN wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:54 am
Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:12 am

MikeN wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:16 am
I don't believe chemical weapons were used in Syria.
I don't believe Tom Brady messed with the footballs in deflategate.
Agreed. The NFL proved this in the Wells Report, but it went unnoticed.
I do believe OJ though.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:41 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:34 pm
I think you mean what's Melanio?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:13 pm

Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:41 pm
scrmbldggs wrote:
I think you mean what's Melanio?
It's all Geek to me. :afdb:

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:27 am

Shocking, just shocking . . . if only someone had warned of this: Workers see job promises vanish as bosses pocket Trump tax windfall: AT&T, General Motors and Wells Fargo vowed to use tax cuts to create jobs. In fact, they did the opposite:
AT&T’s CEO, Randall Stephenson, promised in November 2017 to invest $1bn in capital expenditure and create 7,000 new jobs at the company if Trump’s hugely controversial tax cut bill passed. Many opponents had slammed the cuts as a corporate giveaway that benefited the super-rich. But big firms lobbied for it, saying – as AT&T did – that it would fund job-creating expansions.

The bill was voted into law in December 2017, reducing the corporate tax rate from 35% to 21%. AT&T’s benefit was a tax windfall of $21bn and an additional estimated $3bn annually. But instead of creating jobs and increasing investment into the company, AT&T has eliminated 23,328 jobs since the tax cut bill was passed, according to a recent report by the Communications Workers of America. The CWA also said AT&T reduced their capital investments by $1.4bn. . . . [A] report published on 22 May by the Congressional Research Service, a non-partisan thinktank for members of Congress, found the tax cuts did not significantly affect the economy or boost wages, but benefited investors more than anyone else. . . .

[Frank Clemente, executive director of Americans for Tax Fairness] noted only 4% of the US workforce saw any sort of pay increase or bonus from the tax cuts. Meanwhile, data collected by ATF shows corporations have cut thousands of jobs since the tax cuts were passed, while using tax windfalls to buy back $1tn of their own stock, which primarily benefits corporate executives and wealthy investors since half of all Americans own no stock.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:48 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Isn't she out back roller skating with Julio???
Just saw a one hour special on Faux about the Stepford Mail Order Trophy Wife aka our First Lady. "Actually"....I kind of like her. Seems very down to earth and grounded...."getting what she wants" for the most part out of Trump: raising her kiddie as she wishes in an manner of luxury that is nothing but a fairytale come true. What I admire is she accepts the tradeoffs. "Most Trophy Wives" do have a requirement not to be embarassed in public, but Melania is a foreigner and may not have that excuse. I won't be surprised at all if she divorces Trump after the election and takes her increased payoff to live a life of her choosing.

A sacrifice of course..........but one that very few would pass up. I mean: JUST LOOK at the Republican Party.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:58 pm

GOP in disarray as budget impasse threatens shutdown, deep cuts — and default: WaPo backgrounder on budget/debt ceiling dysfunction

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:09 pm

OK, another link - this one on the moronic belief that what we've needed is a businessman to be president, and some of the story about how one businessman got there

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:17 pm

It's bad form to constantly link to WaPo that is BEHIND A PAY WALL. Do you work on commission?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:18 pm

Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:09 pm
OK, another link - this one on the moronic belief that what we've needed is a businessman to be president, and some of the story about how one businessman got there
^ wrote:His brand survived...and even thrived, because he wasn’t just concocting tales of his greatness; he was also forcing others to repeat them, or at least not to contradict them. It was a strategy that more recently has paid off handsomely against onetime opponents like Sen. Lindsey Graham. Nobody can succeed on this scale simply by lying. Trump’s greatest and most cynical skill, honed during the 1980s and 1990s, was learning how to win by silencing truth-tellers and suppressing the truth when it matters most.
(my bold)

What's that about Lindsey?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:44 pm

All of Trumps opponents during the nominating process made statements against Trump but Lindsey is on tape criticizing Trump within the past 1-2 weeks and then when asked for details he flip flops to Support Trump. I think the most recent one is on comments about taking help from whomever/Norway/Russia..........at least, he didn't vote to support legislation to expressly require any and all contacts with foreigners to be reported to the FBI.

Actually.......an excellent demonstration of the Slippery Slope concern whenever an unqualified candidate is allowed to run. Why do the "Party Structures" allow total douchebags to join their party and run? I could be wrong, but I don't think there is any requirement for this or any other sound governing principle to be applied like on a party basis, require tax returns to be filed. As the Party Structures obviously exercise ZERO control........they must be in place for some other function? What could that function be??????? SATAN? I mean: Money???? Hard to tell which is more evil.......I can ignore Satan....good thing I've never been tempted by money? My virtue is intact.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:03 pm

Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:44 pm
All of Trumps opponents during the nominating process made statements against Trump but Lindsey is on tape criticizing Trump within the past 1-2 weeks and then when asked for details he flip flops to Support Trump...
I think you didn't get to read that article that starts with
How did Donald Trump, a self-serving promoter who lost billions of dollars for his investors, convince the world that he is a financial genius? It wasn’t just by fabricating tales of his success. It was also by bullying and silencing people who could have stopped those deceits...
and goes on to describe his tactics of suing and blackmailing, getting people fired and so on.

How did he get to turn Lindsey? Is he just lost and lonely after the death of McCain? Issit the splendid visits and golfing at Trump's playgrounds? Perceived power? Money? Or something even more sinister?

(Like the Federalist Society... :heh:)
Last edited by scrmbldggs on Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:03 pm

TV just told me Trump has already raised 100 Million for his campaign. His advisor says it will be the bigger, better, and badder. What is bad........other than more of the same??

Jennifer Granholm on State of the Union at 35 min. Fun to see Tapper try to recharacterize the statements/evidence and "as always" what a tool Rick Santorum is. One of the most corrupt/twisted douches in the bag.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:05 pm

Does any of what I didn't read affect Lindsey? I don't think Trump has threatened to sue or fire any Republican Senators: just support opponents in their primaries?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:25 pm

:| I don't know. That's why I'm asking. ETA: Did Lindsey just follow the herd, or does Trump have (or create) anything on him?

As to Reptilians - he doesn't really control them. They are using him...

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Re: Trump will twit!

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:31 pm

...and now Dumpy shows how afraid he is of his benefactor with outrage about a NYT article on how the US fights back against Russian cyber warfare... calls them traitors.

Edit: added link

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:40 pm

And, of course, there's this:
Two administration officials said they believed Mr. Trump had not been briefed in any detail about the steps to place “implants” — software code that can be used for surveillance or attack — inside the Russian grid.

Pentagon and intelligence officials described broad hesitation to go into detail with Mr. Trump about operations against Russia for concern over his reaction — and the possibility that he might countermand it or discuss it with foreign officials, as he did in 2017 when he mentioned a sensitive operation in Syria to the Russian foreign minister.

Don't know if I should laugh - or cry. For obvious reasons. But I also somehow wish they wouldn't report sensitive stuff like in that article. Why would they be told such details about all that? It serves some good purpose? Shot across some bow?

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:46 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:25 pm
:| I don't know. That's why I'm asking. ETA: Did Lindsey just follow the herd, or does Trump have (or create) anything on him?

You were clear the first time, sheesh. You raise a good question which didn't occur to me. And it could be extended beyond Lindsey Graham. It is possible that, knowing how he has worked and without specific threats, Republicans fear he will dig up something unload which he can use to unload on them as he's unloaded on others.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: prostrate spurge

Post by Gord » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:34 pm

Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:09 pm
Interesting. I knew a few of those details at the time, but I was always under the impression that it was Trump's supporters (the folks who kept giving him financial backing) who were making most of the threats.

Also, I just wanted to quote this line from the article:
...Roffman won a $750,0000 arbitration decision....
That's a lot of money. Or maybe not. I can't tell! It's a seven-digit number with only one comma in it! :lol:
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:16 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
"Control" is definitional. Certainly he has them immediately disavowing what has been the Republican Platform for the past 30 years. What would you call that? Yes, the pukes get what they want........along with a whole bunch of what I assume they don't want. Looks like its time to get out the analysis of Pros and Cons rather than all one thing................

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:25 pm

Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:16 pm
scrmbldggs wrote:
"Control" is definitional. Certainly he has them immediately disavowing what has been the Republican Platform Front for the past 30 years. What would you call that? Yes, the pukes get what they want........along with a whole bunch of what I assume they don't want. Looks like its time to get out the analysis of Pros and Cons rather than all one thing................
ftfy :mrgreen:

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Re: Trump will spin!

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:27 pm

As always, Don't look at what they say (said), look at what they do (did).

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:15 pm

they’re using him the way a mouse uses a snake

MikeN
Regular Poster

Post by MikeN » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:20 pm

bobbo, open wapo in private window.

>How did he get to turn Lindsey?

Lindsey is playing the game, kissing up to Trump in hopes of getting him to sign off on his precious amnesty.
A group of House Republicans is complaining that Graham is all talk and not doing the work Grassley did before him.

Balmoral95
Persistent Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:37 pm

MikeN wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:20 pm

Lindsey is playing the game, kissing up to Trump in hopes of getting him to sign off on his precious amnesty.
A group of House Republicans is complaining that Graham is all talk and not doing the work Grassley did before him.
Wapo also available 6 months free, thence $3.99/month thru Amazon Prime...

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:52 pm

MikeN wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:20 pm

if that is so, graham is dumber than even i thought ... it's Trump's party now, not Lindsey's

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:17 pm

FWIW (and I don't think it's worth a lot):

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-ne ... -10-points:
Trump trails the Democrat in each of the possible 2020 head-to-head matchups tested and never gets above 41 percent support. At the same time, none of the challengers hits 50 percent.

Biden tops Trump by 10 points (49-39 percent) and Sanders is up by nine (49-40) -- both of these leads are outside the poll’s margin of error. Warren has a two-point edge over Trump (43-41), and Harris (42-41) and Buttigieg (41-40) are up by one (within the margin of error).
the great manager suffers another {!#%@}-up of the sort a junior-trainee would be embarrassed to have on his or her watch: Trump campaign cutting ties with three members of polling team after grim numbers leaked: "The secret of my success is that we have gone to exceptional lengths to hire the best people in the world.” (the canned pollsters were, by the way, responsible for a poll which Trump said didn't exist)

and Trump floats a third term?

b/w Jerry Falwell Jr.'s: “Trump should have 2 yrs added to his 1st term as pay back for time stolen by this corrupt failed coup.”

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:25 pm

Thanks for the wapo info helpful guys who are not Stat Mech. I'll try both suggestions......thinking I already tried and did not see anything beyond the pay wall. Demands for money often make me blank out like that................. :P

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:28 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:25 pm
Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:16 pm
scrmbldggs wrote:
"Control" is definitional. Certainly he has them immediately disavowing what has been the Republican Platform Front for the past 30 years. What would you call that? Yes, the pukes get what they want........along with a whole bunch of what I assume they don't want. Looks like its time to get out the analysis of Pros and Cons rather than all one thing................
ftfy :mrgreen:
Ummmmm.........I think you got me. :shock: Heh, heh.....no values/position at all, it just comes down to getting and keeping and getting and keeping more power and money. :!: Rats: I missed the obvious. I hate it when THAT happens...........................................................................thanks. :oops:

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life
Custom Title: Lost in Translation

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:31 pm

Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:17 pm

b/w Jerry Falwell Jr.'s: “Trump should have 2 yrs added to his 1st term as pay back for time stolen by this corrupt failed coup.”
Yep, the orange one’s been floating that for awhile.
Question for Groening by a reporter:
“Mr. Groening, what do you say to those who still deny the Holocaust?”

Groening:
“Nothing. They are hopelessly lost.”

Harvard Crimson (on why it refused to run an add by Bradley Smith):
“(It is) vicious propaganda based on utter BS that has been discredited time and time again.”

OutOfBreath
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: Persistent ponderer

Post by OutOfBreath » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:11 pm

Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:17 pm
FWIW (and I don't think it's worth a lot):

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-ne ... -10-points:
Trump trails the Democrat in each of the possible 2020 head-to-head matchups tested and never gets above 41 percent support. At the same time, none of the challengers hits 50 percent.

Biden tops Trump by 10 points (49-39 percent) and Sanders is up by nine (49-40) -- both of these leads are outside the poll’s margin of error. Warren has a two-point edge over Trump (43-41), and Harris (42-41) and Buttigieg (41-40) are up by one (within the margin of error).
the great manager suffers another {!#%@}-up of the sort a junior-trainee would be embarrassed to have on his or her watch: Trump campaign cutting ties with three members of polling team after grim numbers leaked: "The secret of my success is that we have gone to exceptional lengths to hire the best people in the world.” (the canned pollsters were, by the way, responsible for a poll which Trump said didn't exist)

By that token, shouldnt obama get 6 years back as well?

Peace
Dan
What is perceived as real becomes real in its consequences.

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:14 pm

Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:15 pm
they’re using him the way a mouse uses a snake
(my linky)
Last edited by scrmbldggs on Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.