Balmoral95
Persistent Poster

Re: Trump will win!

Post by Balmoral95 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:24 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:16 am
Balmoral95 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:14 am
You're far more hopeful about his prospects than me...
LOL probably not, I expect him to be what he's been . . . but I've been surprised many times in life . . . he is an empty shirt onto whom the sectarian centrists have glommed . . . and I am not very hopeful that someone else will emerge, either!
Lol, fair enough....

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:25 am

Lard, save me from your followers.

Balmoral95
Persistent Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:52 am

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:13 am

Wasn't it MikeN who said/asked something about state charges?

Here's something (un)related about states and charges: Trump Can Face Litigation in State Courts as President, Appellate Panel Majority Rules

Seems additional charges have also been filed/fines imposed against the recently court-dissolved foundation...

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:55 am

Breivik inspired right-wing nationalists promoting theory of white genocide/the great replacement: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... h-shooting

A portion of one of the attacks was live-streamed on Facebook. The manifesto that made it to social media says, according to reports I've read that Breivik "blessed" the action, cites Dylann Roof as an inspiration, and praises Felix Kjellberg (Swedish Youtube star who call himself PewDiePie). WaPo:
The manifesto, littered with conspiracy theories about white birthrates and “white genocide,” is the latest sign that a lethal vision of white nationalism has spread internationally. Its title, “The Great Replacement,” echoes the rallying cry of, among others, the torch-bearing protesters who marched in Charlottesville in 2017.
Also, "The 74-page dossier by Brenton Tarrant, which has been described by Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison as a "work of hate", praised Trump as 'a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose'."
Last edited by Statistical Mechanic on Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
. . . all right we are two nations . . .

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:09 pm

perception: Few Americans see savings from Trump's tax reform: Reuters/Ipsos poll: "Only one in five U.S. taxpayers expect to pay less income tax this year as a result of the tax reform law passed in 2017 by Republicans who promised big savings for everyday Americans, according to a Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll released on Friday."

21% expect to pay less tax this year; 29% expect to pay more, 27% say their tax bill is unchanged, and 29% don't know.

Political party differences: 33% of Republicans expect to pay less, but only 8% of Democrats. Demographics and the goals of the tax law may account for some of the skew, with Reuters noting that "The $10,000 cap imposed on the deduction of state and local taxes, which was previously unlimited, has been seen having the greatest effect on taxpayers in high-tax states, including New York, New Jersey, Illinois and California, which are all largely Democratic."

(until we did our taxes, I would have been in the "unsure" category)

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:01 pm

Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:55 am
Breivik inspired right-wing nationalists promoting theory of white genocide/the great replacement: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... h-shooting

A portion of one of the attacks was live-streamed on Facebook. The manifesto that made it to social media says, according to reports I've read that Breivik "blessed" the action, cites Dylann Roof as an inspiration, and praises Felix Kjellberg (Swedish Youtube star who call himself PewDiePie). WaPo:
The manifesto, littered with conspiracy theories about white birthrates and “white genocide,” is the latest sign that a lethal vision of white nationalism has spread internationally. Its title, “The Great Replacement,” echoes the rallying cry of, among others, the torch-bearing protesters who marched in Charlottesville in 2017.
Also, "The 74-page dossier by Brenton Tarrant, which has been described by Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison as a "work of hate", praised Trump as 'a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose'."
I want to vomit:
https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/03/15/politi ... cnn.com%2F
A sober appraisal would put Himmler himself in the racially average band, or to some extent even below it: his face was round rather than oval, his nose more broad than slim, his normal bearing more ‘sagging’ than erect...
Longerich: Himmler

Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?
:lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31585&p=713843#p713843

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:07 pm

He might be confused because "Christchurch"...

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:12 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:07 pm
He might be confused because "Christchurch"...
He does say “mosques.” But they didn’t get thoughts and prayers. After all, they are Muslims.
A sober appraisal would put Himmler himself in the racially average band, or to some extent even below it: his face was round rather than oval, his nose more broad than slim, his normal bearing more ‘sagging’ than erect...

Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:22 pm

Hucklechuck sent those. But forgot to mention the where and who...

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:36 pm

I have trouble taking this seriously.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:58 pm

An interesting read on tactics used by Trump to get out of personal debt in 1990:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-and- ... 1451868915

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:57 pm

Balmoral95 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:24 am
Balmoral95 wrote:
LOL probably not, I expect him to be what he's been . . . but I've been surprised many times in life . . . he is an empty shirt onto whom the sectarian centrists have glommed . . . and I am not very hopeful that someone else will emerge, either!
Lol, fair enough....
And . . . The Grauniad on O'Rourke's first campaign appearance in Iowa:
The first questioner wanted to know what O’Rourke thought about the Israeli prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, “saying that Israel is only for Jewish people”, which “sounded like apartheid”. And what was O’Rourke’s stand on the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (Aipac) – the powerful pro-Israel lobby group criticised by congresswoman Ilhan Omar which sparked accusations of antisemitism against her?

These are not the questions a Democratic candidate for president hopes for.

O’Rourke avoided talking about Aipac altogether, and sidestepped the politically deadly quagmire of what it means for Israel to be a Jewish state. Instead he fell back on the time-tested strategy of lamenting that he had “serious concerns about leadership on both sides” in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. He pronounced himself in favour of the two-state solution, which seems to live on only as a solution for American politicians looking for a way out of difficult questions about Middle East peace. But at least it was an answer that wasn’t going to get him into trouble with Aipac.

O’Rourke was similarly noncommittal when asked about whether the US should pay reparations to the descendants of slaves. He reflected that the root of the word reparations is repair, and that “to repair this country we first have to confront truth”. He spoke of “systemic racism” in the US and said he “wants to bring a reckoning to this country that has been hundreds of years in the making”.

But the questioner never found out if O’Rourke thinks reparations should be paid.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:06 pm

It's both the crime and the coverup.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:09 pm

Very appropriate:

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:12 pm

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:29 pm

Just the best civilization, I’m tellin’ ya...

He sounds like a crappy Bond villain.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:39 pm

back to the Mueller report, someone is getting scared . . . Individual-1 posted this today on Twitter: ". . . there should be no Mueller Report . . ."

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Re: Trump will sit!

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:40 pm

Too late, the investigation(s) will go on...

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:43 pm

Christchurch random reaction #1:
Charles Traynor wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:53 am

Quote and photo from assailant removed by Pyrrho

I don't normally condone mass shootings because they highlight just how successful the Jewish scheme to erode the fabric of Western civilization has been thus far. However on this occasion I will make an exception because I am laughing so much.

Brenton Tarrant did really well and I was impressed by his shooting. In particular when he took out the woman standing outside the mosque in front of his car. Yes, Brenton was using a rifle and the range was under a 100 meters, but the adrenaline would have been pumping by this stage and he was firing standing unsupported. Good skills on taking the time to make sure all those lying on the ground were actually dead by pumping a few more rounds into them. Brenton did allow one sneaky bastard to get dangerously close to him near an internal doorway but his quick reactions saved the day and the Paki went down in a hail of bullets.

< photos snipped >
< link edited out SM >

This is where free speech crosses over to incitement. Scott Smith is as responsible for the murderous sentiments posted by Traynor as Traynor is. IMO his board should be shut down.
Last edited by Statistical Mechanic on Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:46 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:40 pm
I took his tweet as underscoring his guidance to Barr relative to the report.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:47 pm

Random reaction to Christchurch #2, Louie Gohmert (R-TX):
There are courts, dispute resolutions, and legislatures to resolve controversies – there is no place for cold blooded murders.
Gohmert seems to think that the Muslims of NZ should have been gotten rid of via courts and laws. A vile man.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:49 pm

Random reaction to Christchurch #3, Walid Phares, FOX News foreign affairs analyst:
It is very understandable what he is trying to do on a political level, obviously it’s horrific and it should be condemned completely on the action level.
The murderer went too far, I see. But he had the right idea.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Re: Trump won't win!

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:50 pm

Strange a certain interview and this tragedy apparently occurred on the same day. (No, I'm not conspiralooning, I'm just...dunno, stunned.)

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:53 pm

Josh Marshall on Christchurch:
. . . But I want to take some time to describe how deeply tied this killer’s worldview, politics and aims are rooted in the rightist anti-immigrant politics which are now mainstreamed in the United States. . . . This shooter is someone who is immersed in the great arc of anti-immigrant, racist hyper-nationalist discourse and paramilitary violence ranging from the rightist parties of Europe. . . . The language of ‘replacement’ is the centerpiece – the idea that white Christians with low birthrates are being replaced by non-white immigrants with higher birthrates. This is literally the language of Steve King. . . . Other far-right Republican officeholders do the same.

If you look at the Pittsburgh synagogue massacre shooter, he was of course attacking Jews. But his actual theory (not his alone of course but the one he embraced) was that Jews were a non-Christian force organizing the importation of non-white immigrants into the United States. . . .

I could cite numerous other examples of the pervasiveness of the idea. What is more significant is how the general ‘replacementist’ ideology without the explicit anti-Semitism and with the racism slightly more muted is the common language of the far right across Europe and North America and is core to Trump political movement here in the United States.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:55 pm

My reaction to Charles, I wanted to save it for posterity:

Jeffk1970:

Re: The Christchurch mosque shooting
Edit Delete post Report this post Quote
Post Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:52 am

You are a disgusting bastard, Charles. I don’t give a damn if I get a ban for saying that. You are nothing more than loathsome scum for celebrating the deaths of innocents.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:57 pm

Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:46 pm
scrmbldggs wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:40 pm
I took his tweet as underscoring his guidance to Barr relative to the report.
...for years working on getting elected in all the right places in large numbers... (as Charlie Sykes once mentioned in an interview)

> "We must be intrinsically leveraged into the political, militaristic, judicial, educational and economic institutions, and within 25 years." (viewtopic.php?f=39&t=27067&sid=77896f34 ... 00#p702343)

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:01 pm

Random reaction to Christchurch #4, Fraser Anning, right-wing Australian senator:
The real cause of bloodshed on New Zealand streets today is the immigration program which allowed Muslim fanatics to migrate to New Zealand in the first place.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:02 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:55 pm
My reaction to Charles, I wanted to save it for posterity:

Jeffk1970:

Re: The Christchurch mosque shooting
Edit Delete post Report this post Quote
Post Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:52 am

You are a disgusting bastard, Charles. I don’t give a damn if I get a ban for saying that. You are nothing more than loathsome scum for celebrating the deaths of innocents.
remember that, contrary to his post today, he celebrated the shooting of Gabby Giffords including the death of a nine-year-old girl in that violence

why I snipped the photos from his post - Omar Suleima:
Please don't circulate the video of the terrorist gunning down our brothers and sisters. That's what he wanted.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:31 pm

Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:43 pm

This is where free speech crosses over to incitement. Scott Smith is as responsible for the murderous sentiments posted by Traynor as Traynor is. IMO his board should be shut down.
Not "as" responsible for what Traynor did, but I agree should be made criminally responsible for what he is doing which is as you say incitement to riot/murder. I don't know how those laws work.......as in.....does someone else actually have to credit you with their own motivation? Perhaps I'm thinking too much like an American, in terms of crime and punishment rather than as Smith making a call for help, and the boys in white suits really should go collect him up and give him a few years of education and re-socialization?
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:23 pm

To my mind, there is a question in all this about what goes on at other HD forums and with those in and around HD in general. We treat the people there as shitposters and clowns. And yet, contrary to some recent commentary here, with the turn toward larger movements of nationalism, white identity, and various forms of neo-Nazism . . . ? I mean, to the extent that some have adopted "white genocide" and "the great replacement," even at the expense of HD, it is not really cause for satisfaction or hope . . .

So I Read the Manifesto

Mosque Shooter Promoted Fears Of ‘White Genocide’ In Rambling Manifesto

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:25 pm

Klobuchar's bizarre explanation of her hostile office environment: it means she's ready for Putin . . . “When you’re out there on the world stage and dealing with people like Vladimir Putin, yeah, you want someone who’s tough.”

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:33 pm

Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:23 pm
To my mind, there is a question in all this about what goes on at other HD forums and with those in and around HD in general. We treat the people there as shitposters and clowns. And yet, contrary to some recent commentary here, with the turn toward larger movements of nationalism, white identity, and various forms of neo-Nazism . . . ? I mean, to the extent that some have adopted "white genocide" and "the great replacement," even at the expense of HD, it is not really cause for satisfaction or hope . . .

So I Read the Manifesto

We're not all that far from "Eden". Here's Eve...

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:39 pm

I think I recognized some of those folks . . .

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:41 pm

:lol:

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:44 pm

Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:23 pm

So I Read the Manifesto

I don’t think it’s a cause for hope. It actually is scarier than HD. That sort of “Great Replacement” BS has a wider audience than HD, look at what you posted about the New Green Deal being genocide or what I posted about Pence and his infanticide statement.

I think for some it is a component (if they think about it at all) but it isn’t a primary focus of their belief systems. Hell, Eric Hunt abandoned it because it became pointless to him. He still kept the white supremacy, same thing with Weber.

This is probably a good topic for discussion in another thread.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:53 pm

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:58 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:44 pm
I don’t think it’s a cause for hope. It actually is scarier than HD. That sort of “Great Replacement” BS has a wider audience than HD, look at what you posted about the New Green Deal being genocide or what I posted about Pence and his infanticide statement.
Agree. Would only point also to the obvious overlap with HD.

Also, in terms of online activity, as Josh M makes clear, one of the strategies of the nationalist right is to blur the line between shitposting and threatening.
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:44 pm
I think for some it is a component (if they think about it at all) but it isn’t a primary focus of their belief systems. Hell, Eric Hunt abandoned it because it became pointless to him. He still kept the white supremacy, same thing with Weber.
Hunt uses very similar concepts to those discussed in Josh M's piece: "In many ways I feel the 'denial' issue held me back from tackling other issues essential to the survival of Western Civilization. Especially Nationalism, race realism, and opposing the very real Jewish-led white genocide campaign."

When I went to Rodoh this morning, I knew what I would find there and who would have posted it.
Last edited by Statistical Mechanic on Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeff_36
Has More Than 5K Posts
Location: At the hundredth meridian, where the great plains begin

Post by Jeff_36 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:59 pm

Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:57 pm
Balmoral95 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:24 am
Balmoral95 wrote:
Lol, fair enough....
And . . . The Grauniad on O'Rourke's first campaign appearance in Iowa:
The first questioner wanted to know what O’Rourke thought about the Israeli prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, “saying that Israel is only for Jewish people”, which “sounded like apartheid”. And what was O’Rourke’s stand on the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (Aipac) – the powerful pro-Israel lobby group criticised by congresswoman Ilhan Omar which sparked accusations of antisemitism against her?

These are not the questions a Democratic candidate for president hopes for.

O’Rourke avoided talking about Aipac altogether, and sidestepped the politically deadly quagmire of what it means for Israel to be a Jewish state. Instead he fell back on the time-tested strategy of lamenting that he had “serious concerns about leadership on both sides” in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. He pronounced himself in favour of the two-state solution, which seems to live on only as a solution for American politicians looking for a way out of difficult questions about Middle East peace. But at least it was an answer that wasn’t going to get him into trouble with Aipac.

O’Rourke was similarly noncommittal when asked about whether the US should pay reparations to the descendants of slaves. He reflected that the root of the word reparations is repair, and that “to repair this country we first have to confront truth”. He spoke of “systemic racism” in the US and said he “wants to bring a reckoning to this country that has been hundreds of years in the making”.

But the questioner never found out if O’Rourke thinks reparations should be paid.
If he keeps giving answers like this he'll be going nowhere fast.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:01 pm

Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:53 pm
Well, what does one expect when 'a first' happens instead of same old, same old... :roll: