Mass graves/remains at Bunker sites in Auschwitz

Discussions
Reaktori

Mass graves/remains at Bunker sites in Auschwitz

Post by Reaktori » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:30 pm

From my understanding of Auschwitz-Birkenau, before the crematoria were built the main killing sites were the 2 "Bunkers" at the outskirts of Birkenau. While the victims there were initially simply buried, the large amount of corpses created severe issues as the graves were apparently too shallow (I remember Höss wrote something along these lines) and thus the corpses were dug up and cremated in burning pits in a similar way to what was done at the AR camps.

What im curious about is whether there are attestations to large amounts cremation remains at the Bunker sites in Auschwitz, similarly to the AR camps, though obviously not nearly on the same scale, either soon after its liberation or from investigations done after that.

Denying-History
Veteran Poster

Re: Mass graves/remains at Bunker sites in Auschwitz

Post by Denying-History » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:51 pm

Bunkers 1 & 2 functioned between mid-1942 to the spring of 1943. Bunker 1 was likely demolished in 1943 and bunker 2 returned to service between May-Autumn 1944.

All together some 50,000-107,000 corpses were buried in the mass graves and were later cremated by pyre / cremation pit. And no tests for human remains in the pits (as far as I’m aware) has been done in this area.
« The Terror here is a horrifying fact. There is a fear that reaches down and haunts all sections of the community. No household, however humble, apparently but what lives in constant fear of nocturnal raid by the secret police. . .This particular purge is undoubtedly political. . . It is deliberately projected by the party leaders, who themselves regretted the necessity for it. »
Joseph E. Davies

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:16 pm

I ran across this from Interpreting the Scrolls of Auschwitz. Not Bunker I and II but behind Krema II and III:
After a few days, Zaorski and some fellow volunteers found time to visit the Birkenau site three miles away. He caught sight of heaps of ashes behind the ruins of Crematoria II and III, with groups of people rooting though them.
That’s it.

We have the ash ponds and there are pictures of those.
A sober appraisal would put Himmler himself in the racially average band, or to some extent even below it: his face was round rather than oval, his nose more broad than slim, his normal bearing more ‘sagging’ than erect...
Longerich: Himmler

Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?
:lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31585&p=713843#p713843

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:45 pm

Also, AFAIK we don't know where the Hydrokop borings were made.
. . . all right we are two nations . . .

Reaktori

Post by Reaktori » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:52 pm

I know that the Bunker-sites had several large pits dug near them during the "Hungarian Action" as can be seen in this HC article http://holocaustcontroversies.blogspot. ... te-in.html

I wonder if it would be feasible to extrapolate the positions of the pits and investigate their areas for remains. Correct me if im wrong, but I don't think the Bunker-sites have received quite as much scrutiny as the crematoria have, especially considering that they were the first sites used in the mass extermination of Jews in Birkenau.

Reaktori

Post by Reaktori » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:56 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:45 pm
I remember this being cited somewhere in the forum, but yes, the problem you mention applies.

Balmoral95
Persistent Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:24 pm

Reaktori wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:56 pm
Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:45 pm
I remember this being cited somewhere in the forum, but yes, the problem you mention applies.
See note 39:

https://books.google.de/books?id=mub823 ... &q&f=false

Denying-History
Veteran Poster

Post by Denying-History » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:59 am

Reaktori wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:52 pm
I know that the Bunker-sites had several large pits dug near them during the "Hungarian Action" as can be seen in this HC article http://holocaustcontroversies.blogspot. ... te-in.html

I wonder if it would be feasible to extrapolate the positions of the pits and investigate their areas for remains. Correct me if im wrong, but I don't think the Bunker-sites have received quite as much scrutiny as the crematoria have, especially considering that they were the first sites used in the mass extermination of Jews in Birkenau.
They have their own dedicated book:
https://www.holocausthandbooks.com/index.php?page_id=11

But the problem arises for Mattogno that the firm Schlesische Industriebau Lenz & Co seems to be under the impression they were installing “doors” at a “Gaskammer”. (Bartosik et al, “The beginnings of the extermination of Jews in KL Auschwitz” p.64-66)

Sergey has a good piece dealing with Mattogno here:

http://holocaustcontroversies.blogspot. ... r.html?m=1

As for the location of the burning pits, I know of no serious study on that.
« The Terror here is a horrifying fact. There is a fear that reaches down and haunts all sections of the community. No household, however humble, apparently but what lives in constant fear of nocturnal raid by the secret police. . .This particular purge is undoubtedly political. . . It is deliberately projected by the party leaders, who themselves regretted the necessity for it. »
Joseph E. Davies

Reaktori

Post by Reaktori » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:08 pm

Denying-History wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:59 am

But the problem arises for Mattogno that the firm Schlesische Industriebau Lenz & Co seems to be under the impression they were installing “doors” at a “Gaskammer”. (Bartosik et al, “The beginnings of the extermination of Jews in KL Auschwitz” p.64-66)
I actually didn't know there were documents pertaining to the conversion of the Bunkers into gas chambers.

Balmoral95
Persistent Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:09 am

Reaktori wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:08 pm
Denying-History wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:59 am

I actually didn't know there were documents pertaining to the conversion of the Bunkers into gas chambers.
See at:

https://phdn.org/archives/holocaust-his ... 0012.shtml