Post by mirror93 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:31 pm

landrew wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:01 pm
Dimebag wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:59 am
gorgeous wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:40 pm
how gullible ...you think you exist...
Not really, Descartes got one thing right, cogito ergo sum.
Not according to Elon Musk, who has discussed the possibility that we may nothing more than a computer simulation.
Elon Musk is some sort of authority now? If he discusses the possibility that we may be nothing more than sims with the illusion of free-will being played by red aliens of the blue planet of some unknown dimension , would you believe him too?
Last edited by mirror93 on Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:paladin:

mirror93
Regular Poster

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Post by mirror93 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:32 pm

gorgeous wrote:
Who is doing the thinking must exist. So, you just refuted yourself

landrew
Has No Life

Post by landrew » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:34 am

mirror93 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:31 pm
landrew wrote:
Dimebag wrote:
gorgeous wrote:
Not according to Elon Musk, who has discussed the possibility that we may nothing more than a computer simulation.
Elon Musk is some sort of authority now? If he discusses the possibility that we may be nothing more than sims with the illusion of free-will being played by red aliens of the blue planet of some unknown dimension , would you believe him too?
Sure, why not, he made his billions on his own, so he gets a bit of a podium.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

OutOfBreath
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: Persistent ponderer

Post by OutOfBreath » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:14 am

landrew wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:34 am
Sure, why not, he made his billions on his own, so he gets a bit of a podium.
I think we can safely assume that making loads of money gives you no particular authority when it comes to philosophy...

Peace
Dan
What is perceived as real becomes real in its consequences.

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert

Dimebag
Regular Poster

Post by Dimebag » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:18 am

landrew wrote:
Dimebag wrote:
gorgeous wrote:
We actually don’t know if consciousness can be simulated. It is a possibility, but only due to our lack of knowledge. We don’t know how to simulate consciousness, and if one were to simulate consciousness, do we know if it would be an instantiation of consciousness, or just a simulation. We sometimes confuse the map for the territory, a model is a model, which will be by definition, a simplification of the real thing, and therefore, lacking in some way.

mack_10
Poster

Post by mack_10 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:58 pm

"Not really, Descartes got one thing right, cogito ergo sum."

"I think therefore I am" was Descartes conclusion, he started with;
"A seeker of truth must, as far as is possible, doubt everything"

It is a possibility that we may be nothing more than a computer simulation, but there is nothing in the way of proof.
Occam's razor would suggest we should not go looking for more complex explanations without some form of proof.
And Elon Musk has been a little unstable lately

landrew
Has No Life

Post by landrew » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:07 pm

mack_10 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:58 pm
"Not really, Descartes got one thing right, cogito ergo sum."

"I think therefore I am" was Descartes conclusion, he started with;
"A seeker of truth must, as far as is possible, doubt everything"

It is a possibility that we may be nothing more than a computer simulation, but there is nothing in the way of proof.
Occam's razor would suggest we should not go looking for more complex explanations without some form of proof.
And Elon Musk has been a little unstable lately
He discussed the possibility, but I don't see where he said he thought it was the reality. Of course, the Twitterverse has him saying that.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Cadmusteeth
Frequent Poster

Post by Cadmusteeth » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:39 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:48 am
I always wondered how Astroboy's hair always had two points, no matter which angle you looked at it. Now I understand he was a fourth dimensional construct being manifest in meatspace.

All hail Astroboy! Our Lord and Visitor from another dimension!
Spoiler:
(Let's not mention that he's dumb as {!#%@} in front of him. He might get offended, and you wouldn't like him when he's angry.)
One point is in front of the other and on ether side of his head. If you look up a figuring of him you'll see what I mean.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Post by Major Malfunction » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:55 pm

Cadmusteeth wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:39 pm
Major Malfunction wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:48 am
I always wondered how Astroboy's hair always had two points, no matter which angle you looked at it. Now I understand he was a fourth dimensional construct being manifest in meatspace.

All hail Astroboy! Our Lord and Visitor from another dimension!
Spoiler:
(Let's not mention that he's dumb as {!#%@} in front of him. He might get offended, and you wouldn't like him when he's angry.)
One point is in front of the other and on ether side of his head. If you look up a figuring of him you'll see what I mean.
No, that's just a crude approximation. An attempt by our 3D brains to represent his 4D manifestation. If you watch the original 2D documentary films, you'll see what I mean.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

Cadmusteeth
Frequent Poster

Post by Cadmusteeth » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:29 pm

Sure thing 👍

Dimebag
Regular Poster

Post by Dimebag » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:34 am

What I want to know is what this Seth bs has to do with brain mind and consciousness?

landrew
Has No Life

Post by landrew » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:06 pm

Dimebag wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:34 am
What I want to know is what this Seth bs has to do with brain mind and consciousness?
Nothing or everything, depending on your persuasion.
You may not agree, but it gives us something to discuss.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:27 pm

Seth ---
“There is great energy connected with the fetus. At no time in physical life is so much energy utilized so purposefully, so well directed.”
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:28 pm

seth is a spirit, no brain , but still fully conscious as all are after death or when out of body...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:14 am

gorgeous wrote: seth is a spirit, no brain ,
We already knew Seth had no brain. He is a fictional character invented by Jane Roberts the medium.

So why did none of "Seth, the channeled alien's" predictions ever come true Gorgeous?

Dimebag
Regular Poster

Post by Dimebag » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:11 am

gorgeous wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:28 pm
seth is a spirit, no brain , but still fully conscious as all are after death or when out of body...
If you are a spirit out of your body, do you still have memories? Can you think? Can you observe? If you can, what are you using to do this? By what causal mechanism is information about the world entering your spirit? When in our bodies, we use sense organs to make impressions on our brains through neural activity, which represents information in the world. Without any of this aparratus, how can perception occur? And if you can perceive without these organs, why does the spirit need the body at all, and vice versa?

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:22 am

same consciousness out of body...using mind......physical brain and body are for the physical world....have 'spiritual eyes'....and an astral body.....in nde's people say all knowledge is available, some is 'downloaded' into their mind, (aliens have also done that to people).....or the knowledge is 'just there ' for them to access....

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Post by Major Malfunction » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:40 pm

My mother and grandmother both agreed I must've lived another previous life, because when I was first given a spoon as an infant, I immediately knew how to use it.

Nothing to do with maybe watching people eat with spoons.

Good thing my previous life wasn't Asian, or I woulda wanted to eat with a coupla sticks!
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:46 pm

on why need a body at all...you agreed to incarnate on earth to learn and grow...earth is a school as the greys have said.....did you see my earlier post on guy who was previously a soldier?...the elders told him he gained qualities but still had more to learn....lessons are best learned on the physical dimension first....souls are desperate to have a chance to incarnate even if they die soon after ----they need the experience to progress.....
Last edited by gorgeous on Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

landrew
Has No Life

Post by landrew » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:47 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:40 pm
My mother and grandmother both agreed I must've lived another previous life, because when I was first given a spoon as an infant, I immediately knew how to use it.

Nothing to do with maybe watching people eat with spoons.

Good thing my previous life wasn't Asian, or I woulda wanted to eat with a coupla sticks!
I took to chopsticks the same way, so there's yer proof that I was Asian in a past life.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Post by Major Malfunction » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:50 pm

I reckon the whole experience of Life is all about learning. And my greatest regret is I'll never learn everything.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Post by Major Malfunction » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:57 pm

landrew wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:47 pm
Major Malfunction wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:40 pm
I took to chopsticks the same way, so there's yer proof that I was Asian in a past life.
Good thing you weren't a Neanderthal and ate your meat with a sharp rock.

Baby banging a sharp rock on the table is gonna cause some damage. I mean, the ochre chalk is bad enough.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:00 pm

all learn every day...about health, relationships, compassion, strength, courage, about the world and nature, animals, about manifesting money, objects, events.....

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Post by Major Malfunction » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:04 pm

We all try. But some of us try harder, and are just naturally more inclined. So sit back, and enjoy the ride.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:47 am

gorgeous wrote:.....on why need a body at all..
"Seth the channeled spirit" claimed he needed Jane Robert's physical body to channel his spirit.

Next time read your own religious texts before posting your BS crap on our science forum.

:lol: :lol:

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Post by Major Malfunction » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:12 am

This fillum made a bazillion on the first weekend. Fresh.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:24 pm

wiki-----The Yale University Library Manuscripts and Archives maintains a collection entitled Jane Roberts Papers (MS 1090), which documents the career and personal life of Jane Roberts, including journals, poetry, correspondence, audio and video recordings, and other materials donated after her death by Roberts' husband and other individuals and organizations

landrew
Has No Life

Post by landrew » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:15 pm

gorgeous wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:24 pm
wiki-----The Yale University Library Manuscripts and Archives maintains a collection entitled Jane Roberts Papers (MS 1090), which documents the career and personal life of Jane Roberts, including journals, poetry, correspondence, audio and video recordings, and other materials donated after her death by Roberts' husband and other individuals and organizations
Kudos to Yale for maintaining the works of authors of alternate ideas to which many would disagree. Preserving academic freedom is a cornerstone of our society. We might never have known that Issac Newton had a mystical side, or that Marie and Pierre Curie were also spiritualists and paranormal investigators, had book-burners had their way.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:25 am

gorgeous wrote: wiki-----The Yale University Library Manuscripts and Archives maintains a collection entitled Jane Roberts Papers (MS 1090), which documents the career and personal life of Jane Roberts, including journals, poetry, correspondence, audio and video recordings, and other materials donated after her death by Roberts' husband and other individuals and organizations
That's right. Jane Roberts was a paper-back science fiction writer, in the 1950's at the same time as Ron L Hubbard. They both contributed science fiction to Astounding Stories . They both started cults to make money. Ron L Hubbard started Scientology and Jane Roberts stated the Seth Cult.

However here is the Yale Library page on Roberts. It is not flattering. It is about her activities as a channeler of a fictitious spirit called Seth. :lol:
https://archives.yale.edu/repositories/ ... urces/4482

Again I ask you Gorgeous. You can read all the files now. Why didn't one of the future predictions Jane Roberts made via Seth the spirit, ever come true? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Post by Major Malfunction » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:50 am

Ah, the Golden Age of sci-fi!

Has modern psychiatric medicine ruined it all for everyone?

I don't think so. They were {!#%@} writers. You could tell. There's a certain "woodenness" in their scribblings.

mirror93
Regular Poster

Post by mirror93 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:08 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:25 am
gorgeous wrote: wiki-----The Yale University Library Manuscripts and Archives maintains a collection entitled Jane Roberts Papers (MS 1090), which documents the career and personal life of Jane Roberts, including journals, poetry, correspondence, audio and video recordings, and other materials donated after her death by Roberts' husband and other individuals and organizations
That's right. Jane Roberts was a paper-back science fiction writer, in the 1950's at the same time as Ron L Hubbard. They both contributed science fiction to Astounding Stories . They both started cults to make money. Ron L Hubbard started Scientology and Jane Roberts stated the Seth Cult.

However here is the Yale Library page on Roberts. It is not flattering. It is about her activities as a channeler of a fictitious spirit called Seth. :lol:
https://archives.yale.edu/repositories/ ... urces/4482

Again I ask you Gorgeous. You can read all the files now. Why didn't one of the future predictions Jane Roberts made via Seth the spirit, ever come true? :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Monster » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:51 am

I played Kemet: Seth recently. When I come to this forum and I see gorgeous quoting her favorite extradimensional alien, I think of the game.

070BFEDB-8159-4FFA-9843-FE3E53565FBF.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

landrew
Has No Life

Post by landrew » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:34 pm

Or this:

machinegun1
Poster

Post by machinegun1 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:03 am

Lausten wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:45 am
placid wrote:.. though plainly here it is...
At least we agree that we exist. You also seem to agree that evolution happened for survival
For a lot of other reasons.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:43 pm

: seth----When you leave the physical system after reincarnations, you have learned the lesson and you are literally no longer a member of the human race, for you elect to leave it. Only the conscious self dwells within it in any case, and other portions of your identity dwell simultaneously within other training systems. -----The teachers within your system are those in their last reincarnation, and other personalities who have left the system but have been assigned to help those still within it.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:45 pm

and...........what does that mean to you G?
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:52 pm

reality is more than skeptics know

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:59 pm

Reality is more than what anyone knows. but the woo crowd has zero answers. The skeptics....get a fish now and then.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

landrew
Has No Life

Post by landrew » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:01 pm

gorgeous wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:52 pm
reality is more than skeptics know
Reality is more than any of us will ever know, but we have a few tools which work to uncover reality when we use them properly. Wishful thinking and emotions are not good tools for this, because they have no IQ. Good, sound, rational, unbiased reasoning will get us closer to reality than anything else. There's plenty of time to jump up and down and hoop and holler afterwards.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:20 pm

no...people are traveling out of body while you reason to death