Real or Fake?

Step right up for 3-card Monte...
Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:10 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote: If there is a single instance of Matthew admitting to error, misstatement, reading too fast, thinking of something else, typo etc: I've never seen it. Could anyone copy and paste if any such thing has EVER happened?
Yes Bobbo. There are examples of me stating I am incorrect. It is in the same way there are lots of examples of you forging evidence, when caught lying. Would you like to see the examples again? :lol:

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 18923
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:52 am

Could anyone copy and paste if any such thing has EVER happened?
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
landrew
True Skeptic
Posts: 10889
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by landrew » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:59 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:52 am
Could anyone copy and paste if any such thing has EVER happened?
My favorite was when he reported to Pyrrho that some evil Russian hacker had changed his rank-title to "Obnoxious Weed." It automatically becomes that when you reach 30,000 posts.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30676&p=695222&hil ... ed#p695008
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

User avatar
TJrandom
Has No Life
Posts: 11731
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Custom Title: Salt of the earth
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by TJrandom » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:28 pm

landrew wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:59 pm
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:52 am
Could anyone copy and paste if any such thing has EVER happened?
My favorite was when he reported to Pyrrho that some evil Russian hacker had changed his rank-title to "Obnoxious Weed." It automatically becomes that when you reach 30,000 posts.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30676&p=695222&hil ... ed#p695008
The better reference is just a couple of posts below that, where he admits to having been wrong...

You're kidding? I really assumed it was some sort of attack.

(Sorry for wasting your time Pyrrho) :D

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:54 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote: Could anyone copy and paste if any such thing has EVER happened?
Well that backfired on you Bobbo (see above. You even posted in that thread, you complete idiot. ).

Can I now show everyone where you directly forged evidence four times in the last two months?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
landrew
True Skeptic
Posts: 10889
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by landrew » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:22 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:54 pm
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote: Could anyone copy and paste if any such thing has EVER happened?
Well that backfired on you Bobbo (see above. You even posted in that thread, you complete idiot. ).

Can I now show everyone where you directly forged evidence four times in the last two months?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't think Bobbo is a forger, but he is given to wild exaggerations sometimes.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 18923
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:53 am

No backfire involved. I still have not seen an example of Matt admitting he was wrong. The example given so far is Matt BEING WRONG, but I see no admission BY MATT of that fact. and the supposed error is not one of Matts but rather his musing/questioning of whether or not the forum had been hacked in some manner. Quite appropriate when someone does not "know" that Obnoxious Weed is the honorarium bestowed. Who knew that?

Nope.......the quest continues. Matt: copy and paste where you have ever admitted to an error.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 18923
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:00 am

TJ: thanks for listing that example. Its is 99% there. Full 100% would be on an issue where Matt declares some statement of his to be "a fact" rather than an assumption that he questions. It rather follows the old joke of the person who claims he has never been wrong, then corrects himself by saying once he thought he was wrong but on review found out he was in fact correct.

So.......a continuing request for a more "exacting/specified" admission of error? I'm not saying it doesn't exist: just that I have never seen it IIRC.

Hah, hah...............how about a demo? Say Matt: to your best memory, have you ever admitted to being wrong beyond the example of musing provided by TJ?
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:22 am

landrew wrote:I don't think Bobbo is a forger, but he is given to wild exaggerations sometimes.
Here Bobbo fakes a Wikipedia title and gets caught.
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=29197&p=696117&hilit=Forge#p696117

Here he fakes his legal knowledge of the Supreme Court of Australia.......which doesn't exist.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=24767&p=695943&hilit=Forge#p695943

Here Bobbo quotes a book on equity law, but carefully deletes the sentence proving he was lying.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=24767&hilit=Forge& ... 80#p695249

That is just the last month. Bobbo is a worse troll than Gorgeous and simply fakes evidence.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 18923
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:12 am

Ha, ha.............HARBORS are for ships........not grudges. While I do happen to remember the first two instances, the third escapes me at the moment....but sounds like a mischaracterization rather than a forgery.

1. fake Widipedia: thats true. Done for parallel construction and to draw the attention in to the information provided. Title of the reference is substantively irrelevant and rests on the assumption it was a title rather than a header.........but to be fair..........close enough.

2. Matt playing word games as if they had substance. I provide a LINK to the Supreme Court designation which exists at the more local level. Matt refuses to admit that HE GOT IT WRONG in confusing initial trial courts in Australia which are called Supreme Courts with the Supreme Court of the USA. An easy mistake for anyone to make..........but maintaining it after being corrected: only egotists like Matt.

3. Oh Yes.......this continues the Habit of Matt to rely on old understandings that have been superceded. In law, that is called negligence. The USA like England and I guess OZ used to have two separate court systems: one in law, the other in Equity. There were cases filed in law, and cases filed in Equity. The USA combinded all courts and cases and simply calls them "legal cases." There are NO EQUITY CASES in the USA since that time. The distinction Matt wants to be negligent over is the residual fact that "legal cases" can be BASED ON EQUITY: BUT THE ARE NOT EQUITY CASES. I know: subtle. Something Matt is not very good at.....when deciding to maintain his original idea which so far: no one has provided a copy and paste of any exception.

This could be easy: Say Matt: admit you are wrong about filing Equity Cases, wrong about Supreme Courts operating 'IN" Austalia, or what the definition of forgery is?................I won't hold my breath..........because.............. you know. You are never wrong.

Say Matt: are you ever wrong? Yes................................ No?................................ Forgery????????????????????????????

bwhahahahahahahaha. When good men go wrong...................................
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 14497
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by JO 753 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:54 am

Sad but predictable.

Over their long carreerz, MIBz bekum dependent on their denueralizerz, so after retirement, dont hav a clear idea uv wut they can get away with.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:56 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote: I provide a LINK to the Supreme Court designation
There is no Supreme Court of Australia, You simply lied. Show us the link.
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:This could be easy
It is easy. You lie a lot.
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote: I fought in the Yom Kippur War
The USA wasn't in the Yom Kippur war. :lol:

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 18923
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:44 am

derp
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 14497
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by JO 753 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:39 pm

Smollett indited on 16 feloney counts.

So, duz this mean we are taking lying seriously agen?

To be proportionally fair, the Justis Department will haf to partner with NASA to drop an asteroid on the Trump administration.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

User avatar
TJrandom
Has No Life
Posts: 11731
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Custom Title: Salt of the earth
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by TJrandom » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:27 pm

Just sentence him to the raise he was wanting...

User avatar
landrew
True Skeptic
Posts: 10889
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by landrew » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:40 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:22 am
landrew wrote:I don't think Bobbo is a forger, but he is given to wild exaggerations sometimes.
Here Bobbo fakes a Wikipedia title and gets caught.
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=29197&p=696117&hilit=Forge#p696117

Here he fakes his legal knowledge of the Supreme Court of Australia.......which doesn't exist.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=24767&p=695943&hilit=Forge#p695943

Here Bobbo quotes a book on equity law, but carefully deletes the sentence proving he was lying.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=24767&hilit=Forge& ... 80#p695249

That is just the last month. Bobbo is a worse troll than Gorgeous and simply fakes evidence.
Wildly inflammatory claims don't help your credibility.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 18923
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:31 pm

I just made a calm reasonable response to landrew, but have deleted it not wanting to appear out of character. Matt will continue without a skipped beat............
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
landrew
True Skeptic
Posts: 10889
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by landrew » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:07 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:31 pm
I just made a calm reasonable response to landrew, but have deleted it not wanting to appear out of character. Matt will continue without a skipped beat............
Matt is a disappointment. He seems to have fallen into a pattern of visceral personal attacks. Unfortunate that he seems have lost the self-respect to carry on a civil discussion.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 18923
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:39 pm

As you know........I filter out all the visceral name calling and hyperbole leaving me with only the "facts" being presented. With Matt: doing that and subtracting the repetition often doesn't leave anything to respond to..................making the most insightful response, a simple: derp.

Why he does it is a bit of a mystery to me. I get tired of it and I'm only exposed to some of what Matt does some of the time. He does it all the time.

.........................................unique in its derpitude.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 14497
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by JO 753 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:24 pm

TJrandom wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:27 pm
Just sentence him to the raise he was wanting...
:lol:

And elect him Prezident!
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

User avatar
Cadmusteeth
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1310
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: USA

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by Cadmusteeth » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:14 pm

I'm going to have to side with bobbo on this. https://www.findlaw.com.au/faqs/1187/wh ... d-how.aspx
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=24767&p=695943&hilit=Forge#p695965
bobbo wrote:Generally not liking things that fall into my lap I found the answer: https://www.findlaw.com.au/faqs/1187/wh ... d-how.aspx

They are supreme to other courts in their State or Territory....just like the US as in Supreme Court of California. Some differences as apparently they also take on initial filings....again weird......... More reading because I don't want to forge any documents here: trial court for "serious indictable offences, such as murder". Too many murder trials in USA to have Supreme Courts doing that.

What a nice country.

User avatar
landrew
True Skeptic
Posts: 10889
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by landrew » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:24 pm

Every court system needs to have a highest court, whatever you want to call it, "Supreme Court" or otherwise.
It just seems so simple it sounds stupid to me.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:16 am

Cadmusteeth wrote: I'm going to have to side with bobbo on this.
Not really. He's not even close.

Australia has a federal High Court called the "High Court of Australia". Australia doesn't have the "Supreme Court of Australia" and thus Bobbo's fake claimed link, to the "Supreme Court of Australia" was total BS. Each Australian state has its own Supreme Court, for example the Supreme Court of NSW. After 1973 the highest appeal court for the state Supreme Courts was the Federal High Court. Before that it was the House of Lords in the UK.

I know this backwards because I am tax lawyer and state and district courts hear tax cases and only if there is a unique matter does the High Court allow appeals from State and District courts.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:25 am

landrew wrote: Every court system needs to have a highest court, whatever you want to call it, "Supreme Court" or otherwise.It just seems so simple it sounds stupid to me.
Bobbo's fake claim is that the high courts of Australia and the USA are not bound by Stare Decisis. This is total crap from Bobbo. Any case presented to any high court is presented by grounding the case in all the many earlier precedents which the high courts do not review or change. The high courts instead make a ruling that differentiates the law in the particular matter at hand from the existing precedents and create a new ruling and thus commonlaw (case) law.

Bobbo can't grasp the concept that if all the earlier precedents are overthrown in the high court in one case then every previous case based on those precedents can now appeal. That would be millions of cases. That's not how Stare Decisis works and never has.

In general the high courts need to make new rulings when the legislation has changed and judicial interpretation is required.

.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:28 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote: As you know........I filter out all the visceral name calling and hyperbole leaving me with only the "facts" being presented.
You were caught forging facts.
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Why he does it is a bit of a mystery to me.
You posted forged facts on a skeptic forum that points out forged facts. :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:33 am

landrew" wrote: Matt is a disappointment. He seems to have fallen into a pattern of visceral personal attacks.
You claimed Russians are primitive because they eat bacon on a Skeptic forum, so I destroyed your racist claim. Bad luck. :lol:

You then claimed "the left" was confused because Hitler allowed abortions. I had to inform you that Hitler only allowed abortions on Jews, because he was preparing for the holocaust and any abortion of an Aryan was a capital offence. Again, you made up crap to support your anti left stance.

Entertainingly, it is holocaust deniers and Tom Palven who do the same as you and claim Hitler was "Leftist" by making up facts. There is an entire thread on that particular topic on the forum. The historians on our forum have already had a go at Tom Palven for using a holocaust denial video as his "evidence". I already knew that Hitler was anti-abortion from arguing against holocaust denial.

"Nazis were left-wing!" Arguments from far-right American 'intellectuals'
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=29558#p652505

I'm not disappointed in you. I think you only are restricted by your limited intellect and knowledge. :lol:
Last edited by Matthew Ellard on Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Pyrrho
Administrator
Posts: 9917
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:31 am

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by Pyrrho » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:43 am

I do not recall giving any Russians permission to eat bacon on this forum.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 18923
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:35 pm

Matt does enjoy playing hide the sausage. "Can't overthrow ...precedents." Kinda defies common sense even if you nothing about the law. Almost a kind of forgery.......as if you don't know what a dictionary is.....

bwhahahahahahaha. Pass the bacon.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
landrew
True Skeptic
Posts: 10889
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by landrew » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:31 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:35 pm
Matt does enjoy playing hide the sausage. "Can't overthrow ...precedents." Kinda defies common sense even if you nothing about the law. Almost a kind of forgery.......as if you don't know what a dictionary is.....

bwhahahahahahaha. Pass the bacon.
He's fortunate that this forum has a broad philosophy regarding free speech, otherwise he'd have been de-platformed long ago. I agree with giving venom-spitters enough rope to hang themselves, but the line is crossed when it becomes obvious that they are merely attacking targets of opportunity recreationally.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:13 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist" wrote: Matt does enjoy playing hide the sausage. "Can't overthrow ...precedents." Kinda defies common sense even if you nothing about the law. Almost a kind of forgery.......as if you don't know what a dictionary is.....
Common law (Stare Decisis) doctrine and rules are not set out in a dictionary, you complete idiot.

As for forgery,........"Captain Bobbo" ....... tell us again how you flew to Lod in Nickel Grass if you weren't at the Lajes Field staging base. Even funnier, tell us about how you slept on a mound of dirt at Lod. AFOSI would love to know how you did this. :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:14 am

landrew wrote: He's fortunate that this forum has a broad philosophy regarding free speech, otherwise he'd have been de-platformed long ago.
Err....No. Have you lodged a complaint with Pyrrho? Go for it. :lol: :lol:

User avatar
landrew
True Skeptic
Posts: 10889
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by landrew » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:18 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:14 am
landrew wrote: He's fortunate that this forum has a broad philosophy regarding free speech, otherwise he'd have been de-platformed long ago.
Err....No. Have you lodged a complaint with Pyrrho? Go for it. :lol: :lol:
I don't think anyone will. It's too much fun watching you get all the rope you need to hang yourself.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:21 am

landrew wrote: I don't think anyone will. It's too much fun watching you get all the rope you need to hang yourself.
I'm not hanging myself at all. You are the person who previously had to leave because of your pathetic "True Skeptic" posts. Did you forget? :lol: :lol:

User avatar
landrew
True Skeptic
Posts: 10889
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by landrew » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:25 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:21 am
landrew wrote: I don't think anyone will. It's too much fun watching you get all the rope you need to hang yourself.
I'm not hanging myself at all. You are the person who previously had to leave because of your pathetic "True Skeptic" posts. Did you forget? :lol: :lol:
I admit my mistakes and learn from them. Are you able to say that?
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:38 am

landrew wrote: I admit my mistakes and learn from them. Are you able to say that?
Yes In this very thread another member posted an example of me doing that after Bobbo made the same stupid claim as you just did.

You really are quite stupid. :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=88&t=29649&p=701458#p700216

User avatar
landrew
True Skeptic
Posts: 10889
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by landrew » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:45 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:38 am
landrew wrote: I admit my mistakes and learn from them. Are you able to say that?
Yes In this very thread another member posted an example of me doing that after Bobbo made the same stupid claim as you just did.

You really are quite stupid. :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=88&t=29649&p=701458#p700216
Yes, I recall, but you seem to have a unique concept of what constitutes admitting a mistake.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:54 am

Matthew Ellard wrote: Yes In this very thread another member posted an example of me doing that after Bobbo made the same stupid claim as you just did. You really are quite stupid. :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=88&t=29649&p=701458#p700216
landrew wrote:Yes, I recall, but you seem to have a unique concept of what constitutes admitting a mistake.
He posted the evidence. Are you a bit senile?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 18923
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:22 am

Took 20 seconds to google (stare decisis in australia)
The High Court is not bound to follow its own past decisions,
The Supreme Courts of Australia are required to follow stare decisis. Matt confuses this with the Supreme Court of the USA that like High Courts everywhere SET PRECEDENT, they are not bound to follow it. Even a shallow read of a good dictionary would make this clear.......much more gaining a law degree....if one were paying attention, or understand common sense and other links provided afterwards.

https://blogs.unimelb.edu.au/opinionson ... precedent/
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
landrew
True Skeptic
Posts: 10889
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by landrew » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:30 pm

The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Posts: 11960
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by OlegTheBatty » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:49 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:25 am
landrew wrote: Every court system needs to have a highest court, whatever you want to call it, "Supreme Court" or otherwise.It just seems so simple it sounds stupid to me.
Bobbo's fake claim is that the high courts of Australia and the USA are not bound by Stare Decisis. This is total crap from Bobbo. Any case presented to any high court is presented by grounding the case in all the many earlier precedents which the high courts do not review or change. The high courts instead make a ruling that differentiates the law in the particular matter at hand from the existing precedents and create a new ruling and thus commonlaw (case) law.

Bobbo can't grasp the concept that if all the earlier precedents are overthrown in the high court in one case then every previous case based on those precedents can now appeal. That would be millions of cases. That's not how Stare Decisis works and never has.
Nonsense. Any case that has been fully adjudicated, including Appeals or Top Court rulings would have no standing for a further appeal if the top court changed a ruling to adapt to changing times.

In Canada, the SCOC tends to throw things into parliament's lap with a definite time limit for suitable legislation if they consider the change gets too far into new territory, or of they think the ruling would create social upheaval.

Here, each province has a Supreme Court, and an Appeals Court above it. The Appeals Court is a 3 judge panel. If they rule 3-0, the SCOC can choose to hear an appeal, but if the ruling is 2-1, the right of appeal is automatic. There is a 90 day limit for an appeal. There ain't no way a case will be heard after that. One does not get a redo because changing technology has required a redefinition of the legal meaning of right to privacy.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

.......................Doesn't matter how often I'm proved wrong.................... ~ bobbo the pragmatist