Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

What you think about how you think.
Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:57 pm

gorgeous wrote:Seth- “There is never any justification for violence, for hatred, for murder. Those who indulge in violence for whatever reason are themselves changed, and the purity of their purpose adulterated.”
(From the book: THE SETH MATERIAL)
No Gorgeous. I clearly asked to to list one prediction made by Jane Roberts pretending to be Seth that came true.

Are you admitting there aren't any?

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Monster » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:52 am

I recently discovered a new channeled alien. At least, new to me. Aetherius. I listened to some of George King's audio and it's just silly sounding.

https://www.aetherius.org/
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:17 am

David Wilcock, who runs the Divine Cosmos website has written music channelled from "Seth" and "Ra". The other Seth people argue that only they can channel Seth. The music is simply terrible.

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHgVaz-G93U[/bbvideo]

Poodle
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Post-bloom

Post by Poodle » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:31 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:David Wilcock, who runs the Divine Cosmos website has written music channelled from "Seth" and "Ra". The other Seth people argue that only they can channel Seth. The music is simply terrible.
I thought it was OK until I realised my headphones weren't connected.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:34 am

:lol:
Lard, save me from your followers.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:43 pm

seth----on God ------------This absolute, ever-expanding, instantaneous psychic gestalt, which you call God if you prefer, is so secure in its existence that it can constantly break itself down and rebuild itself.

Its energy is so unbelievable, that it does indeed form all universes; and because its energy is within and behind all universes, systems and fields, it is indeed aware of each sparrow that falls, for it is each sparrow that falls.

Now - and this will seem like a contradiction in terms - there is nonbeing. It is a state of, not of nothingness, but a state in which probabilities and possibilities are known and anticipated but blocked from expression.

Dimly, through what you would call history, hardly remembered, there was such a state. It was a state of agony in which the powers of creativity and existence were known, but the ways to produce them were not known.

This is the lesson that All That Is had to learn, and that could not be taught. This is the agony from which creativity originally was drawn, and its reflection is still seen.

Some of this discussion is bound to be distorted, because I must explain it to you in terms of time as you understand it. So I will speak for your benefit, of some indescribably distant past in which these events occurred.

All That Is retains memory of that state, and it serves as a constant impetus - in your terms - toward renewed creativity. Each self (you), as a part of All That Is therefore also retains memory of that state. It is for this reason that each minute consciousness is endowed with the impetus toward survival, change, development, and creativity. It is not enough that All That Is as a primary energy gestalt, desires further being, but each portion of It (you) also carries this determination.

Yet the agony itself was used as the means, and the agony itself served as the impetus, strong enough so that All That Is initiated within Itself the means to be.

If - and this is impossible - all portions but the most minute last 'unit' of All That Is were destroyed, All That Is would continue, for within the smallest portion is the innate knowledge of the whole. All That Is protects Itself, therefore, and all that It has and is and will create.

When I speak of All That Is, you must understand my position within It. All That Is knows no other. This does not mean that there may not be more to know. It does not know whether or not other psychic gestalts like It exist. It is not aware of them if they do exist. It is constantly searching. It knows that something else existed before Its own primary dilemma when it could not express itself.

It is conceivable then, that It has evolved, in your terms, so long ago It has forgotten Its origin, that It has developed from still another Primary which has - again, in your terms - long since gone Its way. So there are answers that I cannot give you, for they are not known anywhere in the system in which we have our existence. We do know that within this system of our All That Is, creation continues and developments are never still.

The first state of agonized search for existence may have represented the birth throes of All That Is as we know it.

In other words, All That Is existed in a state of being, but without the means to find expression for Its being. This was the state of agony of which I spoke.

The agony and the desire to create represented Its proof of Its own reality. The feelings, in other words, were adequate proof to All That Is that It was.

At first, in your terms, all of probable reality existed as nebulous dreams within the consciousness of All That Is. Later, the unspecific nature of these 'dreams' grew more particular and vivid. The dreams became recognizable one from the other until they drew the conscious notice of All That Is. And with curiosity and yearning, All That Is paid more attention to Its own dreams.

It then purposely gave them more and more detail, and yearned toward this diversity and grew to love that which was not yet separate from Itself. It gave consciousness and imagination to personalities (us) while they were still within Its dreams. They also yearned to be actual.

Potential individuals, in your terms, had consciousness before the beginning or any beginning as you know it, then. They (you) clamored to be released into actuality, and All That Is, in unspeakable sympathy, sought within Itself for the means.

His was in your terms a primary cosmic dilemma, and one with which It wrestled until All That Is was completely involved and enveloped within that cosmic problem.

Had It not solved it, All That Is would have faced insanity, and there would have been, literally, a reality without reason and a universe run wild. -----------The pressure came from two sources: from the conscious but still probable individual selves who found themselves alive in God's dream, and from the God who yearned to release them.

This, then, is the dilemma of any primary pyramid gestalt: It creates reality. It also recognized within each consciousness (you) the massive potential that existed. The means, then, came to It. It must release the creatures and probabilities from Its dream.

To do so would give them actuality. However, it also meant 'losing' a portion of Its own consciousness, for it was within that portion that they were held in bondage. All That Is had to let go.

With love and longing It let go that portion of Itself, and they (souls) were free. The psychic energy exploded in a flash of creation (big bang).

All That Is, therefore, 'lost' a portion of Itself in that creative endeavor. All That Is loves all that is has created down to the least, for It realizes the dearness and uniqueness of each consciousness which has been wrest from such a state and at such a price.

It, of Itself and from this state, has given life to infinities of possibilities. From Its agony, It found the way to burst forth in freedom, through expression, and in so doing gave existence to individualized consciousnesses. Therefore It is rightfully jubilant.

Yet all individuals remember their source, and now dream of All That Is as All That Is once dreamed of them. And they yearn toward that immense source... and yearn to set It free and give It actuality through their own creations.

These connections between you and All That Is can never be severed, and Its awareness is so delicate and focused that Its attention is indeed directed with a prime creator's love to each consciousness."
Last edited by gorgeous on Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:44 pm

gorgeous wrote: Its energy is so unbelievable, ......
Accepting the source as accurate, I stopped here.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

kennyc
Has No Life
Custom Title: The Dank Side of the Moon

Post by kennyc » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:47 pm

Poodle wrote:
gorgeous wrote:... 'the Earth is a school'...
So is a whole lot of fish. Where is this going?
ROTFL! Someone should get Schooled that's fer sure and I Ain't Talkin' Tuna Fish!
Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Gallery - Photo Gallery - Writing&Poetry - The Bleeding Edge
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama

kennyc
Has No Life
Custom Title: The Dank Side of the Moon

Post by kennyc » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:52 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:I don't understand this need many people have to desperately cling to the slightest suggestion of evidence to support their precious beliefs. It must be some really deep-seated insecurity. Some kind of emptiness within... Or just really stupid?
I Believe in Peanut Butter!
Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Gallery - Photo Gallery - Writing&Poetry - The Bleeding Edge
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama

oppressor

Post by oppressor » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:05 am

Lausten wrote:
placid wrote:.. though plainly here it is...
At least we agree that we exist. You also seem to agree that evolution happened for survival. But at some point, you stop. You stop asking questions. You stop wanting to know. There's not much anyone can do about that.
I dont thnk survival is the only reason, but is one of the reasons for sure

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:23 pm

“If you examine your thoughts for five minutes at various times during the day for several times a month, you will indeed receive a correct impression of the kind of life you have arranged for yourself in the next existence, If you are not pleased with what you discover, then you had better begin changing the nature of your thoughts and feelings.”

Seth Speaks
Session 550
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:29 pm

on seth's God quote above^^....Seth speaks of God's agony which was the impetus to creation...it is interesting that when remote viewers remote viewed God and the creation of life it was also seen as a result of God's agony....a devastating loneliness that God could not stand any more...God began a burst of creating life and gained great joy from the creation...

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:37 pm

Poodle wrote:Is that just a random Seth teaching, gorgeous, or is it a comment on the ongoing mayhem?
-------------it is a seth teaching that we live lives as both male and female, as well as other's teaching....out of body travelers learn of their lives as the other sex....to complete education on Earth you must understand and experience both sexes...

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Debunk /"Seth" and Jane Roberts

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:29 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:Gorgeous? We clearly asked you to list one prediction made by Seth the channelled alien that came true.

Are you admitting there aren't any and Seth was just a hoax by Jane Roberts?
You need to answer this post Gorgeous.

Stop running away
:lol: :lol: :lol:

mirror93
Regular Poster

Re: Debunk /"Seth" and Jane Roberts

Post by mirror93 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:17 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:Gorgeous? We clearly asked you to list one prediction made by Seth the channelled alien that came true.

Are you admitting there aren't any and Seth was just a hoax by Jane Roberts?
You need to answer this post Gorgeous.

Stop running away
At least one prediction she got right. That she would fool a variety of dull-witted simpletons before she came up with this Seth hoax
:paladin:

Poodle
True Skeptic

Post by Poodle » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:30 am

I'm still working through what experiencing both sexes may mean. Well, when I say working through, what I actually mean is .... oh, never mind.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:27 pm

it means you have lived as both male and female in previous lives....it is required for learning...

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:30 pm

gorgeous wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:37 pm
Poodle wrote:Is that just a random Seth teaching, gorgeous, or is it a comment on the ongoing mayhem?
-------------it is a seth teaching that we live lives as both male and female, as well as other's teaching....out of body travelers learn of their lives as the other sex....to complete education on Earth you must understand and experience both sexes...
While that would help, I'm for what the world actually offers anyone interested: read a book. Generic empathy can really help too........
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:10 pm

seth-----You will often become "allergic" to a drug simply because the body realizes that if the drug was accepted, all recourse to the solution of a particular problem would be cut off, or another more severe illness would result from the physical "cover-up" of the dilemma.

It is important to note that regardless of the mental or physical illness adopted, it is chosen for a reason, and is a natural method that the individual himself knows he is physically and mentally equipped to handle

Poodle
True Skeptic

Post by Poodle » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:06 pm

Seth got his medical degree from Noddyland University. As a doctor, he makes a good roadsweeper.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Post by Major Malfunction » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:00 pm

And Noddy doesn't even have a drivers licence.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:40 pm

bodies do reject drugs

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Post by Major Malfunction » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:45 pm

You can always apply a cat at 100 Hz.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Gorgeous is an idiot

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:48 am

gorgeous wrote: seth-----You will often become "allergic" to a drug simply because the body realizes that if the drug was accepted, all recourse to the solution of a particular problem would be cut off, or another more severe illness would result from the physical "cover-up" of the dilemma.
Jane Roberts, the out of work science fiction writer who invented "Seth the channeled alien" died of alcoholism from ingesting alcohol. :lol: :lol: :lol:

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:01 am

seth is a spirit,was human

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Gorgeous is an idiot

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:06 am

gorgeous wrote: seth is a spirit,was human
Seth is a fictional character from 1963. He is as human as "Astroboy" or "The Cat in the hat" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Post by Major Malfunction » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:48 am

I always wondered how Astroboy's hair always had two points, no matter which angle you looked at it. Now I understand he was a fourth dimensional construct being manifest in meatspace.

All hail Astroboy! Our Lord and Visitor from another dimension!
Spoiler:
(Let's not mention that he's dumb as {!#%@} in front of him. He might get offended, and you wouldn't like him when he's angry.)

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:33 pm

seth----

“In the terms used by science, there was no evolution in linear terms, but vast explosions of consciousness, expansions of capacities, unfoldings on the parts of all species, and these still continue. They are the inner manipulations with which consciousness presents itself.”

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:36 pm

1. anybody can "say" anything.

2. science doesn't use those terms. (("vast explosions........of anything"))

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:17 pm

true..science has a lot to learn....btw...how about the 'big bang'...same..

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:23 pm

geez G: can't you avoid the worst of your gibberish? I mean: raise your game just a half notch??

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:41 pm

is the big bang a 'vast explosion'?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:51 pm

no. Thats the explanation found in comic books. What "science says" ((more comic book tropes)) is that space "expanded". There are similarities between an explosion and an expansion but its the differences that make a difference. Google it yourself.........and if you are honest, you will never say that again. Science will be watching you.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:32 am

gorgeous" wrote: is the big bang a 'vast explosion'?
No, as it created the 11 dimensions when the singularity quantized.

Jane Roberts was a hack science fiction writer in the 1950s and never knew about quantum mechanics and string theory.

Jane Roberts died of alcoholism when her "Seth" cult withered.
:lol:

mirror93
Regular Poster

Post by mirror93 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:31 pm

Seth is like me when I was a child, when I pretended to impersonate and channel an alien soul from the future to impress my friends. (I'm serious, I did that), it was all kid stuff obviously, I was 7 years old, they kinda believed it of course.
Jane Roberts one day, drunk, jokingly started doing that, combining to what she "knew" about the theories of physics at the time and then started mixing with some form of BS spirituality she just made up on the spot, and she liked doing it, went too far on her dishonesty and noticed that people were gullible enough to believe in such absolute and utter woo, started making money out of it, meetings, books, etc.
I bet anyone that this is what actually happened. :)
:paladin:

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:40 pm

how gullible ...you think you exist...

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:44 am

gorgeous wrote: how gullible ...you think you exist...
Gorgeous? Please explain why not one of "Seth, the channeled alien spirit"s" predictions came true?

Was that because Jane Roberts made them all up?

Dimebag
Regular Poster

Post by Dimebag » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:59 am

gorgeous wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:40 pm
Not really, Descartes got one thing right, cogito ergo sum.

landrew
Has No Life

Post by landrew » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:01 pm

Dimebag wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:59 am
gorgeous wrote:
Not according to Elon Musk, who has discussed the possibility that we may nothing more than a computer simulation.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: prostrate spurge

Post by Gord » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:22 pm

landrew wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:01 pm
Dimebag wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:59 am
gorgeous wrote:
Not according to Elon Musk, who has discussed the possibility that we may nothing more than a computer simulation.
Computer simulations exist.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?