Real or Fake?

Step right up for 3-card Monte...
User avatar
landrew
Has No Life
Posts: 11310
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by landrew » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:46 pm

Who puts cut out letters from magazines on on a threatening letter? Only in bad and old movies.
Image

Nothing has ever looked more fake.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 14528
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by JO 753 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:06 am

I disagree.

There are fake boobz that look more fake. Therez the fire in that movie that I can almost recall the name uv from the mid 2000z. Therez Prinsess Lia and Gran Moff Tarkin in that resent Star Warz sequel.

And, personal experiens: There wuz a tubby guy in hiz 60z at a plase I worked hoo had a cheap Erik Estrada toupee. It looked more like a toilet seat cover.

So I'd put the Jesse Smollet bogus harrassment note at about the 15th most fake looking thing ever.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1647
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:23 am
Custom Title: eugenics never stopped

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by psychiatry is a scam » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:05 am

experts will always try to say what the people in power want to hear .
if they tell the truth , they would need to find real work

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19357
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:37 am

Looks like a fine harassment letter to me. Given that Smollet is educated and has knowledge of the community, if it looked good to him.............good enough for me.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
landrew
Has No Life
Posts: 11310
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by landrew » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:46 pm

He walked home after the mugging with Subway sandwich still in his hand, which he ate. The rope was still around his neck, and he still had his cellphone when he gave his statement to police. He refused to give up his phone records for the police investigation, but gave them a heavily redacted version several days later. He wrote a personal check to the two perpetrators and paid for the supplies, including the red hats, the rope, the bleach and the ski masks. Not even a good script for a bad movie.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

User avatar
TJrandom
Has No Life
Posts: 12025
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Custom Title: Salt of the earth
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by TJrandom » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:01 pm

But he was so very convincing on camera... a velly good actor.

User avatar
landrew
Has No Life
Posts: 11310
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by landrew » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:57 pm

TJrandom wrote: ↑
Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:01 pm
But he was so very convincing on camera... a velly good actor.
I doubt even half of his tribe (the left) believed him at first.
The story just smelled funny.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 14528
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by JO 753 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:45 am

I estimate about 40% uv the peepl hoo herd the story beleevd it.

All Trump voterz + many more Republicanz.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:30 am

landrew post wrote: I doubt even half of his tribe (the left) believed him at first.
Are you a big fan of "info Wars"?
WAS JUSSIE SMOLLETT HOAX A DEMOCRAT OPERATION?
https://www.infowars.com/was-jussie-smo ... operation/

So far you claimed all Russians are primitive, because they eat bacon, and that Socialists were surprised by the SECOND Russian revolution. You really seem to have a problem with socialism and evidence don't you?

Where does Jussie Smollett claim "his tribe" are socialists?

User avatar
landrew
Has No Life
Posts: 11310
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by landrew » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:54 am

Matthew Ellard wrote: ↑
Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:30 am
landrew post wrote: I doubt even half of his tribe (the left) believed him at first.
Are you a big fan of "info Wars"?
WAS JUSSIE SMOLLETT HOAX A DEMOCRAT OPERATION?
https://www.infowars.com/was-jussie-smo ... operation/

So far you claimed all Russians are primitive, because they eat bacon, and that Socialists were surprised by the SECOND Russian revolution. You really seem to have a problem with socialism and evidence don't you?

Where does Jussie Smollett claim "his tribe" are socialists?
Great example of what happens when you stray into the vicinity of a highly polarized left-wing field. Your neutral position is immediately construed as right-wing by flipping hysterical people.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

User avatar
TJrandom
Has No Life
Posts: 12025
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Custom Title: Salt of the earth
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by TJrandom » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:27 am

landrew wrote: ↑
Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:54 am
Matthew Ellard wrote: ↑
Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:30 am
landrew post wrote: I doubt even half of his tribe (the left) believed him at first.
Are you a big fan of "info Wars"?
WAS JUSSIE SMOLLETT HOAX A DEMOCRAT OPERATION?
https://www.infowars.com/was-jussie-smo ... operation/

So far you claimed all Russians are primitive, because they eat bacon, and that Socialists were surprised by the SECOND Russian revolution. You really seem to have a problem with socialism and evidence don't you?

Where does Jussie Smollett claim "his tribe" are socialists?
Great example of what happens when you stray into the vicinity of a highly polarized left-wing field. Your neutral position is immediately construed as right-wing by flipping hysterical people.
Darned... zounds like something Rush Lumpgurd might say. 😬

User avatar
landrew
Has No Life
Posts: 11310
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by landrew » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:05 pm

TJrandom wrote: ↑
Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:27 am
landrew wrote: ↑
Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:54 am
Matthew Ellard wrote: ↑
Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:30 am
landrew post wrote: I doubt even half of his tribe (the left) believed him at first.
Are you a big fan of "info Wars"?
WAS JUSSIE SMOLLETT HOAX A DEMOCRAT OPERATION?
https://www.infowars.com/was-jussie-smo ... operation/

So far you claimed all Russians are primitive, because they eat bacon, and that Socialists were surprised by the SECOND Russian revolution. You really seem to have a problem with socialism and evidence don't you?

Where does Jussie Smollett claim "his tribe" are socialists?
Great example of what happens when you stray into the vicinity of a highly polarized left-wing field. Your neutral position is immediately construed as right-wing by flipping hysterical people.
Darned... zounds like something Rush Lumpgurd might say. 😬
Yes, like that.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

User avatar
TJrandom
Has No Life
Posts: 12025
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Custom Title: Salt of the earth
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by TJrandom » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:56 pm

landrew wrote: ↑
Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:05 pm
TJrandom wrote: ↑
Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:27 am
landrew wrote: ↑
Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:54 am
Matthew Ellard wrote: ↑
Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:30 am
landrew post wrote: I doubt even half of his tribe (the left) believed him at first.
Are you a big fan of "info Wars"?
WAS JUSSIE SMOLLETT HOAX A DEMOCRAT OPERATION?
https://www.infowars.com/was-jussie-smo ... operation/

So far you claimed all Russians are primitive, because they eat bacon, and that Socialists were surprised by the SECOND Russian revolution. You really seem to have a problem with socialism and evidence don't you?

Where does Jussie Smollett claim "his tribe" are socialists?
Great example of what happens when you stray into the vicinity of a highly polarized left-wing field. Your neutral position is immediately construed as right-wing by flipping hysterical people.
Darned... zounds like something Rush Lumpgurd might say. 😬
Yes, like that.
Happy to see that you agree it isn't just left-wing.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19357
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:02 pm

Ha, ha..............people OVER REACTING to the first reports of the Smollett claim NOW OVER REACTING to the first reports from the police.

What lesson learned? What truism demonstrated??
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:55 am

landrew wrote: Great example of what happens when you stray into the vicinity of a highly polarized left-wing field.
No. It is a great example when an idiot, pretending to be a skeptic, like yourself, claims a criminal must belong to the left based on no evidence..

You are worse than Gorgeous at simply making up evidence.


Why are you claiming that Jussie Smollett belongs to "the left tribe".

Do you think all African Americans belong to "tribes"? Do you still claim all Russians are primitive because they eat bacon?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:59 am

TJrandom wrote:.. zounds like something Rush Lumpgurd might say. 😬
I'm starting to think Landrew doesn't like anyone but conservative White Anglo Saxon People. :lol:

User avatar
TJrandom
Has No Life
Posts: 12025
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Custom Title: Salt of the earth
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by TJrandom » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:15 am

Matthew Ellard wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:59 am
TJrandom wrote:.. zounds like something Rush Lumpgurd might say. 😬
I'm starting to think Landrew doesn't like anyone but conservative White Anglo Saxon People. :lol:
What - cucks like Paul Manafort? πŸ₯΄

User avatar
landrew
Has No Life
Posts: 11310
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by landrew » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:59 pm

Hillary's a crook, Trump's a buffoon, and Libertarians are idiots. How can any rational person join any one of those tribes?
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:17 am

landrew wrote: Hillary's a crook, Trump's a buffoon, and Libertarians are idiots. How can any rational person join any one of those tribes?


You said Jussie Smollett belonged to the "Left's tribe". The Americans don't represent the "Left" do they?

Now answer my question What evidence did you have that Jussie Smollett belonged to the left? Or are you another liar like "Crooked Hillary" and "Buffoon Trump" whom just make up crap without evidence? :lol: :lol: :lol:

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19357
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:30 am

landrew wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:59 pm
Hillary's a crook, Trump's a buffoon, and Libertarians are idiots. How can any rational person join any one of those tribes?
Does one "join a tribe" when voting between either/or of two candidates? Sounds like tribal (no)think to me.

Why you do dat?
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
landrew
Has No Life
Posts: 11310
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by landrew » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:45 pm

The real story here in my opinion is how quickly some people took sides, embracing the Smollett story as a "hate crime" even in the face of some suspicious inconsistencies. Common sense still prevails in most people, so the majority of people reserved judgment, some even cried foul, but a few made fools of themselves by lending unremitting support to what is becoming rapidly apparent as a self-serving hoax.

Certainly, Mr. Smollett deserves due process, as do we all, but I think the lesson here is how a polarized, tribal attitude belies the emotional basis for partisan belief, and as we know, emotions have no IQ. They are the fall-back when reasoning fails or simply isn't used.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19357
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:14 pm

landrew wrote: ↑
Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:45 pm

Certainly, Mr. Smollett deserves due process, as do we all, but I think the lesson here is how a polarized, tribal attitude belies the emotional basis for partisan belief, and as we know, emotions have no IQ. They are the fall-back when reasoning fails or simply isn't used.
Dictionary skills. You actually mean the opposite of belies. A more dithering point is that emotions do have IQ: they are dumb.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:02 pm

landrew, three days ago wrote:I doubt even half of his tribe (the left) believed him at first.
landrew wrote:The real story here in my opinion is how quickly some people took sides,
That was you, not us. You immediately assumed he belonged to the left with no evidence, as you don't like the left.

(Left or right has nothing to do with it. He lied to get more fame and money.

User avatar
TJrandom
Has No Life
Posts: 12025
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Custom Title: Salt of the earth
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by TJrandom » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:23 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote: ↑
Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:02 pm
landrew, three days ago wrote:I doubt even half of his tribe (the left) believed him at first.
landrew wrote:The real story here in my opinion is how quickly some people took sides,
That was you, not us. You immediately assumed he belonged to the left with no evidence, as you don't like the left.

(Left or right has nothing to do with it. He lied to get more fame and money.
Fair enough. Landrew didn't claim that he himself doesn't jump to conclusions thru the lens of tribalisms. ;)

User avatar
landrew
Has No Life
Posts: 11310
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by landrew » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:25 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote: ↑
Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:02 pm
landrew, three days ago wrote:I doubt even half of his tribe (the left) believed him at first.
landrew wrote:The real story here in my opinion is how quickly some people took sides,
That was you, not us. You immediately assumed he belonged to the left with no evidence, as you don't like the left.

(Left or right has nothing to do with it. He lied to get more fame and money.
Straw-manning yourself all the way. I criticize idiots from any tribe, right, left or looney.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:40 pm

landrew, three days ago wrote:I doubt even half of his tribe (the left) believed him at first.
landrew wrote:Straw-manning yourself all the way. I criticize idiots from any tribe, right, left or looney.
What evidence do you have that Jussie Smollett belongs to the "Left tribe"?

Why did you make that claim knowing you made it up on the spot?

User avatar
landrew
Has No Life
Posts: 11310
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by landrew » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:01 am

Matthew Ellard wrote: ↑
Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:40 pm
landrew, three days ago wrote:I doubt even half of his tribe (the left) believed him at first.
landrew wrote:Straw-manning yourself all the way. I criticize idiots from any tribe, right, left or looney.
What evidence do you have that Jussie Smollett belongs to the "Left tribe"?

Why did you make that claim knowing you made it up on the spot?
Slow down your reactionary rhetoric. It's not relevant what I thought, I was commenting on those who self-identify as either left or right, using the story for partisan ends. When the incident occurred, the left immediately blamed the right for inspiring a hate crime. When it became apparent as a hoax, the right accused the left of falsely smearing the right.

I'm neither on the right or the left on this issue, I'm merely pointing out the stupid binary thinking, where those who live at the extremes of the spectrum, can only see the enemy in anyone who seems to disagree with them. Most people see the bigger issue, which is non-partisan.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19357
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:20 am

I agree with landrew. It is rather definitional. The extremes on either end over react. Doesn't matter what the subject/issue is or who is saying it or what is said. "Prove the Sun comes up Each Day!!!!!!" ////////////// aka: Congress Creeps and their bases.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:14 am

landrew, three days ago wrote:I doubt even half of his tribe (the left) believed him at first.
landrew wrote:Slow down your reactionary rhetoric. It's not relevant what I thought,
You are claiming other people jumped to wrong conclusions with no evidence, whilst jumping to a wrong conclusion with no evidence.

landrew wrote: I was commenting on those who self-identify as either left or right,
You said his tribe (the left), which is something you made up on the spot.

Did you have or do you have an iota of evidence that Jussie Smollett is a member of the left or is this BS evidence you made up?

User avatar
landrew
Has No Life
Posts: 11310
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by landrew » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:48 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:14 am
landrew, three days ago wrote:I doubt even half of his tribe (the left) believed him at first.
landrew wrote:Slow down your reactionary rhetoric. It's not relevant what I thought,
You are claiming other people jumped to wrong conclusions with no evidence, whilst jumping to a wrong conclusion with no evidence.

landrew wrote: I was commenting on those who self-identify as either left or right,
You said his tribe (the left), which is something you made up on the spot.

Did you have or do you have an iota of evidence that Jussie Smollett is a member of the left or is this BS evidence you made up?
You misunderstand a post, create strawman arguments from flawed interpretations, then serve them up with a generous dose of personal abuse.

Go back and read it again. The relevance is not about Smollet joining a "tribe." It's the way the tribal left adopted him unskeptically as a poster child and a victim of the "evil right," personified by Trump.

I'm not an extremist either way; I try to aim for the rational center, criticize the extremists for their foolishness, but I often get caught in their crossfire. They mistake my centrist position as "the enemy." Both ends of the spectrum are idiots, and they will always exist, for as long as the "bell curve" represents most things in nature. Thank goodness most of the sanity lives in the fat middle of the curve.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:07 am

landrew, three days ago wrote:I doubt even half of his tribe (the left) believed him at first.
Matthew Ellard wrote:Did you have or do you have an iota of evidence that Jussie Smollett is a member of the left or is this BS evidence you made up?
landrew wrote: You misunderstand a post, create strawman arguments from flawed interpretations, then serve them up with a generous dose of personal abuse.
No. I am directly quoting you and you have form. You also claimed Russians are "primitive" because they eat bacon.
landrew wrote: The relevance is not about Smollet joining a "tribe."
When do you claim Smollett, an African American, joined "the left tribe"? You simply made up some BS to bash the left using Smollett, a criminal of no known political persuasion.

User avatar
landrew
Has No Life
Posts: 11310
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by landrew » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:48 am

Matthew Ellard wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:07 am
You simply made up some BS to bash the left using Smollett, a criminal of no known political persuasion. [/color]
You simply troll and insult in hopes of getting a rise.
Good luck with that.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:27 am

landrew wrote: You simply troll and insult in hopes of getting a rise. Good luck with that.
You called Russians primitive because "they eat bacon". After fighting Neo-Nazis on the holocaust denial subforum for a decade, you got my attention, with that claim. The Nazis killed 20,000,000 Russians. Don't expect a break from me for your racial slurs.

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 14528
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by JO 753 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:15 am

Matthew Ellard wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:14 am
Did you have or do you have an iota of evidence that Jussie Smollett is a member of the left...
He actually haz 3 iotaz - 1. black, 2. actor, 3. gay.

Not likely to be invited to a Republican party fundraizer!

But youre rite, this wuz a dum stunt to increase hiz pay, not a political thing.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

User avatar
landrew
Has No Life
Posts: 11310
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by landrew » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:35 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:27 am
landrew wrote: You simply troll and insult in hopes of getting a rise. Good luck with that.
You called Russians primitive because "they eat bacon". After fighting Neo-Nazis on the holocaust denial subforum for a decade, you got my attention, with that claim. The Nazis killed 20,000,000 Russians. Don't expect a break from me for your racial slurs.
In my days in graduate school, I counted among my good friends, several Russians, who had recently come to the US to study and teach. We spent many hours drinking strong black tea and discussing many things including the pros and cons of our countries of native origin. While each of us had a measure of national pride, we also had the intellectual maturity to talk about the problems and shortcomings of our respective cultures. I never said anything about bacon, but a popular meal in Russia is a slab of lard on a cracker. This was not intended as a slam, but it shows a large difference in our attitudes towards nutrition. Counting calories had the opposite meaning under communism. One of many including what we all agreed was a high degree of lawlessness in Russia, despite a much larger percentage of police in the population. We all agreed that communism had failed, although it did produce a much better educated population than before. Communism had a corrupting effect on the peoples' psyche. For years, the communist party replaced religion, and dictated nearly every aspect of life for its subjects (I deliberately avoided "citizens"). For years, it was ingrained that "capitalism is crime," therefore when communism blew up around 1990, capitalism was now "OK," along with many other previously forbidden freedoms. The subconscious message that it sent was that "crime is now OK." Alternatively, one could argue that the vacuum created by the absence of religion and communism left people to act more selfishly and lawlessly.

Matthew, you don't take criticism well, and I have to say that you are easily the worst-behaved member of this forum. You've made many false claims, and demanded that those you accuse, answer for them. Your verbal abuse, bullying and personal attacks know no bounds. I fully expect retaliation from you in double measure for this, but I won't be responding to you in kind. I don't come here to abuse people for personal enjoyment. I will simply hold you on "virtual ignore," and if it escalates, I will use the hard ignore function. Here's hoping you have a twinkle of self-reflection on this.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 34981
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: prostrate spurge
Location: Transcona

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by Gord » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:28 pm

landrew wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:35 pm
Matthew, you don't take criticism well....
Very few people around here do. No names spring to mind as I'm typing this. I mean, some people take some kinds of criticism from some other people well, but that's the best I can come up with at the moment. I think everyone's become too invested in "not being defeated by" at least one other poster, and it's painful to let that sort of thing go.

I try and try and try to remind myself that all y'all suck equally. :P But then one of you posts something, and it becomes very difficult to maintain that fact in my mind!
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:07 am

landrew wrote: In my days in graduate school, I counted among my good friends, several Russians, who had recently come to the US to study and teach.
Did you tell them they were primitive because all Russians eat bacon?
landrew wrote: I never said anything about bacon, but a popular meal in Russia is a slab of lard on a cracker.
It is bacon and the whole of Europe eats it, not just Russia.
landrew wrote:Matthew, you don't take criticism well,
I am criticising you for your racial slurs. I speak Russian, have been to Russia and had Russian business partners. You didn't even know Lenin was exiled in the first Russian revolution. You know nothing about Russia.

Stop making up racial BS about Russians and claiming people like Jussie Smollett are "Left tribal members" because they are black.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19357
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:15 am

JO 753 wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:15 am
Matthew Ellard wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:14 am
Did you have or do you have an iota of evidence that Jussie Smollett is a member of the left...
He actually haz 3 iotaz - 1. black, 2. actor, 3. gay.

Not likely to be invited to a Republican party fundraizer!

But youre rite, this wuz a dum stunt to increase hiz pay, not a political thing.
Ha, ha.............one of the best comebacks evar! funny and truthful on several levels. Well done. Not that some people don't run against type.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19357
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:19 am

landrew wrote:
Matthew, you don't never take criticism well,
If there is a single instance of Matthew admitting to error, misstatement, reading too fast, thinking of something else, typo etc: I've never seen it. Could anyone copy and paste if any such thing has EVER happened?

..........doesn't matter how stark an error is pointed out........

The only saving grace: on balance, more often right than wrong.....but why not up the percentage?
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
landrew
Has No Life
Posts: 11310
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: Real or Fake?

Post by landrew » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:24 pm

When you double-down on being wrong, you're twice as wrong.
Throw in some venom, and it doubles again.
Someone who seeks self-gratification by trolling and bullying online truly needs help.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.