Earliest recorded UFO sightings

PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19760
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:54 pm

What is the difference between saying:
The story told in the Bible iz more or less accurate,
and
The fairy tales told in the Bible are completely made up nonsense.
What would the size and positioning of the Venn Diagrams be?
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 14586
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by JO 753 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:57 pm

Gord wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:21 pm
JO 753 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:40 am
Gord wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:56 am
It's been demonstrated that they represent the Sun and the Moon.
No. It haz been claimed. Its stated az established fact about 1 minit into the video, then everything after iz based on that unsubstantiated claim.
Demonstrate

verb
past tense: demonstrated; past participle: demonstrated
1. give a practical exhibition and explanation of (how a machine, skill, or craft works or is performed).
"computerized design methods will be demonstrated"
synonyms: give a demonstration of, show how something is done, show how something works

2. clearly show the existence or truth of (something) by giving proof or evidence.
"their shameful silence demonstrates their ineptitude"
synonyms: reveal, bespeak, indicate, signify, signal, denote, show, display, exhibit, express, manifest, evince, evidence, be evidence of, be an indication of, bear witness to, testify to
antonyms: hide
I'll consede that 'demonstrate' iznt completely incorrect usaje there, but still maintain that 'claim' iz more accurate. "Demonstrate' seemz to me to require that sumthing actually works, wich iz proof that its correct.

In this case it iz a rediculous claim bekuz, az I keep demonstrating, by the relijus symbolizm theory, you coud put anything in thoze pozitionz and they woud still be wutevr they are suppozed to symbolize.

In REAL lojik a theory iz junk if you can find just 1 example that duznt fit. Here we hav bunchez.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 14586
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by JO 753 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:30 pm

Cadmusteeth wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:28 pm
Based on what? What evidence could I draw from to lead me to believe that these depictions are most likely had aliens?
You keep saying that we don't know that these have aliens in them. But you act as if they do, based on little more than speculation. Other people have presented evidence, where's yours?
Based on wut iz actually in the paintingz, rather than a presuppozition.

The evidens iz that the detailz in question look too much like artificial flying objects to be anything else. And sum uv them look like wut modern witnessez hav described, wich are objects that are still beyond our teknolojy.

If they wanted to illustrate God shining a lite down from the sky, why not paint a man with bird wingz and fire insted uv replasing him with a gold colored disk and showing strate beemz uv lite? Makes ZERO sens. They regularly show anjelz az winged humanz, so its a clearly established standard.

If they wanted to illustrate the sun and moon az vehiclez carrying passenjerz, wy not winged horsez az they often hav in other paintingz?

Back in Biblical timez, if you wanna to fly, youre gunnu need wingz like a bird!

Woc the video agen.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 24019
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:32 pm

"In REAL lojik a theory iz junk if you can find just 1 example that duznt fit. Here we hav bunchez."

Moron. It means you have re-evaluate your theory, not simply toss it out. If the example causes you to discover that your theory is false, then you junk it and move on. You really are a {!#%@}' poser.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 14586
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by JO 753 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:40 pm

Well, I woudnt toss out a Lamborgini Diablo just kuz it woudnt start. I woud re-evaluate a new ignition module into it, then see if it can get me where I want to go.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

User avatar
Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Posts: 13362
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:20 pm
Custom Title: Super Skeptic
Location: Paradise, New Zealand

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by Lance Kennedy » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:47 pm

The problem, Jo, is that you start all this with a presupposition. You believe alien space craft regularly visit our world, in spite of a serious lack of credible evidence. That belief leads you to cherry pick data.

Good science begins with data. Not a belief. A hypothesis is developed from the data. The hypothesis should take into account Occams razor. In other words, a mundane theory, using known information is better than a weird theory based on novel stuff. Your idea breaks that important principle. Yet, instead of reverting to Occams razor, you cherry pick to support the weird stuff.

User avatar
TJrandom
Has No Life
Posts: 12214
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Custom Title: Salt of the earth
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by TJrandom » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:52 pm

JO, It surely seems that where you want to go - is into woo-land.

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 14586
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by JO 753 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:36 pm

Lance Kennedy wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:47 pm
The problem, Jo, is that you start all this with a presupposition.
Nope. For this thred, I'm just going by the detailz in the paintingz.
You believe alien space craft regularly visit our world, in spite of a serious lack of credible evidence.
So YOU say. In other thredz on the UFO topic I hav clearly explained wy your standard for 'credible evidens' iz bogus.
Good science begins with data. Not a belief.
And yet here you are, starting with the beleef that there are no ancient UFOz.
A hypothesis is developed from the data. The hypothesis should take into account Occams razor. In other words, a mundane theory, using known information is better than a weird theory based on novel stuff.
Tell that to Einstein.

Find me a quote from any real sientist to the effect that ignoring facts that dont fit iz the proper way to proseed from hypothosis to theory.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

User avatar
landrew
Has No Life
Posts: 11749
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by landrew » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:39 pm

JO 753 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:36 pm
Lance Kennedy wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:47 pm
The problem, Jo, is that you start all this with a presupposition.
Nope. For this thred, I'm just going by the detailz in the paintingz.
You believe alien space craft regularly visit our world, in spite of a serious lack of credible evidence.
So YOU say. In other thredz on the UFO topic I hav clearly explained wy your standard for 'credible evidens' iz bogus.
Good science begins with data. Not a belief.
And yet here you are, starting with the beleef that there are no ancient UFOz.
A hypothesis is developed from the data. The hypothesis should take into account Occams razor. In other words, a mundane theory, using known information is better than a weird theory based on novel stuff.
Tell that to Einstein.

Find me a quote from any real sientist to the effect that ignoring facts that dont fit iz the proper way to proseed from hypothosis to theory.
You ask the impossible, but there are plenty of examples from bad science to support that claim.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

User avatar
Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Posts: 13362
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:20 pm
Custom Title: Super Skeptic
Location: Paradise, New Zealand

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by Lance Kennedy » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:07 pm

Jo thinks that subjective interpretation of ambiguous phenomena is evidence.

If a person sees a light in the sky, that is evidence for a light in the sky, not for alien space craft. If a painter draws a bright circle in his painting, that just shows a bright circle, not a space craft.

If you look at the sum total of all symbols and icons put into paintings, you will end up with tens of thousands. You can carefully select some of them to represent anything you want. If you believe in ghosts, you will select ghost icons. If you believe in monsters, there will be monster icons. And Jo believes in alien space craft, so he sees alien space craft.

As in any such woo, the belief comes first, and the data is manipulated to fit.

As I have said before, the only evidence for aliens visiting Earth that is credible will be material evidence. Lights in the sky and icons on paintings are subjective and ambiguous, and subject to interpretation by anyone with an agenda.

User avatar
landrew
Has No Life
Posts: 11749
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by landrew » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:15 pm

On Star Trek an scientific observation team had a technology which kept them invisible from the primitive culture they were studying. Maybe that explains the lack of physical evidence.

Hey just sayin'.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 24019
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:52 pm

Citing TV shows. That's bottom-feeding.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Posts: 12023
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by OlegTheBatty » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:46 pm

Hey, it works for catfish and lawyers.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

.......................Doesn't matter how often I'm proved wrong.................... ~ bobbo the pragmatist

User avatar
Cadmusteeth
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1313
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: USA

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by Cadmusteeth » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:19 pm

JO 753 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:30 pm
Cadmusteeth wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:28 pm
Based on what? What evidence could I draw from to lead me to believe that these depictions are most likely had aliens?
You keep saying that we don't know that these have aliens in them. But you act as if they do, based on little more than speculation. Other people have presented evidence, where's yours?
Based on wut iz actually in the paintingz, rather than a presuppozition.

The evidens iz that the detailz in question look too much like artificial flying objects to be anything else. And sum uv them look like wut modern witnessez hav described, wich are objects that are still beyond our teknolojy.
I somehow do not think you have any qualifications in engineering, art history, or archaeology. You should probably stop acting like you do.
If they wanted to illustrate God shining a lite down from the sky, why not paint a man with bird wingz and fire insted uv replasing him with a gold colored disk and showing strate beemz uv lite? Makes ZERO sens. They regularly show anjelz az winged humanz, so its a clearly established standard.

If they wanted to illustrate the sun and moon az vehiclez carrying passenjerz, wy not winged horsez az they often hav in other paintingz?

Back in Biblical timez, if you wanna to fly, youre gunnu need wingz like a bird!

Woc the video agen.
That's one of the main problems here. You look at it from your perspective rather than that of the artists of those times. So what if it doesn't make sense to you, it wasn't made with people like you in mind. Why are you claiming expertise in another culture's art?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19760
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:28 pm

the issue is: culture.

The parallel issue is what the ancients saw when they looked up into the starry night. Look at the constellations: all drawn from their culture: bulls, fish, rams, chariots, bows and arrows etc. no spaceships, cell phones, or cars. You see versions only of what you have already seen, what you are used to, what your culture is all about.

Looking at the night sky I would not be able to guess what the ancients saw....I have to rely on their reports. Same with the paintings. what did the artists say at the time? Nothing??..... Well, there ya go. All you've got then is your own culture.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Cadmusteeth
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1313
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: USA

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by Cadmusteeth » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:46 pm

Sounds about right.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:36 am

JO 753 wrote: Most likely - The primitiv humanz in the time uv Jebus woud think the alienz were GODz.
The medieval painters in 1300AD don't actually meet Jesus to ask his opinion in 36AD. They only get to paint what is written in the Bible. You seem to be struggling with that basic fact.
JO 753 wrote: The story told in the Bible iz more or less accurate
Nothing in the Bible is accurate. No Jews were crucified in the two Jewish rebellions. The Bible was written a long time after the time Jesus was said to be alive. If you had actually bothered to read the Bible it talks about hundreds of zombie saints walking around Jerusalem when Jesus dies.
JO 753 wrote: Witnessez drew picturez uv the major events.
No Joe 753 there were no witnesses and no one drew any pictures, There was no paper in 36AD. :lol: :lol:
JO 753 wrote: It makes alot uv sens that from the beginning, keeping the very existens uv theze imajez a secret woud be obviously essential for them to not be destroyed.
Who do you think was keeping secret photos and paintings of a crucifixion of Jesus that never happened? Name one person.

Jo 753, you are making up impossible stories that make no sense, with no evidence, , simply to pretend "Ancient Aliens" on cable TV makes sense to you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 24019
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:19 am

You're wasting your time.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19760
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:53 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:36 am
JO 753 wrote: Witnessez drew picturez uv the major events.
No Joe 753 there were no witnesses and no one drew any pictures, There was no paper in 36AD. :lol: :lol:


I call that a Matticism. Only true in a manner that is completely irrelevant and diversionary setting up a red herring snipe hunt. Matt really loves this game. Say Matt: what is the etymology of the word paper? Do you want to play Advanced Matticism and tell me what I did and didn't have for breakfast while in Egypt? ((Thats a TRICK question........lets see if Matt goes for it?))
Last edited by bobbo_the_Pragmatist on Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 14586
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by JO 753 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:58 am

You asked for a hypothosis to explain why there are UFOz in the mideval paintingz, Matt.

The wun I rote iz infinitly superior to the wun you guyz are subscribing to.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19760
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:17 am

JO 753 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:58 am
You asked for a hypothosis to explain why there are UFOz in the mideval paintingz, Matt.

The wun I rote iz infinitly superior to the wun you guyz are subscribing to.
You don't think the issue is culture?
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 14586
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by JO 753 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:30 am

No. The debunkerz and, by my hypothosis set forth abuv, the Church and wutever organization existed befor, are plasing layerz uv filterz between your eyez and your brain to effectively hide the truth uv the paintingz in plain site.

Herez the site referenst in the debunked debunk video. http://sprezzatura.it/Arte/Arte_UFO_eng.htm . Its in English.

Frum the 1st paje:
The point is that no one of the authors of these web sites takes into account the symbolic meaning of these strange elements in respect to the art of the period. Worst of all, by considering these elements as the representation of something real or really seen by the artist, they assume that the artist, eg. an Italian artist of the 15th century or an anonymous Byzantine painter, would actually be allowed to insert any non canonical or un-codified element into a religious representation. On the contrary, in past times the commissioners (those who choose the subject and supervised the execution of the art work - in these cases the religious institutions) would have never allowed the author to insert into a work of art anything other than what previously decided, especially in case of religious subjects. In this latter case, in addition, restrictions were even stronger.
How to portray the truth to the massez, get copyz uv our precious secret picturez made, avoid the unplezent chore uv executing artisanz after they are finished, all wile still having them believ it iz all from The Holy God himself? :?

Such a confounding contradictory conundrum. Hmmm. Let me think on it....

SYMBOLIZM!
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

User avatar
TJrandom
Has No Life
Posts: 12214
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Custom Title: Salt of the earth
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by TJrandom » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:48 am

I just saw a segment on the History channel: A spaceship made of stone.

JO you could really get a lift out of this. Those Egypt pyramids – are actually alien spacecraft, or so they imply in this segment. No tail rudder, no wings, no antenna, no landing gears, etc. – so it seems you are safe in not requiring these for your wooisms. I do recommend that you not climb upon one of those pyramids – since it might take to the sky.

I don`t know the Bible, having read only sparingly, and certainly with neither understanding nor religious fanaticism, but surely you can find the passages that describe the pyramids as being stone spacecraft.

Next time I need to move a boulder, maybe I should just clasp my hands together, click my heels twice, and mutter some sort of praise to the god of stones. Any recommendations on the required words? Don't let this request weigh you down.

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 35118
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: prostrate spurge
Location: Transcona

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by Gord » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:26 am

JO 753 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:57 pm
Gord wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:21 pm
JO 753 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:40 am
Gord wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:56 am
It's been demonstrated that they represent the Sun and the Moon.
No. It haz been claimed. Its stated az established fact about 1 minit into the video, then everything after iz based on that unsubstantiated claim.
Demonstrate

verb
past tense: demonstrated; past participle: demonstrated
1. give a practical exhibition and explanation of (how a machine, skill, or craft works or is performed).
"computerized design methods will be demonstrated"
synonyms: give a demonstration of, show how something is done, show how something works

2. clearly show the existence or truth of (something) by giving proof or evidence.
"their shameful silence demonstrates their ineptitude"
synonyms: reveal, bespeak, indicate, signify, signal, denote, show, display, exhibit, express, manifest, evince, evidence, be evidence of, be an indication of, bear witness to, testify to
antonyms: hide
I'll consede that 'demonstrate' iznt completely incorrect usaje there, but still maintain that 'claim' iz more accurate. "Demonstrate' seemz to me to require that sumthing actually works, wich iz proof that its correct.

In this case it iz a rediculous claim bekuz, az I keep demonstrating, by the relijus symbolizm theory, you coud put anything in thoze pozitionz and they woud still be wutevr they are suppozed to symbolize.

In REAL lojik a theory iz junk if you can find just 1 example that duznt fit. Here we hav bunchez.
No. You can recognise them as the objects they represent. They are not just "anything". They are very clearly the iconic symbols that they are meant to be. All it takes is a bit of knowledge of the topic for someone to know what they are. And we've demonstrated clearly what they are meant to be: Iconic images of the Sun and the Moon.

Try this analogy: You go to see a play. It's a well-known play, like Hamlet. The actors come on the stage and speak the expected words. But at the end of the play, the person sitting next to you says, "That guy in the hat wasn't Horatio, Horatio never wore a hat in the play. That was an alien!" You reply, "That was clearly Horatio. The actor spoke all the words, performed the part as written, and everything! He just wore a hat." And yet the other person won't accept this, because of the hat.

That's what's happening here. The paintings are following a pattern, like the script of a play. They include specific parts, such as the Sun and the Moon, which are like the actors in the play. Upon close inspection, we can see how the painter has depicted those elements with his or her own embellishments, and we can recognise the elements even though they're "wearing hats" because they "follow the script".
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 14586
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by JO 753 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:00 pm

Hav any uv you red any uv the Sprezzatura site?

I hav red part 1 and 2 so far.

Part 1 iz convinsing. I agree that its just a red hat. And I agree that the UFO enthuziasts are either being very careless and maybe even deseptiv in their prezentationz uv the painting.

In Part 2 I wuz expecting there woud be a longer explanation uv the wen/where/wy uv the suppozed symbolizm. It woud need to be very good kuz sum uv the imajez are clearly flying vehiclez.

But therez nothing more than wut everybody here haz tried to pass off az proof. He showz sum uv the pix from the UFO sites, then a better imaj uv the same paintingz, then examplz uv similar paintingz uv the same Bible sene followed by "Conclusion: There are no UFOz in the paintingz".

The only peepl hoo coud be convinsed by this thredbare argument are thoze hoo want to beleev it.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

User avatar
Cadmusteeth
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1313
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: USA

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by Cadmusteeth » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:32 pm

So, all ancient depictions of flying vehicles are proof of aliens? They can't be anything else?

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Posts: 12023
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by OlegTheBatty » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:35 pm

Note the 'alien in a spaceship' in the upper right corner.

Clearly, the depicted woman has an actual alien spacecraft in her kitchen. No other explanation is possible.

JO, your arguments are nothing more than hand waving and special pleadings.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

.......................Doesn't matter how often I'm proved wrong.................... ~ bobbo the pragmatist

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 24019
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:58 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:35 pm
Note the 'alien in a spaceship' in the upper right corner.

Clearly, the depicted woman has an actual alien spacecraft in her kitchen. No other explanation is possible.

JO, your arguments are nothing more than hand waving and special pleadings.
As ever.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19760
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:06 pm

JO 753 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:30 am
No. The debunkerz and, by my hypothosis set forth abuv, the Church and wutever organization existed befor, are plasing layerz uv filterz between your eyez and your brain to effectively hide the truth uv the paintingz in plain site.
that is a bunch of layers itself. Why would THE CHURCH paying to have paintings made to glorify their lord do so and not mention spacecraft in any other way? I'd buy the representation of things we don't believe in paintings of things we don't believe if for instance there was an entire holy book dedicated to angels and how they fly in the sky.

but there isn't.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 14586
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by JO 753 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:57 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:06 pm
Why would THE CHURCH paying to have paintings made to glorify their lord do so and not mention spacecraft in any other way?
Asking for a motiv iz usually a loozing argument. Its not hard to invent storyz based on pure speculation. In this case I'v alredy provided the speculativ story.
I'd buy the representation of things we don't believe in paintings of things we don't believe if for instance there was an entire holy book dedicated to angels and how they fly in the sky.

but there isn't.
Insted, the Bible iz liberally sprinkled with fairy dust thruout.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 14586
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by JO 753 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:06 pm

Cadmusteeth wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:32 pm
So, all ancient depictions of flying vehicles are proof of aliens? They can't be anything else?
They coud also be Atlanteanz, lizard overlordz, humanz from the future, crosstime vizitorz, Morlocks, the CHUDz uv anchient Egypt, Doc Brown, Doc Who...

I admit to being biased toward the least far out explanation that duznt omit evidens.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19760
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:07 pm

JO 753 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:57 pm
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:06 pm
Why would THE CHURCH paying to have paintings made to glorify their lord do so and not mention spacecraft in any other way?
Asking for a motiv iz usually a loozing argument. Its not hard to invent storyz based on pure speculation. In this case I'v alredy provided the speculativ story.
Excellent debating point JO..........but the motive was only the set up for the ACTION/proof that should be present .... but is not as with "and not mention spacecraft in any other way"===>aka the main point of the rebut, not the preamble.

Ha, ha........if true, then it would appear that the spaceships have left our sphere of influence.......just as has our Lord. Sad when such majestic creatures go extinct.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
landrew
Has No Life
Posts: 11749
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by landrew » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:09 pm

JO 753 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:06 pm
Cadmusteeth wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:32 pm
So, all ancient depictions of flying vehicles are proof of aliens? They can't be anything else?
They coud also be Atlanteanz, lizard overlordz, humanz from the future, crosstime vizitorz, Morlocks, the CHUDz uv anchient Egypt, Doc Brown, Doc Who...

I admit to being biased toward the least far out explanation that duznt omit evidens.
Is this easier than thinking for you? You are a great economizer.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19760
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:13 pm

landrew wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:09 pm

Is this easier than thinking for you? You are a great economizer.
I thought you advocated not calling people stupid? As a fellow economizer, you think form triumphs function???
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
landrew
Has No Life
Posts: 11749
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by landrew » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:28 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:13 pm
landrew wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:09 pm

Is this easier than thinking for you? You are a great economizer.
I thought you advocated not calling people stupid? As a fellow economizer, you think form triumphs function???
Stupid and lazy have nothing to do with each other.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

User avatar
TJrandom
Has No Life
Posts: 12214
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Custom Title: Salt of the earth
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by TJrandom » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:34 pm

JO 753 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:57 pm
... Insted, the Bible iz liberally sprinkled with fairy dust thruout.
JO, so are your posts in this thread. ;)

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19760
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:41 pm

landrew wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:28 pm
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:13 pm
landrew wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:09 pm

Is this easier than thinking for you? You are a great economizer.
I thought you advocated not calling people stupid? As a fellow economizer, you think form triumphs function???
Stupid and lazy have nothing to do with each other.
Your posting on point demonstrate otherwise.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19760
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:49 pm

landrew: I'll take that last post back but leave it for the same reason I posted it: the set up was screaming at me.

That said, you are not stupid or lazy. No one on this forum is. but in my view you are whiny and hypocritical. Whiny more than most and you might benefit from looking at that issue. As to hypocrisy: who isn't? But we should all try to do better on that issue.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Cadmusteeth
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1313
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: USA

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by Cadmusteeth » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:39 pm

JO 753 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:06 pm
Cadmusteeth wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:32 pm
So, all ancient depictions of flying vehicles are proof of aliens? They can't be anything else?
They coud also be Atlanteanz, lizard overlordz, humanz from the future, crosstime vizitorz, Morlocks, the CHUDz uv anchient Egypt, Doc Brown, Doc Who...

I admit to being biased toward the least far out explanation that duznt omit evidens.
So why aliens in particular? Why should we believe that they are extraterrestrial and not just something from around here?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:52 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote: No Joe 753 there were no witnesses and no one drew any pictures, There was no paper in 36AD. :lol: :lol:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist" wrote:I call that a Matticism. Only true in a manner that is completely irrelevant and diversionary.......
As you are a complete idiot, you just worked out there was no pen and paper in 36AD and no one drew images of what they were looking at. The first actual image of Jesus on the cross was a wall carving from the second century AD.


You really are a stupid as Jo 753.

So Bobbo. Show us a drawing of Jesus from 36AD.