Earliest recorded UFO sightings

PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Custom Title: Super Skeptic

Re: Earliest recorded UFO sightings

Post by Lance Kennedy » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:28 am

The problem is that Jo is a woo woo believer in alien space craft.

Like all woo believers , he cherry picks data. Thus, a medieval painting showing deities with halos become aliens in space ships. Jo needs to wake up to the fact that he is a believer in woo. That is, he believes something for which there is no credible evidence.

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Post by JO 753 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:37 am

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:42 pm
Show me a photograph of a flying aircraft that looks like that. Do it without sticking your monkey head up your ass, please.
Bad lojik.

1. You are claiming that aircraft created by anybody needz to look like wut our sivilization haz made.

How close woud it need to be befor youd admit it? Duz it need to be just a jeneral configuration uv an aerodynamicly dependent vehicle or do you require it to match a spesific model by any known manufacturer?

2. You are claiming that anything depicted az being in the sky before our sivilization made flying vehicles must be sumthing else besidez a flying vehicle.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:04 am

Then therez all the non kristian ancient UFO art.
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1CAAC ... H2cah8FWUA

Lucy! You hav sum splaining to do!
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: prostrate spurge

Post by Gord » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:12 am

JO 753 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:04 am
Then therez all the non kristian ancient UFO art.
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1CAAC ... H2cah8FWUA

Lucy! You hav sum splaining to do!
Please tell me you're not serious. I've watched too many youtube videos by people who seriously believe this stuff to tell anymore.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

TJrandom
Has No Life
Custom Title: Salt of the earth

Post by TJrandom » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:54 am

JO 753 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:37 am

2. You are claiming that anything depicted az being in the sky before our sivilization made flying vehicles must be sumthing else besidez a flying vehicle.
Wow - you are finally getting it. It would take physical evidence to demonstrate otherwise. Please dig one up in a cave, from a river bank, etc., and then carbon date it or the surrounding materials, and every one of us will change our tune.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:27 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:58 am
Firstly, the artists have specifically named each painting after an event in the Bible. The "annunciation", or the "baptism of Jesus" or the "crucifixion".
f-18aNUNSEAsN.jpg
Must be baby Jezus.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:33 am

JO 753 wrote: Then therez all the non kristian ancient UFO art. Lucy! You hav sum splaining to do!
Jo 753. Other religions and cultures have their own symbols. Pick two or three of the image from that page and I will show you what they represent.

Also you haven't addressed any of my previous points, which explain why the images cannot be flying saucers.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:35 am

JO 753 wrote: Must be baby Jezus.
The file name of the image you posted says F18A which is a USA fighter.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:21 am

Incorrect. The file name iz f-18aNUNSEAsN . It adressez the 1st uv your points:
Firstly, the artists have specifically named each painting after an event in the Bible. The "annunciation", or the "baptism of Jesus" or the "crucifixion". Every element in the painting represents words in the bible. There are no flying saucers in the Bible.
I 'painted' an F-18, added the required sun & moon with fasez and named it aNUNSEAsN. Presto! Its not an F-18 anymore, its wutevr iz in that pozition in the official annuntiatio paintingz.

THATS IZ YOUR LOJIK, not mine.

Your last sentens there iz another exampl uv bad lojik. I forget the name for it - tautolojy, beging the question, sumthing uv the sort. There are many thingz in the Bible that are nonsens fantasy going by wut we no about the teknolojy uv the era, but can possibly be explained by modern or future teknolojy.
Secondly, the paintings are all commissioned by rich people (patrons) for the purpose of representing scenes from the Bible. If, hypothetically, The Count of Burgundy saw a flying saucer, he would commission a painting of a flying saucer without Jesus dying on the cross in the foreground. I remind you that technical drawings did exist in the medieval and classical period.
This just extendz your unsupported conclusion. More 'dont beleev your lying eyes'.

If insted you trust your eyez, your 2nd point gets a slite rerite:
Secondly, the paintings are all commissioned by rich people (patrons) for the purpose of representing scenes from the Bible. If, hypothetically, The Count of Burgundy saw a flying saucer, he could commission a painting of a flying saucer without Jesus dying on the cross in the foreground. So why did they? I remind you that technical drawings did exist in the medieval and classical period, so its not the case that the Church required all paintings to be based on scenes from the Bible.
The scary possibility iz that they painted wut they beleev to be the actual sene frum the Bible! The sene az known to The Pope and maybe a few otherz with the hiest security clearens!

We no there are more 'books' to the Bible that didnt get included in the version they published for jeneral consumption. We no there are vaults full uv the Churche'z deepest secrets and most cherished artifacts. They hav an outstanding record on secret keeping.

Az Earth shaking az it woud be for the world, it woud not surpize me if it got out that they hav fotografs uv the depicted events, probably supplied by the same entityz responsible for the UFOz.
Thirdly, every visual element in all these paintings are from the artist's imagination. The artists is not standing in front of Jesus being crucified or seeing a UFO. The artist is in a studio painting from his rough sketches, because the artists had to make his own paints back then and needed lots of equipment.
But you sed they were instructed wut to paint. How much leeway do you think the the patron or the Pope woud allow? I'd be worried about a long painful stay in a dunjun if I let my muzingz take control uv my brush.

No. It makes more sens that the artists were pretty much like todayz criminal suspect sketch artists, going az best they coud by the description provided by witnessez and modifying it az instructed.

It makes sens that the Popes woud hav duplicates made, 1. to inspire the underlingz and the worshipperz and 2. to hav backups in case the orijinalz meet with catastrofy or decay. Yet the delema iz that they CAN NOT be seen by mere mortalz, so must be copied in this cumbersome indirect prosess.

Maybe that version with the weird dumpy Jezus wuz an unskilled attempt by a pope to paint it himself. MAYBE he actually did a desent job and the real Jezus wuz a flabby malformed freak?
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:32 am

JO 753 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:37 am
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:42 pm
Show me a photograph of a flying aircraft that looks like that. Do it without sticking your monkey head up your ass, please.
Bad lojik.
Yes, you do.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:49 pm

NU U!
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Post by Lance Kennedy » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:13 pm

Jo

You do not even know what you are doing. But what it is is this.

You are carefully cherry picking your data to support your belief. You believe in alien space craft visiting Earth and you see things through that lens. There are thousands of bits and pieces of art work and architecture that can, if you stretch credulity, be interpreted as alien. But it is much more likely that they represent everyday things, like the sun and moon, and other astronomical items, or imaginary things believed at the time, like demons and djinn, gods or angels, or people doing religious stuff.

Before interpreting something as being weird, begin by thinking if it might be something mundane, or imaginary.

TJrandom
Has No Life

Post by TJrandom » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:36 pm

Lance Kennedy wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:13 pm
Jo

You do not even know what you are doing. But what it is is this.

You are carefully cherry picking your data to support your belief. You believe in alien space craft visiting Earth and you see things through that lens. There are thousands of bits and pieces of art work and architecture that can, if you stretch credulity, be interpreted as alien. But it is much more likely that they represent everyday things, like the sun and moon, and other astronomical items, or imaginary things believed at the time, like demons and djinn, gods or angels, or people doing religious stuff.

Before interpreting something as being weird, begin by thinking if it might be something mundane, or imaginary.
Indeed - the problem JO has is that nothing is weird, just so long as he can construe that it supports the existence of ancient aliens. He didn't bite on my Polak contention, but (borrowing JO's mindset) I know for sure that Polak was painting alien craft of the future. If JO squints just right, I know he will see them. His ONLY problem is that he doesn’t know what alien spacecraft of the future look like, thus cannot clearly point them out – but for sure JO believes they are there.

Right JO?

In fact, when I google ‘Jason Polak painter alien spacecraft’ and select images – up come those paintings. Evidence, right JO?

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:16 pm

Maybe its kuz you missed an L, but I didnt see anything that looked like alienz or UFOz there, TJ.

You added nothing there, Lance. You only restated the crux uv the matter - hoo iz doing the credulity streching?

We arent tokking about fuzzy blobz in bad fotografs here. They are deliberatly drawn detailz. Take away all the relijus historical factoidz and wut duz it look like?

The point uv my F-18 painting iz that you can apply the same relijus symbolizm argument to reinterpret wut iz plainly on the canvas.

The only reazon it wont be explainerated away iz bekuz we no it wuz made yesterday. How old woud you need it to be befor you started reinterpretting the jet az sumthing else?

The orijinal imaj wuz from 1991. If the painting predated the existens uv the F-18, lets say 1970, woud you then say 'it obviously must be a symbolic Gabriel anjel', or woud you say 'its an artistic rendition uv a nonspesific military aircraft. By a remarkable chans, it looks exactly like an F-18.' ?

How about if it wuz from 1870? 'Thats befor powered flite, but far enuf along in the industrial revolution that an imajinativ artist, being familiar with all sorts uv new fangledy contraptionz and a good feel for aerodymnamics must hav painted it. Its an astounding coinsidens that it just happenz to look exactly like an actual F-18. It strainz credulity, but its the only reazonable explanation.' or woud you go with the relijus symbolizm story?

Go back 2 more senturyz. Are you going to claim relijun or go with 'look wut Leonardo DiVinci created in the same era'.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

TJrandom
Has No Life

Post by TJrandom » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:19 pm

:roll: :roll:

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:27 pm

A more credible avenue uv 'debunking' woud be to look for evidens that the disks, lite beemz, etc were added much later. A verified story that the paintingz fell into the handz uv a talented hoaxer in the 1920z woud be beleevable.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E._E._Smith
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Post by Lance Kennedy » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:45 pm

Consider alternatives, Jo.

If you modify in your mind various images, you can see alien space craft. If you modify them in a different direction, you can see astronomical objects, or witches, or demons, or monsters. It is entirely in your mind.

Alien space craft may or may not exist, but so far, there is no credible evidence. Ambiguous ancient art works are not evidence. Nor are eye witness accounts of assorted lights in the sky. There are cases on record of women who have been raped, who could not identify their rapist from a line of suspects. If someone so close and so intimately involved cannot judge what happened, how can some idiot who saw a light in the sky call it a space craft ?

What is needed is material evidence. In spite of thousands of so called space craft sightings, we do not have a single bit of genuine material evidence. The rational explanation for all this is that the sightings are not real. The human mind is easily fooled, especially when primed in advance to believe what is not real.

landrew
Has No Life

Post by landrew » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:48 pm

JO 753 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:27 pm
A more credible avenue uv 'debunking' woud be to look for evidens that the disks, lite beemz, etc were added much later. A verified story that the paintingz fell into the handz uv a talented hoaxer in the 1920z woud be beleevable.
Even that could be debunked. No one had heard of flying saucers in the 1920s. The term was coined in 1930 according to Wikipedia.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:08 pm

Thats not true, Landrew. There were insidents in the 1800z. The orijin date uv the term duznt matter.

But thats not my point. Popular sifi started way befor 1920, so its reazonable to speculate that a hoaxer coud imajin flying discs and the other vehiclez shown in the paintingz.

Its also not impossible that the orijinal creatorz uv the paintingz imajined such thingz.

The step too far iz to claim that imajination or relijus symbolizm debunks the possibility that they actually saw UFOz, either the creatorz uv the paintingz or the witnessez uv the orijinal events depicted.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

landrew
Has No Life

Post by landrew » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:16 pm

JO 753 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:08 pm
Thats not true, Landrew. There were insidents in the 1800z. The orijin date uv the term duznt matter.

But thats not my point. Popular sifi started way befor 1920, so its reazonable to speculate that a hoaxer coud imajin flying discs and the other vehiclez shown in the paintingz.

Its also not impossible that the orijinal creatorz uv the paintingz imajined such thingz.

The step too far iz to claim that imajination or relijus symbolizm debunks the possibility that they actually saw UFOz, either the creatorz uv the paintingz or the witnessez uv the orijinal events depicted.
If you'd read the entire thread, it's been made very clear that the painted objects in the sky evolved from earlier paintings from Byzantine times.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:21 pm

I reported a UFO once while flying. Right at sunrise, right on the horizon.....the brightest light I have ever seen in the sky indistinguishable from an airplane flying right at me with a bright light in its nose. Something no plane I am aware of has. While I assumed it was some atmospheric/star effect, as I had never seen such a thing before, I thought I would report it "just in case" and for the documentation of it. I think when flying that unusual things should be reported. Until "known"..........who knows. I personally don't think a bright light equates to a space craft. EDIT: after writing what follows, I forget what I actually said to air control. I think I started by asking if there were any aircraft at my Nine OClock position and when told No, reported that I was visualizing a bright light on the horizon that was not moving relative to my position. Nobody cared. I like that.

Its always amusing that people will say a UFO "IS" whatever they claim thereafter as if the know what they call UNKNOWN is. I blame: popular culture.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:24 pm

Lance Kennedy wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:45 pm
The human mind is easily fooled, especially when primed in advance to believe what is not real.
Serious question "for you" Lance: would this fact be an example of nature or nurture?
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Post by Lance Kennedy » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:51 pm

Red herring. Stay on topic.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:13 pm

No Lance. Its a serious question.

I know its easy to dismiss but there are arguments over points of view then there are "arguments" that are based on trying to inform someone they simply don't understand something. The analogy: trying to inform someone that "It was cold last night" is not an argument against AGW. Same with what NURTURE means in human development. It is so OBVIOUSLY much more than what you recognize and the position from which you post.

You may continue to take this as simply trying to "win", but from my perspective I'm only trying to inform you. And since we can't force anyone to do/recognize anything: I take some default pleasure that "in fact" you can never say you weren't told. You had a chance, and didn't take advantage of it.

Oh..........first time.........lets look at the dictionary?

nurture: Help develop, help grow ((On point: actually HOW you do grow.))

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:27 pm

JO 753 wrote: A more credible avenue uv 'debunking' woud be to look for evidens that the disks, lite beemz, etc were added much later.
We debunked this earlier. If the painting is "The blessing of the baptism of Jesus by God" and the bible narrative states that the heavens opened up and a god sent a ray of light to bless Jesus.......then the disk in the sky is God blessing Jesus and not an alien spaceship.

Secondly, these paintings are worth millions and have to have both "providence certificates" (chain of ownership) and pass scientific testing. As the artists and assistants had to make their own paints, it is extremely easy to ensure all the paint is from the same batches, formula ratios and C-14 carbon dating periods.
False IMpressions.jpg
Thirdly, even Erik Von Daniken, did not resort to faking UFOs by adding them to paintings. Why would someone pay three or four million dollars, to buy a famous painting and then ruin it by painting a flying saucer on it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:42 pm

JO 753 wrote:The point uv my F-18 painting iz that you can apply the same relijus symbolizm argument to reinterpret wut iz plainly on the canvas.
There was no F-18 fighter jet mentioned in the Bible Jo 753. The paintings we are reviewing, contain imagery from the narrative in the Bible.
JO 753 wrote:How about if it wuz from 1870?
It wasn't.
JO 753 wrote:Go back 2 more senturyz. Are you going to claim relijun or go with 'look wut Leonardo DiVinci created in the same era'.
Leonardo Da Vinci had to seek money from rich people ("Patrons). He did this not only as an artist but as a mechanic and maker of warfare machines. Most of Leonardo's war machine drawings and flying machines are totally bogus and would not work ........however the Patron didn't know that. The Medici family who ruled Florence sacked Leonardo after two years when they found that none of his war machines worked.

Off Topic " Giotto (and later Michelangelo) introduced and sold himself to the Medici family with his skill by spontaneously drawing a perfect circle on a wall. I read somewhere that this was a trick and he used an early version of cotton thread and a nail, in the same way a modern magician (master) uses trick devices.

Cadmusteeth
Frequent Poster

Post by Cadmusteeth » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:06 am

Even if we were to grant that the depictions in that particular painting were vehicles, so what? There have been depictions of the sun and moon being vehicles driven by supernatural beings, why should that be any different for the painting in question when there is no evidence for it?

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:09 am

The artists were required to put in the symbols by the church, the pope was paying the bills. Sad souls who are so desperate for validation of their beliefs that they will try to BS their way into a tentible position are fun to mock.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:17 am

I assume everyone has worked out, that by Jo 753's own logic, there really are flying horses. :D
Pegasus.jpg

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Post by Lance Kennedy » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:43 am

Cadmusteeth wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:06 am
Even if we were to grant that the depictions in that particular painting were vehicles, so what? There have been depictions of the sun and moon being vehicles driven by supernatural beings, why should that be any different for the painting in question when there is no evidence for it?
Absolutely. The ancient Egyptians thought the sun was a chariot carrying their sun God, Amon Ra across the sky every day.

The human imagination has come up with all sorts of ridiculous ideas over the years, and none of those ideas are evidence for alien space craft.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:56 am

JO 753 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:27 pm
No, the best avenue of debunking the alien conspiracy theory is to do what's been done in this thread -- to show the history of art and symbolism leading up to the creation of those paintings with those particular symbols. It's be demonstrated that they represent the Sun and the Moon.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:28 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:27 pm
We debunked this earlier.
Well its too bad then. We are left with Sherlock Holmes' deductiv method: 'if you'v eliminated the impossible, wut remainz, no matter how unlikely, iz still possible.'
If the painting is "The blessing of the baptism of Jesus by God" and the bible narrative states that the heavens opened up and a god sent a ray of light to bless Jesus.......
....so we can ignore that its an F-18 in the painting.
Secondly, these paintings are worth millions and have to have both "providence certificates" (chain of ownership) and pass scientific testing. As the artists and assistants had to make their own paints, it is extremely easy to ensure all the paint is from the same batches, formula ratios and C-14 carbon dating periods.
That coud rule out the 1920 goofball hoaxer. But were the UFO detailz in theze paintingz actually tested this thuroly? Seemz to me the ownerz woud not be happy about teknitionz scraping chips off uv prominent parts uv their priseless historical paintingz. Provide a link.

Dont forget the story uv Mark Hofman hoo ran a thriving Mormon document forjing bizness.
Thirdly, even Erik Von Daniken, did not resort to faking UFOs by adding them to paintings. Why would someone pay three or four million dollars, to buy a famous painting and then ruin it by painting a flying saucer on it?
It coud hav been altered long ago, befor it wuz worth millionz.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:40 am

Gord wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:56 am
It's been demonstrated that they represent the Sun and the Moon.
No. It haz been claimed. Its stated az established fact about 1 minit into the video, then everything after iz based on that unsubstantiated claim.

It iz only a hypothosis that theze detailz are symbolz. A hypothosis that reliez on ignoring evidens iznt worth much.

In this case its even worse. The entire purpose uv the hypothosis iz to deny that theze detailz are evidens uv ancient UFOz.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:09 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:If the painting is "The blessing of the baptism of Jesus by God" and the bible narrative states that the heavens opened up and a god sent a ray of light to bless Jesus......that's why we know it is god sending a ray of light and not a flying saucer.
JO 753 wrote:....so we can ignore that its an F-18 in the painting.
Yes....because there are no F-18s in the Bible narrative. You are finally getting it. :D
Matthew Ellard wrote:Secondly, these paintings are worth millions and have to have both "providence certificates" (chain of ownership) and pass scientific testing. As the artists and assistants had to make their own paints, it is extremely easy to ensure all the paint is from the same batches, formula ratios and C-14 carbon dating periods.
JO 753 wrote: It coud hav been altered long ago, befor it wuz worth millionz.
Jo 753, the paintings by the masters were worth enormous amounts of money when they were commissioned. That's why only rich people like the pope commissioned paintings of bible scenes.

Rather than waste time, I ask you to tell us how a medieval artist would capture the image of a flying saucer and why he would put it in a religious painting of Jesus getting baptised, called "Jesus getting baptised"?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:22 am

JO 753 wrote: It iz only a hypothosis that theze detailz are symbolz. A hypothosis that reliez on ignoring evidens iznt worth much.
No Jo 753. I carefully loaded up all the medieval paintings I could find of the same scene from the Bible. Every painting had the sun and the moon in the same place.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18292&start=120#p695006
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18292&start=120#p695007
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18292&start=80#p694729

Here are another three paintings.
Sun and moon 9.jpg
Sun and moon 8.jpg
Sun and moon 7.jpg
///////////////////////////

If you read the bible, you would have know that there was a darkness and the sun and the moon could be seen and thus must appear in these paintings.

Do you have any example that does not show the sun and the moon in the same place?

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:08 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:09 am
Yes....because there are no F-18s in the Bible narrative. You are finally getting it.
Getting repetativ agen.

The point iz that it coud be a snak machine and you guyz will still say its Gabriel.
SNaK-aNUNSEAsN.jpg
Rather than waste time, I ask you to tell us how a medieval artist would capture the image of a flying saucer and why he would put it in a religious painting of Jesus getting baptised, called "Jesus getting baptised"?
Most likely - The primitiv humanz in the time uv Jebus woud think the alienz were GODz. The story told in the Bible iz more or less accurate, with alot uv leeway considering their inability to comprehend wut they were seeing. Witnessez drew picturez uv the major events. Andor maybe fotoz were given to the wize humanz hoo were selected to enact the plan the alienz had for us.

It makes alot uv sens that from the beginning, keeping the very existens uv theze imajez a secret woud be obviously essential for them to not be destroyed.

Thoze orijinalz were kept az safe az possible, but out uv caution, the church occasionally over the senturyz had 'expendable' duplicates painted.

The UFOz were alwayz there, they were not consistently depicted az UFOz depending on the sercumstansez and wimz uv the Popes.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:12 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:22 am
Here are another three paintings. Sun and moon 9.jpgSun and moon 8.jpgSun and moon 7.jpg

Do you have any example that does not show the sun and the moon in the same place?
Yes. Your 3rd example haz them tranzpozed
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:13 am

An History of Art 101 class would be useful for some folks.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:21 pm

JO 753 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:40 am
Gord wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:56 am
It's been demonstrated that they represent the Sun and the Moon.
No. It haz been claimed. Its stated az established fact about 1 minit into the video, then everything after iz based on that unsubstantiated claim.
Demonstrate

verb
past tense: demonstrated; past participle: demonstrated
1. give a practical exhibition and explanation of (how a machine, skill, or craft works or is performed).
"computerized design methods will be demonstrated"
synonyms: give a demonstration of, show how something is done, show how something works

2. clearly show the existence or truth of (something) by giving proof or evidence.
"their shameful silence demonstrates their ineptitude"
synonyms: reveal, bespeak, indicate, signify, signal, denote, show, display, exhibit, express, manifest, evince, evidence, be evidence of, be an indication of, bear witness to, testify to
antonyms: hide
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Cadmusteeth
Frequent Poster

Post by Cadmusteeth » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:28 pm

JO 753 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:08 am
Matthew Ellard wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:09 am
Yes....because there are no F-18s in the Bible narrative. You are finally getting it.
Getting repetativ agen.

The point iz that it coud be a snak machine and you guyz will still say its Gabriel.
SNaK-aNUNSEAsN.jpg
Why do you think that people saying that the depictions in the painting in question are not literally vehicles means anything? Other than them being anthropomorphic depictions of the sun and moon.
Most likely - The primitiv humanz in the time uv Jebus woud think the alienz were GODz. The story told in the Bible iz more or less accurate, with alot uv leeway considering their inability to comprehend wut they were seeing. Witnessez drew picturez uv the major events. Andor maybe fotoz were given to the wize humanz hoo were selected to enact the plan the alienz had for us.

It makes alot uv sens that from the beginning, keeping the very existens uv theze imajez a secret woud be obviously essential for them to not be destroyed.

Thoze orijinalz were kept az safe az possible, but out uv caution, the church occasionally over the senturyz had 'expendable' duplicates painted.

The UFOz were alwayz there, they were not consistently depicted az UFOz depending on the sercumstansez and wimz uv the Popes.
Based on what? What evidence could I draw from to lead me to believe that these depictions are most likely had aliens?
You keep saying that we don't know that these have aliens in them. But you act as if they do, based on little more than speculation. Other people have presented evidence, where's yours?