Trump will win!

Discussions
bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Trump will win!

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:16 pm

Jeff: Hillary won the popular vote by 3 million and lost the Electoral College only by 70K votes, mostly in states she thought she would win and therefore did not campaign in.

Silly partisan statements should not be offered as analysis.........even when we all agree with the sentiments expressed.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:37 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:13 pm
I am concerned with Bernie Sanders. I’m starting to see the crazed Bernie crowd rising up from the ashes and pushing for their man on things like Twitter.
I'm on Sanders' mailing lists; the tenor of his mailings says that he is running.

Most of my neighborhood voted for Sanders in the primary in 2016 (around 60%) - none of them, well nearly none of them could be described as crazed. OTOH no one I know in the 'hood is for Bernie this time around.
. . . all right we are two nations . . .

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:00 am

>>I am seeing more positive Clinton stuff on places like Twitter. I’m not worried at this point. IMO the Democratic Party is completely disgusted with her and wants nothing to do with her.

I would guess a combination of continuing delusion, arrogance and narcissism, love of the spotlight, and bitterness leads the Clinton camp to say things like this. I think it's better explained psychologically than politically. It'd be like a surviving Titanic officer telling everyone that the ship would sail again.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:15 am

Gee SM: you chided me for counseling to follow the $$$, but I'll say it again. Everything you post re Clinton is true.............but follow the money. THAT is the motivating factor. If you are going to chide others for reminding you, can't you keep it in mind?
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Post by OlegTheBatty » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:35 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:00 am
>>I am seeing more positive Clinton stuff on places like Twitter. I’m not worried at this point. IMO the Democratic Party is completely disgusted with her and wants nothing to do with her.

I would guess a combination of continuing delusion, arrogance and narcissism, love of the spotlight, and bitterness leads the Clinton camp to say things like this. I think it's better explained psychologically than politically. It'd be like a surviving Titanic officer telling everyone that the ship would sail again.
Hmmm

Is it her fans who are speculating? Or enemies who don't want to give up on a real handy villain?
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

.......................Doesn't matter how often I'm proved wrong.................... ~ bobbo the pragmatist

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life
Custom Title: Lost in Translation

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:50 am

OlegTheBatty wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:35 am

Hmmm

Is it her fans who are speculating? Or enemies who don't want to give up on a real handy villain?
Good point. The stuff I see on Twitter looks like fan stuff but who knows.
Question for Groening by a reporter:
“Mr. Groening, what do you say to those who still deny the Holocaust?”

Groening:
“Nothing. They are hopelessly lost.”

Harvard Crimson (on why it refused to run an add by Bradley Smith):
“(It is) vicious propaganda based on utter BS that has been discredited time and time again.”

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:51 am

Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:37 pm
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
I am concerned with Bernie Sanders. I’m starting to see the crazed Bernie crowd rising up from the ashes and pushing for their man on things like Twitter.
I'm on Sanders' mailing lists; the tenor of his mailings says that he is running.

Most of my neighborhood voted for Sanders in the primary in 2016 (around 60%) - none of them, well nearly none of them could be described as crazed. OTOH no one I know in the 'hood is for Bernie this time around.
I have no issues with him running, my issue is if he loses the nomination will that cause his supporters to stay home.

Groening:

“(It is) vicious propaganda based on utter BS that has been discredited time and time again.”

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:52 am

I fully agree.

Groening:

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:28 am

OlegTheBatty wrote:

Hmmm

Her circle, I thought, of aides and former aides (the repellant Mark Penn, Andrew Stein to name two) and Clinton herself teased a few weeks ago that she’d like to be president. And over the weekend CNN reported that Clinton has told people close to her that she is not shutting the door to a possible run. Which chatter prompted a number of news stories these creatures thrive on. Clinton apparently told insiders that the Stone indictment is vindicating and her mind is not closed on running.

Every time people in her orbit bring this up, there's a piece like the MSN piece swatting it down.

I don't doubt the narcissism of Clinton and her circle or their delusional chatter.

But she will not run, this kind of talk is nothing more than her idea of fun.
Last edited by Statistical Mechanic on Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:29 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:50 am
OlegTheBatty wrote:

Hmmm

No, this is coming from Clinton, supposedly, and her circle. According to CNN. Like I wrote in the first place, Clinton's camp. I wouldn't have posted about her fans like that for chrissakes.
Last edited by Statistical Mechanic on Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:29 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:51 am
Jeffk 1970 wrote:

I have no issues with him running, my issue is if he loses the nomination will that cause his supporters to stay home.
He should not run. The Democrats need to get over '16 and his running will mean replaying bad movies from '16.

Balmoral95
Persistent Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:51 am

Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:29 am
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:51 am
Jeffk 1970 wrote:

He should not run. The Democrats need to get over '16 and his running will mean replaying bad movies from '16.
Agreed. It's silly, bored rich dude hubris...

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:36 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
OlegTheBatty wrote:

Hmmm

No, this is coming from Clinton, supposedly, and her circle. According to CNN. Like I wrote in the first place, Clinton's camp. I wouldn't have posted about her fans like that for chrissakes.
We’re talking about two different things. There is the talk coming from Clinton’s camp but I’m seeing more pro-Clinton stuff on Twitter that supports her running. These fans of hers troll those who voice objections to her running.

I don’t know if those are just trolls trying to stir up trouble, angry Russian bots or actual supporters.

Groening:

ElectricMonk
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Post by ElectricMonk » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:45 am

Clinton could (and should) do a Pelosi:
- run with the clear understanding that she will not seek a second term
- pick someone actually popular as VP, with the clear goal to groom that person to take over after four years

and do all that the moment she declares her candidacy.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:47 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:36 am
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
OlegTheBatty wrote:

Hmmm

We’re talking about two different things. There is the talk coming from Clinton’s camp but I’m seeing more pro-Clinton stuff on Twitter that supports her running. These fans of hers troll those who voice objections to her running.

I don’t know if those are just trolls trying to stir up trouble, angry Russian bots or actual supporters.
Right but I thought OTB was referring to what I had brought up, by responding to me :)

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:49 pm

ElectricMonk wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:45 am
Clinton could (and should) do a Pelosi:
- run with the clear understanding that she will not seek a second term
- pick someone actually popular as VP, with the clear goal to groom that person to take over after four years

and do all that the moment she declares her candidacy.
IMO she should not seek a first term - her running would perilously split the party and, if she were somehow nominated, I feel certain that we'd be getting a 2nd Trump term. Trump is looking weak in various 2020 polls (Marist, WaPo/ABC come to mind) I've seen - and the Dems need to press to maximize their advantage, not give the bastard breathing room.

As WaPo commented on its recent polling,
We tend to forget that a big reason Trump won was because of some unique factors — not least of which was an opponent, Hillary Clinton, who was about as unpopular as he was. In an election against an opponent who was even modestly unpopular (as in 45 percent of voters liking the candidate and 55 percent disliking the candidate, as opposed to Clinton’s 40-60 split), Trump probably would have lost. He won by less than one percentage point in the states that mattered.

At this point, Trump’s reelection hopes seem to lean heavily on the possibility that his opponent will be about as disliked as Clinton.

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Post by OlegTheBatty » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:31 pm

The Dems need to show that they've learned something from the Trump debacle (whether they actually have or not). Clinton or Sanders running would undermine that message. Clinton needs to disappear; Sanders needs to get behind a likeable progressive candidate.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

.......................Doesn't matter how often I'm proved wrong.................... ~ bobbo the pragmatist

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:29 pm

Just to restate the lesson: Don't run well known candidates: they all have higher "dislike"/non-support ratings than do fresh faces. aka: if you can't fit why they are running onto a bumper sticker: go on to the next candidate. You have to WIN FIRST.......before you can put your detailed well thought out programs on your 25 page website into action.

ElectricMonk
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Post by ElectricMonk » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:40 pm

Yep.

The no.1 Rule in US politics:

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:30 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:48 pm

Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:30 pm
“This is MAGA country”? Chicago?
I wouldn't equate the racism shown here with either Trump or his MAGA voting base. A few steps too far. Try to imagine a continuum of hate. This is at the bottom....Trump only near it.

landrew
Has No Life

Post by landrew » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:26 pm

It's also a fascination with the dark side.
Miscreants always have a fan club.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:49 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:48 pm
Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:30 pm
“This is MAGA country”? Chicago?
I wouldn't equate the racism shown here with either Trump or his MAGA voting base. A few steps too far. Try to imagine a continuum of hate. This is at the bottom....Trump only near it.
I didn't, the attackers did so, according to the article, “Per TMZ, as Smollett’s attackers left, they shouted “This is MAGA country.'”

But thanks for the advice. Quite helpful.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:02 pm

The advice, which I have given out quite liberally, is to put a bit more effort into the lead in. My natural reaction is that you support what you post. Or do you go the other way posting only what you disagree with?

You see the issue..........and I do note your very light handed sarcasm. That is a good thing.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:50 am

As leading Democrats, and John Podesta, reassure a terrified populace that Clinton's not getting in, Howard Schultz's campaign to re-elect Trump gathers steam: Schultz's lead strategist is GOP talking head and former McCain campaign chief, Steve Schmidt. I think Schultz's effort could be called the Committee to Re-Elect the President, or C.R.E.E.P.

Schultz's recent comments have targeted a list of un-American, he calls them, positions of top Democrats and others (Warren's tax proposal, Ocasio-Cortez's thoughts on wealth inequality, Harris' position on Medicare for all, even pundits' estimate that an independent presidential bid is unlikely to succeed). Schultz has also demagogued the Democrats quite a bit, dishonestly caricaturing the party as having settled on the high marginal tax rates advocated by Ocasio-Cortez: "I no longer feel affiliated [with the Democratic party] because I don't know their views represent the majority of Americans. I don't think we want a 70 percent income tax in America." In Schultz's view, we're all centrists (of his variety) and political contestation (not of his variety) is what ails us.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:04 pm

Just saw Schultz's interview on Morning Joe. He is very attractive "as a person".......but could not be worse as a wild card factor should he go ahead and run as an independent. He is Third Party Disaster 1.0==>meaning: absolutely NOTHING NEW. He is going to Ralph Nader the process and give us another Republican instead of the Democrat we need.

Its all ego.

So much of politics is. Why don't they just post on this forum and cause less damage?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:07 pm

As I scroll to the bottom of this thread to exit out, I see that Trump is AGAIN discussed in the Holocaust forum.

Did I mention?:

Its all ego.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:09 pm

Blast from the past.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Groening:

landrew
Has No Life

Post by landrew » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:15 pm

The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:18 pm

So.......what are those links about? Any reason/what is the reason to open them up?

You know..........an "nth" above nothing to follow up on the harder job of finding them to begin with?

I for one of many will not go to undescribed links. ((My two cents.))

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:34 pm

Hover mouse is your friend... :-P
Lard, save me from your followers.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:03 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:34 pm
Hover mouse is your friend... :-P
I tried that, the little bastard stole my piece of cheese and got away.

Groening:

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:08 pm

:lol:
Lard, save me from your followers.

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Post by JO 753 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:21 pm

That givez me a biz idea: dezining wall sircumventing equipment & stratejyz! Seemz to be a field uv endevour on the rize.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: Morgan de Veldt

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:29 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:09 pm
Blast from the past.
This, along with a scurrilous attempt to smear Chuck Schumer forwarded to me by my Trump-adoring brother, prompted me to look into Schumer's history. What I don't understand is how Trump ever got the initiative on Border Security. Schumer has a PROVEN RECORD of sensible legislation on border security. If he says the wall won't help, he should be listened to. And he should never tolerate Trump's slanderous lie that "Democrats want open borders." The failure of the law in the link above is to be charged entirely to John Boehner and the Tea Party. Why can't the Democrats get this message out?
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: Morgan de Veldt

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:43 pm

Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:50 am
Schultz's recent comments have targeted a list of un-American, he calls them, positions of top Democrats and others (Warren's tax proposal, Ocasio-Cortez's thoughts on wealth inequality, Harris' position on Medicare for all, even pundits' estimate that an independent presidential bid is unlikely to succeed). Schultz has also demagogued the Democrats quite a bit, dishonestly caricaturing the party as having settled on the high marginal tax rates advocated by Ocasio-Cortez: "I no longer feel affiliated [with the Democratic party] because I don't know their views represent the majority of Americans. I don't think we want a 70 percent income tax in America." In Schultz's view, we're all centrists (of his variety) and political contestation (not of his variety) is what ails us.
Looks like they're going to the well again, hoping their favorite draft of polluted water (SOCIALISM!!) will scare the pants off the voters. Only Bernie Sanders has actually owned the label Socialist and gotten away with it. The best response is to say straight out that this {!#%@} doesn't know what socialism even means, and that a proposal for a graduated income tax is far, far from being that. And keep repeating that message until people get tired of hearing the argument. That's the only way to prevail.
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:51 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:29 pm
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:09 pm
Blast from the past.
This, along with a scurrilous attempt to smear Chuck Schumer forwarded to me by my Trump-adoring brother, prompted me to look into Schumer's history. What I don't understand is how Trump ever got the initiative on Border Security. Schumer has a PROVEN RECORD of sensible legislation on border security. If he says the wall won't help, he should be listened to. And he should never tolerate Trump's slanderous lie that "Democrats want open borders." The failure of the law in the link above is to be charged entirely to John Boehner and the Tea Party. Why can't the Democrats get this message out?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... dec1bf8492

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:03 pm

Borowitz:
Trump Comes Out Strongly Against Intelligence

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Using some of his harshest rhetoric in recent memory, President Donald J. Trump came out strongly against intelligence on Wednesday morning.

“I’ve listened to these people with so-called intelligence go on and on, and, quite frankly, it’s a waste of time,” he said. “I know a lot more than people with intelligence do.”

Trump added that he has stopped receiving intelligence briefings at the White House, arguing, “I can do my job without any intelligence whatsoever.”

He said that he has chosen, instead, to seek advice from his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, and from his elder children, Ivanka, Eric, and Donald, Jr. “You won’t find a trace of intelligence in anything they say,” he boasted.

At a briefing for the White House press corps, the President’s press secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, denied that Trump’s war on intelligence was a new development. “Intelligence has never played a role in Donald Trump’s life,” she said.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:08 pm

The message is out. First you post Trumps ratings have crashed, and now that somehow what caused the crash is not getting out???? Makes no sense. You need a broader context when you reflect on your first gut reaction.

The tribes are all fully assembled. No one is changing their minds. All the messages sent and received. Everyone just waiting on Mueller. Contra: Nothing re Trump will change as long as he has a lock on his Republican nominating base of dedicated red cap wearers. McConnell is watching that group closely, if the Koolaide ever passes out of that Group, McConnell will start applying the checks and balances he swore to uphold. Not until then.........

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:55 pm

Damn Clinton and Obama profiting off their time in office, look at this!!!!
Oh, wait.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.c ... g-gig.html

Groening: