Trump will win!

Discussions
User avatar
OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Posts: 11960
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: Trump will win!

Post by OlegTheBatty » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:47 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:43 pm
Gord wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:31 pm
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:46 pm
Well, this is comforting:
https://www.newsweek.com/shutdown-lara- ... ll-1300775
...Lara Trump, who hosts Trump Production's Real News Update....
Wait, is that still a thing??? :shock:
Lara Trump or Real News Update?
yes.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

.......................Doesn't matter how often I'm proved wrong.................... ~ bobbo the pragmatist

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26198
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: Trump will win!

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:15 pm

Ahem. "Murder and Extremism in the United States in 2018":
2018 was a particularly active year for right-wing extremist murders: Every single extremist killing — from Pittsburgh to Parkland — had a link to right-wing extremism.
. . . all right we are two nations . . .

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 18923
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Trump will win!

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:32 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:15 pm
Ahem. "Murder and Extremism in the United States in 2018":
2018 was a particularly active year for right-wing extremist murders: Every single extremist killing — from Pittsburgh to Parkland — had a link to right-wing extremism.
No religious based killings then? 2017? or is God now right wing?........or not a killing: just early judgement?
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26198
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: Trump will win!

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:39 pm

The Trump shutdown has now lasted longer than three full scaramuccis.
. . . all right we are two nations . . .

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 18923
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Trump will win!

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:45 pm

Was the Mooch ever paid?
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
ElectricMonk
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5131
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:21 pm
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Re: Trump will win!

Post by ElectricMonk » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:01 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:45 pm
Was the Mooch ever paid?
yes, in Media Appearances.

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 34824
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: prostrate spurge
Location: Transcona

Re: Trump will win!

Post by Gord » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:36 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:43 pm
Gord wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:31 pm
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:46 pm
Well, this is comforting:
https://www.newsweek.com/shutdown-lara- ... ll-1300775
...Lara Trump, who hosts Trump Production's Real News Update....
Wait, is that still a thing??? :shock:
Apparently so, never heard of it before now.

I wonder if she sensed all those federal employees flipping her off when they heard this?
"Sense?" She's a Trump!
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5102
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am
Custom Title: Morgan de Veldt
Location: The Land Formerly Known as Pangea

Re: Trump will win!

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:03 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:39 pm
The Trump shutdown has now lasted longer than three full scaramuccis.
And apparently, has cost already, in lost economic activity, more than the $5.7B requested.

Now that Pelosi Has Spoken, it's clear that Trump will NOT be delivering the SOTU speech Tuesday night in front of a joint session of Congress. The fool was stupid enough to pick a fight on someone else's turf where he doesn't own the referee. So, who knows where he goes from here? To a strait jacket, I hope. He's getting crazy enough to merit one. As someone on CNN pointed out this afternoon, the purpose of SOTU is for the President to communicate his legislative priorities to Congress. And, such being the case, SOTU this year is superfluous anyway. Trump hasn't mentioned any priority except the WALL for the last five weeks. We know what his priority is, so let's just skip it. (As I will do in any case.)
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

Balmoral95
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3050
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:14 am
Location: The Free Nambia Healthcare Nirvana

Re: Trump will win!

Post by Balmoral95 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:20 am

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:03 am
Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:39 pm
The Trump shutdown has now lasted longer than three full scaramuccis.
And apparently, has cost already, in lost economic activity, more than the $5.7B requested.

Now that Pelosi Has Spoken, it's clear that Trump will NOT be delivering the SOTU speech Tuesday night in front of a joint session of Congress. The fool was stupid enough to pick a fight on someone else's turf where he doesn't own the referee. So, who knows where he goes from here? To a strait jacket, I hope. He's getting crazy enough to merit one. As someone on CNN pointed out this afternoon, the purpose of SOTU is for the President to communicate his legislative priorities to Congress. And, such being the case, SOTU this year is superfluous anyway. Trump hasn't mentioned any priority except the WALL for the last five weeks. We know what his priority is, so let's just skip it. (As I will do in any case.)
Does anyone really watch them? I always thought of them as a quaint constitutional custom to give a vague nod to English parliamentarianism sans wigs, robes, and tiaras....

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 18923
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Trump will win!

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:36 am

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:03 am
And, such being the case, SOTU this year is superfluous anyway. Trump hasn't mentioned any priority except the WALL for the last five weeks. We know what his priority is, so let's just skip it. (As I will do in any case.)
MSNBC just ran some clips of Trump telling NASA they had unlimited funding to Get to Mars during Trumps First Term. Second Term was too long. when an astronaut floating around the Space Station said it would take longer than that, Trump said he thought it could be done.

So.....there's two items. Three if you include investigating Hilary, and Four for investigating Cohen's Mobbed Up Father in Law. Sounds like a full schedule to me.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26198
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: Trump will win!

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:27 am

Trump backed down on the State of the Union speech tonight.
. . . all right we are two nations . . .

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 34824
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: prostrate spurge
Location: Transcona

Re: Trump will win!

Post by Gord » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:28 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:27 am
Trump backed down on the State of the Union speech tonight.
But Stephen Miller spent so much time writing it!!
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5102
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am
Custom Title: Morgan de Veldt
Location: The Land Formerly Known as Pangea

Re: Trump will win!

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:17 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:36 am
Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:03 am
And, such being the case, SOTU this year is superfluous anyway. Trump hasn't mentioned any priority except the WALL for the last five weeks. We know what his priority is, so let's just skip it. (As I will do in any case.)
MSNBC just ran some clips of Trump telling NASA they had unlimited funding to Get to Mars during Trumps First Term. Second Term was too long. when an astronaut floating around the Space Station said it would take longer than that, Trump said he thought it could be done.

So.....there's two items. Three if you include investigating Hilary, and Four for investigating Cohen's Mobbed Up Father in Law. Sounds like a full schedule to me.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I stand corrected! :oops:
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

User avatar
Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5102
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am
Custom Title: Morgan de Veldt
Location: The Land Formerly Known as Pangea

Re: Trump will win!

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:20 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:27 am
Trump backed down on the State of the Union speech tonight.
Yup, here's the official tweet announcing it:
Donald J. Trump wrote:As the Shutdown was going on, Nancy Pelosi asked me to give the State of the Union Address. I agreed. She then changed her mind because of the Shutdown, suggesting a later date. This is her prerogative - I will do the Address when the Shutdown is over.
Now, about getting the government open….he still needs to find a way to climb down from that tiger. He should never have let Limbaugh and Coulter boost him up on it. MAYBE he will learn something from that.

But this is at least a partial victory, and I daresay Trump's dainty fingers were burning as he typed it out. That eases and soothes me.
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

User avatar
Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5102
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am
Custom Title: Morgan de Veldt
Location: The Land Formerly Known as Pangea

Re: Trump will win!

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:23 am

Balmoral95 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:20 am
Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:03 am
Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:39 pm
The Trump shutdown has now lasted longer than three full scaramuccis.
And apparently, has cost already, in lost economic activity, more than the $5.7B requested.

Now that Pelosi Has Spoken, it's clear that Trump will NOT be delivering the SOTU speech Tuesday night in front of a joint session of Congress. The fool was stupid enough to pick a fight on someone else's turf where he doesn't own the referee. So, who knows where he goes from here? To a strait jacket, I hope. He's getting crazy enough to merit one. As someone on CNN pointed out this afternoon, the purpose of SOTU is for the President to communicate his legislative priorities to Congress. And, such being the case, SOTU this year is superfluous anyway. Trump hasn't mentioned any priority except the WALL for the last five weeks. We know what his priority is, so let's just skip it. (As I will do in any case.)
Does anyone really watch them? I always thought of them as a quaint constitutional custom to give a vague nod to English parliamentarianism sans wigs, robes, and tiaras....
Good question. I can speak only for myself. I never watch SOTU, political debates, political conventions, election coverage, or inaugural events. But then, I also never watch televised sports, the Parade of Roses, or the Super Bowl.

Of course, that may be partially explained by the fact that I don't own a television machine....
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26198
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: Trump will win!

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:03 pm

>> I daresay Trump's dainty fingers were burning as he typed it out. That eases and soothes me.

Probably not, more likely Individual-1 was watching FOX or talking to his goons about whacking Pelosi after they finish with Fima Shusterman. There is not much chance that Individual-1 typed a tweet using the word "prerogative," spelling it correctly in the process.

One must also recognize that this is why it was so important that Seth Moulton or Tim Ryan or anybody but Pelosi be speaker of the House. :)
. . . all right we are two nations . . .

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26198
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: Trump will win!

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:28 pm

Jeff_36 wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:24 pm
A man who fought for his country mocked and derided by acolytes of a draft dodger. What has happened to America?
Phillips never "fought for his country," to be strictly accurate about this point. He served in the Marines Corps Reserve from '72-'76 but never deployed overseas. Most of the time of his military service Phillips was a refrigeration repairperson.
. . . all right we are two nations . . .

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 34824
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: prostrate spurge
Location: Transcona

Re: Trump will win!

Post by Gord » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:30 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:03 pm
>> I daresay Trump's dainty fingers were burning as he typed it out. That eases and soothes me.

Probably not, more likely Individual-1 was watching FOX or talking to his goons about whacking Pelosi after they finish with Fima Shusterman. There is not much chance that Individual-1 typed a tweet using the word "prerogative," spelling it correctly in the process.
Yeah, I was about to point that out. Everything's spelt properly, full sentences were used, nothing was repeated, no brackets were used to insert stupid comments -- that's no Trump tweet, that's a growed-up person who went to school who typed that thing out.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has No Life
Posts: 11750
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Trump will win!

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:55 pm

Look, federal workers are just stupid. If you need money, just go to a bank or credit union and take out a loan. I’m sure Trump could give out referrals to some good (Russian) banks.
A sober appraisal would put Himmler himself in the racially average band, or to some extent even below it: his face was round rather than oval, his nose more broad than slim, his normal bearing more ‘sagging’ than erect...
Longerich: Himmler

Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?
:lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31585&p=713843#p713843

User avatar
ElectricMonk
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5131
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:21 pm
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Re: Trump will win!

Post by ElectricMonk » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:20 pm

Wilbur Ross has the distinction that, when the Revolution comes, he'll be up against the wall even before Trump or Betsy Devos.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 18923
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Trump will win!

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:56 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:23 am

Good question. I can speak only for myself. I never watch SOTU, political debates, political conventions, election coverage, or inaugural events. But then, I also never watch televised sports, the Parade of Roses, or the Super Bowl.

Of course, that may be partially explained by the fact that I don't own a television machine....
Wow.......same here. Course....years ago I watched one or two of each but came to the same appreciation you have. I think decades ago I did watch the debates on the Party Platforms, there were good arguments made there for awhile.

There is lots of good stuff on TV....................."On Demand" is an excellent function to bring up Nature, Science, History, Good Entertainment. Thats about 10 channels out of the 190 I'm forced to carry to get what I find worthwhile. Sadly, it takes more "energy" to read a book which is very much better, but I can't multi-task as I'm doing right now and read a book at the same time. Thats also the biggest hesitation I have to really getting into Virtual Reality: Can't multi-task.

pros and cons to all we do.

................all it will take, coming sooner and sooner, is for some "key service" ((air traffic control, airport check in, border patrol, court system, maybe even the Coast Guard?)) to "SICK OUT".....and the Trump Tantrum will fold.

This is what "chilling FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM" LOOKS LIKE:

................Just look now, and remember later.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 27361
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Location: sometimes

Re: Trump will win!

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:57 pm

ElectricMonk wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:20 pm
Wilbur Ross has the distinction that, when the Revolution comes, he'll be up against the wall even before Trump or Betsy Devos.
But not before Mitch...
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5102
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am
Custom Title: Morgan de Veldt
Location: The Land Formerly Known as Pangea

Re: Trump will win!

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:00 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:56 pm

................all it will take, coming sooner and sooner, is for some "key service" ((air traffic control, airport check in, border patrol, court system, maybe even the Coast Guard?)) to "SICK OUT".....and the Trump Tantrum will fold.

This is what "chilling FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM" LOOKS LIKE:

................Just look now, and remember later.
I think that's probably the best hope. Things are deteriorating fast, according to an e-mail I just received from Senator Leahy:
Patrick Leahy wrote:I have heard from many Vermonters already about the dire impacts of President Trump’s shutdown on their lives and livelihoods. Farmers cannot access loans as Agriculture Department field offices have shuttered their doors ahead of the next planting season. Our country’s National Parks are unstaffed and unsupervised, creating dangerous conditions that have already resulted in several deaths since the shutdown began. Homebuyers are finding out their Federal Housing Administration (FHA) loan applications are on hold. Food safety inspections are slowing down. The Small Business Administration has stopped issuing new business loans, and our federal courts are running out of money. And now 800,000 federal workers are struggling to get by—to pay for mortgages, cars, childcare, food, and everything else—without their paychecks.

While the nation reels from this very real shutdown crisis, President Trump attempts to distract Americans with a manufactured one—the so-called “crisis” at our southern border that he says demands a “big, beautiful wall.” The reality is that illegal border crossings are at historic lows – lower than any point since the early 1970s. Most of the illegal drugs smuggled across our southern border enter through legal ports of entry— where a wall would be totally useless. That is why the vast majority of experts agree that a wall would be ineffective at addressing the issues we need to address at our southern border.
(Not that Trump gives a damn about any suffering he causes in Vermont. Quite the contrary; it has positive value for him.)
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has No Life
Posts: 11750
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Trump will win!

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:02 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:00 pm
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:56 pm

................all it will take, coming sooner and sooner, is for some "key service" ((air traffic control, airport check in, border patrol, court system, maybe even the Coast Guard?)) to "SICK OUT".....and the Trump Tantrum will fold.

This is what "chilling FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM" LOOKS LIKE:

................Just look now, and remember later.
I think that's probably the best hope. Things are deteriorating fast, according to an e-mail I just received from Senator Leahy:
Patrick Leahy wrote:I have heard from many Vermonters already about the dire impacts of President Trump’s shutdown on their lives and livelihoods. Farmers cannot access loans as Agriculture Department field offices have shuttered their doors ahead of the next planting season. Our country’s National Parks are unstaffed and unsupervised, creating dangerous conditions that have already resulted in several deaths since the shutdown began. Homebuyers are finding out their Federal Housing Administration (FHA) loan applications are on hold. Food safety inspections are slowing down. The Small Business Administration has stopped issuing new business loans, and our federal courts are running out of money. And now 800,000 federal workers are struggling to get by—to pay for mortgages, cars, childcare, food, and everything else—without their paychecks.

While the nation reels from this very real shutdown crisis, President Trump attempts to distract Americans with a manufactured one—the so-called “crisis” at our southern border that he says demands a “big, beautiful wall.” The reality is that illegal border crossings are at historic lows – lower than any point since the early 1970s. Most of the illegal drugs smuggled across our southern border enter through legal ports of entry— where a wall would be totally useless. That is why the vast majority of experts agree that a wall would be ineffective at addressing the issues we need to address at our southern border.
(Not that Trump gives a damn about any suffering he causes in Vermont. Quite the contrary; it has positive value for him.)
The depressing thing is that rural farmers continue to support Trump. TBH I feel no sympathy for them, let them see what they voted for.
A sober appraisal would put Himmler himself in the racially average band, or to some extent even below it: his face was round rather than oval, his nose more broad than slim, his normal bearing more ‘sagging’ than erect...
Longerich: Himmler

Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?
:lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31585&p=713843#p713843

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 27361
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Location: sometimes

Re: Trump will win!

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:03 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:00 pm
...

(Not that Trump gives a damn about any suffering he causes in Vermont. Quite the contrary; it has positive value for him.)

...and his BF(s)F...
Last edited by scrmbldggs on Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5102
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am
Custom Title: Morgan de Veldt
Location: The Land Formerly Known as Pangea

Re: Trump will win!

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:03 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:55 pm
Look, federal workers are just stupid. If you need money, just go to a bank or credit union and take out a loan. I’m sure Trump could give out referrals to some good (Russian) banks.
Jesus Christ! How can anybody be that out-of-touch? Going through a credit check and waiting for a loan committee to approve, so you can buy {!#%@} GROCERIES? The mind simply refuses to take that in.
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 27361
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Location: sometimes

Re: Trump will win!

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:06 pm

Hasn't Mulvaney opened the easy doors to quick loans again? No matter how disastrous those are for the desperate.
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5102
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am
Custom Title: Morgan de Veldt
Location: The Land Formerly Known as Pangea

Re: Trump will win!

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:08 pm

Let us not forget how this wall idea arose in the first place. Trump's handlers needed some automatic response that he could always give when somebody asked him a question. The idea of a wall was simple enough that Trump could retain it, and that's how it became his Aushangeschild in the campaign.
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 18923
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Trump will win!

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:47 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:08 pm
Let us not forget how this wall idea arose in the first place. Trump's handlers needed some automatic response that he could always give when somebody asked him a question. The idea of a wall was simple enough that Trump could retain it, and that's how it became his Aushangeschild in the campaign.
How it arose is now besides the point. As the pointier point is that Trump agreed to fund the Gubment in one of his mood swings and it was Faux Spews Propaganda Personalities that are his sole news source that turned him on a dime.......Putin Like if I may slur him too. .........Hmmm...it its true, is it a slur? I don't know. Darn....I wanted less to do today, not more.

We can all blame Trump as he was a disaster from the get go.................we all need to look now and remember later: Its the Pukes in Congress NOT SUPPORTING THE CONSTITUTION SEPARATION OF POWERS that is the actual rubbing point here..................with Mitch the Scumbag in the Leading Role. I blame him more than Trump...........because Trump is a know nothing idiot: close to criminal proof because he has no mental competency....in the most sane of sane worlds. But Mitch baby is pure calculation for his personal position.

Course.............I do hate disrespect them all...........even the dumbo. Power Seeking: not attractive, even in the Best.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has No Life
Posts: 11750
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Trump will win!

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:38 pm

A sober appraisal would put Himmler himself in the racially average band, or to some extent even below it: his face was round rather than oval, his nose more broad than slim, his normal bearing more ‘sagging’ than erect...
Longerich: Himmler

Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?
:lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31585&p=713843#p713843

User avatar
Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5102
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am
Custom Title: Morgan de Veldt
Location: The Land Formerly Known as Pangea

Re: Trump will win!

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:56 pm

Along the lines of "wish-I'd-said-that," I was just now reading Klyuchevskii's "Course of Russian History" (1893), and came across the following description of a personality type (in this case, the Patriarch Nikon, who caused the Great Schism in the Russian Church), a type that seems oddly familiar. Here is Klyuchevskii's exquisite description of it:
Vasilii Osipovich Klyuchevskii wrote:Nikon was one of those people who calmly endure terrible pains, but groan and despair at a pinprick. He had the weakness possessed by people who have strength but not self-control: He was bored by quietude and unable to wait patiently for anything. He needed constant alarms, the diversion of either a bold idea or a vast undertaking, or even just an argument with an opponent. He was like a sail that reveals itself most strongly in a storm and dangles like a useless rag against the mast in calm weather.
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 18923
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Trump will win!

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:06 pm

I take such passages as 95% author application of style and joy in writing touching on the subject only at rare points.

What I find amazing is how Nikon went on to make so much money selling cameras.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26198
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: Trump will win!

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:28 pm

. . . all right we are two nations . . .

User avatar
Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5102
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am
Custom Title: Morgan de Veldt
Location: The Land Formerly Known as Pangea

Re: Trump will win!

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:38 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:06 pm
I take such passages as 95% author application of style and joy in writing touching on the subject only at rare points.

What I find amazing is how Nikon went on to make so much money selling cameras.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has No Life
Posts: 11750
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Trump will win!

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:42 pm

The winning just won’t stop:
A sober appraisal would put Himmler himself in the racially average band, or to some extent even below it: his face was round rather than oval, his nose more broad than slim, his normal bearing more ‘sagging’ than erect...
Longerich: Himmler

Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?
:lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31585&p=713843#p713843

User avatar
Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5102
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am
Custom Title: Morgan de Veldt
Location: The Land Formerly Known as Pangea

Re: Trump will win!

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:54 pm

While I'm laughing, I want to sneak in a book review. As an anniversary present from my wife, I got Jonas Jonasson's book The Further Accidental Adventures of the 100-Year-Old Man, sequel to the uproariously funny book The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Ran Away. (If you haven't read the earlier book or seen the superb movie made from it, do so at your earliest convenience!)

This one is set in 2017, and features prominently Donald J. Trump. Just to increase sales for Mr. Jonasson, I'll give you a small excerpt:
President Trump spent some moments swearing about the self-righteous Swiss before he realized he should give them a call. He picked up the phone and ordered his secretary to get him a line to the President of Switzerland on the double.

"And find out his name while you're at it," he said to the secretary, who said his name was Doris Leuthard and, given the first name, was likely a she. "Another bitch? You can bet your ass on it. Well, come on, make the call."

"It's two in the morning in Europe, sir," said the secretary.

"Good," said President Trump.

….

"Good morning, Mr. President," said Doris Leuthard. "...Did you wake me? Oh no, no worries."

"Great," said President Trump, because it's night already in Zürich, isn't it?"

Yes, President Leuthard could confirm that to be the case. Just as it was in Berne, where she was....

It turned out that President Trump preferred to shout at his Swiss colleague rather than speak to her. He asked what they were doing and whether she realized the challenge she was giving the United States by initiating a collaboration on nuclear weapons with North Korea. This was completely at odds with the sanctions against the country the EU had ratified.

When Doris Leuthard spent a little too much time drawing a breath before responding, Donald Trump went on to say that he would make sure the EU kicked Switzerland out of the union unless she withdrew all aid to that fool over there.

Now President Leuthard had no idea where to begin. How many mistakes could a presidential colleague make in such a short time?

"Well, Switzerland isn't a member of the EU, so it will be hard for you to kick us out, Mr. President. Beyond that, I'm not sure your presidential powers extend so far that you can rearrange the EU's roster of member states. Incidentally, the sanctions against North Korea are regulated by the UN, and we are a member there. If you'd like to alter that, I'll have to ask you to call and wake up Secretary General Gutteres instead."
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

User avatar
Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5102
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am
Custom Title: Morgan de Veldt
Location: The Land Formerly Known as Pangea

Re: Trump will win!

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:57 pm

Trump isn't just blinking. He's on the verge of collapse or surrender. I'm not sure which. He now says that if McConnell and Schumer can come to an agreement to open the government, he'll sign off on it. And that comes from him, in person, in public, not hearsay through Pence, which was the source of the last agreement, which Trump reneged on. OK, guys, get that bill out again, and pass it again in the form in which it passed unanimously a few weeks ago.
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26198
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: Trump will win!

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:19 pm

More Wilbur, from WaPo:
The Department of Commerce federal credit union is charging furloughed employees almost 9 percent interest on emergency loans to cover their missing paychecks, despite Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross saying Thursday that financial institutions were offering “very, very low interest rate loans to bridge people over the gap.”

“During the Government Shutdown we’re here to help our members and non-member employees of the Department of Commerce & NOAA and its affiliates, the Executive Office of the President and the White House Management and Administration Offices,” the credit union website says.

Emergency loans of up to $5,000 are available for furloughed employees with repayment terms of up to two years, the site says. Two loan officers reached at the credit union telephone number confirmed the terms, which include interest rates “as low as 8.99 percent.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... 174bdf4121
. . . all right we are two nations . . .

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has No Life
Posts: 11750
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Trump will win!

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:21 pm

Ah, Kellyanne. How I’ve missed your silliness.

A sober appraisal would put Himmler himself in the racially average band, or to some extent even below it: his face was round rather than oval, his nose more broad than slim, his normal bearing more ‘sagging’ than erect...
Longerich: Himmler

Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?
:lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31585&p=713843#p713843

User avatar
Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26198
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu
Location: still in Greater Tomainia

Re: Trump will win!

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:23 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:57 pm
Trump isn't just blinking. He's on the verge of collapse or surrender. I'm not sure which. He now says that if McConnell and Schumer can come to an agreement to open the government, he'll sign off on it.
Which is almost exactly what he said early last year in the infamous WH meeting before changing his mind on a grand immigration reform.
Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:57 pm
And that comes from him, in person, in public, not hearsay through Pence, which was the source of the last agreement, which Trump reneged on. OK, guys, get that bill out again, and pass it again in the form in which it passed unanimously a few weeks ago.
Well, Individual-1 did have Hucklechuckle try to confuse efforts to open the government:



That said, this is unraveling for Trump worse than a Rudy Giuliani interview on TV . . .
. . . all right we are two nations . . .