Trump will win!

Discussions
bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Trump will win!

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:49 pm

"And by the way, clean up the streets in San Francisco, they are disgusting!" /// A simple message appealing to the vulgar masses. I know.....but its a message "everyone" agrees with. Thats how politics ..........."works".........all too often. Don't ignore it.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:13 pm

I think that this piece by David Leonhardt in the NY Times is really good - in opening the Overton window a crack, reminding readers of a little history in the process, and soberly, realistically appraising the situation in the US.
. . . all right we are two nations . . .

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:17 pm

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:13 pm
I think that this piece by David Leonhardt in the NY Times is really good - in opening the Overton window a crack, reminding readers of a little history in the process, and soberly, realistically appraising the situation in the US.
naaa.....I don't think its "really good." It makes a basic error telegraphed by the Heading: "The Shutdown Shows the Weakness of the Resistance." I don't believe we have such nomenclature in the USA. ie: a party in power and a resistance to it. What we do have is a two party system each vying for a majority of votes in the next election.......corrupted by $$$ that it is. Nonetheless, the article is correct that so far the American Public has been taking the hit on this shutdown......the declining support for Trump being minimal so far.....but it could ignite at any time.

I don't believe it is sound public policy to think of democrats or progressives as somehow "the resistance" to Trump or the Pukes. It is the Pukes/Gingrich that really got this dynamic going with the current mess of affairs the unavoidable end game.

I'll posit the opposite recognition: its the STRENGTH of the Progressive Movement that the gubment can be shut down going on 5 weeks now and there is no movement against the Democrats to get them to cave in. THAT also is a good thing.

aka: its all definitional. Biased interests to write the articles.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:22 pm

A sober appraisal would put Himmler himself in the racially average band, or to some extent even below it: his face was round rather than oval, his nose more broad than slim, his normal bearing more ‘sagging’ than erect...
Longerich: Himmler

Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?
:lol: :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31585&p=713843#p713843

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:05 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:13 pm

FTL:
"Later a group of teenage boys from a Catholic High School in Covington, Kentucky were also there. They were in town for the March for Life, an anti-abortion march. ..... While these two very different things were happening, there was a third much smaller group of so-called “Black Israelites” – maybe half a dozen men – who had been there seemingly for most of the day haranguing both groups. One video I watched from earlier in the day shows the Black Israelites haranguing the Native American marchers for “worshipping totem poles” and in other ways needing to repent to God.
Makes me proud to be an American..............wait......................ok................yes it does. Three stupid groups "haranging" each other and FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE to do so. Brings a tear to my eye..........THE RESISTANCE: Triumphs.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:22 am

Catherine Rampell also notices "our" willingness to take it without much fightback: "And for now, at least, most of those little people are too frightened of the government’s wrath to fight back overtly. Instead, desperate to keep jobs that might someday offer them a paycheck again, the proletariat protest in more passive ways: by calling in sick in higher numbers."

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:36 am

Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:22 am
Catherine Rampell also notices "our" willingness to take it without much fightback: "And for now, at least, most of those little people are too frightened of the government’s wrath to fight back overtly. Instead, desperate to keep jobs that might someday offer them a paycheck again, the proletariat protest in more passive ways: by calling in sick in higher numbers."
Once again..........naaaaaa. Its only "smart" not to bite the hand that feeds you, when that hand is nuts to begin with. The proletariat are choosing EXACTLY the right thing to do. Only asshats with an agenda (to sell fishwrap?) would encourage people to "fight back overtly".......when that paycheck IS right around the corner. Whats wrong with these third party peanut gallery agitators?

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:39 am

Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:05 pm
And flipping again:

1.Josh Marhsall: https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/ma ... iral-video
2. Lisa Sharon Harper:

3. WaPo: https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/so ... d468c7ad25
At this point everyone would’ve been better served if their chaperones had pulled them away from the situation. They didn’t. Instead these kids stayed and caused a scene, not helped by the provocative behavior of these “Black Israelites.”

I’ve now seen both sides pull this out and spin it to whatever fits them. Frankly the whole thing disgusts me, including this school bussing them out to a politically charged rally where no good could come from having teenage boys present.

No one will learn any lessons from this.
A sober appraisal would put Himmler himself in the racially average band, or to some extent even below it: his face was round rather than oval, his nose more broad than slim, his normal bearing more ‘sagging’ than erect...

Hhhhhhhmmmmmm, is it possible that Carlo Mattogno is the greatest scholar the world has ever known?

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:16 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:39 am
At this point everyone would’ve been better served if their chaperones had pulled them away from the situation.
From those links, especially the WaPo story, it appears that the chaperones were maybe the biggest part of the problem, after the "Israelites."

The arrogant smirk on Sandman's face, and the tomahawk chops around him, say that Sandman is not being honest.

Balmoral95
Persistent Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:41 am

Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:16 am
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:39 am
At this point everyone would’ve been better served if their chaperones had pulled them away from the situation.
From those links, especially the WaPo story, it appears that the chaperones were maybe the biggest part of the problem, after the "Israelites."

The arrogant smirk on Sandman's face, and the tomahawk chops around him, say that Sandman is not being honest.
CBS news reporting the "Black Israelites" as "agitators".... Sigh, how many of all the clowns involved in this are just looking to up their rating on Instafame????

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:05 pm

Somehow the Black Israelites are sure to be described as the "left" and part of the "left's" agenda . . .

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:06 pm

Lordy, I hope there are tapes . . .
Do you—

But I can tell you, from the moment I read the [BuzzFeed] story, I knew the story was false.

Because?

Because I have been through all the tapes, I have been through all the texts, I have been through all the e-mails, and I knew none existed. And then, basically, when the special counsel said that, just in case there are any others I might not know about, they probably went through others and found the same thing.

Wait, what tapes have you gone through?

I shouldn’t have said tapes. They alleged there were texts and e-mails that corroborated that Cohen was saying the President told him to lie. There were no texts, there were no e-mails, and the President never told him to lie.

So, there were no tapes you listened to, though?

No tapes. Well, I have listened to tapes, but none of them concern this.
https://www.newyorker.com/news/the-new- ... w-buzzfeed

Rudy says a lot of things he winds up saying he shouldn't have said or didn't really mean. Rudy: "Absolutely. I am afraid it will be on my gravestone. 'Rudy Giuliani: He lied for Trump.' Somehow, I don’t think that will be it. But, if it is, so what do I care? I’ll be dead."

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:17 pm

Posting from Davos today . . . I jetted over last night :)

Cadmusteeth
Frequent Poster

Post by Cadmusteeth » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:45 pm

Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:06 pm
Lordy, I hope there are tapes . . .
Do you—

But I can tell you, from the moment I read the [BuzzFeed] story, I knew the story was false.

Because?

Because I have been through all the tapes, I have been through all the texts, I have been through all the e-mails, and I knew none existed. And then, basically, when the special counsel said that, just in case there are any others I might not know about, they probably went through others and found the same thing.

Wait, what tapes have you gone through?

I shouldn’t have said tapes. They alleged there were texts and e-mails that corroborated that Cohen was saying the President told him to lie. There were no texts, there were no e-mails, and the President never told him to lie.

So, there were no tapes you listened to, though?

No tapes. Well, I have listened to tapes, but none of them concern this.
https://www.newyorker.com/news/the-new- ... w-buzzfeed

Rudy says a lot of things he winds up saying he shouldn't have said or didn't really mean. Rudy: "Absolutely. I am afraid it will be on my gravestone. 'Rudy Giuliani: He lied for Trump.' Somehow, I don’t think that will be it. But, if it is, so what do I care? I’ll be dead."
He sure sounds like he has a big mouth.

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: Morgan de Veldt

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:49 pm

Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:17 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:

BBC is reporting this morning that 1500 (!!) corporate jets landed in Switzerland yesterday. But don't worry: Climate change will be the big item on the agenda. I know because they interviewed Sir David Attenborough.
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:57 pm

Represent us well, sir!!!!!
:lol:

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:00 pm

I hope all those dumbasses out there who didn’t vote or voted third party learned a valuable lesson in 2016. The Supreme Court just rules on Trump’s military transgender ban:
https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/01/22/politi ... cnn.com%2F

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:21 pm

The Donald weighs in:

Look at the fine young MAGA morons harassing a woman:

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:35 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:49 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:

BBC is reporting this morning that 1500 (!!) corporate jets landed in Switzerland yesterday. But don't worry: Climate change will be the big item on the agenda. I know because they interviewed Sir David Attenborough.
Yes, that is how we are: we who destroy the world are here to save it! Keep us rich and keep us in power! Only we can fix it!

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:06 pm

A Kentucky PR firm, RunSwitch, with ties to the Republican party and Mitch McConnell, handled PR for the Sandmann family and others to change public opinion regarding the incident with the Covington Catholic school kids, the Black Israelites, and American Indian elder Nathan Phillips: helping Sandmann describe events, fixing the narrative.

I wonder who's been shaping Phillips' statements, er, other than Phillips . . .

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/th ... -on-giving

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:56 pm

Covington Catholic school has closed today to advance the narrative that the smirking twerp who stood in front of Nathan Phillips is a victim of leftist oppression, er, to make sure that the kids are in a safe place.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:15 pm

This is so damn funny:
https://gizmodo.com/president-trump-pos ... 1831909849

Apparently he wants longer fingers and less of a fat ass.

:lol:

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:42 pm

...and some shoulders... :roll:

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:10 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:42 pm
...and some shoulders... :roll:

Balmoral95
Persistent Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:20 am

You do realize that this makes you a "probable member" of International Finance Jewry???? :mrgreen:

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:21 am

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:39 am

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:21 am
Sandmann's hat.
Apparently that’s OK because it is happening in person and not on-line.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/bebest/

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:04 pm

Mystery solved?
Some of Trump’s allies have suggested that Giuliani be barred from evening interviews because of concerns that he was going on TV after drinking, according to three Republicans close to the White House.
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/trum ... -headlines

One reader commenting on Rudy's most recent performance wrote, "Corpses? I shouldn't have said 'corpses.' I've seen the corpses, but they have nothing to do with this case."

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:45 pm

I suppose one needs to drink a lot to be on Trump’s legal team.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:46 pm

ElectricMonk
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Post by ElectricMonk » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:49 pm

Giuliani has dementia, no doubt.
But so does Trump.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:02 pm

We’re with you, Dan.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:05 pm

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:21 am
Sandmann's hat.
Lots of tricky issues there. I'd "hate" to be a teacher these days........or a studient.........or a parent. Ha, ha........what's left?

"Kids Are Quoting Trump To Bully Their Classmates And Teachers Don’t Know What To Do About It"

One person of color commentor on tv today said it outright: "When I see a person wearing a MAGA cap, it triggers me as would seeing a KKK cap." While that is not my reaction to a MAGA cap, I can totally see/agree with how it could be/is for other people with other life concerns/issues/threats. White privilege. Its still a thing.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: prostrate spurge

Post by Gord » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:31 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:46 pm
Well, this is comforting:
https://www.newsweek.com/shutdown-lara- ... ll-1300775
...Lara Trump, who hosts Trump Production's Real News Update....
Wait, is that still a thing??? :shock:
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:35 pm

Gord wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:31 pm
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Yep..........the alternative to shutting down the gubment over a totally symbollic ineffectual wasteful WALL==>is to do nothing. You are either with us...........or the enemy.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:43 pm

Gord wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Apparently so, never heard of it before now.

I wonder if she sensed all those federal employees flipping her off when they heard this?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:49 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:45 pm
...and never be short on "good excuses"...
Lard, save me from your followers.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:59 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:49 pm
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:45 pm
...and never be short on "good excuses"...
So, alcohol, dementia and good excuses.....sounds like a Trump lawyer!!!!

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:43 pm

Gord wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Lara Trump or Real News Update?