The Inter Mind

What you think about how you think.
SteveKlinko
Regular Poster
Posts: 995
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:14 pm

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by SteveKlinko » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:17 am

Poodle wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:45 am
SteveKlinko wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:28 pm
... Memory of the Automatic Reflex could very well exist but it would not have the motivating force that memory of Pain would have.
This is a good illustration of where you are constantly going so wrong, Steve. You make a positive statement which is actually merely your opinion. This is not an isolated case - your entire thesis is merely your opinion. You have said nothing, neither here nor on your own website, which can be ascertained as fact.
My statement was not just an Opinion. It is a Logical Conclusion. You are disputing the obvious ... that a Painless Reflex has less motivating influence on an Organism or Animal than an actual Pain Experience? Are you serious?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Debunk / Inter Mind Religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:54 am

SteveKlinko wrote: I said Motivating Force not Conscious Motivation. Doing your Lying Ellard routine again I see.
You really don't have a clue about evolution do you? :lol: :lol:

There is no "motivating force" in evolution. There is no "conscious motivation" in evolution. You simply refuse to read any basic science book on the mechanisms of evolution, so you can pretend your silly "inter mind religion" makes sense. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stop posting until you read a science book on evolution.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Debunk / Inter Mind Religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:58 am

SteveKlinko wrote: My statement was not just an Opinion. It is a Logical Conclusion.
No. You are unable to set out why you religiously claim an evolved conscious reaction is any more advantageous than an evolved innate reaction.

That's because you you refuse to read any science books on evolution. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You do realise there are more species with evolved innate reactions?

SteveKlinko
Regular Poster
Posts: 995
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:14 pm

Re: Debunk / Inter Mind Religion

Post by SteveKlinko » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:27 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:58 am
SteveKlinko wrote: My statement was not just an Opinion. It is a Logical Conclusion.
No. You are unable to set out why you religiously claim an evolved conscious reaction is any more advantageous than an evolved innate reaction.

That's because you you refuse to read any science books on evolution. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You do realise there are more species with evolved innate reactions?
Because you insist on Lying by saying what I have said is Religious, let me repeat what I actually have said.

It's a simple 3 step chain of logic:

1) The experience of Pain can increase survival rates.
2) Increased survival rates can affect Evolutionary outcomes.
3) Therefore a Conscious Experience can affect or guide Evolutionary outcomes.

Which of the items do you disagree with?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Debunk / Inter Mind Religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:37 am

Steve Klinko repeats his idiotic logic
SteveKlinko wrote: 1) The experience of Pain can increase survival rates.
2) Increased survival rates can affect Evolutionary outcomes.
3) Therefore a Conscious Experience can affect or guide Evolutionary outcomes.
The same claim can be said about any evolved quality. :lol:
1) A Tiger's evolved striped camouflage increases its survival rate
2) Increased survival rates can effect evolutionary outcomes
3) Therefore a tiger's evolved striped camouflage can affect or guide Evolutionary outcomes

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Now let us review Steve Klinko's ongoing idiocy.

A) The tigers current tiger stripes and current pain thresholds have already evolved. They already exist. They do not cause any future evolutionary changes in one direction or another.

B) Random mutations will enter the gene pool. These random new genes are not guided in anyway by the tiger's current stripes or pain thresholds. That is your false religious claim.

C) You are unable to write down any evolutionary mechanism for your "guidance" claim as it is religious BS.


Do not post again until you read a basic science book on evolution

SteveKlinko
Regular Poster
Posts: 995
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:14 pm

Re: Debunk / Inter Mind Religion

Post by SteveKlinko » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:49 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:37 am
Steve Klinko repeats his idiotic logic
SteveKlinko wrote: 1) The experience of Pain can increase survival rates.
2) Increased survival rates can affect Evolutionary outcomes.
3) Therefore a Conscious Experience can affect or guide Evolutionary outcomes.
The same claim can be said about any evolved quality. :lol:
1) A Tiger's evolved striped camouflage increases its survival rate
2) Increased survival rates can effect evolutionary outcomes
3) Therefore a tiger's evolved striped camouflage can affect or guide Evolutionary outcomes

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Now let us review Steve Klinko's ongoing idiocy.

A) The tigers current tiger stripes and current pain thresholds have already evolved. They already exist. They do not cause any future evolutionary changes in one direction or another.

B) Random mutations will enter the gene pool. These random new genes are not guided in anyway by the tiger's current stripes or pain thresholds. That is your false religious claim.

C) You are unable to write down any evolutionary mechanism for your "guidance" claim as it is religious BS.


Do not post again until you read a basic science book on evolution
An Animal with Stripes will probably end up with a different Evolutionary outcome than an Animal without Stripes. It doesn't matter how or why the Stripes first appeared. It is the fact of the Stripes existing that will Guide to a different Evolutionary outcome. The same is true for Pain. But the important thing with the Pain is that it is a Conscious Experience. We are talking about Conscious Experiences. Hate to tell you this but Stripes are not Conscious Experiences. Your argument is a pure Diversion.

User avatar
Poodle
True Skeptic
Posts: 10973
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by Poodle » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:35 pm

The animal with stripes got them via evolution. The evolution began before the stripes. Your theory is a little mistimed, Steve.
The formation of the Earth is completely responsible for all known evolution, wouldn't you say?

User avatar
landrew
Has No Life
Posts: 11686
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: Debunk / Inter Mind Religion

Post by landrew » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:58 pm

SteveKlinko wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:49 pm
An Animal with Stripes will probably end up with a different Evolutionary outcome than an Animal without Stripes. It doesn't matter how or why the Stripes first appeared. It is the fact of the Stripes existing that will Guide to a different Evolutionary outcome. The same is true for Pain. But the important thing with the Pain is that it is a Conscious Experience. We are talking about Conscious Experiences. Hate to tell you this but Stripes are not Conscious Experiences. Your argument is a pure Diversion.
No one is talking about conscious experiences except you. Both stripes and pain are genetic adaptations to the environment. Evolution is nothing but a filter. The filter favors certain genetic combinations and it removes others. Consciousness has no relevance to this process.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

User avatar
Dimebag
Regular Poster
Posts: 889
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:05 pm

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by Dimebag » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:51 pm

Poodle wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:35 pm
The formation of the Earth is completely responsible for all known evolution, wouldn't you say?
I’m not sure we know this with 100% certainty, as the organic molecules responsible for DNA might supposedly form in space. We can definitely say the earth is almost entirely responsible for the evolution of life, but even then, we need an energy source ala The Sun. I think you have to view it as a system, and in a way it is the sun which is wholly responsible, without the sun we wouldn’t have the earth, an energy source, or any building blocks from which life can emerge. Of course a habitable planet is necessary, but not sufficient. But I suppose a planet would imply already having a sun, although not in all cases; a habitable planet might be ejected from its solar system and a necessary element for formation of life would be missing.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19690
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:06 am

Dime: your last post is uncharacteristically muddled. Combining opposites is very poor craftsmanshift/thinking/review/editing.

definitely = almost????

basic building blocks can be formed from pure chemical reactions without any sun at all.

Planet does not imply sun

imply = not in all cases????

Since you take both sides of several key issues..........can't tell what you think at all.........Even if you are wrong on several points, or just misspeaking.

Low on sugar?
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
landrew
Has No Life
Posts: 11686
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by landrew » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:59 am

DNA forming in space is a particularly bizarre idea. I can't imagine its origin except perhaps from some very bad science fiction story.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

User avatar
Dimebag
Regular Poster
Posts: 889
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:05 pm

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by Dimebag » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:40 am

landrew wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:59 am
DNA forming in space is a particularly bizarre idea. I can't imagine its origin except perhaps from some very bad science fiction story.
Not DNA, building blocks.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Debunk / Inter Mind Religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:41 am

SteveKlinko wrote: An Animal with Stripes will probably end up with a different Evolutionary outcome than an Animal without Stripes.
They will all end up with different evolutionary outcomes, you complete idiot, because mutations are random. You are the religious idiot who thinks "evolution is guided" which is complete crap. :lol: :lol:

SteveKlinko wrote: It is the fact of the Stripes existing that will Guide to a different Evolutionary outcome.
If that is true, then you have destroyed your own entire claim that only the conscious experience guides evolution. You are now saying any attribute "guides" evolution. Can you see how ridiculous your religious claim is?

Please stop posting on this forum until you have read a basic science book that explains how evolution works.
Last edited by Matthew Ellard on Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dimebag
Regular Poster
Posts: 889
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:05 pm

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by Dimebag » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:56 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:06 am
Dime: your last post is uncharacteristically muddled. Combining opposites is very poor craftsmanshift/thinking/review/editing.

definitely = almost????

basic building blocks can be formed from pure chemical reactions without any sun at all.

Planet does not imply sun

imply = not in all cases????

Since you take both sides of several key issues..........can't tell what you think at all.........Even if you are wrong on several points, or just misspeaking.

Low on sugar?
I was speaking to the complexity of the issue. Would you agree that the majority of responsibility for life emerging and evolving on earth is due to the way the earth is, being of a habitable temperature, containing liquid water and an atmosphere which is supportive of the kind of life we know needs such conditions? But, wouldn’t you also agree that the sun plays an important role in providing energy to the system which allows the evaporation of oceans into clouds and eventually rain, which also helps plant life on earth grow? Maybe I didn’t construct that second sentence as clearly as I could have, and you may have been correct in assuming my state wasn’t optimal (sleep deprivation), however I think these points remain fairly undisputed.

As far as the particulars of how dna’s building blocks are formed, I am not an expert, however I do recall reading about some possibility that organic molecules can and might form in either comets or asteroids (not sure which it was). My point was that it is the formation which occurs separate from earth.

My point was, the system is complex and contingent on several factors such as the presence of a habitable planet orbiting a sun, and (speculation) organic molecules which might form separate from a planet which would then “impregnate” the habitable planet.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Debunk / Inter Mind Religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:05 am

Dimebag wrote:I’m not sure we know this with 100% certainty, as the organic molecules responsible for DNA might supposedly form in space.
Organic chemistry simply means anything to do with carbon. All carbon in the universe comes from nuclear fusion in suns and suns exploding. That's why you can't find organic life in the early universe.

That's another huge hole in Steve Klinko's religious claim, that the universe exists for organic consciousness
:lol:

User avatar
landrew
Has No Life
Posts: 11686
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by landrew » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:42 am

Dimebag wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:40 am
landrew wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:59 am
DNA forming in space is a particularly bizarre idea. I can't imagine its origin except perhaps from some very bad science fiction story.
Not DNA, building blocks.
The building blocks of DNA (nucleotides) have about as much to do with genetics as grains of sand have to do with supercomputers. Silicon (sand) is a building block of silicon used in microchips.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

User avatar
Dimebag
Regular Poster
Posts: 889
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:05 pm

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by Dimebag » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:24 pm

landrew wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:42 am
Dimebag wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:40 am
landrew wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:59 am
DNA forming in space is a particularly bizarre idea. I can't imagine its origin except perhaps from some very bad science fiction story.
Not DNA, building blocks.
The building blocks of DNA (nucleotides) have about as much to do with genetics as grains of sand have to do with supercomputers. Silicon (sand) is a building block of silicon used in microchips.
Fair point landrew. I guess you have to start somewhere.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19690
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:23 pm

I've never heard, seen, or read any report saying dna came from space. Its always building blocks or basic compounds...maybe nucleotides once in awhile............But not LIFE which is the whole point?
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19690
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:45 pm

Since you honor me with DIRECT ANSWERS, I will do the same ((Hint, Hint to all those who NEVER answer direct questions: its how you have an engaged discussion. You know who you are Matt.)):
Dimebag wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:56 am
I was speaking to the complexity of the issue.
Yeah, that is too often said about "everything,"........so.....fair enough. What it is though is a specific set of interacting conditions...........hmmmm, that is "complex" I guess. I'm just quibbling, or more complexly: looking at the words trying to find one more descriptive as complex is too generic.
Dimebag wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:56 am
Would you agree that the majority of responsibility for life emerging and evolving on earth is due to the way the earth is, being of a habitable temperature, containing liquid water and an atmosphere which is supportive of the kind of life we know needs such conditions?
Yes and no. I have to put your post through a language and science filter changing what you say, to what would be better meant? There is no "responsibility" in science. Such words lead to folks like Klinko being even more sloppy. The conditions you list are tautologies....life evolving in any location is due to the way that location is. habital temperature is another tautology. The atmosphere where life developed on Earth was TOXIC to life on Earth today. Put all your misstatements and errors together and .....yeah, I agree: ain't it great to be alive?
Dimebag wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:56 am
But, wouldn’t you also agree that the sun plays an important role in providing energy to the system which allows the evaporation of oceans into clouds and eventually rain, which also helps plant life on earth grow? Maybe I didn’t construct that second sentence as clearly as I could have, and you may have been correct in assuming my state wasn’t optimal (sleep deprivation), however I think these points remain fairly undisputed.
I don't agree with your first statement, nor this second one. In this "location" it does appear with our Goldilocks conditions, life was a natural almost unavoidable consequence.........after you add in the 15 other factors that allowed for life to start if not continue: I'm thinking mostly of having a molten iron core so that a magnetic shield could form to protect against radiation, solar wind, and so forth. I agree what you are thinking of is the most likely cause of life arising on earth...certainly its expansion onto land and its complexity.........but a second theory is purely chemical having nothing to do with the sun: those molten core, heated by friction if not atomic decay, super hot hydro vents in the ocean floor which may also be the driver of life in other locations in our own Solar System. No reason at all that BOTH mechanisms could not have taken place and even still taking place on Earth. We don't know.....so I wouldn't assume.
Dimebag wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:56 am
Maybe I didn’t construct that second sentence as clearly as I could have, and you may have been correct in assuming my state wasn’t optimal (sleep deprivation), however I think these points remain fairly undisputed.
Avoid the awkward use of weasel words..especially in seratim. You may confuse yourself and deny yourself personal standards of effective communication.

Life being seeded from space meaning some very basic building blocks is fine. Can't rule out anything that "could" happen.........and as we will NEVER know what DID happend....sure keep it on the list. I don't find it all that interesting and what most likely did happen here and would happen elsewhere, using all the elements you list, is much more satisfying to me. Its pragmatic.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Debunk / Inter Mind Religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:23 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:45 pm
Since you honor me with DIRECT ANSWERS, I will do the same ((Hint, Hint to all those who NEVER answer direct questions: its how you have an engaged discussion. You know who you are Matt.
1) I answered you questions. You didn't answer mine.
2) I actually bother to look things up. You don't


"NASA Researchers: DNA Building Blocks Can Be Made in Space"

"NASA-funded researchers have evidence that some building blocks of DNA, the molecule that carries the genetic instructions for life, found in meteorites were likely created in space. The research gives support to the theory that a "kit" of ready-made parts created in space and delivered to Earth by meteorite and comet impacts assisted the origin of life."

https://www.nasa.gov/topics/solarsystem ... rites.html

User avatar
Dimebag
Regular Poster
Posts: 889
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:05 pm

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by Dimebag » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:54 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:45 pm
There is no "responsibility" in science. Such words lead to folks like Klinko being even more sloppy. The conditions you list are tautologies....life evolving in any location is due to the way that location is. habital temperature is another tautology. The atmosphere where life developed on Earth was TOXIC to life on Earth today. Put all your misstatements and errors together and .....yeah, I agree: ain't it great to be alive?
Fair point, I’ll attempt to improve my usage of such wordings when speaking of such things.
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Avoid the awkward use of weasel words..especially in seratim. You may confuse yourself and deny yourself personal standards of effective communication.
Not sure how I came across that way, I will attempt to improve my communication skills.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19690
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:09 am

matt: you dissemble so. But its nice to see the issue has your attention although it may be tissue thin. We'll see.

I could go back and make a further list of RELEVANT direct questions you refuse to answer for in doing so you reveal your frailties as a human being....but, I'll just wait for the same or similar issues to get repeated. You are quite reliable that way.

ehhhhhay..........the forum is slow, so lets take the way back machine and touch upon what you just posted as well?

Quote the Ellard: 2) I actually bother to look things up. You don't
When did you look up the Espionage Act and observe it was one page long with Nine Sections and when I described it as such you challenged me that I had not read it? The only reasonable inference is that you had not read it yourself............or you have an incredibly short attention span.

3. You have referenced the Assange charges many times stating with authority that he should stand trial for violating the Espionage act, BUT those charges are under seal. How do you know what is in sealed charges?

4. Another readily apparent situation is that you HAVE NOT READ anything about the Pentagon Papers Case because that case fits very well, not perfectly well but perhaps with even greater applicability, with insulating Assange against ANY CHARGES WHATSOEVER as his activities were those of the Free Press keeping watchdog over the USA gubment. Have you read the Pentagon Papers Case Matt? Why does it not support not bringing charges at all against Assange?

5. I know this will be tricky for you but "If the PP did apply in full" to dismissing any and all charges against Assange, wouldn't Due Process apply to not bring any charges at all? You know: not using the "law" as an in terrorum kangeroo court technique to chill all press reporting on the secrets and lies of our gubment.

...............and there are so many more direct questions put to you that you in your words: "....run away from." Quite the sprinter you are Matt.

amuse us and answer a few...........not with misdirection and counter questions, ab hominems, and name calling, but rather.... you know: directly.

Go=============================================>
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:17 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote: matt: you dissemble so.
Yes Bobbo. You do not answer my questions. I answer your questions. You incorrectly claim the exact opposite as you are getting more confused over time. This started becoming more apparent when you became unable to format your posts and your words appeared in my blue.

If you want to talk about Assange and the Espionage Act, then do so in that thread. You are confused again and are currently in the Inter mind thread. :lol: :lol: :lol:

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19690
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:22 am

derp.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19690
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:28 am

Actually, only since it is "RIGHT THERE".......you have refused to answer MOST questions ever put to you. And now, you are indeed lying with the evidence against you RIGHT THERE........LOOK at the post just above your last reply. FOUR relevant questions you have refused to answer 3-4 or more times.

Why you can't admit to your own failings...............is just another failing on your list. RECOGNIZING mistakes/misstatements/over emphasis is how we learn to avoid them..........OR........IN FAILING THAT, to mischaracterize, dissemble, divert.......and then finally lying about it.

answer the questions Matt. They are right there.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Debunk / Inter Mind Religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:36 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote: answer the questions Matt. They are right there.
I have answered the questions in the Assange thread. You are posting in the wrong thread which is about Steve Klinko's religion. I suggest that you stop posting after sundown when you confusion gets worse.

"Sundowning, or sundown syndrome, is a neurological phenomenon associated with increased confusion and restlessness in patients with delirium or some form of dementia. ... Sundowning seems to occur more frequently during the middle stages of Alzheimer's disease and mixed dementia."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sundowning

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19690
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:49 am

Dimebag wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:54 am
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Avoid the awkward use of weasel words..especially in seratim. You may confuse yourself and deny yourself personal standards of effective communication.
Not sure how I came across that way, I will attempt to improve my communication skills.
In an abundance of goodwill, weasel words are those that try for a pseudosophistication/consideration but fall way short. Here are your examples:
Dimebag wrote: ↑
Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:56 pm
Maybe I didn’t construct that second sentence as clearly as I could have, and you may have been correct in assuming my state wasn’t optimal (sleep deprivation), however I think these points remain fairly undisputed.
"maybe" then "may have been". MUCH BETTER: remove them for clear communication and thinking on your part. There was no maybe about it, no may have been about it.

Just look.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19690
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Debunk / Inter Mind Religion

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:53 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:36 am
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote: answer the questions Matt. They are right there.
I have answered the questions in the Assange thread. You are posting in the wrong thread which is about Steve Klinko's religion. I suggest that you stop posting after sundown when you confusion gets worse.

"Sundowning, or sundown syndrome, is a neurological phenomenon associated with increased confusion and restlessness in patients with delirium or some form of dementia. ... Sundowning seems to occur more frequently during the middle stages of Alzheimer's disease and mixed dementia."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sundowning
It takes two to build a sidetrack and move the train over to it. amusing how you project your errors onto other people. At least you have spotted some relevant issues but apparently sundowning occurs in Oz during the day time as well?
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Debunk / Inter Mind Religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:17 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
It takes two to build a sidetrack [/quote] It only took one of me to move the off topic posts to the right thread. :lol:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote: amusing how you project your errors onto other people.
I didn't make any errors. :lol:

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19690
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Debunk / Inter Mind Religion

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:24 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:17 am
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
It takes two to build a sidetrack
It only took one of me to move the off topic posts to the right thread.[/quote]b Quite right. You post as if your latter point contradicts my former one. It doesn't.
Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:17 am
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote: amusing how you project your errors onto other people.
I didn't make any errors. :lol:
Ha, ha.........your contributions on the Monument to Courage are nothing but errors. If you ever answered a direct question, you'd see it yourself and stop doing it. Here I am on the side track.........you gonna complete it?
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Debunk / Inter Mind Religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:47 am

Gee Bobbo, You are really struggling with the forum formats tonight. Senility must be a real bummer for you.

Try to post about Assange in the Assange thread or ask the ward nurse to give you a hand. :lol: :lol: :lol:

mack_10
Poster
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:30 am

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by mack_10 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:02 am

Perhaps to redirect back to the argument...

How is evolution supposed to work in organisms that do not feel pain or have any form of 'consciousness' like plants, fungi, protozoa, bacteria, viruses, you know the other four kingdoms that represent the bulk of living things on Earth?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Debunk / Inter Mind Religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:12 am

mack_10 wrote: How is evolution supposed to work in organisms that do not feel pain or have any form of 'consciousness' like plants, fungi, protozoa, bacteria, viruses, you know the other four kingdoms that represent the bulk of living things on Earth?
Steve Klinko, makes home stereo components. He is trying to make money selling t-shirts. In 2012 he wrote a silly religious manifesto called "The Inter mind". It is full of hilarious science errors.

In 2018 Steve Klinko tried to start a discussion about it here and that's why this thread exists.

Steve Klinko claims that because animals see "red" in their heads to interpret specific electro-magnetic frequencies there must be another magical dimension as red is an imagined thing and not real. We pointed out to Steve that DNA can only produce proteins and cannot create "inter dimensional portals".

As you have guessed, Steve Klinko refuses to read any science books as it would contaminate his enlightenment.
:lol:

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Debunk / Inter Mind Religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:49 am

mack_10 wrote: How is evolution supposed to work in organisms that do not feel pain or have any form of 'consciousness' like plants, fungi, protozoa, bacteria, viruses, you know the other four kingdoms that represent the bulk of living things on Earth?
Steve Klinko had not heard of "innate behaviour" before posting here in 2018. He also didn't know plants and other micro organisms evolved before animals. :D

Here is a link to his crazy manifesto.
http://www.theintermind.com/

Steve makes up electrical parts for home stereos, using PCBs ( printed circuit boards). One of the funniest parts of his "manifesto" is that his flow charts all look like printed circuit board illustrations. Yet Steve denies anything is flowing. ) :D

mack_10
Poster
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:30 am

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by mack_10 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:51 pm

Thankyou Mathew
I have read his "manifesto", I think you will find those are state diagrams not flowcharts
I do have a follow up question
Why are people taking this muddled mishapen nonsense seriously? The ad for T-shirts in the middle, and the attempt to add god at the end make a random collage of pseudoscience laughable. Are you sure he is not just trying to be funny?

User avatar
Cadmusteeth
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1313
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: USA

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by Cadmusteeth » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:33 pm

The thread dedicated to "Addressing the Physicalist Delirium" would make him pretty dedicated to a joke.
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=29840

User avatar
landrew
Has No Life
Posts: 11686
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am
Location: Fox Meadows

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by landrew » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:22 pm

mack_10 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:51 pm
Are you sure he is not just trying to be funny?
Absolutely, without a doubt.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

SteveKlinko
Regular Poster
Posts: 995
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:14 pm

Re: Debunk / Inter Mind Religion

Post by SteveKlinko » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:30 pm

landrew wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:58 pm
SteveKlinko wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:49 pm
An Animal with Stripes will probably end up with a different Evolutionary outcome than an Animal without Stripes. It doesn't matter how or why the Stripes first appeared. It is the fact of the Stripes existing that will Guide to a different Evolutionary outcome. The same is true for Pain. But the important thing with the Pain is that it is a Conscious Experience. We are talking about Conscious Experiences. Hate to tell you this but Stripes are not Conscious Experiences. Your argument is a pure Diversion.
No one is talking about conscious experiences except you. Both stripes and pain are genetic adaptations to the environment. Evolution is nothing but a filter. The filter favors certain genetic combinations and it removes others. Consciousness has no relevance to this process.
This whole thread is about Conscious Experiences. I think you are falling prey to all the Distractions that people are throwing up.

SteveKlinko
Regular Poster
Posts: 995
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:14 pm

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by SteveKlinko » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:33 pm

Poodle wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:35 pm
The animal with stripes got them via evolution. The evolution began before the stripes. Your theory is a little mistimed, Steve.
The formation of the Earth is completely responsible for all known evolution, wouldn't you say?
But the Stripes, in and of themselves, affect the future Evolution of the Animal.

SteveKlinko
Regular Poster
Posts: 995
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:14 pm

Re: The Inter Mind

Post by SteveKlinko » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:48 pm

mack_10 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:51 pm
Thankyou Mathew
I have read his "manifesto", I think you will find those are state diagrams not flowcharts
I do have a follow up question
Why are people taking this muddled mishapen nonsense seriously? The ad for T-shirts in the middle, and the attempt to add god at the end make a random collage of pseudoscience laughable. Are you sure he is not just trying to be funny?
I'm not trying to be funny, but some of the people on this thread are consistently good for a laugh.