It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Where no two people are likely to agree.
Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: Morgan de Veldt

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:07 pm

But good news! (If you don't read German, it says, "Nevertheless, Mexico has now assumed the cost of the Wall.")
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: My nightmare

Post by Gord » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:49 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:07 pm
But good news! (If you don't read German, it says, "Nevertheless, Mexico has now assumed the cost of the Wall.")
Is that Kanye?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:21 am

Here y'all go, American readers: https://www.needtoimpeach.com/

:innocent:
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:24 am

Trump supporting government workers are 100%! behind his demands and actions, 100%!! for that sorely needed wall to be built!!! - if the shutdown wasn't affecting them, too. So, no. Please keep it short, end it now, will ya? I wouldn't be asking, if it didn't affect me and my family. Totally support it otherwise, but no, not like this...with us in the mix...

Makes you wanna cry, no?
Lard, save me from your followers.

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:49 am

Gord wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:49 pm
Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Is that Kanye?
I dunno. I don't keep up with celebrities. Could be.
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Post by OlegTheBatty » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:57 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:49 am
Gord wrote:
Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Is that Kanye?
I don't either. Most I can say is that it is not his wife.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:06 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:57 pm
Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:49 am
Gord wrote:
Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Is that Kanye?
I don't either. Most I can say is that it is not his wife.
Melania or Kim?
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:21 pm

:hmm: I think that brick thing was said about Iwanka.

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:29 am

So, where are we? We have the man who steered through the Senate 50 bills repealing the Affordable Care Act (see above), knowing that it would be vetoed 50 times, now saying that he needs assurance in advance that Trump will sign the bill that the Senate passed unanimously a few weeks ago. In fact, McConnell does NOT know that Trump would veto this bill. Nobody EVER knows what Trump will do. Trump badly needs an excuse to climb down off the tiger’s back, and McConnell could provide it if only he would. A majority vote in the Senate might (who knows?) penetrate the bubble that Trump lives in and give his speech writers a way to spin the fact that he is caving on this issue. The combination of evil intentions and hidebound ignorance and arrogance that is McConnell has no match that I have seen during my lifetime.

And meanwhile, Nancy Pelosi is once again proving that she is tone deaf to political language, blathering on about Trump's insensitivity to the needs of diverse people. Goddammit, Nancy! Just SAY that there is not and has not been any crisis at the southern border, that the number of people from Mexico and Central America living illegally in the United States started decreasing when Obama became President and is now smaller by one million than it was ten years ago. Just SAY that Democrats have always voted for reasonable border security, but the Wall is simply a boondoggle that will be dreadfully expensive and WON'T WORK.

Again, meanwhile, Hickabee tried to get her mouthpiece Fox News to ramp up of fear of terrorism by claiming that "4,000 suspected terrorists" were stopped at the southern border over the past two years. She got her ass handed to her in a sling, as even Fox News knew better. Not ONE of those "4,000 suspected terrorists" was stopped at the southern border. They were, one and all, caught in AIRPORTS. But Hickabee with a lie is like a bulldog with a bone. She refused to give it up. And what is a "suspected terrorist"? It's anybody who comes from a country Trump doesn't like. (Not Saudi Arabia, by the way, where the 9/11 terrorists came from. Our buddies the Saudis wouldn't ever be terrorists.)

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:46 pm

HEY!!!!-----This is only the start of a good rant. Where are the other six pages? Well, gotta work with what ya got:
Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:29 am
So, where are we? We have the man who steered through the Senate 50 bills repealing the Affordable Care Act (see above), knowing that it would be vetoed 50 times, now saying that he needs assurance in advance that Trump will sign the bill that the Senate passed unanimously a few weeks ago. In fact, McConnell does NOT know that Trump would veto this bill. Nobody EVER knows what Trump will do. Trump badly needs an excuse to climb down off the tiger’s back, and McConnell could provide it if only he would.
Its pretty clear to me. Just oh so con-ven-i-ent to have Trump in the White House so obviously craaaaazy and easy to blame all the bad policies on. But ..... when you have veto proof legislation ready to go and you don't vote it forward......why .........that is your OWN EVIL on display.

I mean: just look.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:51 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:29 am
...there is not and has not been any crisis at the southern border....
Trump's threat to declare a national emergency in order to get the military to build the Trump wall might be unconstitutional: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 14656.html
...Though it is unclear what exactly Mr Trump has in mind, Bruce Ackerman, a professor of law at Yale, says any move to use the military to build a wall would be illegal and would put service members at risk of committing a federal crime....
Maybe.

But it would put service members in the awkward position of having to decide whether to obey the Presdidn't or obey the law.
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

TJrandom
Has No Life

Post by TJrandom » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:58 pm

Surely Trump would not have the military do the construction... I mean, how would he get his cut?

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:24 pm

He'll just skim it off the bottom, like he always does.
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:39 am

OMGWTF is happening.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... 59f538dc2f
Trump’s Syria withdrawal (if there is one), explained

...President Trump made a surprise announcement last month that the Islamic State militant group had been defeated in Syria and that U.S. troops in the country would be coming home....

...The White House later confirmed that the United States would move quickly to withdraw all its forces from Syria. “They’re all coming back, and they’re coming back now,” Trump said in a video message....

...In a tweet on Monday, Trump claimed that the new timetable is “no different from my original statements.” He added: “We will be leaving at a proper pace while at the same time continuing to fight ISIS and doing all else that is prudent and necessary!”...
Yeah, sure.

Don't forget that Trump's announcement to screw the pooch I mean pull out of Syria was probably made to cover his fake charity having to dissolve for legal reasons:

Dec 18 -- https://www.npr.org/2018/12/18/67777895 ... estigation

Dec 19 -- https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... 44462bcc67
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:16 am

Gord wrote: OMGWTF is happening.

."President Trump made a surprise announcement last month that the Islamic State militant group had been defeated in Syria and that U.S. troops in the country would be coming home...."
At first, I thought this was Trump, thinking on his own, simply coming up with a distraction to domestic US problems. I thought that because Trump's own advisers resigned.

However, then, in less that a week, the Kurds had a Russian brokered truce with the Syrian government, where Syrian government and Russian forces would advance into Kurd held territory to stop the Turks attacking the Kurds.

That was a little too fast to be spontaneous. I wonder who suggested to Trump that he pull USA troops from Syria. I have no idea.. I think someone in his team is still talking to Russia.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:16 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:16 am
I wonder who suggested to Trump that he pull USA troops from Syria. I have no idea.. I think someone in his team is still talking to Russia.
Too many of his ramblings echoing Russian revisionist propaganda seem to point that way. (But apparently he also had just gotten off the phone chatting with Erdogan...)

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:36 am

btw, this is (similar to) how we got "the wall"

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:33 am

Thanks, Steve.
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:15 am

Didcha watch "Steve" when Trump announced he wouldn't need Congress (min 8:30-ish)? :lol:

(btw, Steve is the voice in his b-tooth filling ear piece. Bannon never really left the building... ;) )

TJrandom
Has No Life

Post by TJrandom » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:14 am

By 'they are all coming back', I think he meant ISIS fighters...

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:18 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Gord wrote: OMGWTF is happening.

."President Trump made a surprise announcement last month that the Islamic State militant group had been defeated in Syria and that U.S. troops in the country would be coming home...."
At first, I thought this was Trump, thinking on his own, simply coming up with a distraction to domestic US problems. I thought that because Trump's own advisers resigned.

However, then, in less that a week, the Kurds had a Russian brokered truce with the Syrian government, where Syrian government and Russian forces would advance into Kurd held territory to stop the Turks attacking the Kurds.

That was a little too fast to be spontaneous. I wonder who suggested to Trump that he pull USA troops from Syria. I have no idea.. I think someone in his team is still talking to Russia.
Me too. I didn't hear about the Syrian-Kurd truce. That changes the picture considerably.

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:18 pm

TJrandom wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:14 am
By 'they are all coming back', I think he meant ISIS fighters...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:20 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:16 am
Matthew Ellard wrote:
I wonder who suggested to Trump that he pull USA troops from Syria. I have no idea.. I think someone in his team is still talking to Russia.
Too many of his ramblings echoing Russian revisionist propaganda seem to point that way. (But apparently he also had just gotten off the phone chatting with Erdogan...)
But now Bolton has said that they WON'T all be coming home. It looks like even the majority of them will stay right there, to hold the Iranians in check (or so they claim).

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:40 pm

How's that again???
Politico wrote: More than 800,000 federal workers are currently not getting paid — roughly 350,000 remain on the job without pay — with their first missed paycheck coming later this week.
Actually, it WON'T be coming....

TJrandom
Has No Life

Post by TJrandom » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:58 pm

When the dems finally get the government being paid for working, it would be good if they could back-pay the workers who were affected.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:56 am

TJrandom wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:58 pm
When the dems finally get the government being paid for working, it would be good if they could back-pay the workers who were affected.
pros and cons to all we do. What ought to be is "the rule" be clear and constant regarding back pay. Its interesting to me internally to go back and forth on the issue. Basically........is Federal Employment a real job in a capitalist system, or a form of welfare? pros and cons.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:28 am

TJrandom wrote:
They absolutely will, and the Republicans will gladly go along with it. Everybody agrees about that. Even Trump is engaging in illegal shenanigans to keep paychecks coming to employees of the IRS.

TJrandom
Has No Life

Post by TJrandom » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:47 am

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:28 am
TJrandom wrote:
They absolutely will, and the Republicans will gladly go along with it. Everybody agrees about that. Even Trump is engaging in illegal shenanigans to keep paychecks coming to employees of the IRS.
Wouldn't want an irate IRS employee, would he... ;)

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:32 pm

TJrandom wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:47 am
Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:28 am
TJrandom wrote:
Wouldn't want an irate IRS employee, would he... ;)
Nope! His tax returns might "accidentally" get leaked.

More importantly, though, WHAT ABOUT THE COAST GUARD? It is funded by Homeland Security, which means its personnel are now working without pay. When it comes to drugs, nobody interdicts more than the Coast Guard. (As it happens, this would be an excellent time to watch once again Clear and Present Danger, starring Harrison Ford, with some guy who bears an astonishing resemblance to Robert Mueller playing the President.) Trump needs a "clear and present danger," and he's likely to get away with declaring a state of emergency, since the House and Senate would have to vote by veto-proof majorities to nullify such a declaration. Is he truly that reckless? And will "his" court system allow him this abuse of power? Stay tuned...

TJrandom
Has No Life

Post by TJrandom » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:12 pm

What? Build a wall along the coasts too? ;)

And at the ends of international airport runways? :?

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:37 pm

Remember, you heard it here first! Ahem....
Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:14 pm
Did Trump think of this when he shut down the government? This will definitely only get worse. People who are furloughed can flip hamburgers at McDonalds to keep paying their rent. But those being forced to work without pay are eventually going to say, "{!#%@} this job!" I've got to pay my bills. Trump is the guy who swore he'd keep us safe; let's see how he rationalizes this.

About my first question: The answer is obvious. The moron doesn't ever think through the consequences of his actions.
And now, we're beginning to hear that TSA screeners are quitting in significant numbers:
USA Today wrote:Thomas warned that the situation poses a "massive security risk for American travelers since we don't have enough trainees in the pipeline or the ability to process new hires."

“Our officers have undergone a tremendous amount of training and taken an oath to protect this country,” he added. “They are highly specialized in screening passengers and do so better than any private contractor, but we’re risking losing them by offering no pay for long hours and dangerous work...”

At the very least, Thomas said the shutdown will mean increased wait times for travelers going through security checkpoints.
Gee, I'm amazed at how easy it is to become a prophet these days,...., well, a Prophet of Doom, at least.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:46 pm

TJrandom wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:12 pm

"Those runways just got ten feet higher."
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life

Post by OlegTheBatty » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:54 pm

Gord wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:46 pm
TJrandom wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:12 pm

"Those runways just got ten feet higher."
The runway walls need to be flexible, so that they can rise up and prevent aircraft with illegals aboard from landing, then lowering to allow aircraft with only the best people to land.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

TJrandom
Has No Life

Post by TJrandom » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:57 pm

Maybe Pelosi should cave in on this - and give Trump his wall - around the White House. And for enhanced security - no doorways.

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:21 pm

What to do when the furlough strikes! (Spoiler: Don't strike, even if you're not being paid and are being forced to work.) I just love that little bit that says, if you manage to get some of your debts forgiven, please remember that any amount over $600 that you no longer have to pay will be considered income, and you'll have to pay taxes on it. Mustn't forget that our primary obligation isn't to our families; it's to the IRS.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:25 pm

NBC News
@NBCNews Отговор до @NBCNews

Fact check: Dozens of Democrats, including Senate Minority Leader Schumer did vote for the Secure Fence Act of 2006, which authorized building a fence along about 700 miles of the border between the US and Mexico.
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Poodle
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Post-bloom

Post by Poodle » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:52 pm

,,, which, I read, made no difference whatsoever.

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life

Post by OlegTheBatty » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:07 am

Poodle wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:52 pm
,,, which, I read, made no difference whatsoever.
Not so sure about that . . . I heard that some rattlesnake wrote an op-ed piece about it obstructing his view. . .

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:21 am

oh goody.PNG
Joy.

"Debt collectors may not contact you at work if they know your employer disapproves."

Soooo they can do it until your employer finds out, manages to contact them, and lets them know to stop. You can't just say "my employer disapproves" because that's just hearsay.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:02 am

gorgeous wrote: Fact check: Dozens of Democrats, including Senate Minority Leader Schumer did vote for the Secure Fence Act of 2006, which authorized building a fence along about 700 miles of the border between the US and Mexico.
What was else was in that bill, demanded by the Democrats, that you purposefully left out
gorgeous wrote: @NBCNews Отговор до @NBCNews
"B отговор до @NBCNews" is a Russian Trump propagandist you complete idiot. :lol: :lol: :lol: