Faith Healers Like Randy Clark

General discussion on the subject of religion, losing religion, and having no religion to lose...
SEG
Poster
Custom Title: The Deacon of Doubt

Faith Healers Like Randy Clark

Post by SEG » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:34 am

It looks like Christian faith healing is going through a revival. Has anyone seen The Delia Knox Story Testimony, Randy Clark or Healing Testimony Bethel Church? My employee sent me these anecdotal "evidences", convinced they are the real deal. Has anyone experienced a rising in Faith Healing? I pointed him to The Faith Healers book from James Randi https://www.amazon.com.au/Faith-Healers ... 0879755350 and the Derren Brown movie Miracles For Sale https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1950134/
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Faith Healers Like Randy Clark

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:43 am

True or False?: You can find anything you want to on the internet of things?
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

SEG
Poster

Post by SEG » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:49 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:43 am
True or False?: You can find anything you want to on the internet of things?
False of course! Randy Clark uses the old "leg lengthening tricks" and the other wheelchair healing I'm pretty sure is a brain injury recovery after 22 years of being wheelchair bound after I researched it. None have any medical evidence offered, though I'm not sure whether MS can be cured as displayed, or even "corrected" by any sort of faith healing. Maybe some psychosomatic or placebo effect, but that's it as far as I know. I was more asking if Christian faith healing is increasing or not?
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:17 am

Yeap. The real test for Jeebus was to grow a new arm.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

TJrandom
Has No Life
Custom Title: Salt of the earth

Post by TJrandom » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:45 am

I have a lot of faith in healers - misguided no doubt. More in a few days in the oilin/grinding threads...

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: prostrate spurge

Post by Gord » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:52 am

SEG wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:49 am
I was more asking if Christian faith healing is increasing or not?
It waxes and wanes. I do think it might be on the increase at the moment, but I haven't been following it very closely.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

SEG
Poster

Post by SEG » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:09 am

Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:17 am
Yeap. The real test for Jeebus was to grow a new arm.
Yes, and why would God need a conduit like Randy Clark or Benny Hinn to showcase his awesome healing powers? Or have magicians show it up as a scam?

SEG
Poster

Post by SEG » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:16 am

The Delia Knox one was not so straight forward. She was supposedly in a wheelchair for 22 years, then got faith healing and was able to walk. She unfortunately doesn't tell us that she had a permanent spinal incurable spinal injury in which walking was impossible and instead it may have been a brain injury which resolved by it self. See her slip up at about 00:40 here:

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:27 am

You know..........as anti-religious as I am, I still would say its kinda unfair to make these scams the responsibility of God, the Son, the Holy Ghost, their representatives on Earth and so forth.................Ha, ha........although, just saying that makes me think of their own frauds that were actually much worse.

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM: leaving other people alone. This includes the gods. Just go way......leave us alone.

SEG
Poster

Post by SEG » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:59 pm

Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:27 am
You know..........as anti-religious as I am, I still would say its kinda unfair to make these scams the responsibility of God, the Son, the Holy Ghost, their representatives on Earth and so forth.................Ha, ha........although, just saying that makes me think of their own frauds that were actually much worse.

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM: leaving other people alone. This includes the gods. Just go way......leave us alone.
Yes, and why would any god need these special conduits to his or her awesome powers of healing? Why not heal everyone? Especially the ones that need healing the most and don't ever get chosen to come on stage.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Re: Fake Healers Like Randy Clark

Post by scrmbldggs » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:57 pm

SEG wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:59 pm
...why would any god need these special conduits to his or her awesome powers of healing?...
According to them, he doesn't. And that makes the whole fake healing lot false Messiahs. :-P
Lard, save me from your followers.

SEG
Poster

Post by SEG » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:52 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:57 pm
SEG wrote:
...why would any god need these special conduits to his or her awesome powers of healing?...
According to them, he doesn't. And that makes the whole fake healing lot false Messiahs. :-P
Even the ones that have been wheelchair bound for 22 years and now can prance around on 4" high heels?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:50 pm

SEG wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:52 pm
scrmbldggs wrote:
SEG wrote:
Even the ones that have been wheelchair bound for 22 years and now can prance around on 4" high heels?
...and apparently hardly age. Hey, maybe all that dropping, flopping and flipping shook something loose? :-P
Lard, save me from your followers.

SEG
Poster

Post by SEG » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:47 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
SEG wrote:
Yeah fake messiahs and with some getting very, very rich at the expense of the desperate souls that are being fleeced by this scum. I'm going to try using this analogy on my faith healer believing employee:

Gullible people witnessing a magician on stage pulling a rabbit out of an empty hat. Are they witnessing magic that is breaking the laws of nature, or is it sleight of hand? What this audience doesn't see is the hat, and the surface it is placed on, will have a hidden opening in them, through which the rabbit stored in a compartment in the table or chest can be pulled. So yes, the crowd are eyewitnesses, but they are being duped by what they can't see and a clever, devious magician. Then explain that people that attend faith healing are being duped by magic tricks too, as there is never viable medical proof produced, only theatrics and far fetched anecdotal evidence. I enjoyed watching James Randi et al explain how they do it. One postman he sets up as an audience member gets healed for 9 times for non-existent ailments and even gets "healed" 3 x for ovarian cancer!

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:25 pm

Are you describing Faith Healers............or Gawd? I can't tell the difference.

SEG
Poster

Post by SEG » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:23 pm

Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:25 pm
Are you describing Faith Healers............or Gawd? I can't tell the difference.
Yes, they are both leading the gullible. Only problem is that Faith Healers aren't imaginary!