Trump will win!

Discussions
Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Re: Trump will win!

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:50 pm

Yep. Still have two more years to go...
Also, Donald Trump is a clownfraud who only got involved in this for the attention.

Deadspin, 2014:
https://deadspin.com/there-are-just-two ... 1613879544

Jeff_36
Has More Than 5K Posts
Location: At the hundredth meridian, where the great plains begin

Post by Jeff_36 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:44 pm

It feels like two full terms have gone by...

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:35 pm

LOL, yeah, more than that. Feels like 10.
Also, Donald Trump is a clownfraud who only got involved in this for the attention.

Deadspin, 2014:

blake121666
Poster

Post by blake121666 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:38 am

The originator of this thread is running for mayor!

I think SM has peeps in Boston. Get out the vote for your buddy Rizoli for mayor!

EDIT: BTW, this is off-topic but someone needs to inform the user "Goody67" that he should not agree that 1.5 million Jews were sent to the "the Russian East" as in the Korherr Report. He sent me 2 PMs telling me I was "off your [my] rocker" for my telling him that in the reply to him! :lol:

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:52 am

LOL, somehow I’m not surprised. Jim never disappoints.

Deadspin, 2014:

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: Morgan de Veldt

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:53 am

So, maybe time, two years on, to do a preliminary review on that ghost-written inaugural speech, so full of meaningless phrases about not ignoring the people and amounting to an idolatrous worship of the United States that he must have learned from Sean Hannity (or someone of similarly degraded mind). Let's begin and see how those things are working out:
Donald J. Trump wrote: America will start winning again, winning like never before.

We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth. And we will bring back our dreams.
True, the jobs are increasing, but then they were increasing before he took office, and unemployment was close to minimal already. But "bring back our borders"??? Where did they ever go? Oh, I know, he means we'll make them more secure, but at this point, two years on, it's been one fiasco after another. (All someone else's fault according to Trump's sock puppet Kirstjen Nielsen; it's always someone else's fault when Trump fails.) And "bring back our dreams"? WTF!!! Does that mean ANYTHING AT ALL?
Donald J. Trump wrote: We will build new roads, and highways, and bridges, and airports, and tunnels, and railways all across our wonderful nation.
Uh, Donny, baby, we're still waiting on this one. Oh yeah, I forgot. There's no money to do it, since after a whole year of screwups you FINALLY got John McCain's vote to give away the treasury to your wealthy donors.
Donald J. Trump wrote: We will get our people off of welfare and back to work - rebuilding our country with American hands and American labour.
Ignoring the fact that your ghost writer revealed himself to be British in this sentence, all you reveal here is the typical stupid, uninformed prejudice that people on welfare WON'T work, despite there never, in all these decades, having been the slightest bit of evidence to support that prejudice.
Donald J. Trump wrote: We will follow two simple rules: Buy American and hire American.
Outside of the fact that the principle itself is idiotic (all countries benefit by buying from and selling to one another), we aren't doing that now. Even your MAGA hats were made in China.
Donald J. Trump wrote: We will seek friendship and goodwill with the nations of the world - but we do so with the understanding that it is the right of all nations to put their own interests first.
And that includes saying things like, "We'll have no choice but to utterly destroy North Korea." But we certainly do want friendship with all the odious autocrats in the world, from Turkey and Saudi Arabia to the Philippines.
Donald J. Trump wrote: We do not seek to impose our way of life on anyone, but rather to let it shine as an example - we will shine - for everyone to follow.
Oh yes, everyone in the world has suddenly focused on the US as the shining beacon standing above the rocks that sink ships, warning them where not to go. A country with the widest gap between rich and poor in the world and systems of education and health care that, for many people, are among the worst in the world, plus bridges that fall down, obsolete airports, a rickety rail system,...
Donald J. Trump wrote: We will reinforce old alliances and form new ones - and unite the civilised world against radical Islamic terrorism, which we will eradicate completely from the face of the Earth.
Once again, your ghost writer betrays his Britishness. And how has that "unification" worked with all the allies whose leaders you have insulted and demeaned? Brought down the rate of terrorism, has it?
Donald J. Trump wrote: At the bedrock of our politics will be a total allegiance to the United States of America, and through our loyalty to our country, we will rediscover our loyalty to each other.
First, this is practically a working definition of fascism. Second, the part I put in boldface could be used in courses of philosophy as the perfect example of a non sequitur. How did that loyalty to each other show up at Charlottesville?
Donald J. Trump wrote: When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice.
The mind boggles! What's next: "Ignorance is strength!"?
The Bible tells us: "How good and pleasant it is when God's people live together in unity."
Only in America can you find a politician speaking such blasphemous blather without being called out on it. (See below.)
Donald J. Trump wrote: We must speak our minds openly, debate our disagreements honestly, but always pursue solidarity.
In other words, like my Cabinet, everyone must feel free to praise my genius openly. But solidarity precludes allowing people to criticize me, so we'll need to look at the licenses of television networks that do so and change the laws so I can sue newspaper reporters who write things I don't like.
Donald J. Trump wrote: When America is united, America is totally unstoppable.

There should be no fear - we are protected, and we will always be protected.

We will be protected by the great men and women of our military and law enforcement and, most importantly, we will be protected by God.
Who was it who coined the phrase "Gott mit uns" a century ago? How'd that work out for him?
Since we're using British ghost writers, maybe Kipling's words on the British Empire would be more appropriate to Trump's America:

"For heathen heart that puts her trust
In reeking tube and iron shard,
All valiant dust that builds on dust,
And guarding, calls not Thee to guard,
For frantic boast and foolish word,
Thy mercy on Thy people, Lord."
Last edited by Upton_O_Goode on Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Dostawca - sciany tekstu

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:33 pm

blake121666 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:38 am
The originator of this thread is running for mayor!

< snip >

I think SM has peeps in Boston. Get out the vote for your buddy Rizoli for mayor!
I became so weepy from the first half of the video that I could barely concentrate on the political part. I always get that way about Zündel. Alas, Mr Rizoli ran for mayor, as a write-in candidate, of Framingham, MA, a small city in the western suburbs of Boston, not the city of Boston itself. This was Boston's loss and Framingham's gain, people are saying. Rizoli's campaign slogan was innovative: Make Framingham Great Again. In the election, which was held last November, a candidate called Spicer (no, not that Spicer) won in a landslide. Framingham is 2/3 white, it has a large Brazilian population, Spicer became the first female African American elected as a mayor in Massachusetts.
blake121666 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:38 am
DIT: BTW, this is off-topic but someone needs to inform the user "Goody67" that he should not agree that 1.5 million Jews were sent to the "the Russian East" as in the Korherr Report. He sent me 2 PMs telling me I was "off your [my] rocker" for my telling him that in the reply to him! :lol:
He said wot?
. . . all right we are two nations . . .

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:42 pm

It’s weird to look at this thread two years later. No Bannon, Conway is MIA, Charlottesville, three shutdowns in a year....yep. It’s been the cluster we all thought it would be.

Deadspin, 2014:

Jeff_36
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Jeff_36 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:42 pm

JEFF'S DEMOCRATIC PARTY SWEEPSTAKES: EPISODE 1 POCAHONTAS STRIKES BACK

Hot take: Warren entering the race is bad news for the Democrats and good news for Trump. She is arguably the most mocked and ridiculed politician in the United States at the moment (aside from POTUS) and has little appeal outside her dyed-in-the-wool supporters. She falls on the extreme left wing of the Democratic party and this would likely scare independent voters into staying home. Most of her public utterances sound more like a series of half-hearted SJW memes strung loosely together than any kind of coherent set of policy planks. Finally, It is impossible to take her seriously after her deeply offensive and hurtful Cherokee stunt. She will attempt to pander to Sanders's base but has none of his charisma and odd charm.

She is one of only two potential Democratic party candidates who are guaranteed lose to Trump in a 2020 general contest. The DNC should pull out all of the stops to block her run.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:53 pm

Jeff_36 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:42 pm
JEFF'S DEMOCRATIC PARTY SWEEPSTAKES: EPISODE 1 POCAHONTAS STRIKES BACK

Hot take: Warren entering the race is bad news for the Democrats and good news for Trump.
She will likely split off some of the Bernie vote and thus put another barrier in the way of Sanders getting the nomination. Not sure how that helps Trump . . .
Jeff_36 wrote:
Most of her public utterances sound more like a series of half-hearted SJW memes strung loosely together than any kind of coherent set of policy planks.
This is bonkers. You may disagree with her, but she has a strong grasp of financial and economic issues, albeit from the progressive side of things.

I think she missed her opportunity in '16 AND completely blew it with her DNA test.
Jeff_36 wrote:
She is one of only two potential Democratic party candidates who are guaranteed lose to Trump in a 2020 general contest. The DNC should pull out all of the stops to block her run.
Of course they shouldn't do this - how did such interventions work out in '16? I don't think Warren will be very successful in the primaries.

Your referring to Warren as Pocahontas is duly noted. Got it from Trump, eh?

Anomaly
Poster

Post by Anomaly » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:19 am

I only know Warren from the Sub-Prime crisis, when she and Ron Paul went after FED with their very limited power. I like many of her views on economic issues. Her other political views is somewhat unknown to me. But using the status as "native" seems just strange. I mean, we all know the truth. Or at least we used to. I like this scene from The Sopranos, a scene that works because the viewer know the truth.

Jeff_36
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Jeff_36 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:54 am

Statistical Mechanic wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:53 pm
Her DNA stunt was shameful and offensive to native Anericans. I know a few natives up here and the one thing that they absolutely hate more than anything else is a "pretendian".

It made her come off as shallow, tacky, and downright dumb. I would expect something like that from Trump ffs, not a former Harvard professor.

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:07 am

I'd have rathered she hadn't moved in this direction... not the right person/personality to go toe-to-toe with DJT.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:31 am

I really don't think Warren's being the nominee is a concern, my sense is that she couldn't win the nomination without the DNA test, she certainly can't win it afterwards. I like Warren and think she's a good senator, but I am confident that she won't fare well in the primary contest. Against Trump, I agree, wrong voice . . . and she's already made it clear that Trump gets under her skin.

But I for one won't be adopting Trump's racist insult for her just 'cuz she stupidly and insensitively undermined Cherokee interests and beliefs with the way she tried to use her DNA test.

There should be a series of announcements soon, as we're behind "schedule" for 2020. Frankly, I am more concerned about so-called Betomania. I've been to two fairly large holiday parties this month, in both of which Sherrod Brown came up over and over and over. I like him a lot. My poking around about Kamala Harris didn't get much positive response.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:34 am

Jeff_36 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:54 am
Her DNA stunt was shameful and offensive to native Anericans.
Which has nothing to do with referring to Warren as Pocahontas. Which American Indian groups have firmly denounced as a racist insult: "American Indian names, whether they be historic or contemporary, are not meant to be used as insults. To do so is to reduce them to racial slurs."

You wouldn't be calling Warren by that racist slur if you hadn't picked it up from Trump.

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:46 am

Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:31 am
I really don't think Warren's being the nominee is a concern, my sense is that she couldn't win the nomination without the DNA test, she certainly can't win it afterwards. I like Warren and think she's a good senator, but I am confident that she won't fare well in the primary contest. Against Trump, I agree, wrong voice . . . and she's already made it clear that Trump gets under her skin.

But I for one won't be adopting Trump's racist insult for her just 'cuz she stupidly and insensitively undermined Cherokee interests and beliefs with the way she tried to use her DNA test.

There should be a series of announcements soon, as we're behind "schedule" for 2020. Frankly, I am more concerned about so-called Betomania. I've been to two fairly large holiday parties this month, in both of which Sherrod Brown came up over and over and over. I like him a lot. My poking around about Kamala Harris didn't get much positive response.
Clarification: I don't think she'd ever get the nom. ... I was really talking about the DJT and attendant bullfrog chorus constant sniping during the primary process... even that aside, I don't see her as a good candidate in that horse race... yes, agreed, she should stay in the senate.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:51 am

Agree, she'll not be a good candidate in the primaries. But we will have to listen to Trump's childish insults one way or the other. The one advantage of her running that might come about is splitting the Sanders vote. I am more concerned about another Sanders go at it even than I am about Betomania. :)

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:55 am

Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:51 am
Agree, she'll not be a good candidate in the primaries. But we will have to listen to Trump's childish insults one way or the other. The one advantage of her running that might come about is splitting the Sanders vote. I am more concerned about another Sanders go at it even than I am about Betomania. :)
Agreed, Bernie needs to hang it up... As for the latter, I really don't like the way the wind is blowing...

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:58 am

Back to the thread title, Trump could win in 2020 . . . the Democratic primaries are deadly serious.

Jeff_36
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Jeff_36 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:24 am

Happy New Year Everyone!

Here's to us seeing Trump out of office by the first of the year in 2020.

Jeff_36
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Jeff_36 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:28 am

Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:34 am
Jeff_36 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:54 am
Her DNA stunt was shameful and offensive to native Anericans.
Which has nothing to do with referring to Warren as Pocahontas. Which American Indian groups have firmly denounced as a racist insult: "American Indian names, whether they be historic or contemporary, are not meant to be used as insults. To do so is to reduce them to racial slurs."

You wouldn't be calling Warren by that racist slur if you hadn't picked it up from Trump.
Maybe I shouldn't have gone that far........ I certainly won't in the future.

but Grey Owlette doesn't ring so well either....

Balmoral95
Veteran Poster

Post by Balmoral95 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:11 am

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Post by JO 753 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:17 am

I understand the nativ americanz irritation about Warrenz DNA event, but she had to do it. She coudnt continue to be seen az a liar by 350,000,000 peepl just to avoid upsetting 500,000. You can argue for a possible better prezentation, but really, her mistake wuz not doing it immediatly wen the dispute began.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: Morgan de Veldt

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:52 pm

Pursuing my earlier appraisal of Trump's America, I note this article in Counterpunch. It reinforces with actual numbers what I said about education, health care, and poverty in Trump's America. Not that Trump caused all this. But he is doing nothing to make it better and much that makes it worse. And his budget priorities are the main reason that nothing is being done.
Lawrence Wittner wrote:Let’s consider education. The gold standard for evaluation seems to be the Program for International Student Assessment of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, which tests 15-year old students every few years. The last test, which occurred in 2015 and involved 540,000 students in 72 nations and regions, found that U.S. students ranked 24th in reading, 25th in science, and 41st in mathematics. When the scores in these three areas were combined, U.S. students ranked 31st―behind the students of Slovenia, Poland, Russia, and Vietnam.

The educational attainments among many other Americans are also dismal. An estimated 30 million adult Americans cannot read, write, or do basic math above a third grade level. Literacy has different definitions and, for this reason among others, estimates vary about the level of illiteracy in the United States. But one of the most favorable rankings of the United States for literacy places it in a tie with numerous other nations for 26th; the worst places it at 125th.

The U.S. healthcare system also fares poorly compared to that of other nations. A 2017 study of healthcare systems in 11 advanced industrial countries by the Commonwealth Fund found that the United States ranked at the very bottom of the list. Furthermore, numerous nations with far less “advanced” economies have superior healthcare systems to that of the United States. According to the World Health Organization, the U.S. healthcare system ranks 37th among countries―behind that of Colombia, Cyprus, and Morocco.

Not surprisingly, American health is relatively poor. The infant mortality rate in the United States is higher than in 54 other lands, including Belarus, Cuba, Greece, and French Polynesia. According to the World Cancer Research Fund, the United States has the 5th highest cancer rate of the 50 countries it studied. For the past few years, as the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recently reported, U.S. life expectancy has been declining and, today, the United States reportedly ranks 53rdamong 100 nations in life expectancy.

Despite the fact that the United States is the world’s richest nation, it also has an unusually high level of poverty. According to a 2017 UNICEF report, over 29 percent of American children live in impoverished circumstances, placing the United States 35th in childhood poverty among the 41 richest nations. Indeed, the United States has a higher percentage of its people living in poverty (15.1 percent) than 41 other countries, including Uzbekistan, Indonesia, Thailand, Brazil, and Sri Lanka.
One may object that poverty in the US is different from poverty elsewhere. That may well be; I've never been impoverished, so I can't say.
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:46 pm

JO 753 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:17 am
I understand the nativ americanz irritation about Warrenz DNA event, but she had to do it. She coudnt continue to be seen az a liar by 350,000,000 peepl just to avoid upsetting 500,000. You can argue for a possible better prezentation, but really, her mistake wuz not doing it immediatly wen the dispute began.
I'm still not sure she did it for that reason (alone). Granted, I don't follow him much, but it seems ever since losing that public bet, the aforementioned childish insults on her have stopped? I guess he knows he'd be reminded of still having to fork over that offered million every time he'd attack her. :twisted:
Lard, save me from your followers.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:26 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:46 pm
JO 753 wrote:
I'm still not sure she did it for that reason (alone). Granted, I don't follow him much, but it seems ever since losing that public bet, the aforementioned childish insults on her have stopped? I guess he knows he'd be reminded of still having to fork over that offered million every time he'd attack her. :twisted:
No, Trump has kept up the insults, in fact telling a FOXie yesterday, "I think you have more than she does, and maybe I do too, and I have nothing." One of his first responses to Warren's misguided DNA test was the creepy "suggestion" that he personally test Warren's DNA (“I’ll only do it [pay up] if I can test her personally, and that will not be something I will enjoy doing either”). By going in for "racial science," Warren played into the hands of the far right.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:36 pm

:(

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:55 pm

Jeff_36 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:24 am
Happy New Year Everyone!

Here's to us seeing Trump out of office by the first of the year in 2020.
Happy New Year!!!!!
Went to bed before 10:00.... :lol:

Deadspin, 2014:

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:45 pm

back to Elizabeth Warren: https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/02/politics ... index.html

On this index, problematic though it is, my preferred candidate, Sherrod Brown, is in a virtual tie with Amy Klobuchar as most electable. To my mind Klobuchar lacks gravitas; I continue to think that a Brown/Harris ticket would be very strong. (Or vice versa.)

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:08 pm

I really like Klobuchar. I think she's doing rather well, but maybe it's her usually calm and measured demeanor...

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:25 pm

Maybe it is the mutual admiration society she is part of with Rachel Maddow and Lawrence O'Donnell, I dunno, she just seems to lack maturity or something. My wife first pointed this out, as I only half pay attention when she turns on MSNBC these days ...

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:34 pm

She seems to get things done?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:31 pm

Will they all have to run against Romney (whoever they're gonna be...)? Looks like he's trying to pull the dung cart out of the muck?

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: prostrate spurge

Post by Gord » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:12 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:52 pm
Lawrence Wittner wrote:Let’s consider education. The gold standard for evaluation seems to be the Program for International Student Assessment of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, which tests 15-year old students every few years. The last test, which occurred in 2015 and involved 540,000 students in 72 nations and regions, found that U.S. students ranked 24th in reading, 25th in science, and 41st in mathematics. When the scores in these three areas were combined, U.S. students ranked 31st―behind the students of Slovenia, Poland, Russia, and Vietnam.
Sweet merciful crap, I just looked at the PISA rankings for 2018: http://factsmaps.com/pisa-worldwide-ran ... e-reading/

USA
Overall: 31
Mathematics: 39
Science: 25
Reading: 24

Canada
Overall: 6
Mathematics: 10
Science: 7
Reading: 2

Singapore
Overall: 1
Mathematics: 1
Science: 1
Reading: 1
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:34 pm

Winning. Bigly.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:10 am

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:18 pm

Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:26 pm
scrmbldggs wrote:
JO 753 wrote:
No, Trump has kept up the insults, in fact telling a FOXie yesterday, "I think you have more than she does, and maybe I do too, and I have nothing." One of his first responses to Warren's misguided DNA test was the creepy "suggestion" that he personally test Warren's DNA (“I’ll only do it [pay up] if I can test her personally, and that will not be something I will enjoy doing either”). By going in for "racial science," Warren played into the hands of the far right.
Individual-1 is still at it.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: prostrate spurge

Post by Gord » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:59 pm

Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:18 pm
Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:26 pm
scrmbldggs wrote:
JO 753 wrote:
Individual-1 is still at it.
Haha!

I laughed so hard I plotzed.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Jeff_36
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Jeff_36 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:48 pm

Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:45 pm
back to Elizabeth Warren: https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/02/politics ... index.html

On this index, problematic though it is, my preferred candidate, Sherrod Brown, is in a virtual tie with Amy Klobuchar as most electable. To my mind Klobuchar lacks gravitas; I continue to think that a Brown/Harris ticket would be very strong. (Or vice versa.)
If they know what they're doing Brown is the guy. Harris is problematic for a few reasons - she comes across as shrill and shallow in the comittee footage I have seen of her. IMO Gillibrand would be preferable - she is in my top 3.

Statistical Mechanic
Real Skeptic

Post by Statistical Mechanic » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:30 am

"Shrill"? LOL, that's a "special use" word. I found Harris to be pointed and tough in the televised hearings I saw. I think Harris' biggest problem will be with the party's left wing and some of her criminal justice record - death penalty, three-strikes law, long sentences, truancy crackdown, war on drugs, and other "tough on crime" positions. But ... she put Eric Hunt into the slammer :)