It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Where no two people are likely to agree.
Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: Morgan de Veldt

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:19 pm

My moment of greatest dread came in his implied threat to have the military build the wall, "because they understand the need."

That is SOO dangerous. In a civilian democracy, you don't ask the military for its opinion. Don't let military leaders think they can act on their own initiative. It's doubtful that Trump can divert funds from the military budget for this purpose. He'd surely need the cooperation of the Joint Chiefs of Staff at the very least, and the House could pass a bill forbidding any use of such funds. That might lead to a shutdown if McConnell persists in his resolutely anti-American, anti-democratic campaign to destroy the Constitution.

Budgets require the approval of both House and Senate, and if the final version passed by both houses forbids it, then Trump can't build the wall with military funds (or any other funds).
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:37 pm

How many "he can't do that" things has Trump done?

All you need, is lack of opposition.=====================>in the ENFORCEMENT of laws. The Pukes know this better than the Dumbos, and Trump knows this better than the Pukes. Hes a bidness man.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:12 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:14 pm

Best of all was the sight of Pence, sitting there, like an owl on a fence, as the Russians say. He looked like he'd much rather be in Timbuktu.
I think it was Rachel Maddow who said he looked like they had rolled him out but forgotten to plug him in. :lol:

But there were too many jokes made for me to remember all of it. :pardon:
Lard, save me from your followers.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:17 pm

If Pence were in a movie "as is"...........it would be declared poorly written. So much an empty suit as to be totally unbelievable.

This is why Truth is stranger than fiction.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

TJrandom
Has No Life
Custom Title: Salt of the earth

Post by TJrandom » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:07 pm

In the early 60s there was a song called peanuts ... maybe Trump will be singing it when he too gets sentenced. :D

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:21 pm

Seems he said he's not worried about a possible impeachment. Maybe he thinks it will do away with a later indictment? But he might be mixing up his courts and jurisdictions. :-P

TJrandom
Has No Life

Post by TJrandom » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:36 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:21 pm
Seems he said he's not worried about a possible impeachment. Maybe he thinks it will do away with a later indictment? But he might be mixing up his courts and jurisdictions. :-P
Are there state felonies claimed? Or is that just wishful thinking on my part? :?

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Post by OlegTheBatty » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:46 pm

TJrandom wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:36 pm
scrmbldggs wrote:
Are there state felonies claimed? Or is that just wishful thinking on my part? :?
A lot of what was done was in NY State.

NY doesn't have all the political baggage the feds do.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

TJrandom
Has No Life

Post by TJrandom » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:59 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:46 pm
TJrandom wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:
A lot of what was done was in NY State.

NY doesn't have all the political baggage the feds do.
Wow - there is a long list of countries which don't have an extradition treaty with the US - but I doubt that Trump would relish living in them, any more than he would will Rikers. :mrgreen:

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: prostrate spurge

Post by Gord » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:01 am

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:14 pm
Best of all was the sight of Pence, sitting there, like an owl on a fence, as the Russians say. He looked like he'd much rather be in Timbuktu.
Yeah, why was he even there? Did he lead an opening prayer or something? I know Trump couldn't do that -- even if he knew the words, he'd still be at risk of bursting into flames or something.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Poodle
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Post-bloom

Post by Poodle » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:23 am

I've watched it a few times. I'm convinced Pence was simply as drunk as a skunk.

TJrandom
Has No Life

Post by TJrandom » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:34 am

Somewhere I read that Pence hadn't been pluged in.

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:18 am

TJrandom wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:07 pm
In the early 60s there was a song called peanuts ... maybe Trump will be singing it when he too gets sentenced. :D
The news feed this morning says he's telling his friends that he is very worried indeed about impeachment. As if he didn't have enough to worry about with just China alone.

And, speaking of China, here's a radical, idealistic solution to the conflict: SHARE the goddamned technology with them. We might possibly just live in peace with them and share the world---ya think? It may be that some countries (USA maybe?) can't abide the thought of just being one of many nations on this fragile planet and would rather bring the whole thing down than deal with other countries as an equal. That was certainly the case with Nazi Germany. But other countries have had to learn how to do this. Surely the Americans could also. Whether China would be content with equality, I don't know. But let's give it a try. We still have the ultimate deterrent available if China becomes too much of a bully. Nuclear powers don't dare get into military conflicts with each other, no matter how lopsided the balance of power between them.
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:26 am

Well, I have something in common, after all, with Sarah Sanders. She wants to be remembered for her honesty and transparency. I want to be remembered for the world records I set in high jump, 100-meter dash, and gymnastics.

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:40 am

Still probing the depth of Trump's ignorance and arrogance in foreign affairs. Note that Trump told Reuters he'd intervene in the extradition of Meng Wanzhou "if it would help bring about a trade agreement." Help how, pray tell? By holding her as a hostage? The Chinese have already taken two Canadian businessmen as counter-hostages. That's going to be a Mexican standoff between China and Canada. Meanwhile, Trump announces to the world with a bullhorn the strategy he plans to pursue; that's always smart when you're negotiating, isn't it?

As a negotiator, Trump belongs in that picture of dogs playing poker. He's the one who wags his tail every time he gets dealt a good hand.

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:48 am

Ever onward into the swamp of stupidity. Neck deep in the Big Muddy, and the big fool says to move on.

ElectricMonk
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Trump knows Batman

Post by ElectricMonk » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:07 pm

When Christian Bale met Trump during a shooting, Trump thought he was Bruce Wayne, according to Bale.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-tru ... 00-10aag7e

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:14 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:26 am
Well, I have something in common, after all, with Sarah Sanders. She wants to be remembered for her honesty and transparency. I want to be remembered for the world records I set in high jump, 100-meter dash, and gymnastics.
“I hope that it will be that I showed up every day and I did the very best job that I could to put forward the president’s message,” as well as “to do the best job that I could to answer questions,” Sanders said.

“To be transparent and honest throughout that process and do everything I could to make America a little better that day than it was the day before,” she continued.
Well, she might get part of that. People might remember her for showing up every day.

She obviously hasn't done the rest of it.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Re: Trump knows Batman

Post by Gord » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:21 pm

ElectricMonk wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:07 pm
When Christian Bale met Trump during a shooting, Trump thought he was Bruce Wayne, according to Bale.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-tru ... 00-10aag7e
Yeah, but was it a school shooting?
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:39 pm

Gord wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:14 pm
Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:26 am
“I hope that it will be that I showed up every day and I did the very best job that I could to put forward the president’s message,” as well as “to do the best job that I could to answer questions,” Sanders said.

“To be transparent and honest throughout that process and do everything I could to make America a little better that day than it was the day before,” she continued.
Well, she might get part of that. People might remember her for showing up every day.

She obviously hasn't done the rest of it.
Well, if she's lucky, she'll get what the link provides: sarah-sanders-she-hopes-people-remember-her-as-being

Poodle
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Post-bloom

Post by Poodle » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:47 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:48 am
Ever onward into the swamp of stupidity. Neck deep in the Big Muddy ...
It's YEARS since I last heard that. Folk clubs and all that ...
Thanks.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:59 pm

There are those appealing to Repugnant lawmakers to contemplate and act on the seriousness and implications of campaign finance violations. :|

I don't know why they think appealing to those, who these days seem committed to cut off the other party from all important decisions (except where their help is needed to make Reptilians look good or to take the blame for their shortcomings) and condone election hindrances and fraud practices by their own, could have any positive effect.

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:43 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:59 pm
There are those appealing to Repugnant lawmakers to contemplate and act on the seriousness and implications of campaign finance violations. :|

I don't know why they think appealing to those, who these days seem committed to cut off the other party from all important decisions (except where their help is needed to make Reptilians look good or to take the blame for their shortcomings) and condone election hindrances and fraud practices by their own, could have any positive effect.
We're talking about Republicans here. The usual rules of sanity don't apply. Paul Ryan has inserted into the farm bill (intended to get food to hungry Americans, among other things) a paragraph that says no action is to be taken on US participation in the Saudi War in Yemen, which by any objective account, is a war crime and is leading to the starvation of huge numbers of people. It's hard to understand why this man hasn't looked in the mirror and seen himself for what he is. We know he hasn't, because he hasn't blown his own brains out.

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:53 pm

TJrandom wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:
I don't know about "claimed," but the New York AG is looking very hard at the Trump Corporation. Probably most of its crimes have passed the statute of limitations, but the money-laundering everyone suspects for Russian Mafioskis may be recent enough to be prosecutable. Silence so far on the case of Deutsche Bank. It also looks like a rich lode of ore.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:54 pm

Can there be any other explanation for Ryans action other than he was paid to do so?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:32 pm

Maybe not even that. This.Is.Who.They.Are. - self-serving, psychopathic scumbags.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:48 am

#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:10 am

^@ min 9:40 - doesn't apply to this Resident, who spends most of his time with TV, Twiterring, golfing and fretting...

Tom Palven
Has More Than 6K Posts

Post by Tom Palven » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:17 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:32 pm
Maybe not even that. This.Is.Who.They.Are. - self-serving, psychopathic scumbags.
I agree, and think that as bad as the narcissistic jerk Trump is, the level of corruption and deceit he is capable of still doesn't come up to that of life-long politicians like Paul Ryan, Hillary Clinton, and Nancy Pelosi.
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:23 am

Tom Palven wrote:Hillary Clinton, and Nancy Pelosi.
I know you and your friends at Stormfront don't like Hillary Clinton, but explain to us why you don't like Nancy Pelosi? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pelosi on the Ropes / Stormfront White Action Power Forum
https://www.stormfront.org/forum/t1216387/

Nancy Pelosi is in the pocket of the Israeli-American organization / Stormfront White Action Power Forum
https://www.stormfront.org/forum/t1264321/

Tom Palven
Has More Than 6K Posts

Post by Tom Palven » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:07 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:23 am
Tom Palven wrote:Hillary Clinton, and Nancy Pelosi.
I know you and your friends at Stormfront don't like Hillary Clinton, but explain to us why you don't like Nancy Pelosi? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pelosi on the Ropes / Stormfront White Action Power Forum
https://www.stormfront.org/forum/t1216387/

Nancy Pelosi is in the pocket of the Israeli-American organization / Stormfront White Action Power Forum
https://www.stormfront.org/forum/t1264321/

I await your reply in the Monument to Courage thread, Mr. Ellard, a-hole troll and BS artist extraordinaire, sir.
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:44 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:54 pm
Can there be any other explanation for Ryans action other than he was paid to do so?
I can't think of any. Nor can The Nation. They just put it down to his usual groveling to Trump and the Saudis. But the man is a monster!! Hey, Ryan, do you know what STARVATION means?

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:48 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:32 pm
It appears a couple of detectives have got some evidence on the Clinton Foundation that may interest the FBI and Mueller. (If so, that may keep Mueller around longer than Trump would like. Republicans will split with him over this.) Even though the Clintons are now utterly irrelevant to anything (thank GOD!!), the narrative will be that two guilty Clintons = one innocent Trump. Democrats have got to distance themselves from the Clintons until the investigation is complete. If the Clinton Foundation is as bad as I believe the Trump Foundation is (and the hypothesis seems plausible to me), then let them take the consequences. Let's have a general house-cleaning. The two detectives refused to turn over their 6000 pages of documents to Congress (and good for them!). All the GOP in Congress wants is some way to throw mud at the Clintons. But the FBI and Mueller will have to handle this information properly and investigate it.

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:55 pm

Well well, 2019 is rushing upon us, and we'll soon be filing our tax returns under the new rules. Let it be said that the probable effect was foreseen over a year ago, in this list of loopholes and this analysis of an unintended consequence. And, speaking of unintended consequences, how about those steel tariffs!! If this is the way steelworkers' jobs are protected, then I'm the emperor of China. For this, Trump sacrificed GM and Ford.

And now I learn that even Rick Santorum....(let that soak in, RICK SANTORUM!)…has refused to become Chief of Staff at the White House. Desperation must be setting in. The most dangerous place in America is between Rick Santorum and a television camera. The job has to be pure {!#%@} if he turned it down.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:33 pm

It's all good, Jared will take the position. (Since he's got nothing else to do but to huddle with MBS.)

Forgot his face, but there's that (soon to be former) Representative who keeps complaining about "ballot harvesting" having cost him his seat (and that the GOP needs to learn how to do that) - and at the same time is bigly proud of the new real estate tax rules he helped pass, which'll stick it to them rich Californians! Incidentally, that's where he hails from... (However, I somehow fail to see how "restricting ordinary mortgage deductibility to loans in excess of $500,000" as per the linked article is sticking it to the better-off crowds? Or the higher cost areas only.)

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:46 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:55 pm
The job has to be pure {!#%@} if he turned it down.
I'll quibble and say all too many Pukes of Santorums ilk are used to and even revel in pure {!#%@} jobs.......but they do expect some kind of reward afterwards and Trump has pretty well shown he is stingy when the Piper is due. Maybe a {!#%@} job with a payoff is not pure shite? Its probably a term of art.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:20 pm

Anyone doing that job as required by the golfer is bound to be involved in Mueller's investigation - if not indicted, eventually. Even all too eager Chris Krispy just turned it down...

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:30 pm

Egss: I'm glad to hear that. While all too Pukey....I do like Krispy's combativeness and willingness to confront his opponents more directly than most politicians. If only.........he didn't pick on people who were right?........ha, ha..........always a bug in there somewhere.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:03 pm

...and while Trump, family and friends will be enjoying an extended holiday at gilded Mar-a-Lego, a little seven year old Honduran girl died when denied urgent medical care after being taken into custody by Trump's very own border control. Merry Christmas!

TJrandom
Has No Life

Post by TJrandom » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:21 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:20 pm
Anyone doing that job as required by the golfer is bound to be involved in Mueller's investigation - if not indicted, eventually. Even all too eager Chris Krispy just turned it down...
Pence... give the job to Pence...