It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Where no two people are likely to agree.
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri May 18, 2018 3:30 pm

Just for you, georgie.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Last edited by scrmbldggs on Fri May 18, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lard, save me from your followers.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Fri May 18, 2018 3:32 pm

trump supporters killed? typical of facist liberals...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

ElectricMonk
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Post by ElectricMonk » Fri May 18, 2018 3:41 pm

So you would rather deport violent criminals than sent them to prison?
How can you be sure they won't just come back?

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Fri May 18, 2018 3:43 pm

how dare you ask to imprison them and destroy families!!....they are people!!!!!! you animal shaming them just because they dismember bodies and cut out the heart, cut off the heads?....typical...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Fri May 18, 2018 4:40 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
That’s a cool one!!!!
Also, Donald Trump is a clownfraud who only got involved in this for the attention.

Deadspin, 2014:
https://deadspin.com/there-are-just-two ... 1613879544

TJrandom
Has No Life
Custom Title: Salt of the earth

Post by TJrandom » Fri May 18, 2018 8:48 pm

MS-13... why stop there? Give us some WW2 carnage, Mussolini, maybe some Pol Pot... Trump doesn’t care if MS-13 or visa overstayers from Canada - just so that he can stir his base of deplorables, and we see here that gorgeous fell in line.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sat May 19, 2018 2:29 am

So not only is he trying to officially and illegally hurt a business (Bezos) via pressuring the USPS*, he also announced drastic measures regarding women's health and rights.

Makes one wonder what shoe is about to drop for the Golden Calf to appease his adoring Televangelical masses...

* But will his base mind if their shipping rates are being doubled?

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: Morgan de Veldt

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Sat May 19, 2018 11:03 am

Hmm, and now mandated bank reports of Suspicious Account transactions seem to be disappearing from the Justice Department records, especially those involving Mr. Cohen. Now WHO do you suppose could be behind that?
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sat May 19, 2018 3:33 pm

Some are saying that might have happened on the part of the Mueller probe. I guess we'll find out eventually.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: prostrate spurge

Post by Gord » Sat May 19, 2018 10:10 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:Some many people are saying that might have happened on the part of the Mueller probe. I guess we'll find out eventually.
bigly
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sat May 19, 2018 11:27 pm

And after one of the three was copied and distributed? :-P

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Post by JO 753 » Sat May 19, 2018 11:43 pm

Therez probably u bunch uv documentation that Mueller haz kept anybody outside the investigation from noing he haz. Dont want Trump to find out hiz wall iz being bilt before its too hi to jump over.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun May 20, 2018 12:06 am

You can tell by their public "nothing wrong with whatever we did" confessions that they know the gig is up.

Brace for more brazen and damaging actions.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: prostrate spurge

Post by Gord » Sun May 20, 2018 2:31 am

Yanny or laurel?

"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun May 20, 2018 3:01 am

That sounded like Laurel to me....but other videos of the same clip sound just like Yanni. Two different sound clips?

I also heard corruption and treason..........not Make America Great Again.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Humor/Irony impairment? You decide.

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Sun May 20, 2018 2:52 pm

I agree with most of the points of view expressed in DailyKos briefings, but this link came into my e-mail box this morning, and I'm at least ambiguous about it, if not actually opposed to the point of view taken by DK:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/5 ... =emaildkre

I looked at it and said, “WTF!!” This looks like the kind of comment I might make myself, with no disrespect implied or intended against Hispanics. Indeed, it’s the kind of ironic counter-stereotype that plays a big role in the monologues of Jimmy Kimmel and Seth Myers. I have the feeling that, if either of them had related this story, the audience would have laughed. And if any of the “Deplorables” objected, that same audience would have said this story is an uplifting commentary on the social and economic progress made by Hispanics, and anybody who objects to it is a racist who wants to keep Hispanics confined to menial jobs.

I want to tell these up-tight types to “loosen up” a bit and try to keep a sense of humor and irony. The normal phrase used is “lighten up,” but of course the word “light” can refer to either color or weight, and if you tell someone to “lighten up,” you are insulting people of color and fat people (and if Dick Gregory were alive, he’d crucify you for both of those insults). So, I use “loosen up” instead, figuring that “loose” is the opposite of “tight” and there isn’t yet any lobby defending the rights of the inebriated.

It does appear that the person who posted the tweet has posted some OTHER ambiguous tweets, so maybe he did intend a racist insult. But you can’t tell that from just this one tweet alone. You need the context.
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Sun May 20, 2018 2:56 pm

Gord wrote:Yanny or laurel?

I've never seen anything go viral quite so fast. I first heard about this on Thursday, during a trip to tech support for my new computer. By Saturday, it was being featured on "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me." For what it's worth, I heard "Yammy," and I think that's because I wear hearing aids that overcompensate for my high-frequency hearing loss. (At least, music has sounded annoyingly tinny ever since I got the damned things three years ago. But my wife was very tired of having to repeat herself, and I couldn't understand my grandson over the telephone until his voice changed.)

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun May 20, 2018 3:03 pm

What comment would you make?

What came to my mind was: "Anglos still in control of well paid construction work."

...........also could crack wise about "Authentic Mexican Restaurant" but I supposed this means family owned and not a chain?

Its all too easy to see the world through a racial/racist lens. Some truth from time to time, mostly BS to feather one groups advantage over the other.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Farewell to "a great Vermonter"

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Sun May 20, 2018 3:15 pm

The late Governor Hoff was an early hero of mine. Here's a two-minute summary of his sendoff a week ago Saturday. If you are sharp-eyed, you can see my wife sitting among the clergy at the far right next to the altar. And they managed to get both of our senators and former governor Madeleine Kunin into the two minutes. Not bad.

What I most enjoyed was Bernie Sanders, saying that Hoff was "a great Vermonter." It reminded me of the following (true!) story: A colleague of mine, from Brooklyn, was vacationing in Oregon and got to talking with another tourist at some point. After a few minutes, the other tourist said, "You're from Vermont, aren't you?" My colleague was surprised, and asked how he knew. His reply was classic: "You have the same accent as Bernie Sanders."

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Sun May 20, 2018 3:23 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:What comment would you make?

WILL you, for God' sake, grow up and stop trying to play the Gadfly? When I say it's "the kind of comment" I might make, that is specific enough for the seriousness of the conversation. Not every god-damned detail has to made explicit under hundred-fold magnification. We have other things to do with our time, and casual comments can be left casual.

Sheesh!!!

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun May 20, 2018 7:59 pm

Stone's line must be on fire today with inquiries about what he said and what he "knows". He's totally disgusted with the massive and unfair leaking coming out of the Mueller investigation. :laff:

In other mews, more reports about meetings and oppo research with foreigners by the usual suspects...

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Mon May 21, 2018 5:58 pm

While on twitter (and most likely FAUX Noise etc.) he's raging about the "illegal infiltration" of his campaign and demanding the investigation and disclosure thereof, the WH has to some extend been backing the rules and norms of secrecy and security of DoJ and FBI/IC. His troops, of course, won't see that, cos - as he knows - they wouldn't dream of ever looking at the whole of it. And prefer to pretend he's being "hindered" and "treated unfairly". :?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Mon May 21, 2018 6:21 pm

...of course all of the hysteria is happening because more damaging information has been made public...

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Post by JO 753 » Mon May 21, 2018 7:11 pm

Its true! The FBI and all the law enforsment ajensyz are biased agenst Trump!

The are also biased agenst Bernie Madoff, Ted Kazinsky, David Koresh, Charlez Manson...
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Mon May 21, 2018 7:30 pm

"If anyone did infiltrate or surveil participants in a presidential campaign for inappropriate purposes, we need to know about it and take appropriate action." -- Rod Rosenstein in response to Dumpy's demands

Good one, love it. :lol:

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon May 21, 2018 8:43 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:What comment would you make?

WILL you, for God' sake, grow up and stop trying to play the Gadfly? When I say it's "the kind of comment" I might make, that is specific enough for the seriousness of the conversation. Not every god-damned detail has to made explicit under hundred-fold magnification. We have other things to do with our time, and casual comments can be left casual.

Sheesh!!!
1. Would growing up include accepting the fact that you are posting on a public forum?
2. Not the Gadfly. EXACTLY like yourself, and most others here, I post when I "feel" a response might add to any discussion of the identified subject.
3. I commented because it is NOT specific enough. Notice: I did my share of the work by stating what I might have commented. You see......we both had the benefit of the clip to consider and improve upon. I HONESTLY wondered what improvement, longer considered comment you might make. Your umbrage makes me reconsider....you may have no deeper analysis than to second what others have already said.
4. Ha, ha.....yeah....you are sooooooo important. Important people don't have to think. You are all men of action.

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Mon May 21, 2018 10:07 pm

The latest Trump TRiUMPhs! As reported by Project Syndicate:

The Iran situation

The trade war with China

and

his financial policies

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon May 21, 2018 11:42 pm

..........and not a comment, analysis, or thought offered. Mighty busy these days.

Denying-History
Veteran Poster

Post by Denying-History » Tue May 22, 2018 3:31 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:..........and not a comment, analysis, or thought offered. Mighty busy these days.
Oh my god!?!? Did someone forget to write a {!#%@} paragraph for every link they give for lord Bobbo? Or is he (Bobbo) being a lousy {!#%@} again demanding of others?
« The Terror here is a horrifying fact. There is a fear that reaches down and haunts all sections of the community. No household, however humble, apparently but what lives in constant fear of nocturnal raid by the secret police. . .This particular purge is undoubtedly political. . . It is deliberately projected by the party leaders, who themselves regretted the necessity for it. »
Joseph E. Davies

Jeffk 1970
Has No Life

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Tue May 22, 2018 4:01 am

Denying-History wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:..........and not a comment, analysis, or thought offered. Mighty busy these days.
Oh my god!?!? Did someone forget to write a {!#%@} paragraph for every link they give for lord Bobbo? Or is he (Bobbo) being a lousy {!#%@} again demanding of others?

I have bobbo on ignore and that is where he will stay.
Also, Donald Trump is a clownfraud who only got involved in this for the attention.

Deadspin, 2014:
https://deadspin.com/there-are-just-two ... 1613879544

Denying-History
Veteran Poster

Post by Denying-History » Tue May 22, 2018 7:45 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Denying-History wrote:

Sames true on my end but I noticed he was harrassing upton.
« The Terror here is a horrifying fact. There is a fear that reaches down and haunts all sections of the community. No household, however humble, apparently but what lives in constant fear of nocturnal raid by the secret police. . .This particular purge is undoubtedly political. . . It is deliberately projected by the party leaders, who themselves regretted the necessity for it. »
Joseph E. Davies

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue May 22, 2018 11:52 am

I bet I can report what was just on tv faster than you guys can..........all I have to do is notice it is about something to do with Trump and I post it as fast as I can. No thinking required.

This just in: Trump cell phone is not secure.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue May 22, 2018 12:06 pm

Ooooooh: Heres a flash: the next segment will be about the clash between the White House and the DOJ. This hasn't even happened yet. Tune to your local Morning Joe to catch the latest Trump update.

Sorry....can't help myself. It is wrenchingly noticeable how "anti-Trump" the Morning Joe program has become. Anti in just reporting the facts with the gravitas they deserve. Not "neutral" as if the facts, the actions of Trump and his minions, does not have repercussions, as proclaimed by the main stream to be the proper role of the Press. And not Pro-Trump as if his hamfisted stumbling contains the machinations of someone playing 3 dimensional chess a la Faux Spews.

No, just good relevant reporting which I hope will get the democratic base out to vote. And meanwhile....Trumps approval rating moving into the solid low 40's. The appeal of a Tryrant. The Blue Wave of last month being touted down to just a small swell. Seems too many accept the propaganda that the "economy is strong" and "unemployment is low." Neither is true, or atleast its definitional and that makes the truth out of whomever is yelling the loudest and most often.

As Gene Robinson said this morning, we are not on the cusp of a constitutional crisis, WE ARE IN ONE RIGHT NOW. Heh, heh.....got to find a conservative forum to get kicked off of. You guys already agree in substance.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Tue May 22, 2018 2:14 pm

Will he be able to keep the lease on 1100 Pennsylvania Avenue if it turns out the $200 million personal cash bid was based on 12229200000 Rubles?

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Tue May 22, 2018 3:21 pm

Denying-History wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Denying-History wrote:

Sames true on my end but I noticed he was harrassing upton.
Only occasionally do I unignore bobbo, so most of what he's attempting to bait me with just gets wasted. But thanks for joining the cause. The quote you gave is interesting, since it accuses me of not giving a comment, analysis, or thought. And here I thought my ENTIRE post WAS a comment, with some analysis, and certainly with some thought. I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Tue May 22, 2018 3:28 pm

And now it seems the inflation has begun. According to my news feed this morning, there's an acute shortage of teamsters, and companies are paying up to $80,000 a year to get them. This is raising prices for everyone, especially Amazon Prime (Trump should be happy!). With that and the increasing fuel prices, we're going to have some pretty serious inflation pretty quickly, I think.

Afterthought: I'm very glad to see that teamsters are getting this kind of money. This is a job that people who didn't like academic work can learn to do. It's not a trivial job by any means, and I'm always filled with admiration for the skill of the drivers, especially since, after 11 years and 53,000 miles on my latest car, I still can't back it up in a straight line. True, the Teamsters Union has a rather thuggish reputation, but then all unions do. In fact, any populist organization is almost bound to resort to strong-arm tactics to keep its members in line. The extreme case of it was the CPSU and the Cuban Communist Party. It's very difficult to get a populist program through over determined opposition, and the Communists chose the shortest way. Unfortunately, they themselves were promoting a flawed theory of economics that produced poverty and they quickly became corrupt, as they passed the poverty on to The People. As cartoonist Walt Kelly once wrote, "The shortage will be divided among the peasants."

Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Tue May 22, 2018 3:30 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:You can tell by their public "nothing wrong with whatever we did" confessions that they know the gig is up.

Brace for more brazen and damaging actions.
Waiting with bated breath! Putting the popcorn on now.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue May 22, 2018 3:40 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:Afterthought: I'm very glad to see that teamsters are getting this kind of money. This is a job that people who didn't like academic work can learn to do. It's not a trivial job by any means, and I'm always filled with admiration for the skill of the drivers, especially since, after 11 years and 53,000 miles on my latest car, I still can't back it up in a straight line.
Sadly...the trucking industry currently employing about 3.5 Million people is No 1 on the automation (AI driverless trucks) hit parade. So...it might be a job for the next 3-5 years, but nothing for the future. Its the slow recognition of this that has caused the issue of Universal Income to be in the news more and more. Its coming. ((Automation and UBI))
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... rs-jobs-us

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Tue May 22, 2018 3:42 pm

Next up: "I absolutely love and will not give up my favorite (and unsecured) Twitter phone, because it was a tremendous gift from my terrific friend Vladie!"

ElectricMonk
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Post by ElectricMonk » Tue May 22, 2018 5:01 pm

I bet there are dozens of hackers who could take over Trump's Twitter account, but have correctly decided that they could write more devastating stuff than Trump, and even if they tired, no one would notice the difference.