Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

What you think about how you think.
User avatar
gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5653
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Post by gorgeous » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:55 pm

related to seth---that we choose....---------- Helen Wambach--"Life Before Life"----she hypnotised 750 subjects and questioned them about life before life....the results were surprising...she asked among others if they chose to live on Earth again..only 28% were happy about returning to physical bodies....the rest were counseled that they needed more experience and learning and must return. They all chose to be born , though most were reluctant, a few seemingly against their will. ------------Some of the subjects said this--------"My mother was unhappy. I was aware of her unhappiness. In the birth-canal I had a backache , then flexed and felt better. The impressions after birth were that it was very funny because people think you know nothing, but you know it all, and it's very funny."--------------------------------------"When you asked about attachment to the fetus , I felt I didn't enter the fetus until my mother was in labor. I felt anger at the loss of control as soon as I was born"---------------------------------"No, I didn't choose to be born. I was instructed to return"-------"Yes, I chose to be born and I was helped in this choice by a council of souls. I knew my parents needed me because they lost a 15 month old child in a fire. I was eager to come to them"----------------"I wanted to be female for pleasure, but I chose the male sex for this liftetime because for me the tests would be harder." --------------"I chose to be female because I felt it would be easier to help people as a female."--------------"I chose to be female because a man cannot give as fully as a female."---------------------"My sex was not important for my purpose" -----------------"Yes, I was male in my last life and I wanted to continue where I left off. I had wanted to become a scientist in my last life, but I had died as a young soldier."-----"I chose to become male to lessen the shock of physical sensation."-----------------"When you asked about a purpose for this life, it flashed in my mind that I thought I was a lttle too special, and I'm here this time to work through that mighty ego."------------"When you asked about a purpose, I understood why I did choose my parents. It was to help them in the working of their karmas. I felt I was to be used as the instrument to help my parents."----------------"When you asked about a purpose, I felt that I came this time to be a nurturer."------------"My purpose was to live in a time of great trials, and to learn from them."-------------"My twin wanted to go into physical life at this time and talked me into going with her."-------------"I chose this time period because it's the era of outer space." -----"My purpose was to develop my inner self and independence."---------------"When you asked what my purpose was, the words' 'to get along with others' was repeated 3 times."-----------------------"My purpose in this life is to learn humility"---------"My purpose is to guide other souls through this age of transition."------------------"My purpose is to overcome fear"----------------"My purpose is to become free of materialism and to combat negativeness"-------"I came into this life to learn love and compassion"--------"When you asked about a purpose for this life, I heard a voice insist I needed more experience."----------------"My purpose is to make up to people who I hurt in previous lives."----------------"I was in and out of the fetus until the moment of birth"-----------------"I was in and out of the fetus and hovering around it."------------"I seemed to be tending to the growth of the fetus both inside and out"--------------"It seemed I came and went with the fetus, checking to see if it's ok"--------------" I was outside the fetus and watched the difficulty of my birth (breech)...I didn't join it until later."--------------------"I didn't join the fetus until the last minute. I was too busy and happy elsewhere"-------------"Shortly before birth we entered the fetuses. (twins)...We were fighting about which body to pick, the blonde haired or the brown -haired fetus."-------------------"I wasn't attached to the fetus until I heard some voices ( guides helping her deciding when to incarnate) ...warn me that the birth would be premature and they urged me to "hurry up and get in there" at about seven months."-------------"I chose this century because all conditions seemed correct"--------------"I chose the last half of the century to be with my husband"--------" I chose this time to be with my mother who was my best friend in a previous life"--------------"I chose this time because it is a time of great social and political strife."
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5653
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Post by gorgeous » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:36 am

how about that^^^?....interesting...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1447
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Post by placid » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:49 am

...................
Last edited by placid on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5578
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Tarrytown, NY, USA

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Post by Monster » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:18 am

placid wrote:The 'I' doesn't choose anything, the 'I' is a thought, an idea appearing from nothing, therefore, 'thought' is nothing other than nothing. All choice is a choiceless choice. All thought, ideas, concepts, beliefs and assumptions, are what apparently constitute what we imagine to be a real material world, but all realness is unreal, all reality is unreality, all appearances are the residue of thought, in the same context of cinderella's biological father, the whole idea is a fiction.The problem is that as soon as we attach labels and concepts onto something, our egos kick in and start objectifying it, nailing it down, and spinning off stories to make something permanent out of it. You cannot nail down something that only exists as a thought/idea...in other words only exists as a fiction. The 'I' dea of a self is the delusion of a confined awareness or in other words, all phenomena is noumenon bound.
Do you think that you exist?
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1447
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Post by placid » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:10 pm

................
Last edited by placid on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Poodle
True Skeptic
Posts: 10862
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Post by Poodle » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:32 pm

placid wrote:... Any belief in a thought strengthens and solidifies the thought into things we see...
You're still here so that's demonstrable BS - I held that thought long and hard.

User avatar
OutOfBreath
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2301
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:38 pm
Custom Title: Persistent ponderer
Location: Norway

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Post by OutOfBreath » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:54 pm

Why do you compulsively delete all your posts, placid? Are you catching yourself saying regrettable things that often?

I was about to respond to your latest riposte with me (yes, I can be slow), but see I now dont have to bother. What is the point of debating you if you're gonna reset every 3 days?

Peace
Dan
What is perceived as real becomes real in its consequences.

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28041
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Location: sometimes

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Post by scrmbldggs » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:50 pm

There is not point. That's the point.

Or maybe that's the pint. Speaking.

And the "I can do whatever I want" of the lit being.
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1447
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Post by placid » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:57 pm

....................
Last edited by placid on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1447
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Post by placid » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:02 pm

..................
Last edited by placid on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28041
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Location: sometimes

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Post by scrmbldggs » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:03 pm

placid wrote:What is the point of debating with someone who disappears half way through the debate. Why start the show, if you are not going to hang around to watch it? you've missed the boat, I've moved on.
Spoken like a true attention seeker.

Another trait of the deluded seeker and speaker of so-called non-duality. :heh:
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5653
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Post by gorgeous » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:07 pm

did all of you choose this time to be on Earth?...what was your purpose for your life?
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28041
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Location: sometimes

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Post by scrmbldggs » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:17 pm

You picked a fine time to speak here, Lucille.
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
OutOfBreath
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2301
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:38 pm
Custom Title: Persistent ponderer
Location: Norway

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Post by OutOfBreath » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:06 pm

placid wrote:
OutOfBreath wrote:Why do you compulsively delete all your posts, placid? Are you catching yourself saying regrettable things that often?
No regrets, why regret that which only exists as a memory, any message can appear or disappear, it usually stays if there is an object to bounce off ( echoed ) - when there is absence of echo, the message disappears due to it's irrelevance within the current flow....
''You cannot step twice into the same river; for other waters are continually flowing in.''

Image
I'm afraid you just failed the turing test.

What is the point of debating with someone who disappears half way through the debate. Why start the show, if you are not going to hang around to watch it? you've missed the boat, I've moved on.
No, I dont know what the point is in debating people who cover their tracks all the time. I hadn't disengaged, you yourself eliminated my chance to debate you. You are apparently continously embarassed by your own writings.
If you want to continue the debate, then try to stay with me.
Nah. Nowhere near worth the effort. Ramble on! ( Or format the drive or whatever. I did mean that part about the turing test)

Peace
Dan
What is perceived as real becomes real in its consequences.

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1447
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Post by placid » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:34 pm

..................
Last edited by placid on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1447
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Post by placid » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:50 pm

....................
Last edited by placid on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1447
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Post by placid » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:59 pm

.....................
Last edited by placid on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1447
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Post by placid » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:32 pm

gorgeous wrote:related to seth---that we choose....---------- Helen Wambach--"Life Before Life"----she hypnotised 750 subjects and questioned them about life before life....the results were surprising...she asked among others if they chose to live on Earth again..only 28% were happy about returning to physical bodies....the rest were counseled that they needed more experience and learning and must return. They all chose to be born , though most were reluctant, a few seemingly against their will. ------------Some of the subjects said this--------"My mother was unhappy. I was aware of her unhappiness. In the birth-canal I had a backache , then flexed and felt better. The impressions after birth were that it was very funny because people think you know nothing, but you know it all, and it's very funny."--------------------------------------"When you asked about attachment to the fetus , I felt I didn't enter the fetus until my mother was in labor. I felt anger at the loss of control as soon as I was born"---------------------------------"No,I didn't choose to be born. I was instructed to return"-------"Yes, I chose to be born and I was helped in this choice by a council of souls. I knew my parents needed me because they lost a 15 month old child in a fire. I was eager to come to them"----------------"I wanted to be female for pleasure, but I chose the male sex for this liftetime because for me the tests would be harder." --------------"I chose to be female because I felt it would be easier to help people as a female."--------------"I chose to be female because a man cannot give as fully as a female."---------------------"My sex was not important for my purpose" -----------------"Yes, I was male in my last life and I wanted to continue where I left off. I had wanted to become a scientist in my last life, but I had died as a young soldier."-----"I chose to become male to lessen the shock of physical sensation."-----------------"When you asked about a purpose for this life, it flashed in my mind that I thought I was a lttle too special, and I'm here this time to work through that mighty ego."------------"When you asked about a purpose, I understood why I did choose my parents. It was to help them in the working of their karmas. I felt I was to be used as the instrument to help my parents."----------------"When you asked about a purpose, I felt that I came this time to be a nurturer."------------"My purpose was to live in a time of great trials, and to learn from them."-------------"My twin wanted to go into physical life at this time and talked me into going with her."-------------"I chose this time period because it's the era of outer space." -----"My purpose was to develop my inner self and independence."---------------"When you asked what my purpose was, the words' 'to get along with others' was repeated 3 times."-----------------------"My purpose in this life is to learn humility"---------"My purpose is to guide other souls through this age of transition."------------------"My purpose is to overcome fear"----------------"My purpose is to become free of materialism and to combat negativeness"-------"I came into this life to learn love and compassion"--------"When you asked about a purpose for this life, I heard a voice insist I needed more experience."----------------"My purpose is to make up to people who I hurt in previous lives."----------------"I was in and out of the fetus until the moment of birth"-----------------"I was in and out of the fetus and hovering around it."------------"I seemed to be tending to the growth of the fetus both inside and out"--------------"It seemed I came and went with the fetus, checking to see if it's ok"--------------" I was outside the fetus and watched the difficulty of my birth (breech)...I didn't join it until later."--------------------"I didn't join the fetus until the last minute. I was too busy and happy elsewhere"-------------"Shortly before birth we entered the fetuses. (twins)...We were fighting about which body to pick, the blonde haired or the brown -haired fetus."-------------------"I wasn't attached to the fetus until I heard some voices ( guides helping her deciding when to incarnate) ...warn me that the birth would be premature and they urged me to "hurry up and get in there" at about seven months."-------------"I chose this century because all conditions seemed correct"--------------"I chose the last half of the century to be with my husband"--------" I chose this time to be with my mother who was my best friend in a previous life"--------------"I chose this time because it is a time of great social and political strife."


What is the ' I ' that is being referred to?

Taken from .....http://www.no-self.com/

“I am aware that I am at my computer right now thinking about all this. If there is no “me”, then who is aware of me sitting here and thinking?”

“I am able to observe everything that is going on around me. If there is no “me”, then who is able to observe everything?”

"I am conscious of looking at this webpage right now and feeling confused. If there is no "me", then who is conscious of looking at this and feeling confused?"

' I ' am aware…..
' I ' am able to observe…..
' I ' am conscious......

What is the ' I ' that is being referred to?

Awareness exists. Observation exists. Consciousness exists. However, they are not "yours". They do not exist separately (in 'you') even though it appears so.

Awareness, observation, and consciousness don't require a separate ' I ' to exist. They can exist without the mental construction of ' I '. The mind tries to connect awareness, observation, and consciousness to "something" tangible. So, it creates a separate ' I ' to make sense of things.

User avatar
Lausten
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3929
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:33 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Post by Lausten » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:58 pm

placid wrote:What is the ' I ' that is being referred to?
That's a great question. You got the answer completely wrong. People have been pondering this for ages and now we have neuroscience, but you found an answer on a website, and you think that's good. Do you know anything about who wrote that site? How did they come up with "undivided WHOLE of Consciousness (or Awareness, Source, Life, or whatever label you prefer)". Pretty sure they made that up. They can't even decide on a name.

The experience comes from your nervous system, mostly your brain, but you have no feeling of that, no sensation informing us of that. We say our head hurts when we are thinking hard because someone told us thoughts come from our brain. It's the same reason people originally said their heart hurts when they were feeling certain emotions, because someone told them that's where those feelings were coming from. Since we can now give people an artificial heart and they can still feel love, I'm going to go with feelings coming from the brain.
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:23 am

gorgeous wrote:did all of you choose this time to be on Earth?.
Nope. Mum & Dad had finished their second bottle of wine and there was an ad break on TV. I turned up nine months later. I had no say in the matter.
gorgeous wrote:.what was your purpose for your life?
A "one shot" entertaining distraction when TV adverts are on.
:D

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:26 am

placid wrote:That I am embarrassed by my own writings is your thought projected at me,...not my thought.
You wrote your own posts, you complete idiot. You then deleted them because you expressed your love for Hitler and realised what you had done.
:D

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1447
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Post by placid » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:08 am

....................
Last edited by placid on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1447
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Post by placid » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:20 am

...............
Last edited by placid on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5578
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Tarrytown, NY, USA

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Post by Monster » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:48 am

placid, what do you think would happen if you stabbed yourself in the hand with a fork? Nothing?
placid wrote: If the answers are not there, the questions cannot be there.
By the way, that makes no sense. If I asked a question, and the questionee doesn't answer, it doesn't mean my question wasn't asked.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1447
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Post by placid » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:45 am

....................
Last edited by placid on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lausten
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3929
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:33 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Post by Lausten » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:06 am

Even an illusion assumes there is something creating it. You are stuck in a trap of your own creation. The rest of us are not.
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

User avatar
Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5578
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Tarrytown, NY, USA

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Post by Monster » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:58 am

placid wrote:
Monster wrote:placid, what do you think would happen if you stabbed yourself in the hand with a fork? Nothing?
What would happen would be a feeling sensed, a feeling of pain - pain arising from nowhere fading to nowhere. Pain appears to be happening, but nothing is actually happening.
Do you think nothing would happen if you severed your leg?
placid wrote:
placid wrote: If the answers are not there, the questions cannot be there.
By the way, that makes no sense. If I asked a question, and the questionee doesn't answer, it doesn't mean my question wasn't asked.
A question demands an answer, but who is asking the question? who want's to know?

Is it the mind?

Any answer would have to be already in the question, they go together. The mind seeks for answers that don't exist except as invented by the mind which is an illusion.
I disagree.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1447
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Post by placid » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:30 pm

........................
Last edited by placid on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1447
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Post by placid » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:36 pm

....................
Last edited by placid on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lausten
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3929
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:33 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Post by Lausten » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:51 pm

placid wrote:
Lausten wrote:Even an illusion assumes there is something creating it.
Yes, it's called another illusion.
You are stuck in a trap of your own creation.
What trap would that be?
The trap of needing to define illusion as something created by an illusion. You've discovered Munchausen's trilemma and you choose to remain there. You do the exercise, the thought experiment, then you make up some data, you jump to a conclusion. Worse you justify doing that by making up more stuff and claiming you know things that no one else does. You justify your intentional ignorance because it's easier than looking for answers to the questions that remain unanswered.You go a little farther than most by claiming "question" and "answer" don't have meaning. You're very deep in the trap.
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1447
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Post by placid » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:54 pm

.......................
Last edited by placid on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1447
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Post by placid » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:03 pm

......................
Last edited by placid on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lausten
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3929
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:33 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Post by Lausten » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:54 pm

Lausten pulls up on the hammer, straining against the spring...
placid wrote: Why ask a question when you already know there is no answer?
What? Did you mean why ask a question when you know the answer? Because knowing there is no answer would be about the same as knowing the answer. I said, or at least meant, "not YET answered". I only know that no one has YET to answer these questions. That does not imply no answer, it implies not knowing. I ask because I want to know.
placid wrote:Who invented science?
Another great question. One that was at the beginning of my journey. Wikipedia has a good page on the scientific method, although you should only use that as a jumping off point.
placid wrote:Who holds the knowledge in all the minds of all the creatures and all the computers and of all 'things' as they are known to be... eternally? How is this meaning made instantly accessible to awareness? Nonsense meaningless questions.
Huh? no one holds all the knowledge. Why is it meaningless for each new mind to want to be filled?
placid wrote:Everybody knows what I know....no one is in a trap, everything is imagined. Is there any thing imagined that is not known,? they go together.
Snap.
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1447
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Post by placid » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:16 am

..................
Last edited by placid on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1447
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Post by placid » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:32 am

.....................
Last edited by placid on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Teachings in Philosophy by Bugs Bunny

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:43 am

6a010536b5599f970c0111688a706c970c-320wi.jpg
Monster wrote:placid, what do you think would happen if you stabbed yourself in the hand with a fork? Nothing?
placid wrote:What would happen would be a feeling sensed, a feeling of pain - pain arising from nowhere fading to nowhere. Pain appears to be happening, but nothing is actually happening.
This is obviously complete rubbish. We are evolved creatures. Our reaction to pain is an evolved complex group of processes, as a "warning device" (and other things). I assume you are anti evolution, otherwise how do you account for other creatures responding to the same environment? A dog experiences pain, lizards experience pain and/or has a reflex, a fish feels pain and/or has a reflex, an amoeba has a reflex. If humans and all these creatures have evolved similar reflexes to the same environment, then that environment is probably real and not imaginary as you claim.

Or, are you, alone, in some sort of shared illusion, with all non human creatures, including goldfish and chihuahuas? Are you suggesting all humans are like Daffy Duck in the above cartoon?

:D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1447
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Teachings in Philosophy by Bugs Bunny

Post by placid » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:19 am

.....................
Last edited by placid on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1447
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Post by placid » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:26 am

..................
Last edited by placid on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1447
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Teachings in Philosophy by Bugs Bunny

Post by placid » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:36 am

..................
Last edited by placid on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lausten
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3929
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:33 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: Seth teachings by Jane Roberts

Post by Lausten » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:45 am

placid wrote:.. though plainly here it is...
At least we agree that we exist. You also seem to agree that evolution happened for survival. But at some point, you stop. You stop asking questions. You stop wanting to know. There's not much anyone can do about that.
Last edited by Lausten on Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com