Nature brown in tooth and claw

Creationism, Intelligent Design, and Evolution.
Abdul Alhazred
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: Yes that one.

Nature brown in tooth and claw

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:30 am

Giant meat-eating plants prefer to eat tree shrew poo (BBC)

Pitchers are the largest carnivorous plants, and the largest pitchers grow in Borneo.

One, known as Nepenthes rajah, is believed to be the largest meat-eating plant in the world, growing pitchers that can hold two litres of water if filled to the brim.

"This species has always been famous for its ability to trap rodents, but I've been looking at the pitchers of this species on and off since 1987, and I've never seen a trapped rat inside," says Dr Charles Clarke, an expert on carnivorous plants based at Monash University's Sunway Campus in Selangor, Malaysia.

"This made me wonder: if it is large enough to trap rats, but it only traps them very rarely, it is likely that the pitchers are large because of some other reason?"

Pictures at link. It even looks like a toilet.

More evidences for the theory of IID (intelligent icky design).

Some things are just too icky to have evolved naturally. :pr:
Aldous Huxley wrote:A government with a comprehensive plan for the betterment of society is a government that uses torture.

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Re: Nature brown in tooth and claw

Post by Monster » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:41 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Giant meat-eating plants prefer to eat tree shrew poo (BBC)

Pitchers are the largest carnivorous plants, and the largest pitchers grow in Borneo.

One, known as Nepenthes rajah, is believed to be the largest meat-eating plant in the world, growing pitchers that can hold two litres of water if filled to the brim.

"This species has always been famous for its ability to trap rodents, but I've been looking at the pitchers of this species on and off since 1987, and I've never seen a trapped rat inside," says Dr Charles Clarke, an expert on carnivorous plants based at Monash University's Sunway Campus in Selangor, Malaysia.

"This made me wonder: if it is large enough to trap rats, but it only traps them very rarely, it is likely that the pitchers are large because of some other reason?"

Pictures at link. It even looks like a toilet.

More evidences for the theory of IID (intelligent icky design).

Some things are just too icky to have evolved naturally. :pr:

Intelligent icky design made me :lol: .
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.