I had a strange, vivid dream last night. Please interpret.

What does make the world turn?
wire422302
BANNED

I had a strange, vivid dream last night. Please interpret.

Post by wire422302 » Fri May 18, 2007 4:15 pm

I dreamed that I watched and became part of a movie or could it be vision. The movie was about a world hundreds of years in the future in which Islam dominates and oppresses the non-believers. Al Gore was a political prisoner for critizing the Koran and so were a couple others who were in brutal, high tech prison.There were unbelievers who had their own clubs and ironically bars as long as they kept it undercover and to themselves.

Shariah law ruled with an iron fist and there were Muslim superrobots that kept order. I don't know if they were robots. But they looked human except for a green, flourescent glowing under there helmets and a little bit in there eyes. There were also high tech madrassas that looked like the heaven that Islam describes were the elite studied the Quran on nice furniture, with non believing servants serving them fruit. One day, I witnessed this, a non-believer became angry when one of these superhumans became abusive. He pushed him off a balcony where he fell to his death. A crowd gathered around the body and pointed up to where he fell. I don't know why I was there too.

All the rage of these police/ creatures was then unleashed on the unbelievers in the particluar high rise building (and I mean high rise!) I was in. I went to a room where there was a bar run by the actor Harvey Fierstein (you may remember him from such movies as Mrs. Doubtfire, and Independence day) and non-believing patrons. The police stormed in and asked who killed the guard. Everyone started throwing chairs and bottles at them to no avail and the police killed everyone there with there weapons. It was as if the Muslims were invincible and had superior technology from another world.

Next I found myself in a restaurant supposedly reserved for unburqa wearing women and unbelievers who were hearing the commotion. One little girl asked her mother if they were safe. The mother assured her that they were because they had done nothing wrong and that the police would understand that. Yet the man/creatures burst in and slaughtered EVERYONE. They tried to break through the windows but they were unable to do so.

Next I somehow found myself watching people trying to hide and runaway all around town and these creatures had flying machines that were chasing them. Next I somehow was watching in the third person the different ways in which people were hiding, under trains, in basements, in elevator shafts etc.

Lastly before I woke up, I saw one of these machines that still had it's engine on and decided to go for a ride, or make an escape (I don't know if I was an observer in this dream or a participant even now!). It took me a while for me to figure out how to use it, but ironically it was quite simple.

It turns out that the vehicle had a mode in which it would tell the rider the history of the world and how it got to be in the contempary Muslim dominated condition. Maybe this was no coincidence but meant to be there for me. As I flew it became night time and it showed the unnamed city sometime in the 21st century and in the background was Louis Farrakhan preaching about the evils of America. At this point it was 7:30 and I woke up.

This was a VERY vivid dream and unlike most dreams I have had in which I forgot I remember every detail. It is also unusual in that I woke up twice in the night to use the bathroom and the dream picked up from where I left off. I don't know why the 3 famous people I mentioned were in the dream, they just were. I also don't know where in the dream I was physically all the time, but all in all it was in chronological order and seemed to make sense when it was happening.

Is there a meaning to this dream? If so what? It bears the marks of movies such as "The Matrix" and "I robot" but it has been at least two years since I saw those movies. Is this a vision? Help me find out.

Even atheists agree that there are reasons that we dream certain things and that they can mean something.

Jay Hoover
Frequent Poster

Re: I had a strange, vivid dream last night. Please interpre

Post by Jay Hoover » Fri May 18, 2007 9:29 pm

wire422302 wrote:I dreamed that I watched and became part of a movie or could it be vision. The movie was about a world hundreds of years in the future in which Islam dominates and oppresses the non-believers.

This is about life. The theater represents the womb. The movie is the "light" at the end of the tunnel. Stepping into the movie as it's going on is your entering into the world, which has started before you.

Your resentment that existence existed before you and therefore will ocntinue after you motivates the facistic overtones of the Islamic domination and oppression. Since you cannot apply such overbearing behavior to "your people" (Jews), you've assigned the behavior to who you consider your "enemy", i.e., those you most worry are opposed to you as a collective group (Moslems).

Al Gore was a political prisoner for critizing the Koran and so were a couple others who were in brutal, high tech prison.

Again, the prison is the womb. However, the bars represent your inability to re-enter that womb, and your guilt at feeling if you did, you would have to have committed some criminal act.

Al Gore represents "Mother Earth" with his concern for the environment. The high-tech aspects of the prison don't represent technology, they represent your psyche's belief that you are denied "the womb" by nearly inpenetrable levels of difficulty.

There were unbelievers who had their own clubs and ironically bars as long as they kept it undercover and to themselves.

This indicates two issues: On the one hand, it's an awareness that others are having the freedom to indulge their unfettered beliefs free from the shackles of an oppressive regime. They also do this at the risk of their freedom, a courage that you envy and wish you had. On the other hand, they are "in the closet" which speaks to your latent feelings of homosexuality, which you are concerned arises from your inability to re-enter the womb without a great deal of difficulty.

Shariah law ruled with an iron fist and there were Muslim superrobots that kept order. I don't know if they were robots. But they looked human except for a green, flourescent glowing under there helmets and a little bit in there eyes.

This represents your underlying fear that belief systems not based on reason and open-minded thinking are actually mechanized dogmas that lead to an inhuman existence. This is probably the most important symbolism in your dream: It clearly represents a dogmatic belief system (Islam in this case) being nothing more than a robotic response. Believers ultimately are programmed, and incapable of true humanity.

Very telling.

There were also high tech madrassas that looked like the heaven that Islam describes were the elite studied the Quran on nice furniture, with non believing servants serving them fruit. One day, I witnessed this, a non-believer became angry when one of these superhumans became abusive. He pushed him off a balcony where he fell to his death. A crowd gathered around the body and pointed up to where he fell. I don't know why I was there too.

We are everyone in our dreams. You were there to witness the inner you who recognizes the freedom that unbelief represents embrace that rebellion to the dehumanizing that results from religious dogma.

All the rage of these police/ creatures was then unleashed on the unbelievers in the particluar high rise building (and I mean high rise!) I was in.

Again, the deep rooted understanding that religion dehumanizes us, and turns us into mindless robots who are preprogrammed to behave in a way that is repellant and not in the best interests of humanity.

Take 2 guesses what the "high-rise building" represents.

I went to a room where there was a bar run by the actor Harvey Fierstein (you may remember him from such movies as Mrs. Doubtfire, and Independence day) and non-believing patrons.

Again, your dream is giving vent to your underlying fears of latent homosexuality. You've connected unbelievers with a known homosexual symbol of success; you are afraid that discarding your mechanized religious views will lead you to a self-admittance of homosexuality, bolstered by the fear that you cannot re-enter the womb (i.e., are denied the vagina) by the bars of the prison, the high-tech security, etc.

The police stormed in and asked who killed the guard. Everyone started throwing chairs and bottles at them to no avail and the police killed everyone there with there weapons. It was as if the Muslims were invincible and had superior technology from another world.

Given your subconscious world view and fears, you see chaos as just around the corner; both in the above paragrpah and the following:

Next I found myself in a restaurant supposedly reserved for unburqa wearing women and unbelievers who were hearing the commotion. One little girl asked her mother if they were safe. The mother assured her that they were because they had done nothing wrong and that the police would understand that. Yet the man/creatures burst in and slaughtered EVERYONE. They tried to break through the windows but they were unable to do so.

Don't forget-- you are both the little girl and the mother. Notice how you are not a little boy here. This relates back to the fears of homosexuality.

Next I somehow found myself watching people trying to hide and runaway all around town and these creatures had flying machines that were chasing them. Next I somehow was watching in the third person the different ways in which people were hiding, under trains, in basements, in elevator shafts etc.

This shows your disconnection to humanity as you watched their terror and fear in a detached and unemotional way. This represents your beginning to sympathize with the robots, since as a believer yourself, you are in the same boat with them. It's assumed by you that other believers would NOT be hiding and in fear, because they are believers and hence not at risk. But the risk is their dehumanization, which your unemotional objective witnessing to their suffering conveys.

Lastly before I woke up, I saw one of these machines that still had it's engine on and decided to go for a ride, or make an escape (I don't know if I was an observer in this dream or a participant even now!). It took me a while for me to figure out how to use it, but ironically it was quite simple.

It turns out that the vehicle had a mode in which it would tell the rider the history of the world and how it got to be in the contempary Muslim dominated condition. Maybe this was no coincidence but meant to be there for me. As I flew it became night time and it showed the unnamed city sometime in the 21st century and in the background was Louis Farrakhan preaching about the evils of America. At this point it was 7:30 and I woke up.

The vehicle is critical thinking and reason. It allows you to escape the dehumanizing affects of the religious doctrine that dehumanizes people and oppresses them. It's not hard to use once you know how to use it, but it does take some work to be able to properly implement. Once implemented, it opens you up to information you were previously denied, and it frees you from the oppression that you are doubly terrified of: its source of pain and suffering, and its stripping you of your humanity.

Even atheists agree that there are reasons that we dream certain things and that they can mean something.

I'd say the message coming to you from yourself is loud and clear.

Articulett
Persistent Poster

Post by Articulett » Fri May 18, 2007 10:12 pm

Jay, though I have wire on ignore, and didn't plan to read his dream post--(who is interested in other peoples' dreams anyhow?)--I decided to read your post. And I must say your analysis just seems so spot on. Wire should get his words of wisdom from you--not the bible or wherever it is he's getting it. I don't think the bible would have a single thing to say to help him find the "meaning" and "purpose" of his dream. You must have a special gift.
If you can't understand; maybe it's you: http://www.apa.org/journals/features/psp7761121.pdf

Chachacha
Has More Than 9K Posts
Custom Title: Irrational Skeptic

Post by Chachacha » Sat May 19, 2007 1:19 am

My interpretation: You ate to much hummus before going to bed.