[Science News] Brain-zapping implants that fight depression are inching closer to reality

Posts from RSS feeds of Earth
RSS Fetch
Posting Bot

[Science News] Brain-zapping implants that fight depression are inching closer to reality

Post by RSS Fetch » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:00 am

Researchers are using electric jolts to correct the faulty brain activity that sparks depression.

Source: https://www.sciencenews.org/article/bra ... er-reality

landrew
True Skeptic

Re: [Science News] Brain-zapping implants that fight depression are inching closer to reality

Post by landrew » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:43 pm

If money problems have you depressed, don't cut up your credit cards, just hook up the electrodes and it's happy times again. After all, depression is a medical disorder dontcha know.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: My nightmare

Re: [Science News] Brain-zapping implants that fight depression are inching closer to reality

Post by Gord » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:37 pm

Depression is a medical condition. But it's not the depression you're thinking of.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster
Custom Title: eugenics never stopped

Post by psychiatry is a scam » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:09 pm

landrew wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:43 pm
If money problems have you depressed, don't cut up your credit cards, just hook up the electrodes and it's happy times again. After all, depression is a medical disorder dontcha know.
thanks , I was gonna just do an OMG
but its ( what's a word for the opposite of depressing ? ) to read a similar opinion of the mental help? business

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: My nightmare

Post by Gord » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:51 pm

psychiatry is a scam wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:09 pm
landrew wrote:
but its ( what's a word for the opposite of depressing ? ) to read a similar opinion of the mental help? business
Exhilarating? Exciting? Manic-inducing?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster
Custom Title: eugenics never stopped

Post by psychiatry is a scam » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:28 pm

Gord wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:51 pm
psychiatry is a scam wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:09 pm
landrew wrote:
Exhilarating? Exciting? Manic-inducing?
nope