[Science News] Here’s how the record-breaking government shutdown is disrupting science

Posts from RSS feeds of Earth
RSS Fetch
Posting Bot

[Science News] Here’s how the record-breaking government shutdown is disrupting science

Post by RSS Fetch » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:00 pm

The partial government shutdown is taking many U.S. scientists out of commission and putting up hurdles to their research.

Source: https://www.sciencenews.org/article/how ... ng-science

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: My nightmare

Re: [Science News] Here’s how the record-breaking government shutdown is disrupting science

Post by Gord » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:08 pm

Countless projects researching everything from climate change to pest control to hurricane prediction are on hold.
Trump: "Win/win!"
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Martin Brock
Has More Than 6K Posts

Re: [Science News] Here’s how the record-breaking government shutdown is disrupting science

Post by Martin Brock » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:59 am

Maybe humanity will survive the loss of another peer-reviewed article on worm blobs.
People associating freely respect norms of their choice, and relationships governed this way are necessarily interdependent.

More central authorities conquer by dividing, imposing norms channeling the value of synergy toward themselves.

"Every man for himself" is the prescription of a state, not a free community. A state protects the poor from the rich only in fairy tales.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:24 am

NASA is also going without pay. That means all the lovely people working on all the lovely things lately, from climate studies to the Ultima Thule, are looking for work. :P
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Martin Brock
Has More Than 6K Posts

Post by Martin Brock » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:47 am

You're insinuating that worm blobs are not lovely?
People associating freely respect norms of their choice, and relationships governed this way are necessarily interdependent.

More central authorities conquer by dividing, imposing norms channeling the value of synergy toward themselves.

"Every man for himself" is the prescription of a state, not a free community. A state protects the poor from the rich only in fairy tales.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:47 am

Different strokes for different folks, but no, I'm not insinuating anything about anyone or anywhen I hadn't mentioned in my comments. Rather I'm merely focussing on the lovely things I had labelled.
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?