Las Vegas

Duck and cover
KevinLevites
Poster

Las Vegas

Post by KevinLevites » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:36 am

Why?

What is it that compels someone to do something like this?

This guy was a multimillionaire, no history of mental illness, no history of crime (although his father was a bank robber on FBI most wanted list), etc..

What is it that causes someone to snap like this?

Any answers?

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Las Vegas

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:00 am

Some apes are crazier than others.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Post by Aztexan » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:50 pm

It was Sunday
trump is Putin's bitch

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:26 pm

God was watching over the people who didn't get killed or wounded. The ones that did get slaughtered or maimed were probably Hillary voters.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:42 pm

Las Vegas shooter worked for predecessor of Lockheed Martin

https://finance.yahoo.com/.../las-vegas ... 00662.html

22 hours ago - Lockheed Martin, the world's largest defense contractor, said the retired Paddock was employed by a predecessor company about 30 years ... -----------------------yet another mass shooter with govt connection...hmmmm
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:49 pm

posts about shooter-----"Who puts a portrait of himself on Facebook that looks like a drugged psycho who was beaten and dragged by his feet up 32 flights of stairs back to his room from the roulette table. Who posts a picture like that? You can't tell me that guy can setup a Facebook page either."-----------------------"Hillary's comment about silencers seemed very odd and out of context to the situation. Then again Hillary may have a lot of knowledge about silencers and when and where to use them. "----------"Antifa stuff found in shooters room reminds me of the passport found on 9/11."
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:01 pm

FBI Source: Vegas Shooter Found with Antifa Literature, Photos Taken ...

https://www.infowars.com/fbi-source-veg ... ature-phot...

22 hours ago - The Las Vegas shooter didn't commit suicide as the mainstream media is reporting, but was killed by a FBI hostage rescue team who also ...

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:16 pm

didn't believe this guy when I watched him...

Poodle
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Post-bloom

Post by Poodle » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:30 pm

Doesn't take long for the morons to get to work, does it?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Post by scrmbldggs » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:44 pm

What did it say? I opted for the same surgery Gawd elected. :-P
Lard, save me from your followers.

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Custom Title: Super Skeptic

Post by Lance Kennedy » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:42 pm

The one thing you can be sure of is that this atrocity will NOT lead to sensible government action.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:45 pm

Its fun to listen to the NRA paid for Congress Creeps. They sound just like Xouper.

In my view........it was a statement about the quality of Country Western Music. I agree with his judgement, but not his actions. A harsh letter to the local music critic would have been more appropriate. Almost makes me think some mental issue is involved........................ we can always blame brain tumors. Much better than Martin Marietta.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Post by Aztexan » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:59 pm

From what I've seen so far, there is no known motive. Maybe his motive was just to shoot a bunch of {!#%@} because he could.
Is that motive enough these days in America made great again?
trump is Putin's bitch

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Post by Aztexan » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:06 pm

Lance Kennedy wrote:The one thing you can be sure of is that this atrocity will NOT lead to sensible government action.

"...What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach so you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
I don't like it any more than you men..."
trump is Putin's bitch

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:10 pm

Poodle wrote:Doesn't take long for the morons to get to work, does it?
Gorgeous is a disgusting human being. He climbs up over the 59 dead bodies, of innocent people, to get attention to himself.

I will probably ask Pyrrho to ban Gorgeous soon for spamming nonsense, as Matt MSV7 has basically taken over that job.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:50 pm

Las Vegas Mass Shooting: False Flag, PsyOp & Black Op to Distract ...

fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/las-vegas-mass-shooting-false-flag...op.../209023

1 day ago - This extremely well planned and covered up domestic terrorist attack was obviously a false flag operation.

KevinLevites
Poster

Post by KevinLevites » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:55 pm

I posted a year ago about aftermarket devices designed to convert a semi auto into the functional equivalent of a full-auto machine gun.

Well, my prophecy was confirmed (much to my dismay and horror).

This crazy, psychopathic maniac used a 'bump fire' aftermarket stock on his AR-15 style rifles.

I knew that something like this would happen.

With the understanding that I don't like being right under these circumstances...when are lawmakers going to outlaw things like this?

These toys can be had for a pittance from the Internet...and they are legal.

P.S. See my post on Saturday, July 23, 2016.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:07 am

gorgeous wrote:Las Vegas Mass Shooting: False Flag, PsyOp & Black Op to Distract ..fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/las-vegas-mass-shooting-false-flag...op.../209023 1 day ago - This extremely well planned and covered up domestic terrorist attack was obviously a false flag operation.
Reported for Spamming

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:09 am

reported for trolling

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Post by Lance Kennedy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:30 am

The gunmans motive is not yet clear.
We keep getting told he was very rich and a big gambler.

Is it possible that the latter means he is no longer the former ?

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:36 am

he was likely the govt's patsy...don't know if the guy shown was actually involved....his family couldn't believe he was...

KevinLevites
Poster

Post by KevinLevites » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:41 am

Gorgeous...I think you post in poor taste.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:46 am

gorgeous wrote:he was likely the govt's patsy...don't know if the guy shown was actually involved....his family couldn't believe he was...
You are spamming links to a extremist right wing "patriot" and conspiracy website and offering no evidence yourself for your claim.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:48 am

gorgeous wrote:he was likely the govt's patsy....
Then why don't your "remote viewers" gather the evidence together, or do you admit "remote viewing" is another form of fantasy crap you spam here to gain attention?

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:55 am

KevinLevites wrote:Gorgeous...I think you post in poor taste.
---why?
can't handle the truth?

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:55 am

govt mind controlled slaves trained as assassins is in poor taste...-----------------"Apparently, 'conspiracy stuff' is now shorthand for unspeakable truth. "

Gore Vidal

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:58 am

" When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic".-- Dresden James ----------- Plato — 'Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses.' --------“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth”
― Albert Einstein

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Post by Lance Kennedy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:09 am

Ever hear of Occam's razor, Gorgeous ?
The simpler explanation is usually the best. The simpler explanation here is related to the mental state of the deceased Mr. Paddock. My guess is that he was a loner who developed a grudge against the world. Something happened to trigger that grudge.

Of course the fact that US gun laws are so crappy that they permitted a nut case to collect an arsenal has to be part of it.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:12 am

he wasn't a loner, had a girlfriend and brother, family...when constant mass shootings happen it isn't by accident...there is an agenda...

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:16 am

gorgeous wrote:he wasn't a loner, had a girlfriend and brother, family...when constant mass shootings happen it isn't by accident...there is an agenda...
He wasn't close to any of them. Kinda defines a loner.........on a downward projection.

Mental Illness. Is that an Agenda? Will the Mentally Ill follow an Agenda .... or are they tools a la Manchurian Candidates?

Speaking of the Mentally Ill.........what's your Agenda G?
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Post by Lance Kennedy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:44 am

Gorgeous is simply a very gullible guy who believes everything he reads on the internet, including a range of conspiracy theories.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:32 am

gorgeous wrote:he was likely the govt's patsy...
Go away and ask your "remote viewers" to identify all the members of the conspiracy you claim exists.

That's unless, you are making all your bull-{!#%@} stories up as you go, because you are an old, lonely attention seeker, from Pasadena looking for attention.

xouper
True Skeptic

Post by xouper » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:34 am

Lance Kennedy wrote:The one thing you can be sure of is that this atrocity will NOT lead to sensible government action.
We've had this conversation before.

There are no "sensible" gun laws that could have prevented this shooting.

Every manner of legislation that has been proposed would either not have prevented this shooting, or would be a gross infringement of the civil liberties and rights of millions of law abiding citizens.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:58 am

What's the word on the suddenly halted proposed legislation on, AFAIK, allowing silencers, armor-penetrating bullets and any other enhancements that was supposed to be introduced this week. Any or all of that^ a natural part of civil liberties and rights or maybe just a little over the top NRA love affair?

xouper
True Skeptic

Post by xouper » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:59 am

scrmbldggs wrote:What's the word on the suddenly halted proposed legislation on, AFAIK, allowing silencers, . . . that was supposed to be introduced this week.
The term "silencer" is a misnomer. It does not silence anything. It merely reduces the noise to less harmful levels. The proper term is "suppressor".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suppressor

Hillary's ignorant tweet that such suppressors would mean you can't hear where the shots are coming from, is factually incorrect. That is typical of the misinformation being spread around by the gun grabbers.

scrmbldggs wrote:What's the word on the suddenly halted proposed legislation on, AFAIK, allowing silencers, armor-penetrating bullets and any other enhancements that was supposed to be introduced this week.
I am not familiar with proposed legislation for those other things (in yellow). Can you help me out by posting a link?

scrmbldggs wrote:Any or all of that^ a natural part of civil liberties and rights or maybe just a little over the top NRA love affair?
Not over the top, in my opinion.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:20 am

No link, just what I heard on the news. It's all I got, since I don't live by tweet.

xouper
True Skeptic

Post by xouper » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:31 am

scrmbldggs wrote:. . . I don't live by tweet.
We have something in common. :D

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:37 am

My guess is there's more than one thing :-D, but... also not from Twitter: 477 Days. 521 Mass Shootings...

and

xouper
True Skeptic

Post by xouper » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:17 am

So what. What is your argument?

Also, that chart shows some nice cherry picking, by excluding places like Mexico and Brazil, both of which have much higher homicide rates than the US. And fewer guns.

Warren Burger makes two errors.

1. The term "well regulated" in the Second Amendment does not mean oversight by the government, it means "the property of something being in proper working order". In the context of the Second Amendment, it means to be properly trained in the use of firearms.

http://www.constitution.org/cons/wellregu.htm

2. The Second Amendment is not about the rights of the militia, it is about the individual "right of the people". The recent Supreme Court rulings are very clear on that point.

Warren Burger's opinion is refuted by historians and by the Supreme Court itself.

Pyrrho
Administrator

Post by Pyrrho » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:30 am

I am sure this perpetrator was a responsible gun owner until he decided it was a good idea to kill as many people as he could from an elevated position with a stockpile of illegally-modified weapons.

We will collectively argue about the murderer's motives, his background, his mental health, his guns, the easy availability of guns, and so on, and so forth, pointing fingers at each other, for about a week or so, then all this will fade from memory along with any thoughts about the people he killed, whose families will mourn indefinitely, and about the wounded, who will suffer indefinitely in varying degrees.

Other countries have car bombers. We have this.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.