50 dead in Florida

Duck and cover
Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Custom Title: Super Skeptic

Re: 50 dead in Florida

Post by Lance Kennedy » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:20 am

TJ

All of us at times are likely to have worked for despicable companies. Once I worked for a company owned by rich Americans! How low can I go?

Paul Anthony
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: The other god

Post by Paul Anthony » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:49 am

Lance Kennedy wrote:TJ

All of us at times are likely to have worked for despicable companies. Once I worked for a company owned by rich Americans! How low can I go?
I once worked for a company owned by rich American Mormons.....see you and raise you one. :evil:
People who say ALWAYS and NEVER are usually wrong, part of the time.
Science answers questions, Philosophy questions answers.
Make sense, not war.

TJrandom
Has No Life
Custom Title: Salt of the earth

Post by TJrandom » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:53 pm

Paul Anthony wrote:

I once worked for a company owned by rich American Mormons.....see you and raise you one. :evil:
I almost worked for Mars - the candy bar company. They offered me a very good position and a decent pay raise at a time when I was `between employers`, so it was a little difficult to turn down. But that is what I did - after being asked if I would object terribly if an owners` relative, a green just out of college (brat) were to be assigned above me, at a higher salary, and I were asked to teach them. I am sure it is a good company in many ways, but that was not for me.

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Monster » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:12 pm

There's nothing wrong with rich Americans.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

TJrandom
Has No Life

Post by TJrandom » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:16 pm

Monster wrote:

The despicable ones - there is.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:01 pm

Spot the error: "There is nothing wrong with over privileged Americans."
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Paul Anthony
Veteran Poster

Post by Paul Anthony » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:13 pm

Monster wrote:

If it wasn't for rich Americans, there would be no jobs for poor Americans. I have never been offered a job by a poor person.
Make sense, not war.

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Post by JO 753 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:01 pm

Monster wrote: There's nothing wrong with rich Americans.
You ommited the punch line:

I woudnt mind owning a few.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster
Custom Title: eugenics never stopped

Post by psychiatry is a scam » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:06 pm

Paul Anthony wrote:
Monster wrote:

If it wasn't for rich Americans, there would be no jobs for poor Americans. I have never been offered a job by a poor person.
lot of people want a job , and a paycheck , and health insurance -
BUT it is very important to them that they never do anything they don't have to do .
actual work is for stupid losers :burn:

TJrandom
Has No Life

Post by TJrandom » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:35 pm

psychiatry is a scam wrote:
Paul Anthony wrote:
Monster wrote:

lot of people want a job , and a paycheck , and health insurance -
BUT it is very important to them that they never do anything they don't have to do .
actual work is for stupid losers :burn:
Being sarcastic maybe? At least I hope so.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:13 pm

Paul Anthony wrote:If it wasn't for rich Americans, there would be no jobs for poor Americans. I have never been offered a job by a poor person.
Never worked for a co-operative or a non-profit or gubment agency huh? Never worked for yourself or for family??

Spoken like a true slave.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

TJrandom
Has No Life

Post by TJrandom » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:49 pm

Paul Anthony wrote:
Monster wrote:

Many poor people create their own jobs - I did, many times. Working for yourself may not pay well, but it can pay the bills.

Paul Anthony
Veteran Poster

Post by Paul Anthony » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:53 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Paul Anthony wrote:If it wasn't for rich Americans, there would be no jobs for poor Americans. I have never been offered a job by a poor person.
Never worked for a co-operative or a non-profit or gubment agency huh? Never worked for yourself or for family??

Spoken like a true slave.
Actually, I have worked for two municipalities (because 7 years after quitting the first one I forgot how asinine they were) and have owned my own companies twice. No one gave me a job in my own company.
Make sense, not war.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:07 pm

So which is "true?" Your own personal experience...or what you posted?

Paul Anthony
Veteran Poster

Post by Paul Anthony » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:23 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:So which is "true?" Your own personal experience...or what you posted?
Both...neither...what difference does it make? Since when are you interested in facts?

Here's a fact for you: FBI data shows that 323 murders were committed with rifles of any kind in 2011. In comparison, 496 murders were committed with hammers and clubs, and 1,694 murders were perpetrated with knives. But you still want to ban AR-15's which are rifles, in case you didn't know that. Or in case you don't care.
Make sense, not war.

TJrandom
Has No Life

Post by TJrandom » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:07 am

Paul Anthony wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:So which is "true?" Your own personal experience...or what you posted?
Both...neither...what difference does it make? Since when are you interested in facts?

Here's a fact for you: FBI data shows that 323 murders were committed with rifles of any kind in 2011. In comparison, 496 murders were committed with hammers and clubs, and 1,694 murders were perpetrated with knives. But you still want to ban AR-15's which are rifles, in case you didn't know that. Or in case you don't care.
Of course - unless we see a change in building practices which substitute long guns for hammers, or butchers who slice meat with a rifle instead of a knife. Me thinks you have been drinking at the NRA bar a bit too long.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:43 am

Paul Anthony wrote:
Ha, ha....caught in your own bald faced stupidity.....you lash out. Amusing.

Hey PA===>guess what the BASIS of Pragmatism is? Since you appear not to accept that facts matter: the answer is Facts. I go where facts take me. This informs my value system..............which is pragmatism. Its true, a kind of general liberalism ties to push for particular outcomes...but only if and how they would actually work. OK...sometimes its hard to tell which comes first...but its entirely interactive. And when I am caught out in an inconsistency....I try to resolve it within myself before childishly lashing out at those who have given me an opportunity to learn.

So....knives.

Remind us PA===any other useful functions of a blade in society?

How many Mass Stabbings have their been? We'll wait for your next outburt.

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Monster » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:45 am

TJrandom wrote:
Monster wrote: There's nothing wrong with rich Americans.
The despicable ones - there is.
Well, that sounds like a tautology. Like "Despicable people have something wrong with them. People who aren't despicable don't." And yeah, sure, there are some despicable rich people. And there are some despicable poor people. And there are some despicable middle-class people.

There's something that people fail to realize about rich people. The majority of rich people, at least in the US, are old people who've been working for their entire lives, and they simply saved and spent their money wisely. That's what I'm doing. I'm not old nor rich yet, but when I'm old, I'll probably be in good shape, considering my current progress.
psychiatry is a scam wrote: actual work is for stupid losers :burn:
Uh, really? You mean like patching the roof of your own house? That's for losers?
Last edited by Monster on Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Monster » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:47 am

TJrandom wrote:
Paul Anthony wrote:

Of course - unless we see a change in building practices which substitute long guns for hammers, or butchers who slice meat with a rifle instead of a knife. Me thinks you have been drinking at the NRA bar a bit too long.
To be fair, self-defense and hunting are two reasonable and ordinary uses for rifles. I think people use shotguns more for self defense than hunting-type rifles though.

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Post by Lance Kennedy » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:25 am

Paul Anthony wrote:
You failed to mention the approximately 8,000 murders each year in the USA with hand guns, which are half of all murders. (Hand guns are also used in two thirds of all successful suicides there).

My view has always been that hand guns should be the main target for American gun control.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: prostrate spurge

Post by Gord » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:29 am

Monster wrote:To be fair, self-defense and hunting are two reasonable and ordinary uses for rifles.
Hunting, sure. Self-defense, absolutely not.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

ElectricMonk
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Post by ElectricMonk » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:33 am

The goal of banning weapons like the AR15 is not to reduce murder in general, only mass-shooting incidents like Orlando.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:34 am

Just because I'm still sweating from it.....after about 6 months of it not working, I finally took the garbage disposer off the sink, used the hex key to spin the plate and it would not budge. Something not observable was "catching." So, I took it outside and made several runs at it with a high pressure hose. After 30 minutes something got flushed and it spun beautifully. Cleaned up all the rusty parts and gunked up rubber parts but the SOB would NOT go back together. I could only push hard enough to get 2 of the 3 tabs to catch....rats. Tried various leverage hacks and think I almost got close.

So.................... the reason I post even though I'm a Loser and did this work............... is to remind all the other losers here that the fix made it quite easy==on the first try: I soaked everything in WD-40 and the rubber gasket slid over the sink extension and the disposer collar cinched right up. Covered up the Sewer smell too.

I love WD-40.

Tom Palven
Has More Than 6K Posts

Post by Tom Palven » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:14 am

Haven't followed this closely. How did the shooter enter the night club with an assault rifle?
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire
I may not agree with the what you say, but I will defend your right to say it. --Voltaire
Mankind will not be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. --Denis Diderot
I haven't abandoned my vices. My vices have abandoned me. --Denis Diderot

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:39 am

Paul Anthony wrote:
Monster wrote:

It's all about the money.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:43 am

ElectricMonk wrote:The goal of banning weapons like the AR15 is not to reduce murder in general, only mass-shooting incidents like Orlando.
http://reverbpress.com/politics/this-fo ... ble-video/

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:44 am

Gord wrote:
Monster wrote:To be fair, self-defense and hunting are two reasonable and ordinary uses for rifles.
Hunting, sure. Self-defense, absolutely not.
Ah, c'mon! You might not be able to swing a long gun around inside your house easily, but any octopus could do it without even thinking about it.

ElectricMonk
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Post by ElectricMonk » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:38 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
ElectricMonk wrote:The goal of banning weapons like the AR15 is not to reduce murder in general, only mass-shooting incidents like Orlando.
http://reverbpress.com/politics/this-fo ... ble-video/
Gretchen is feeling empowered (mostly likely by Hillary's success) to stop pretending that she is so dumb. Reminds of this:
(skip to 2:30min)
http://www.cc.com/video-clips/ahba3f/th ... dumbs-down

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:42 pm

A Fox BBS* empowered by a Democratic lesbian murderer commie?

Time for Gabriel to toot that blow pipe.

*Blonde Bombshell

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:49 pm

Tom Palven wrote:Haven't followed this closely. How did the shooter enter the night club with an assault rifle?
I was going to be snarky and say: "Obviously, he shot his way in...."

So I googled (Orlando shooting time line) and found out I was exactly right: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/orlando-sho ... -timeline/

Of further interest....I had been wondering/amazed there were no guns in that nightclub....but there were. Bad reporting as is so often the case....what does "the shooter pushed past the armed security guards" mean? I have to assume it means the shooter killed them? I don't know..... because I'm reading the media.

Paul Anthony
Veteran Poster

Post by Paul Anthony » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:01 pm

Lance Kennedy wrote:
Paul Anthony wrote:
You failed to mention the approximately 8,000 murders each year in the USA with hand guns, which are half of all murders. (Hand guns are also used in two thirds of all successful suicides there).

My view has always been that hand guns should be the main target for American gun control.
Here's your mistake: You're thinking logically. Don't you know this is an EMOTIONAL issue? That was the point of my post. Yes, hand guns are used in most killings, but people get scared when they see an AR-15, so...let's ban the scary guns!!!
Make sense, not war.

Paul Anthony
Veteran Poster

Post by Paul Anthony » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:05 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:

I love WD-40.
If it's too tight, use WD-40. If it's too loose, use duct tape. if you can't fix it with either duct tape or WD-40....you're not trying hard enough! :lol:
Make sense, not war.

Paul Anthony
Veteran Poster

Post by Paul Anthony » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:11 pm

Tom Palven wrote:Haven't followed this closely. How did the shooter enter the night club with an assault rifle?
It was a gun-free zone. Nobody would bring a gun into a gun-free zone, right?

If you're going to have a gun-free zone, you have to have security to enforce it. Thinking it can be accomplished on a voluntary basis is nuts.
Thinking a gun-free zone is a good idea is nuts.
All mass shootings occur in gun-free zones. They are the least safest places on the planet (think Paris).
Make sense, not war.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:44 pm

PA==do you ever read anything except Puke Talking points?

Here's a repeat from the above.....I know....so misleading to read other people posting links to sources other than Breitbart:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/orlando-sho ... -timeline/

The Club had armed security.

Sucks to be you.

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Post by Lance Kennedy » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:02 pm

Paul

THE USA is the least gun-free place in the entire western world. Japan is the most gun free. The USA is the most dangerous. Japan is the safest. Among American states, Hawaii is the most gun free and is the safest. Certain cities like Washington and New Orleans have the most guns and are the most dangerous.

Sorry, but your logic stinks!

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:17 pm

Paul Anthony wrote:

I wanted to see all numbers and not only from 2011, so I googled this page (it's 332^, btw): https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/c ... 0-2014.xls

Oddly, of what is shown on it (2010 up to 2014), the overall numbers of murders by various/each type of firearm went down (the category "other guns" behaves a bit different than the others), but the number of unstated type of firearm used in murder went up. :?

Edit: Oops, mouse loaded with the wrong ammo... :blush:
Lard, save me from your followers.

Paul Anthony
Veteran Poster

Post by Paul Anthony » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:29 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
I wanted to see all numbers and not only from 2011, so I googled this page (it's 332^, btw): https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/c ... 0-2014.xls

Oddly, of what is shown on it (2010 up to 2014), the overall numbers of murders by various/each type of firearm went down (the category "other guns" behaves a bit different than the others), but the number of unstated type of firearm used in murder went up. :?
Are you at all troubled with the fact that the total murders went down - even including the mass shootings - during a period when gun ownership went up?
Make sense, not war.

TJrandom
Has No Life

Post by TJrandom » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:34 pm

Paul Anthony wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:

Are you at all troubled with the fact that the total murders went down - even including the mass shootings - during a period when gun ownership went up?
It looks like environmental lead is finally dissipating. But narcotics... seemingly went up.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:37 pm

Paul Anthony wrote:Are you at all troubled with the fact that the total murders went down - even including the mass shootings - during a period when gun ownership went up?
I'm troubled by people who use correlations/statistics/facts when convenient to their own positions but blithely deny even stronger correlations/statistics/facts that speak against said positions.

High correlation to ..... dishonest behavior.

Paul Anthony
Veteran Poster

Post by Paul Anthony » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:42 pm

This one is for gorgeous ... in case you missed it.

http://www.thesleuthjournal.com/everyon ... yop-event/
Make sense, not war.