Outstanding Science Trade Books for Students K–12: 2013

Read any good books lately?
kennyc
Has No Life
Custom Title: The Dank Side of the Moon

Outstanding Science Trade Books for Students K–12: 2013

Post by kennyc » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:32 pm

Great stuff for kids!
Outstanding Science Trade Books for Students K–12: 2013 (Books published in 2012)
OSTB award sealOur vision of what we call science has broadened. The practices we use to explore the natural world and to create new products now include mathematics and engineering. We also recognize the importance of the arts, history, and human perspectives in these explorations. Science is not just one “way of knowing,” but many. The same is true for our vision of outstanding science literature. Today’s best science trade books include captivating stories of human achievement—like those of Rachel Carson or the diverse investigators in What Color Is My World? They combine science and engineering, like the story of the Mighty Mars Rovers. They feature outstanding art, lyric poetry, and plenty of ideas for hands-on activity. These great books have something to grab the minds and hearts of diverse learners. So once again, we present a list of the year’s Outstanding Science Trade Books with pride and optimism. They have the potential to enrich and inspire, as they convey the best science content. .
Full list here:
http://www.nsta.org/publications/ostb/ostb2013.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Gallery - Photo Gallery - Writing&Poetry - The Bleeding Edge
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama

Rob Lister
Frequent Poster
Custom Title: Spline Reticulator

Re: Outstanding Science Trade Books for Students K–12: 2013

Post by Rob Lister » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:36 pm

Rachel Carson. Silent Spring. The greatest scientific fraud ever perpetuated. More death can be attributed to her than to ...

lets not Godwin the thread.

I digress.

Great job, Kennyc. Hope it succeeds.
Skeptic much? Sure you do.
http://www.skepticalcommunity.com/forum ... ive_topics" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;