The atheist in the (final) foxhole...

Read any good books lately?
nmblum88
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8137
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:28 pm

The atheist in the (final) foxhole...

Post by nmblum88 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:55 pm

'Mortality" by the unrepentant, clear minded to the last, Christopher Hitchens, finished this morning.
7 Essays written after his diagnosis of esophageal cancer... and some notes and fragments from his terminal -care room in a Houston cancer research facility...
Trenchant, aware, enviably courageous .... not a sentimental word or suggestion of pious regret in the mix...
And a stimulating read...

NMB
Skepticism:
" Norma, you poor sad lonely alcoholic. You entire life is devoted to interrupting other people's posts on this forum, regardless of the topic, to tell them what's wrong with them. The irony is, here you are doing it again, with this very post.
Your fanciful card games, movie sojourns and exciting overseas trips, that all take place within the four walls of an aged care retirement home, do not suggest your own children offered you the care, I gave my parents."

User avatar
SweetPea
Has No Life
Posts: 12924
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:11 am
Custom Title: Too Cute

Re: The atheist in the (final) foxhole...

Post by SweetPea » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:21 pm

nmblum wrote:'Mortality" by the unrepentant, clear minded to the last, Christopher Hitchens, finished this morning.
7 Essays written after his diagnosis of esophageal cancer... and some notes and fragments from his terminal -care room in a Houston cancer research facility...
Trenchant, aware, enviably courageous .... not a sentimental word or suggestion of pious regret in the mix...
And a stimulating read...

NMB
It's a difficult proposition, "Christopher Hitchens, finished this morning". Tangling your own feet again.
Hitchens wrote wonderfully. Allow me:

'Mortality", 7 essays by the unrepentant Christopher Hitchens, was finished this morning. He was clear-minded to the end, and wrote notes and fragments from his terminal care room..."
How do the Deniers get so lucky?
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24129" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nmblum88
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8137
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: The atheist in the (final) foxhole...

Post by nmblum88 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:43 pm

SweetPea wrote:
nmblum wrote:'Mortality" by the unrepentant, clear minded to the last, Christopher Hitchens, finished this morning.
7 Essays written after his diagnosis of esophageal cancer... and some notes and fragments from his terminal -care room in a Houston cancer research facility...
Trenchant, aware, enviably courageous .... not a sentimental word or suggestion of pious regret in the mix...
And a stimulating read...

NMB
It's a difficult proposition, "Christopher Hitchens, finished this morning". Tangling your own feet again
Thanks.. well meant criticism is always welcome, especially from people who are so interested in books, and are themselves so obviously well read.

I think the Encyclopædia Britannica is looking for a scholar/essayist/editor with your impeccable credentials, your undoubtedly impressive CV as a critic and pundit.

But, not-so -sweet pee, I do appreciate your wasting your precious time and educated efforts on unworthy, insignificant me .

How can I prevail upon you to keep it up, even as there is so little recompense in the effort?

Norma Manna Blum
Skepticism:
" Norma, you poor sad lonely alcoholic. You entire life is devoted to interrupting other people's posts on this forum, regardless of the topic, to tell them what's wrong with them. The irony is, here you are doing it again, with this very post.
Your fanciful card games, movie sojourns and exciting overseas trips, that all take place within the four walls of an aged care retirement home, do not suggest your own children offered you the care, I gave my parents."

User avatar
SweetPea
Has No Life
Posts: 12924
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:11 am
Custom Title: Too Cute

Re: The atheist in the (final) foxhole...

Post by SweetPea » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:32 pm

Just be polite truthful and sincere - nothing special.

Many writers could be compared to Hitchens, but very few speakers could be compared to Hitchens - and his voice was tremendous.
How do the Deniers get so lucky?
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24129" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nmblum88
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8137
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: The atheist in the (final) foxhole...

Post by nmblum88 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:15 am

SweetPea wrote:Just be polite truthful and sincere - nothing special.

Many writers could be compared to Hitchens, but very few speakers could be compared to Hitchens - and his voice was tremendous.
"Nothing special,"is right.
But I'm sure Hitchens would have been happy to know that you admire his voice..
And undoubtedly even happier if you had actually read the book, which.. and no surprise.. doesn't seem to be the case.
Norma Manna Blum

P.S.And, LOL .. Dr. English Maven Maybe... you omitted a comma between polite and truthful..
Yes, YOU.. literary critic and social commentator nonpareil.
Never mind.. not your first error and probably not your last, in terms of composition or substance.
Suggestion: Maybe you shouldn't be so anxious to abolish the Department of Education after all.
Norma Manna Blum
Skepticism:
" Norma, you poor sad lonely alcoholic. You entire life is devoted to interrupting other people's posts on this forum, regardless of the topic, to tell them what's wrong with them. The irony is, here you are doing it again, with this very post.
Your fanciful card games, movie sojourns and exciting overseas trips, that all take place within the four walls of an aged care retirement home, do not suggest your own children offered you the care, I gave my parents."

User avatar
SweetPea
Has No Life
Posts: 12924
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:11 am
Custom Title: Too Cute

Re: The atheist in the (final) foxhole...

Post by SweetPea » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:32 am

You are simply dishonest to the core. There is nothing to be done for such a one - but you will provide some laughs. You wrongly assume that there is a federal department of education in my country.

You lose.
How do the Deniers get so lucky?
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24129" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
Donnageddon
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1047
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:07 am

Re: The atheist in the (final) foxhole...

Post by Donnageddon » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:57 am

SweetPea, I am curious, what part of NMBs response did you find dishonest? Was it the remark about the comma you missed between "polite truthful"? After you decided to critique her sentence structure?

Full disclosure: I find NMBs posts to sometimes be "unconventional" in their structure. But I do not see the "dishonesty" in them.

More disclosure: Don't bother criticizing my sentence structure. It would only bore both of us.

P.S. I thought NMB had made a mistake with "nonpareil". Then I looked it up. Something new to learn everyday.
My name is not Donna.

User avatar
SweetPea
Has No Life
Posts: 12924
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:11 am
Custom Title: Too Cute

Re: The atheist in the (final) foxhole...

Post by SweetPea » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:12 am

Donnageddon wrote:SweetPea, I am curious, what part of NMBs response did you find dishonest? Was it the remark about the comma you missed between "polite truthful"? After you decided to critique her sentence structure?

Full disclosure: I find NMBs posts to sometimes be "unconventional" in their structure. But I do not see the "dishonesty" in them.

More disclosure: Don't bother criticizing my sentence structure. It would only bore both of us.

P.S. I thought NMB had made a mistake with "nonpareil". Then I looked it up. Something new to learn everyday.
I dropped two commas.Usually, I do not criticize grammatical errors.
Here is the dishonest part of her post:
Maybe you shouldn't be so anxious to abolish the Department of Education after all.
Last edited by SweetPea on Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
How do the Deniers get so lucky?
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24129" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
Donnageddon
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1047
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:07 am

Re: The at foxhole...

Post by Donnageddon » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:15 am

Fair enough.
My name is not Donna.

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Posts: 11990
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: The atheist in the (final) foxhole...

Post by OlegTheBatty » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:33 am

SweetPea wrote:Here is the dishonest part of her post:
Maybe you shouldn't be so anxious to abolish the Department of Education after all.
How is that dishonest?
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

.......................Doesn't matter how often I'm proved wrong.................... ~ bobbo the pragmatist

User avatar
SweetPea
Has No Life
Posts: 12924
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:11 am
Custom Title: Too Cute

Re: The atheist in the (final) foxhole...

Post by SweetPea » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:50 am

OlegTheBatty wrote:
SweetPea wrote:Here is the dishonest part of her post:
Maybe you shouldn't be so anxious to abolish the Department of Education after all.
How is that dishonest?
It's a deliberate telling of an untruth. She made it up.
How do the Deniers get so lucky?
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24129" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nmblum88
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8137
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: The atheist in the (final) foxhole...

Post by nmblum88 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:54 am

SweetPea wrote:You are simply dishonest to the core. There is nothing to be done for such a one - but you will provide some laughs. You wrongly assume that there is a federal department of education in my country.

You lose.
LOL... you mean you are carrying on like a banshee in heat over politics, government and a national debt that are not even your own?
You either have a heart as big as the Atlantic or a mind the size of a not so Sweet pea.
And I thought Clint Eastwood's babble was weird...

Norma Manna Blum
Skepticism:
" Norma, you poor sad lonely alcoholic. You entire life is devoted to interrupting other people's posts on this forum, regardless of the topic, to tell them what's wrong with them. The irony is, here you are doing it again, with this very post.
Your fanciful card games, movie sojourns and exciting overseas trips, that all take place within the four walls of an aged care retirement home, do not suggest your own children offered you the care, I gave my parents."

User avatar
SweetPea
Has No Life
Posts: 12924
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:11 am
Custom Title: Too Cute

Re: The atheist in the (final) foxhole...

Post by SweetPea » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:12 am

nmblum wrote:
SweetPea wrote:You are simply dishonest to the core. There is nothing to be done for such a one - but you will provide some laughs. You wrongly assume that there is a federal department of education in my country.

You lose.
LOL... you mean you are carrying on like a banshee in heat over politics, government and a national debt that are not even your own?
You either have a heart as big as the Atlantic or a mind the size of a not so Sweet pea.
And I thought Clint Eastwood's babble was weird...

Norma Manna Blum
I'm not carrying on in the way you attempt to portray. You are projecting. Show where I got into politics discussion. I have not. I questioned things being said about Eastwood's talk.

WRT public education: I am grateful for the public education which was so generously made available here. I also believe that public secular education is an invaluable asset to any country.

Stop lying, please.
Last edited by SweetPea on Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
How do the Deniers get so lucky?
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24129" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nmblum88
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8137
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: The atheist in the (final) foxhole...

Post by nmblum88 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:16 am

SweetPea wrote:
Donnageddon wrote:SweetPea, I am curious, what part of NMBs response did you find dishonest? Was it the remark about the comma you missed between "polite truthful"? After you decided to critique her sentence structure?

Full disclosure: I find NMBs posts to sometimes be "unconventional" in their structure. But I do not see the "dishonesty" in them.

More disclosure: Don't bother criticizing my sentence structure. It would only bore both of us.

P.S. I thought NMB had made a mistake with "nonpareil". Then I looked it up. Something new to learn everyday.
I dropped two commas.Usually, I do not criticize grammatical errors.
Here is the dishonest part of her post:
Maybe you shouldn't be so anxious to abolish the Department of Education after all.

LOL.. Sweetpee... a suggestion can't be dishonest. It doesn't require compliance, agreement, or include a statement that needs verification.
It is a S-U-G-G-E-S-T-I-O-N....
Try to remember that you are a language maven, an impressive scholar in all manner of human inquiry, the possessor of impeccable judgment in all things, and a gentlewoman, who would no more carelessly accuse an adversary of dishonesty than she would sell her soul to the devil.. or her body at Piccadilly Circus.
Am I right or am I right?



Norma Manna Blum
Skepticism:
" Norma, you poor sad lonely alcoholic. You entire life is devoted to interrupting other people's posts on this forum, regardless of the topic, to tell them what's wrong with them. The irony is, here you are doing it again, with this very post.
Your fanciful card games, movie sojourns and exciting overseas trips, that all take place within the four walls of an aged care retirement home, do not suggest your own children offered you the care, I gave my parents."

User avatar
SweetPea
Has No Life
Posts: 12924
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:11 am
Custom Title: Too Cute

Re: The atheist in the (final) foxhole...

Post by SweetPea » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:19 am

A sentence containing a suggestion may also contain untruths. Yours did. You are a liar.
Last edited by SweetPea on Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
How do the Deniers get so lucky?
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24129" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nmblum88
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8137
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: The atheist in the (final) foxhole...

Post by nmblum88 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:21 am

SweetPea wrote:You are simply dishonest to the core. There is nothing to be done for such a one - but you will provide some laughs. You wrongly assume that there is a federal department of education in my country.

You lose.
Lose what?
Did I make a wager with you, while in a coma?
How?
Where?
Why?

Norma Manna Blum
Skepticism:
" Norma, you poor sad lonely alcoholic. You entire life is devoted to interrupting other people's posts on this forum, regardless of the topic, to tell them what's wrong with them. The irony is, here you are doing it again, with this very post.
Your fanciful card games, movie sojourns and exciting overseas trips, that all take place within the four walls of an aged care retirement home, do not suggest your own children offered you the care, I gave my parents."

User avatar
Donnageddon
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1047
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:07 am

Re: The atheist in the (final) foxhole...

Post by Donnageddon » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:31 am

I have to agree. Ending a post with "You lose" just opens up all sorts of questions. It might also, forgive me, be seen as behavior that could be, by some, considered, somewhat, in a "trollish" , or perhaps, adolescent, vernacular.

9 commas in one sentence. Read them and weep.

I win!
My name is not Donna.

User avatar
SweetPea
Has No Life
Posts: 12924
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:11 am
Custom Title: Too Cute

Re: The atheist in the (final) foxhole...

Post by SweetPea » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:38 am

Donnageddon wrote:I have to agree. Ending a post with "You lose" just opens up all sorts of questions. It might also, forgive me, be seen as behavior that could be, by some, considered, somewhat, in a "trollish" , or perhaps, adolescent, vernacular.

9 commas in one sentence. Read them and weep.

I win!
You have to agree with what ?
How do the Deniers get so lucky?
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24129" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nmblum88
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8137
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: The atheist in the (final) foxhole...

Post by nmblum88 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:39 am

SweetPea wrote:A sentence containing a suggestion may also contain untruths. Yours did. You are a liar.
Sweet Pee ( are you aware that your avatar.. so adorable is actually Swee' Pea?) you are wearing on my patience and on my sense of the absurd that allows me to interchange with head cases as if they were within the bell curve of rational, and thus responsible for what they say and do...
Contain yourself.
I suspect you already have unhappy experience with what happens when a fragile person like yourself allows herself to become overwrought. .
As it happens I do not knowingly lie, because in order to be a good liar one has to have an impeccable memory, and clearly I do not...
I can't even remember how or why I got into this totally ridiculous exchange which it seems to me, in retrospect, to be like most of your comments anywhere in this forum, ABOUT NOTHING.
Norma Manna Blum
Skepticism:
" Norma, you poor sad lonely alcoholic. You entire life is devoted to interrupting other people's posts on this forum, regardless of the topic, to tell them what's wrong with them. The irony is, here you are doing it again, with this very post.
Your fanciful card games, movie sojourns and exciting overseas trips, that all take place within the four walls of an aged care retirement home, do not suggest your own children offered you the care, I gave my parents."

nmblum88
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8137
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: The atheist in the (final) foxhole...

Post by nmblum88 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:41 am

SweetPea wrote:
Donnageddon wrote:I have to agree. Ending a post with "You lose" just opens up all sorts of questions. It might also, forgive me, be seen as behavior that could be, by some, considered, somewhat, in a "trollish" , or perhaps, adolescent, vernacular.

9 commas in one sentence. Read them and weep.

I win!
You have to agree with what ?
LOL... Alice has left the premises and is on her way to Wonderland.

NMB
Skepticism:
" Norma, you poor sad lonely alcoholic. You entire life is devoted to interrupting other people's posts on this forum, regardless of the topic, to tell them what's wrong with them. The irony is, here you are doing it again, with this very post.
Your fanciful card games, movie sojourns and exciting overseas trips, that all take place within the four walls of an aged care retirement home, do not suggest your own children offered you the care, I gave my parents."

User avatar
Donnageddon
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1047
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:07 am

Re: The atheist in the (final) foxhole...

Post by Donnageddon » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:41 am

SweetPea wrote:
Donnageddon wrote:I have to agree. Ending a post with "You lose" just opens up all sorts of questions. It might also, forgive me, be seen as behavior that could be, by some, considered, somewhat, in a "trollish" , or perhaps, adolescent, vernacular.

9 commas in one sentence. Read them and weep.

I win!
You have to agree with what ?
NMB's post directly above my award winning 9 comma post.

Don't be a sore loser!
My name is not Donna.

User avatar
SweetPea
Has No Life
Posts: 12924
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:11 am
Custom Title: Too Cute

Re: The atheist in the (final) foxhole...

Post by SweetPea » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:47 am

Donnageddon wrote:
SweetPea wrote:
Donnageddon wrote:I have to agree. Ending a post with "You lose" just opens up all sorts of questions. It might also, forgive me, be seen as behavior that could be, by some, considered, somewhat, in a "trollish" , or perhaps, adolescent, vernacular.

9 commas in one sentence. Read them and weep.

I win!
You have to agree with what ?
NMB's post directly above my award winning 9 comma post.

Don't be a sore loser!


You agree that: Lose what?
You agree that: Did I make a wager with you, while in a coma?
You agree that: How?
How do the Deniers get so lucky?
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24129" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
Donnageddon
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1047
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:07 am

Re: The atheist in the (final) foxhole...

Post by Donnageddon » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:50 am

Damn, SweetPea, you got me.

I guess you do win.
My name is not Donna.

User avatar
SweetPea
Has No Life
Posts: 12924
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:11 am
Custom Title: Too Cute

Re: The atheist in the (final) foxhole...

Post by SweetPea » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:52 am

Donnageddon wrote:Damn, SweetPea, you got me.

I guess you do win.
The liar loses "face". Loses credibility.
How do the Deniers get so lucky?
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24129" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
Donnageddon
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1047
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:07 am

Re: The atheist in the (final) foxhole...

Post by Donnageddon » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:10 am

SweetPea, I always hate it when I ask this question, but since you come from a country without a Dept. of Education, I assume English is a second language for you?

Or perhaps, your country does not have a Dept. of Sarcasm?
My name is not Donna.

nmblum88
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8137
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: The atheist in the (final) foxhole...

Post by nmblum88 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:13 am

Uh oh...
I think we've passed the point of no return with this, as much fun as it has been...
SP.. pull yourself together, and perhaps find another hobby... posting here is really not for sissies...
Interesting, informative, and some awesomely bright people, but you are neither bright enough, nor possessed of enough stamina to participate without sustaining dangerous damage.
So that's it..the end of this particular road..

Norma Manna Blum
Skepticism:
" Norma, you poor sad lonely alcoholic. You entire life is devoted to interrupting other people's posts on this forum, regardless of the topic, to tell them what's wrong with them. The irony is, here you are doing it again, with this very post.
Your fanciful card games, movie sojourns and exciting overseas trips, that all take place within the four walls of an aged care retirement home, do not suggest your own children offered you the care, I gave my parents."

nmblum88
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8137
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: The atheist in the (final) foxhole...

Post by nmblum88 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:20 am

Donnageddon wrote:SweetPea, I always hate it when I ask this question, but since you come from a country without a Dept. of Education, I assume English is a second language for you?

Or perhaps, your country does not have a Dept. of Sarcasm?
Or of irony?
Humor?
A department for not taking oneself so seriously?
A department in charge of teaching oneself to listen to what you yourself are saying?
(LOL.. a convoluted sentence that could use the help of Dr. SweetPea. before she went down the rabbit hole.)

NMB
Skepticism:
" Norma, you poor sad lonely alcoholic. You entire life is devoted to interrupting other people's posts on this forum, regardless of the topic, to tell them what's wrong with them. The irony is, here you are doing it again, with this very post.
Your fanciful card games, movie sojourns and exciting overseas trips, that all take place within the four walls of an aged care retirement home, do not suggest your own children offered you the care, I gave my parents."

User avatar
SweetPea
Has No Life
Posts: 12924
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:11 am
Custom Title: Too Cute

Re: The atheist in the (final) foxhole...

Post by SweetPea » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:44 am

Donnageddon wrote:SweetPea, I always hate it when I ask this question, but since you come from a country without a Dept. of Education...
Maybe you have a problem with reading English; I did not say that there is not a dept. of education in my country.
How do the Deniers get so lucky?
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24129" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
SweetPea
Has No Life
Posts: 12924
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:11 am
Custom Title: Too Cute

Re: The atheist in the (final) foxhole...

Post by SweetPea » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:10 am

nmblum wrote: Sweet Pee ( are you aware that your avatar.. so adorable is actually Swee' Pea?) you are wearing on my patience and on my sense of the absurd that allows me to interchange with head cases as if they were within the bell curve of rational, and thus responsible for what they say and do...
Contain yourself.
I suspect you already have unhappy experience with what happens when a fragile person like yourself allows herself to become overwrought. .
As it happens I do not knowingly lie, because in order to be a good liar one has to have an impeccable memory, and clearly I do not...
The accusation was not that you are a good liar.
How do the Deniers get so lucky?
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24129" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
Donnageddon
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1047
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:07 am

Post by Donnageddon » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:17 am

SweetPea, editing your posts after the fact, is not a good idea. It shows up for other viewers.
Last edited by SweetPea on Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are not suffering from mass hallucinations, you absolutely, before your edits, stated that you did not have a Department of Education in your country.

And edited comments like this, done in haste, does not in any way make me think that English is not a second language for you.
Show where I got into politics discussion. I have not.
There is absolutley nothing wrong with having English as a second language. I admire it. But being honest about it does help to understand the occasional "non sequiturs" you show in your responses. It is all about understanding each other, and compensating for the colloquial divides.

But editing your posts after the fact to change your story is really bad form.
My name is not Donna.

User avatar
SweetPea
Has No Life
Posts: 12924
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:11 am
Custom Title: Too Cute

Re:

Post by SweetPea » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:25 am

Donnageddon wrote:SweetPea, editing your posts after the fact, is not a good idea. It shows up for other viewers.
Last edited by SweetPea on Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are not suffering from mass hallucinations, you absolutely, before your edits, stated that you did not have a Department of Education in your country.
I certainly DID NOT alter what I wrote concerning a federal dept.
How do the Deniers get so lucky?
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24129" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
SweetPea
Has No Life
Posts: 12924
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:11 am
Custom Title: Too Cute

Re:

Post by SweetPea » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:29 am

Donnageddon wrote:SweetPea, editing your posts after the fact, is not a good idea. It shows up for other viewers.
Last edited by SweetPea on Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are not suffering from mass hallucinations, you absolutely, before your edits, stated that you did not have a Department of Education in your country.

But editing your posts after the fact to change your story is really bad form.
That you brought an edit to a different post shows your dishonesty.
How do the Deniers get so lucky?
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24129" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
Donnageddon
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1047
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:07 am

Re: The atheist in the (final) foxhole...

Post by Donnageddon » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:34 am

You should stop digging, SweetPea. The hole you are in is deep enough.
My name is not Donna.

User avatar
SweetPea
Has No Life
Posts: 12924
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:11 am
Custom Title: Too Cute

Re: The atheist in the (final) foxhole...

Post by SweetPea » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:36 am

Donnageddon wrote:You should stop digging, SweetPea. The hole you are in is deep enough.
:lol: you were caught being sloppy- now caught being dishonest
How do the Deniers get so lucky?
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24129" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
SweetPea
Has No Life
Posts: 12924
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:11 am
Custom Title: Too Cute

Re: The atheist in the (final) foxhole...

Post by SweetPea » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:51 am

dig dig, oh dishonest poster. All China awaits your arrival.
How do the Deniers get so lucky?
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24129" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
Donnageddon
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1047
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:07 am

Re: The atheist in the (final) foxhole...

Post by Donnageddon » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:55 am

SweetPea wrote: I did not say that there is not a dept. of education in my country.
SweetPea wrote:You wrongly assume that there is a federal department of education in my country.


G'night SweetPea. Enjoy your victory.

And consult your countries dept. of Sarcasm.
My name is not Donna.

User avatar
SweetPea
Has No Life
Posts: 12924
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:11 am
Custom Title: Too Cute

Re: The atheist in the (final) foxhole...

Post by SweetPea » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:58 am

Donnageddon wrote:
SweetPea wrote: I did not say that there is not a dept. of education in my country.
SweetPea wrote:You wrongly assume that there is a federal department of education in my country.


G'night SweetPea. Enjoy your victory.

And consult your countries dept. of Sarcasm.
I have only one country. Night to you too ! Sleep tight as any drunk would.
How do the Deniers get so lucky?
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24129" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chachacha
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9167
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:07 am
Custom Title: Irrational Skeptic

Re: The atheist in the (final) foxhole...

Post by Chachacha » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:25 pm

nmblum wrote:'Mortality" by the unrepentant, clear minded to the last, Christopher Hitchens, finished this morning.
7 Essays written after his diagnosis of esophageal cancer... and some notes and fragments from his terminal -care room in a Houston cancer research facility...
Trenchant, aware, enviably courageous .... not a sentimental word or suggestion of pious regret in the mix...
And a stimulating read...

NMB
I was thrilled when Christopher pre-empted the ghouls by disavowing anything he might say which could be interpreted as a change in his views as his disease progressed.

He discusses that more in his last interview - " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - in which his "dearest friend" interrupts him to give the, "You can't know" agnostic speech.

Dying, Christopher is capable of accepting reality; watching Christopher die, his friend appears to me to be unable to bear the thought that when Christopher dies, he is no more, and there is nothing more.

User avatar
SweetPea
Has No Life
Posts: 12924
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:11 am
Custom Title: Too Cute

Re: The atheist in the (final) foxhole...

Post by SweetPea » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:36 pm

Chachacha wrote:
nmblum wrote:'Mortality" by the unrepentant, clear minded to the last, Christopher Hitchens, finished this morning.
7 Essays written after his diagnosis of esophageal cancer... and some notes and fragments from his terminal -care room in a Houston cancer research facility...
Trenchant, aware, enviably courageous .... not a sentimental word or suggestion of pious regret in the mix...
And a stimulating read...

NMB
I was thrilled when Christopher pre-empted the ghouls by disavowing anything he might say which could be interpreted as a change in his views as his disease progressed.

He discusses that more in his last interview - " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - in which his "dearest friend" interrupts him to give the, "You can't know" agnostic speech.

Dying, Christopher is capable of accepting reality; watching Christopher die, his friend appears to me to be unable to bear the thought that when Christopher dies, he is no more, and there is nothing more.
It's odd that great joy is not felt when people go to heaven to meet up again on that glorious day.
How do the Deniers get so lucky?
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24129" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chachacha
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9167
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:07 am
Custom Title: Irrational Skeptic

Re: The atheist in the (final) foxhole...

Post by Chachacha » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:37 pm

SweetPea wrote:
Chachacha wrote:
nmblum wrote:'Mortality" by the unrepentant, clear minded to the last, Christopher Hitchens, finished this morning.
7 Essays written after his diagnosis of esophageal cancer... and some notes and fragments from his terminal -care room in a Houston cancer research facility...
Trenchant, aware, enviably courageous .... not a sentimental word or suggestion of pious regret in the mix...
And a stimulating read...

NMB
I was thrilled when Christopher pre-empted the ghouls by disavowing anything he might say which could be interpreted as a change in his views as his disease progressed.

He discusses that more in his last interview - " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - in which his "dearest friend" interrupts him to give the, "You can't know" agnostic speech.

Dying, Christopher is capable of accepting reality; watching Christopher die, his friend appears to me to be unable to bear the thought that when Christopher dies, he is no more, and there is nothing more.
It's odd that great joy is not felt when people go to heaven to meet up again on that glorious day.
What is odd to me is that you believe in heaven, but it's lovely that you believe Christopher went there.