I was reminded.....

Read any good books lately?
nmblum88
Has More Than 8K Posts

I was reminded.....

Post by nmblum88 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:41 pm

... by a reference (gratuitous, and by someone who seemed to misunderstand either its roots or its significance ) in another thread here, to Liberation Theology, of a very thoughtful and interesting book (much to admire and argue with) on the subject by the Jesuit theologian Henri de Lubac, and fished around on my bookshelves until I found it:

de Lubac, Henri: "The Drama of Atheist Humanism" (San Francisco: Ignatius Press, 1998).
And while hard to find in local bookstores and even some libraries IS available through Amazon.. including their really wonderful "used book" service.

NMB
Skepticism:
" Norma, you poor sad lonely alcoholic. You entire life is devoted to interrupting other people's posts on this forum, regardless of the topic, to tell them what's wrong with them. The irony is, here you are doing it again, with this very post.
Your fanciful card games, movie sojourns and exciting overseas trips, that all take place within the four walls of an aged care retirement home, do not suggest your own children offered you the care, I gave my parents."