Criminalizing Journalism

Sort of like "The Bookshelf" but for... you get the idea.
Tom Palven
Has More Than 6K Posts

Criminalizing Journalism

Post by Tom Palven » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:34 pm

Article by newsbreaking investigative reporter Glenn Greenwald, not the MSM toadies:
http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/archive ... -freedoms/
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Re: Criminalizing Journalism

Post by ElectricMonk » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:58 pm

GG is a sad excuse for a journalist, a guy who had a chance to do something right and instead just wanted to be famous.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:54 pm

LOL, MSM.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Tom Palven
Has More Than 6K Posts

Post by Tom Palven » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:41 am

What's wrong with the US arrest of Australian Julian Assange? According to Ron Paul:

"It is an attack on the US Constitution. It is an attack on the free press. It is an attack on free speech. It is an attack on our right to know what our government is doing with our money in our name. Julian Assange is every bit as much a political prisoner as was Cardinal Mindszenty in Hungary or Nelson Mandela in South Africa."

www.ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featu ... -prisoner/
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:51 am

Assange is a hacker one step removed from Hillary and should be in jail.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Tom Palven
Has More Than 6K Posts

Post by Tom Palven » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:58 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:51 am
Assange exposed the truth and should go to prison, but neocons like Elliot Abrams and James Clapper, who where convicted of lying to Congress, (and thus the American people), should not only walk free, but be appointed to higher deep state positions of power?

The US government, like the English government, is FUBAR.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:50 pm

Hey!!! I already posted (directly implied) Hilary should be in jail. Most of them should be across a wide variety of corruption and ego without limits.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

landrew
True Skeptic

Post by landrew » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:58 pm

Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:51 am
It's a bit obtuse to compare the two in such a way.

Without painting either one good or bad, it's obvious that they had vastly different motivations.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:48 pm

As usual, your response is a non-sequitur.....................unless you care to describe the one and only motivation that is subject to being put in jail.

Can you do that landrew?

.....................................or admit to your nonsense?

................................................................................................ try.

landrew
True Skeptic

Post by landrew » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:33 pm

Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:48 pm
As usual, your response is a non-sequitur.....................unless you care to describe the one and only motivation that is subject to being put in jail.

Can you do that landrew?

.....................................or admit to your nonsense?

................................................................................................ try.
You should first try refuting what I say,
instead of constantly asking me to provide "proof."
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Tom Palven
Has More Than 6K Posts

Post by Tom Palven » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:11 am

Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:50 pm
Hey!!! I already posted (directly implied) Hilary should be in jail. Most of them should be across a wide variety of corruption and ego without limits.
Apples and oranges.

Hillary is no more sleazy than your average politician, and should not be jailed.

Assange is not a politician, but a journalist who exposed the truth, and it is a travesty of justice worthy of the Third Reich to put him in prison.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:57 am

Hillary did the same thing.......................................HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH==>IT WAS EVEN HER EMAILS that Russia hacked and gave to Assange. Hacked because she downloaded USA Top Secret material onto her unsecure server...............etc.

Assange did not act as a journalist when hacking into USA systems using Manning as his stooge.

I mean: you know, being a willing stooge is never pretty no matter your subject of choice.

MikeN
Poster

Post by MikeN » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:08 am

Russia didn't give Hillary's e-mails to Assange. It was DNC and DCCC that was attacked. Russia and others likely hacked Hillary's e-mails, but e-mails from her server were never released, outside of what State Department had.

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Custom Title: Super Skeptic

Post by Lance Kennedy » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:04 am

Hillary was silly, using an unsecured server. In this, she was exactly as stupid as some of those on Trumps team, who did the same. But stupid is not criminal. I have not yet seen any good data for her committing crimes. Not that I truly doubt it. All American politicians are corrupt and she is likely to be the same. No better. No worse. Except better than Trump.

Tom Palven
Has More Than 6K Posts

Post by Tom Palven » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:17 pm

Lance Kennedy wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:04 am
Hillary was silly, using an unsecured server. In this, she was exactly as stupid as some of those on Trumps team, who did the same. But stupid is not criminal. I have not yet seen any good data for her committing crimes. Not that I truly doubt it. All American politicians are corrupt and she is likely to be the same. No better. No worse. Except better than Trump.
Imvho saying that Hillary was silly is akin to saying that Gina Haspel, John Brennan, Elliott Abrams, and James Clapper were silly.

Aren't there are lots of other words that describe their actions more accurately?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/ ... 4e823f3457

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Post by Lance Kennedy » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:04 pm

Tom

Apart from using an unsecured server, what actual crimes did Hillary commit?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:12 pm

Lance Kennedy wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:04 pm
Tom

"Apart from robbing banks and killing people, what actual crimes did John Dillinger commit?"

hillary REMOVED SECURED DOCUMENTS from government servers, removed Headers showing material was confidential, and placed them on her server also distributing same to her intimates and their intimates and their unsecured general mail accounts. Other people went to jail for much less....remember the guy arrested for putting documents in his pants? More a visual offense there, but legally the same.

Hillary's all too panifully transparent motivation: to be in control of any document requests so as to keep her fraud a secret: JUST AS SHE DID. When "her" government documents were subpoenaed.........they turned up "lost" because Hillary doesn't know how to "wipe" a computer.

Fraud on its face, investigated, report filed that read like a criminal indictment right up to the point of that decision being made.

ROTTEN TO THE CORE.........near the same obsequiousness to power being done with Trump.

JUST LOOK!

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Post by Lance Kennedy » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:50 am

How much of that is real, and how much supposition?

Tom Palven
Has More Than 6K Posts

Post by Tom Palven » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:32 am

Lance Kennedy wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:04 pm
Tom

Probably none that isn't par for the course for a politician, but the word "politician" itself should pump disgust into the hearts of averagely honest, intelligent, and humane people.

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Post by Lance Kennedy » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:08 am

You are correct, Tom.

Did you know that the word "politician" comes from the same root as the word "policeman", and derives from the word 'polis' in ancient Greek meaning affairs of the city?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:01 am

Lance Kennedy wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:50 am
How much of that is real, and how much supposition?
It was reported on.....................FOR DAYS.

No different than its been reported on FOR DAYS that Trumps "Team/Family" met with Russians to get dirt on Hillary but Mueller with millions spent, 1000's of documents, 100's of subpoenas and all that folderal can't find any proof of collusion.

Its no different than the point you so magnificently make: "Yaaaabuttt: Other than the crimes he openly did that we all know about: what other crimes did he do?" Its stupid to the core, and all the way down.

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Post by Lance Kennedy » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:48 am

Frankly, Bobbo, I cannot accept your assertions. I am not sufficiently expert myself to make a judgement, and I doubt you are. I would need a proper call from someone who genuinely knows what it is all about, and by that I do not mean a journalist.

What I do know is that Hillary was subject to constant accusations by Trump, and I saw no evidence for his crooked Hillary statements. I also know that weak minded people (meaning those who voted for Trump) can be persuaded by a lie that is repeated often enough.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:24 am

It all happened BEFORE TRUMP. Is your memory this poor, or are you this politically driven a la TJ? When this issue was relevant, TJ and I went back and forth with all the evidence in plain sight and I posed then as now that Hillary was violating National Security Law AS PLAIN AS DAY. TJ refused to take a position because there had been no ruling on it from a jury/judge/whatever.

Is it memory...............or bias?

Assertion? You never saw Hillary on TV admit she had her own server, in her bathroom, that she inherited from Bill and she really didn't know anything about it? There is a mountain of documentation.........and youtubes. "If you wanted the truth..............."

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Post by Lance Kennedy » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:51 am

Bobbo

If she was criminal as clearly as you say, then why was she not charged.?

If the evidence was stand out obvious, then Trump would, in his mean spirited and vindictive way, have put her in prison. So I doubt it. My feeling is that most of all that is a "storm in a teacup" roused by her political rivals. Guess who?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:35 am

You can't read. Lying down with landrew ...............((((2nd Time: Trump has nothing to do with it.)))

ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Post by ElectricMonk » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:17 pm

Clinton didn't use and unsecured server.
She used a private one, which was more secure than the official one.

gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by gorgeous » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:58 pm

we need hackers to find out the truth
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:05 pm

Tom Palven wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:11 am

Assange is not a politician, but a journalist who exposed the truth, and it is a travesty of justice worthy of the Third Reich to put him in prison.
Take heart. The only reason he's been indicted by the Trump administration is so that Trump's DOJ could redact (for reason of possible harm to an ongoing investigation) everything about him from the Trump Reporr that connects him to Dear Leader. :-P
Lard, save me from your followers.

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Post by Lance Kennedy » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:34 pm

Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:35 am
You can't read. Lying down with landrew ...............((((2nd Time: Trump has nothing to do with it.)))

Actually Trump has a great deal to do with it.

There is a principle in psychology which shows that for most people (the gullible ones) if a lie is told to them enough times, they come to believe it. Trump told the "crooked Hillary" lie hundreds of times. It is quite possible that this lie was the reason Hillary was not elected.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:26 am

OK........I'll give you that even though everyone knew Hillary was crooked to begin with.......but repetition does have that effect with far too many people. Is that why you repeat so often???

As to repeating lies.....it does seem to have worked with far too many people when she says "I just used the server for personal business and don't understand computers at all." Its why women make good realtors. No one expects competency.

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Post by Lance Kennedy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:58 am

Perhaps.

But when it comes to making national leaders, I doubt there is any real difference, as an overall average, between males and females. They all seem to stuff it up.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:11 am

There is a huge obvious well documented difference in the way/accomplishments/interests of women vs men politicians.

Another fail to examine BOTH SIDES of an issue: the similarities and the differences. Won't even go to trying to weigh and evaluate the nexus.

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Post by Lance Kennedy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:32 am

Again, you need to explain.

The biggest failure of any national leader is when the nation goes to war. What has surprised me over the last 100 years or so, is that female leaders appear to be every bit as likely to send their nation into war.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:41 am

LMFTFYTD (......then disagree): ........goes to war and loses. With "lose" having many and varied meanings. Its just as true to say: No war, no nation. I think the most fascinating case of Venezuela shows you don't have to go to war to destroy more lives than most wars do. So.......I'd steer away from history/politics and such. Make more lists.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:51 am

Lance Kennedy wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:08 am
You are correct, Tom.

Did you know that the word "politician" comes from the same root as the word "policeman", and derives from the word 'polis' in ancient Greek meaning affairs of the city?
Nu-uh, it's from poly - many. And ticks - bloodsucking parasites. :nose:

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:56 am

Polis - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polis

Polis (/ˈpɒlɪs/; Greek: πόλις pronounced [pólis]), plural poleis (/ˈpɒleɪz/, πόλεις [póleːs]) literally means city in Greek. It can also mean a body of citizens.

I've always used it in the citizen sense.........no beer yet.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:01 am

:roll:

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:09 am

:)

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:42 am

:lol:

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:45 am

There are so many good ones. I've found a few also excellent emoji's off site and they usually present full screen ruining their effect. Don't have the skills to shrink it to right size.

..........always too much to learn.....................