Look what they're up to now.

General discussion on the subject of religion, losing religion, and having no religion to lose...
User avatar
Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5102
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am
Custom Title: Morgan de Veldt
Location: The Land Formerly Known as Pangea

Look what they're up to now.

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:26 am

Granted, I’ve been a lapsed Catholic for many decades, but I’ve never been bitter and always had a warm feeling for the Church.

But no more. Look what they're up to now.

What is WRONG with these people? You've got to be batshit insane to believe something like this:
Randy Engel wrote:Have you had enough? Or will you wait until the Homosexual Collective’s hobnail boot is pressed on the neck of your prone body or that of your child or grandchild before reacting?
(Aside: Is it coincidental that Ms. Engel's first name is "Randy"?)

"Hobnailed boot on your neck"??? Really, I don't get it. How does a person get to be that crazy? The dangerous people are the holy ones that everybody trusted in the clergy and are still being defended by "traditional" Catholics like Ms. Engel. They infest the clergy because the Church wouldn’t have any women or any married men among its priests (unless they were converts from Orthodoxy).

As I posted elsewhere on this board, I just watched an excellent video: “Constantine’s Sword” based on the book by former priest James Carroll, who is still a practicing Catholic. He pointed out that the Church made only very general tut-tut comments about how nice peace would be when American planes were dropping napalm on Vietnamese villages, whereas if they had been dropping condoms, the Church would have screamed bloody murder. That’s how sick the celibates at the top of the hierarchy are.
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1613
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:23 am
Custom Title: eugenics never stopped

Re: Look what they're up to now.

Post by psychiatry is a scam » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:21 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:26 am
Granted, I’ve been a lapsed Catholic for many decades, but I’ve never been bitter and always had a warm feeling for the Church.

thinking back to when i was in grade school and believed the roman catholic church was great .
the people who made the churches in south detroit were great.
and everyone has good memories of that.

i think that is why we are not as bitter as we should be .
we only see the good people , and ignore what the priests do .

just realized - main problem is the people can not vote .

ecrasez l'infame have not even bothered to get a bumper sticker :-(

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 34829
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: prostrate spurge
Location: Transcona

Re: Look what they're up to now.

Post by Gord » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:35 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:21 pm
Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:26 am
Granted, I’ve been a lapsed Catholic for many decades, but I’ve never been bitter and always had a warm feeling for the Church.
thinking back to when i was in grade school and believed the roman catholic church was great .
the people who made the churches in south detroit were great.
and everyone has good memories of that.

i think that is why we are not as bitter as we should be .
we only see the good people , and ignore what the priests do .

just realized - main problem is the people can not vote .

ecrasez l'infame have not even bothered to get a bumper sticker :-(
Whatchoo mean, the people can not vote? Do you mean vote for priests to be priests? I always had the impression that a congregation could vote for who their priests would be. Maybe that was another demonisation I mean denomination.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 34829
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: prostrate spurge
Location: Transcona

Re: Look what they're up to now.

Post by Gord » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:36 am

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:26 am
Randy Engel wrote:Have you had enough? Or will you wait until the Homosexual Collective’s hobnail boot is pressed on the neck of your prone body or that of your child or grandchild before reacting?
(Aside: Is it coincidental that Ms. Engel's first name is "Randy"?)

"Hobnailed boot on your neck"??? Really, I don't get it. How does a person get to be that crazy?
Some people just don't know how to healthily express their own kinkiness, so they turn to fearful outbursts of nonsense.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1613
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:23 am
Custom Title: eugenics never stopped

Re: Look what they're up to now.

Post by psychiatry is a scam » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:21 am

Gord wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:35 am
psychiatry is a scam wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:21 pm
Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:26 am
Granted, I’ve been a lapsed Catholic for many decades, but I’ve never been bitter and always had a warm feeling for the Church.
thinking back to when i was in grade school and believed the roman catholic church was great .
the people who made the churches in south detroit were great.
and everyone has good memories of that.

i think that is why we are not as bitter as we should be .
we only see the good people , and ignore what the priests do .

just realized - main problem is the people can not vote .

ecrasez l'infame have not even bothered to get a bumper sticker :-(
Whatchoo mean, the people can not vote? Do you mean vote for priests to be priests? I always had the impression that a congregation could vote for who their priests would be. Maybe that was another demonisation I mean denomination.
roman catholic rotates the pedophiles -
i mean vote for bishops , pope , celibacy .
that celibacy thing is amazing - we are special , better , because we do not need sex -
nuns claim they are married to god .

User avatar
Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5102
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am
Custom Title: Morgan de Veldt
Location: The Land Formerly Known as Pangea

Re: Look what they're up to now.

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:49 am

Gord wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:35 am
psychiatry is a scam wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:21 pm
Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:26 am
Granted, I’ve been a lapsed Catholic for many decades, but I’ve never been bitter and always had a warm feeling for the Church.
thinking back to when i was in grade school and believed the roman catholic church was great .
the people who made the churches in south detroit were great.
and everyone has good memories of that.

i think that is why we are not as bitter as we should be .
we only see the good people , and ignore what the priests do .

just realized - main problem is the people can not vote .

ecrasez l'infame have not even bothered to get a bumper sticker :-(
Whatchoo mean, the people can not vote? Do you mean vote for priests to be priests? I always had the impression that a congregation could vote for who their priests would be. Maybe that was another demonisation I mean denomination.
Yeah, it must have been another demonization. Catholics can complain to the bishop if they don't like their parish priest, and in areas where there is a plentiful supply, they can even switch parishes. At least that's how it was 50 years ago. The bishop is the one man with the one vote on where a priest goes.
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

User avatar
Upton_O_Goode
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5102
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 am
Custom Title: Morgan de Veldt
Location: The Land Formerly Known as Pangea

Re: Look what they're up to now.

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:54 am

Gord wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:36 am
Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:26 am
Randy Engel wrote:Have you had enough? Or will you wait until the Homosexual Collective’s hobnail boot is pressed on the neck of your prone body or that of your child or grandchild before reacting?
(Aside: Is it coincidental that Ms. Engel's first name is "Randy"?)

"Hobnailed boot on your neck"??? Really, I don't get it. How does a person get to be that crazy?
Some people just don't know how to healthily express their own kinkiness, so they turn to fearful outbursts of nonsense.
Alas, if spouting nonsense was ALL they do, it would be all right. Let 'em rant. But unfortunately, they kick out of the church a lot of people who would like to stay and who could use the comfort. Only a few ex-Catholics that I know can feel they are "really" in church in a liberal Protestant denomination. I do know a few who are crazy enough to become evangelicals. But that route is also not available to the LGBT community, as evangelicals line ups solidly alongside the Catholics on any open, honest relationship that isn't strictly heterosexual. (And in secret, the two religious communities are equally good at doing the deed and concealing it.)
“It is certainly sad and regrettable that so many innocent people died…Stalin was absolutely adamant on making doubly sure: spare no one…I don’t deny that I supported that view. I was simply not able to study every individual case…It was hard to draw a precise line where to stop.”

Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Skryabin (“Molotov”)

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 34829
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: prostrate spurge
Location: Transcona

Re: Look what they're up to now.

Post by Gord » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:33 pm

If only people weren't tortured and indoctrinated to the point where they could no longer accept that there probably are no gods.

Curse you, Red Baron!

Image


...or, y'know, the religious equivalent. Whatever that would.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 34829
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: prostrate spurge
Location: Transcona

Re: Look what they're up to now.

Post by Gord » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:51 am

...be. Whatever that would be.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?