Arguing against religion

General discussion on the subject of religion, losing religion, and having no religion to lose...
bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 19276
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:26 pm

Lausten: it is just a label with the actual subject matter being the import. But Munchhausen is about idiosyncrasies if not mental illness--not relevant to epistemology at all. I think Agrippa would be far superior as it relates more closely to the subject...at least how/who formulated it. I say this not knowing Agrippa at all...but its got to be closer than Munchhausen?
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1641
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Angel » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:33 pm

Azania wrote:
Angel wrote:
Azania wrote:
Poodle wrote:
Azania wrote:... In my world there is nobody to do anything because nothing is being done ...
This is the first time in all of Azania's posts that I can actually agree wholeheartedly. All I can do is be thankful that Azania's world is surrounded by an impenetrable skull. Nothing's getting out of there. Certainly, nothing ever got in.

Ahh!! You see this is the paradox because you couldn't be further from the truth. On the contrary and in fact, you are in actuality referring to your own prison shell without even realising it. Were you not so foolishly ignorant you would break out and be free of it. In the embodiment of consciousness you are born to suffer and die. In an endless succession of events you believe to be real you do and then you undo. If only you paid attention to life as it is and how it happens rather than how it appears and how you imagine it you could learn so much more. The chick in its shell demonstrates more intelligence. For it knows that unless it breaks out there can only be death and suffering. Do not talk about my world like you know it, you know nothing apart from you own dream world.
Who are you serving?

The self of course. There is only the self.
How boring lol
I like serving idiots sometimes. Hahaha
You want to talk?
You know where I am. :lol:

User avatar
Lausten
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3917
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:33 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Lausten » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:18 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Lausten: it is just a label with the actual subject matter being the import. But Munchhausen is about idiosyncrasies if not mental illness--not relevant to epistemology at all. I think Agrippa would be far superior as it relates more closely to the subject...at least how/who formulated it. I say this not knowing Agrippa at all...but its got to be closer than Munchhausen?
You say that not knowing Agrippa? Then how can you say it all? Idiosycarasies and mental illness? What are you talking about?
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

User avatar
gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5615
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by gorgeous » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:02 pm

aliens have walked through walls, they know they aren't solid....was Bohr insane?
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:32 am

gorgeous wrote:aliens have walked through walls, they know they aren't solid....was Bohr insane?
1) Neil Bohr never walked through a wall,
2) Quantum mechanics does not say anything about walking through solid objects,
3) You have never seen an alien walk through a wall.
Three strikes.jpg
Why do you lie all the time?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:51 am

Poodle wrote:Now, face the wall. Count up to ten and then sprint as fast as you can toward that wall. Keep going. You'll pass easily through so much empty space, won't you?
I'm assuming Gorgeous has already done this experiment some many times using her head, that it explains why she can't form a coherent thought today.
Hippy wall.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Poodle
True Skeptic
Posts: 10846
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Poodle » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:28 am

gorgeous wrote:aliens have walked through walls, they know they aren't solid....was Bohr insane?
Show me the alien or stop making this claim.

Bohr was not insane, but you do not understand what Bohr was talking about.

Walls are not solid on a sub-atomic level. Nor are you. But they and you are as solid as all hell when it comes to the universal scale at which you operate.

Neutrinos can pass through the entire Earth. Even neutrinos, though, occasionally have collisions when doing so. Please observe that you are not a neutrino.

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Azania » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:25 am

Lausten wrote:
Azania wrote:
Poodle wrote: A prelonged state of mind leads to a condition, mind is moulded to the conditions in which it is exposed to. Naturally if you are exposed to stupidity for too long your condition is bound to be one of unintelligence. Next! Lol!!
Well, there you go again. Describing reality, then claiming it supports your imaginary dream world of one consciousness outside the mind that we could all see if we figuratively open our eyes, but can't see with our literal eyes, but you can because, oh wait, there is not because from you, because it's not about causes, it just is.

You get it, but you don't get it. We are moulded by our experiences. <- period. That includes you. There's no way out of Munchausen's trilemma. We can build toward higher probability of knowing the truth, but we can't know when we have reached ultimate truth. Personally, I'm pretty sure we are way off at the moment. We need to worry more about this whole food and air deal for a while, then we can get back to ultimate truth.

You are not hearing what I'm telling you. Reality is not a product of the mind, so in this light how is it even possible to describe? I do not describe or even attempt to describe what is real, you know it by knowing what it is not. Your problem is that you are only conscious of the content of you mind, you are never aware that you are conscious. Truth is not a probability it is a fact, you come to it when you disappear. Stop your routine of acquisitiveness and your habits of looking for results and instead rely on your clarity of thought, purity of motive and integrity of action. Unless you are honest with yourself and trust your motives how else are you going to reach the ultimate truth? You are like a child unwilling to grow up. Look at yourself honestly, you know full well that you are at a loss. There is no foundation to your argument the moment you investigate it thoroughly it all collapses in, just like a dream that dissolve on waking.

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Azania » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:28 am

Angel wrote:
Azania wrote:
Angel wrote:
Azania wrote:
Poodle wrote:
Azania wrote:... In my world there is nobody to do anything because nothing is being done ...
This is the first time in all of Azania's posts that I can actually agree wholeheartedly. All I can do is be thankful that Azania's world is surrounded by an impenetrable skull. Nothing's getting out of there. Certainly, nothing ever got in.

Ahh!! You see this is the paradox because you couldn't be further from the truth. On the contrary and in fact, you are in actuality referring to your own prison shell without even realising it. Were you not so foolishly ignorant you would break out and be free of it. In the embodiment of consciousness you are born to suffer and die. In an endless succession of events you believe to be real you do and then you undo. If only you paid attention to life as it is and how it happens rather than how it appears and how you imagine it you could learn so much more. The chick in its shell demonstrates more intelligence. For it knows that unless it breaks out there can only be death and suffering. Do not talk about my world like you know it, you know nothing apart from you own dream world.
Who are you serving?

The self of course. There is only the self.
How boring lol
I like serving idiots sometimes. Hahaha
Well then you should serve yourself more honestly. Only an idiot would deny himself.

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Azania » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:16 am

Poodle wrote:
Azania wrote:I knew I would have to give you the ABC at some point. Here is the definition of psychiatry :

The branch of medicine that deals with the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of mental and emotional disorders
Very good, Azania! Take two gold stars. Keep doing as I ask and you'll soon be clever. Now - why didn't you say that in the first place? What's that you say? "Because I was BS". Was that it? Well, I'm going to have to take back one of the gold stars because your reasoning in the attempt to plead that "the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of mental and emotional disorders" is the same as "content" is not very good. Comically bad, in fact. And then I'm going to take back the other one because you didn't admit to BS in the first place.

Now, go away and learn all about the big clue that nice man Lausten gave you - the Münchhausen trilemma. Make sure you know all about it because we'll be asking questions when you return.

Lol! lol!! lol!! You can do what you like. Although it might help if you went away and retook your English exam. Perhaps then you could figure out what it is you are trying to give or take back lol!! Lol!! Lol!!

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1641
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Angel » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:40 am

Azania wrote:
Angel wrote:
Azania wrote:
Angel wrote:
Azania wrote:
Poodle wrote:
Azania wrote:... In my world there is nobody to do anything because nothing is being done ...
This is the first time in all of Azania's posts that I can actually agree wholeheartedly. All I can do is be thankful that Azania's world is surrounded by an impenetrable skull. Nothing's getting out of there. Certainly, nothing ever got in.

Ahh!! You see this is the paradox because you couldn't be further from the truth. On the contrary and in fact, you are in actuality referring to your own prison shell without even realising it. Were you not so foolishly ignorant you would break out and be free of it. In the embodiment of consciousness you are born to suffer and die. In an endless succession of events you believe to be real you do and then you undo. If only you paid attention to life as it is and how it happens rather than how it appears and how you imagine it you could learn so much more. The chick in its shell demonstrates more intelligence. For it knows that unless it breaks out there can only be death and suffering. Do not talk about my world like you know it, you know nothing apart from you own dream world.
Who are you serving?

The self of course. There is only the self.
How boring lol
I like serving idiots sometimes. Hahaha
Well then you should serve yourself more honestly. Only an idiot would deny himself.
Ah yet I am not the one denying myself.
My family denied me first ~
then society ( doctors , teachers, people
in authority etc.) .
How can I deny myself when I have nothing?
You want to talk?
You know where I am. :lol:

User avatar
Poodle
True Skeptic
Posts: 10846
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Poodle » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:42 am

Azania wrote:
Poodle wrote:
Azania wrote:I knew I would have to give you the ABC at some point. Here is the definition of psychiatry :

The branch of medicine that deals with the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of mental and emotional disorders
Very good, Azania! Take two gold stars. Keep doing as I ask and you'll soon be clever. Now - why didn't you say that in the first place? What's that you say? "Because I was BS". Was that it? Well, I'm going to have to take back one of the gold stars because your reasoning in the attempt to plead that "the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of mental and emotional disorders" is the same as "content" is not very good. Comically bad, in fact. And then I'm going to take back the other one because you didn't admit to BS in the first place.

Now, go away and learn all about the big clue that nice man Lausten gave you - the Münchhausen trilemma. Make sure you know all about it because we'll be asking questions when you return.

Lol! lol!! lol!! You can do what you like. Although it might help if you went away and retook your English exam. Perhaps then you could figure out what it is you are trying to give or take back lol!! Lol!! Lol!!
Lollilollilollipops!!! You are a wag, Azania! But there you go again with your wild imagination. You are a very naughty thing!

One of your problems, it's plain to see, is that you are imagining that people have said certain things to you when (as you'd see if only you checked your posting history) no such thing has occurred. A case in point - you have actually quoted (above) my post in which I awarded you two gold stars and then took them back from you because you were so naughty. It was quite clear that I was referring to gold stars, as those are the very words I used. It follows that I'd already figured out what they were. I'm so sorry to say that your comprehension skills appear to be in need of remedial action. Are you SURE you mean everything you say? I ask because my English is pretty good for an Englishman whereas yours is, shall we say, a little opaque.

I observe that you appear to have lost track of the thread, instead descending into the realms of exchanging insults with me. It didn't take long. You're an easy target.

ROFLWAFFLECOPTER!!!!!!! Guffaw and chortlelol!.

User avatar
Lausten
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3917
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:33 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Lausten » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:02 am

Azania wrote:
Lausten wrote: You are not hearing what I'm telling you. Reality is not a product of the mind, so in this light how is it even possible to describe? I do not describe or even attempt to describe what is real, you know it by knowing what it is not. Your problem is that you are only conscious of the content of you mind, you are never aware that you are conscious. Truth is not a probability it is a fact, you come to it when you disappear. Stop your routine of acquisitiveness and your habits of looking for results and instead rely on your clarity of thought, purity of motive and integrity of action. Unless you are honest with yourself and trust your motives how else are you going to reach the ultimate truth? You are like a child unwilling to grow up. Look at yourself honestly, you know full well that you are at a loss. There is no foundation to your argument the moment you investigate it thoroughly it all collapses in, just like a dream that dissolve on waking.
I'm hearing exactly what you are telling me. You're telling me that your way is the pure way, the way to ultimate truth. That you are aware of something that I am not. That you know the truth that I don't. And that I get to where you are by renouncing everything I've been taught my entire, everything bit of knowledge accumulated over the last 500 years is useless, including the methods used to gain that knowledge. Did I miss something?

What you missed is, even if you had something, which you don't, you would be interested in others also having it. You wouldn't tell them how wrong they are for not having it and how childish they are for not being willing to have it. You would look for ways to actually describe it or ways to lead them toward it.
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

User avatar
gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5615
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by gorgeous » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:30 am

Poodle wrote:
gorgeous wrote:aliens have walked through walls, they know they aren't solid....was Bohr insane?
Show me the alien or stop making this claim.

Bohr was not insane, but you do not understand what Bohr was talking about.

Walls are not solid on a sub-atomic level. Nor are you. But they and you are as solid as all hell when it comes to the universal scale at which you operate.

Neutrinos can pass through the entire Earth. Even neutrinos, though, occasionally have collisions when doing so. Please observe that you are not a neutrino.
------------so what was Bohr talking about all not being real?....if they pass through the Earth then the Earth is not solid..if aliens travel through dimensions, they can walk through walls, just a dimension....I will show you an alien when you prove that you exist...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Azania » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:59 am

Angel wrote:
Azania wrote:
Angel wrote:
Azania wrote:
Angel wrote:
Azania wrote:
Poodle wrote:
Azania wrote:... In my world there is nobody to do anything because nothing is being done ...
This is the first time in all of Azania's posts that I can actually agree wholeheartedly. All I can do is be thankful that Azania's world is surrounded by an impenetrable skull. Nothing's getting out of there. Certainly, nothing ever got in.

Ahh!! You see this is the paradox because you couldn't be further from the truth. On the contrary and in fact, you are in actuality referring to your own prison shell without even realising it. Were you not so foolishly ignorant you would break out and be free of it. In the embodiment of consciousness you are born to suffer and die. In an endless succession of events you believe to be real you do and then you undo. If only you paid attention to life as it is and how it happens rather than how it appears and how you imagine it you could learn so much more. The chick in its shell demonstrates more intelligence. For it knows that unless it breaks out there can only be death and suffering. Do not talk about my world like you know it, you know nothing apart from you own dream world.
Who are you serving?

The self of course. There is only the self.
How boring lol
I like serving idiots sometimes. Hahaha
Well then you should serve yourself more honestly. Only an idiot would deny himself.
Ah yet I am not the one denying myself.
My family denied me first ~
then society ( doctors , teachers, people
in authority etc.) .
How can I deny myself when I have nothing?
By talking of God as something separate from yourself. Before God is, you are. God is only a name given to the totality of consciousness. Before your are conscious you must be aware. There can be no consciousness without awareness but there can be awareness without consciousness. Awareness stands alone, unsupported.

User avatar
gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5615
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by gorgeous » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:00 pm

not solid------------Scientists show future events decide what happens in the past

http://www.digitaljournal.com/science/e ... .../434829 ---------An experiment by Australian scientists has proven that what happens to particles in the past is only decided when they are observed and measured in the future. Until such time, reality is just an abstraction. -------------Quantum laws tend to contradict common sense. At that level, one thing can be two different things simultaneously and be at two different places at the same time. Two particles can be entangled and, when one changes its state, the other will also do so immediately, even if they are at opposite ends of the universe – seemingly acting faster than the speed of light.
Particles can also tunnel through solid objects, which should normally be impenetrable barriers, like a ghost passing through a wall. And now scientists have proven that, what is happening to a particle now, isn't governed by what has happened to it in the past, but by what state it is in the future – effectively meaning that, at a subatomic level, time can go backwards.
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Azania » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:32 pm

Lausten wrote:
Azania wrote:
Lausten wrote: You are not hearing what I'm telling you. Reality is not a product of the mind, so in this light how is it even possible to describe? I do not describe or even attempt to describe what is real, you know it by knowing what it is not. Your problem is that you are only conscious of the content of you mind, you are never aware that you are conscious. Truth is not a probability it is a fact, you come to it when you disappear. Stop your routine of acquisitiveness and your habits of looking for results and instead rely on your clarity of thought, purity of motive and integrity of action. Unless you are honest with yourself and trust your motives how else are you going to reach the ultimate truth? You are like a child unwilling to grow up. Look at yourself honestly, you know full well that you are at a loss. There is no foundation to your argument the moment you investigate it thoroughly it all collapses in, just like a dream that dissolve on waking.
I'm hearing exactly what you are telling me. You're telling me that your way is the pure way,
I've stop you right there because within the first sentence of your posts there arise a misunderstanding. You are hearing what you want to hear. What you want to hear is not what I'm telling you. I'm pointing to you as a perceiving centre. The way to yourself is pure not what I'm telling you or what anybody else is telling or even what ever you read out of a book. You must get rid of your preconceived notions about truth and live it. Hence the reason why I put so much emphasis on your own experience. You cannot see beyond the word so you are left with its relative meaning. Truth is absolute, real. But you can only be real, to talk about it is to dream about it. Group discussion about truth is for entertainment which is what we are doing here. There is nothing relative about truth for the simple reason it applies to one. My being and your being and the being of an insect does not differ. The difference is only in the mind hence the reason minds clash. Being, never.

User avatar
Poodle
True Skeptic
Posts: 10846
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Poodle » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:35 pm

That's a faulty link, gorgeous. You must have dazed yourself trying to run through that wall.

You are constantly conflating events in this world with quantum events. You can't do that. It doesn't work like that. You cannot force it to work like that or wish it into possibility. You are not a photon.

User avatar
gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5615
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by gorgeous » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:28 pm

search the title of the article...this world is the quantum level underneath...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
Lausten
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3917
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:33 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Lausten » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:32 pm

Azania wrote:The way to yourself is pure not what I'm telling you or what anybody else is telling or even what ever you read out of a book.
Here's where I got the "pure" thing:
Axx wrote:Truth is not a probability it is a fact, you come to it when you disappear. Stop your routine of acquisitiveness and your habits of looking for results and instead rely on your clarity of thought, purity of motive and integrity of action.
At least you are admitting that what you are telling me doesn't matter. I knew that all along. You are beginning to see that which was before unseen weed hopper. The uncovering of what you say is revealing that you should stop saying anything, that your words are not your own, and your thoughts are nothing but yellow mist in the wind. If you quiet the mind and STFU, all will become clear.
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:20 am

gorgeous wrote: ------------so what was Bohr talking about all not being real?....
Electrons are better defined by the probability of their location rather than trying to determine their actual location. Indeed the main rule of physics, Bohr followed, (Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle) was that you cannot know the exact location of an electron and its velocity at the same time. That all that Bohr was talking about. [/color]

Why can't we know the speed, v⃗ (t)v→(t) , and position, r⃗ (t)r→(t) , of an electron (the two) at the same time tt ?
http://physics.stackexchange.com/questi ... -of-an-ele

This is high school physics. You simply don't know anything about this as you had no formal education. :lol:

User avatar
gorgeous
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5615
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by gorgeous » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:37 am

he said everything is made of unreal stuff...not real..
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
Poodle
True Skeptic
Posts: 10846
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Poodle » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:15 am

"... And go round and round and round
In the circle game."

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:29 am

gorgeous wrote:he said everything is made of unreal stuff...not real..
No he didn't. You are lying yet again.

You don't actually know who Niels Bohr is do you?
:lol:

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Azania » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:33 am

Lausten wrote:
Azania wrote:The way to yourself is pure not what I'm telling you or what anybody else is telling or even what ever you read out of a book.
Here's where I got the "pure" thing:
Axx wrote:Truth is not a probability it is a fact, you come to it when you disappear. Stop your routine of acquisitiveness and your habits of looking for results and instead rely on your clarity of thought, purity of motive and integrity of action.
At least you are admitting that what you are telling me doesn't matter. I knew that all along. You are beginning to see that which was before unseen weed hopper. The uncovering of what you say is revealing that you should stop saying anything, that your words are not your own, and your thoughts are nothing but yellow mist in the wind. If you quiet the mind and STFU, all will become clear.
Lol!! Not my thoughts, thoughts just flow in the mind like a river between two banks until they pool in an ocean of consciousness. You identify with some wave of that ocean and call it your thought. Your delusion astounds, yet it does not surprise. In theory if you've learnt how to ride a bicycle once you need not Learn it again. Words are only pointers you must learn to disregard the pointers and look at what they are pointing at. Your concern for trivial pursuit maybe your only way but it is not all that bad. It seems most of you here struggle to unravel the mystery of consciousness. But perhaps if you took your own advice... With a pinch of quiescence your mind might just STFU itself and pay more attention to itself instead, which is what I've been trying to get you to do all along. Lol!! Lol!

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1641
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Angel » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:41 pm

Azania wrote:
Angel wrote:
Azania wrote:
Angel wrote:
Azania wrote:
Angel wrote:
Azania wrote:
Poodle wrote:
Azania wrote:... In my world there is nobody to do anything because nothing is being done ...
This is the first time in all of Azania's posts that I can actually agree wholeheartedly. All I can do is be thankful that Azania's world is surrounded by an impenetrable skull. Nothing's getting out of there. Certainly, nothing ever got in.

Ahh!! You see this is the paradox because you couldn't be further from the truth. On the contrary and in fact, you are in actuality referring to your own prison shell without even realising it. Were you not so foolishly ignorant you would break out and be free of it. In the embodiment of consciousness you are born to suffer and die. In an endless succession of events you believe to be real you do and then you undo. If only you paid attention to life as it is and how it happens rather than how it appears and how you imagine it you could learn so much more. The chick in its shell demonstrates more intelligence. For it knows that unless it breaks out there can only be death and suffering. Do not talk about my world like you know it, you know nothing apart from you own dream world.
Who are you serving?

The self of course. There is only the self.
How boring lol
I like serving idiots sometimes. Hahaha
Well then you should serve yourself more honestly. Only an idiot would deny himself.
Ah yet I am not the one denying myself.
My family denied me first ~
then society ( doctors , teachers, people
in authority etc.) .
How can I deny myself when I have nothing?
By talking of God as something separate from yourself. Before God is, you are. God is only a name given to the totality of consciousness. Before your are conscious you must be aware. There can be no consciousness without awareness but there can be awareness without consciousness. Awareness stands alone, unsupported.
God is only a part of what I am.
Otherwise I would be him.
We r one only in bin / past~ Freewill lets me
choose to be one with him.
So if ur parents die before u r born ~
u don't exist as u r only a reincarnation
of them? hehe
You want to talk?
You know where I am. :lol:

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1641
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Angel » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:43 pm

Poodle wrote:"... And go round and round and round
In the circle game."
Like a Poodle chasing its noodle! :lol:
You want to talk?
You know where I am. :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:55 am

Azania wrote:thoughts just flow in the mind like a river between two banks until they pool in an ocean of consciousness.
No they don't. Unless you have soup for brains. :lol:

Azania wrote:You identify with some wave of that ocean and call it your thought.
It is already my thought, you idiot. It's not someone else's, is it? :lol:
Azania wrote:Words are only pointers you must learn to disregard the pointers and look at what they are pointing at.
That makes no sense whatsoever and indicates your ongoing confusion and the reason for your awful posts. When Lausten writes a word to explain what he means, I understand his exact use of that word and thus I can follow Lausten's logic with ease. You are saying your words have no real meaning and loosely point in some fuzzy direction that could mean anything to people reading your posts.

You are too stupid for this forum. Go away and try another forum

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1641
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Angel » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:50 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Azania wrote:thoughts just flow in the mind like a river between two banks until they pool in an ocean of consciousness.
No they don't. Unless you have soup for brains. :lol:

Azania wrote:You identify with some wave of that ocean and call it your thought.
It is already my thought, you idiot. It's not someone else's, is it? :lol:
Azania wrote:Words are only pointers you must learn to disregard the pointers and look at what they are pointing at.
That makes no sense whatsoever and indicates your ongoing confusion and the reason for your awful posts. When Lausten writes a word to explain what he means, I understand his exact use of that word and thus I can follow Lausten's logic with ease. You are saying your words have no real meaning and loosely point in some fuzzy direction that could mean anything to people reading your posts.

You are too stupid for this forum. Go away and try another forum
Why do you resort to name calling? Idiot?!

Actually you don't know who's thoughts you are
thinking as there are so many people & things
& places & pets & animals & bugs etc...
that influence your thoughts ~ it's easy to
get confused. What has your doctor told you
to think about? What did your family tell
you to mind? Your manners? Hehe

Hey Pyrroh~ Mattie is taking over as lord
of your forum yet again :mrgreen: :lol:
You want to talk?
You know where I am. :lol:

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Azania » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:06 pm

Angel wrote:
Azania wrote:
Angel wrote:
Azania wrote:
Angel wrote:
Azania wrote:
Angel wrote:
Azania wrote:
Poodle wrote:
Azania wrote:... In my world there is nobody to do anything because nothing is being done ...
This is the first time in all of Azania's posts that I can actually agree wholeheartedly. All I can do is be thankful that Azania's world is surrounded by an impenetrable skull. Nothing's getting out of there. Certainly, nothing ever got in.

Ahh!! You see this is the paradox because you couldn't be further from the truth. On the contrary and in fact, you are in actuality referring to your own prison shell without even realising it. Were you not so foolishly ignorant you would break out and be free of it. In the embodiment of consciousness you are born to suffer and die. In an endless succession of events you believe to be real you do and then you undo. If only you paid attention to life as it is and how it happens rather than how it appears and how you imagine it you could learn so much more. The chick in its shell demonstrates more intelligence. For it knows that unless it breaks out there can only be death and suffering. Do not talk about my world like you know it, you know nothing apart from you own dream world.
Who are you serving?

The self of course. There is only the self.
How boring lol
I like serving idiots sometimes. Hahaha
Well then you should serve yourself more honestly. Only an idiot would deny himself.
Ah yet I am not the one denying myself.
My family denied me first ~
then society ( doctors , teachers, people
in authority etc.) .
How can I deny myself when I have nothing?
By talking of God as something separate from yourself. Before God is, you are. God is only a name given to the totality of consciousness. Before your are conscious you must be aware. There can be no consciousness without awareness but there can be awareness without consciousness. Awareness stands alone, unsupported.
God is only a part of what I am.
Otherwise I would be him.
We r one only in bin / past~ Freewill lets me
choose to be one with him.
So if ur parents die before u r born ~
u don't exist as u r only a reincarnation
of them? hehe
You are deluded and I do not mean that in an insulting manner. There is no such thing as reincarnation or free will. There is only Gods will. The will of God is nothing but the total functioning of the consciousness. Consciousness is the creator, destroyer and redeemer. You are the God. But the moment you think about being God you miss the point. All that you think you know outside of your consciousness can only be an inference. Without your presence, the embodiment of consciousness nothing exists . You yourself have already said it, all comes from nothing. Nothingness is not a state of something else, it is in and of itself. YOU are first, then you become conscious which enables you to think about yourself as being something in particular, then that idea or conception if you like becomes embodied in the consciousness giving rise to duality. Consciousness is only a reflection against the background of awareness. The moment you become conscious of yourself duality is born and the conflict between what you are in reality and what you imagine yourself to be in consciousness begins. I do not talk to you as an individual I only refer to you as the consciousness because that is all that you are. How you see yourself in consciousness is only imaginary. All your ideas, conceptions, hopes and dreams are in the consciousness, they are secondary first is your being. In the beginning consciousness is pure indivisible and singular, in the end it is the same only in between the mind arise and contaminates it with stupid ideas about God, the universe, afterlife, the self, reincarnation and other such nonsense. These are all conceptions. When you witness the death of somebody or something, what has actually happened? Something that has appeared in the consciousness has now disappeared in the consciousness. Nothing has happened to the consciousness of that thing otherwise you would not have been able to have witness it. If you are in full awareness, alert when your body finally breaths its last breath you will also witness the death of your own body. Consciousness does not die nor is it born, it does not come from somewhere nor does it go anywhere. Birth and death and all things that appear and disappear only exists IN THE CONSCIOUSNESS!! If you are still clinging to the idea of a separate God at the time of death then you will see him and disappear for a while. You are only dreaming and unless you awake from this dream state it will continue.
Last edited by Azania on Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Azania » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:17 pm

Angel wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
Azania wrote:thoughts just flow in the mind like a river between two banks until they pool in an ocean of consciousness.
No they don't. Unless you have soup for brains. :lol:

Azania wrote:You identify with some wave of that ocean and call it your thought.
It is already my thought, you idiot. It's not someone else's, is it? :lol:
Azania wrote:Words are only pointers you must learn to disregard the pointers and look at what they are pointing at.
That makes no sense whatsoever and indicates your ongoing confusion and the reason for your awful posts. When Lausten writes a word to explain what he means, I understand his exact use of that word and thus I can follow Lausten's logic with ease. You are saying your words have no real meaning and loosely point in some fuzzy direction that could mean anything to people reading your posts.

You are too stupid for this forum. Go away and try another forum
Why do you resort to name calling? Idiot?!

Actually you don't know who's thoughts you are
thinking as there are so many people & things
& places & pets & animals & bugs etc...
that influence your thoughts ~ it's easy to
get confused. What has your doctor told you
to think about? What did your family tell
you to mind? Your manners? Hehe

Hey Pyrroh~ Mattie is taking over as lord
of your forum yet again :mrgreen: :lol:
I wouldn't concern yourself too much about ellard. Every forum has its retard. The best course of action is to ignore them, if they're not too stupid they will eventual get bored and go away themselves.

User avatar
Poodle
True Skeptic
Posts: 10846
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Poodle » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:29 pm

Why do you call him ellard, Azania? Do you normally use a surname when you're trying to be insulting? If you do, then there's a small club on here you could join. Is the club out there in your world too? Funnily enough, the last club member we had on here was also fond of using 'retard' in the same way. How many children did your mother have?

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 27888
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Location: sometimes

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by scrmbldggs » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:40 pm

S/he's now turned into a Tolle wannabe. I wonder what the next incarnation will bring. Mother Theresa?
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:21 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:You are too stupid for this forum. Go away and try another forum
Azania wrote:I wouldn't concern yourself too much about ellard. Every forum has its retard. The best course of action is to ignore them, if they're not too stupid they will eventual get bored and go away themselves.
That was too easy.

So Azania? How do you really know every forum has a retard?

Isn't that in direct conflict with your endless pages of posted garbage, saying the exact opposite?
:lol:

(You crack quickly under a little pressure and show your real nature.) :D

User avatar
Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts
Posts: 6151
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:09 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Flash » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:23 am

Azania wrote:
I wouldn't concern yourself too much about ellard. Every forum has its retard. The best course of action is to ignore them, if they're not too stupid they will eventual get bored and go away themselves.
Actually Azania, your stuff is so pathetically stupid it made me get up from my chair and bang my head against the wall. How can some people write such absolutely senseless crap virtually without thinking?

I dunno...I dunno...Ouw, my head is hurting. :doh:
When I feel like exercising, I just lie down until the feeling goes away. Paul Terry

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Azania » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:33 am

Poodle wrote:Why do you call him ellard, Azania?

Why do you ask the question?

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Azania » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:50 am

Flash wrote:Azania wrote:
I wouldn't concern yourself too much about ellard. Every forum has its retard. The best course of action is to ignore them, if they're not too stupid they will eventual get bored and go away themselves.
Actually Azania, your stuff is so pathetically stupid it made me get up from my chair and bang my head against the wall. How can some people write such absolutely senseless crap virtually without thinking?

I dunno...I dunno...Ouw, my head is hurting. :doh:
Lol!! Evidently you've demonstrated how it is done and answered your own question in the process without even realising it - And it can only happen in a flash lol. It's when you get up off your chair and bang your head against the wall. Lol!! Lol!!

User avatar
Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts
Posts: 6151
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:09 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Flash » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:03 am

You see Azania, a good sharp (und funny) retort. You can write intelligently. But you know, trying to explain the nature of the consciousness, intelligence and the Universe to us without any visible qualifications is not the way to go. ;)
When I feel like exercising, I just lie down until the feeling goes away. Paul Terry

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1641
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Angel » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:50 am

Azania wrote:
Angel wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
Azania wrote:thoughts just flow in the mind like a river between two banks until they pool in an ocean of consciousness.
No they don't. Unless you have soup for brains. :lol:

Azania wrote:You identify with some wave of that ocean and call it your thought.
It is already my thought, you idiot. It's not someone else's, is it? :lol:
Azania wrote:Words are only pointers you must learn to disregard the pointers and look at what they are pointing at.
That makes no sense whatsoever and indicates your ongoing confusion and the reason for your awful posts. When Lausten writes a word to explain what he means, I understand his exact use of that word and thus I can follow Lausten's logic with ease. You are saying your words have no real meaning and loosely point in some fuzzy direction that could mean anything to people reading your posts.

You are too stupid for this forum. Go away and try another forum
Why do you resort to name calling? Idiot?!

Actually you don't know who's thoughts you are
thinking as there are so many people & things
& places & pets & animals & bugs etc...
that influence your thoughts ~ it's easy to
get confused. What has your doctor told you
to think about? What did your family tell
you to mind? Your manners? Hehe

Hey Pyrroh~ Mattie is taking over as lord
of your forum yet again :mrgreen: :lol:
I wouldn't concern yourself too much about ellard. Every forum has its retard. The best course of action is to ignore them, if they're not too stupid they will eventual get bored and go away themselves.
I'm sure that's what scientists said about
diseases before they fully understood
how much damage they really do.
I know that's what my family choose to
do with me & now look. I have the upper
hand on those pedo's ~ liars ~ thieves &
Con artists . It's funny that they r rich
& famous.
You want to talk?
You know where I am. :lol:

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1641
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Angel » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:57 am

Azania wrote:
Angel wrote:
Azania wrote:
Angel wrote:
Azania wrote:
Angel wrote:
Azania wrote:
Angel wrote:
Azania wrote:
Poodle wrote:
Azania wrote:... In my world there is nobody to do anything because nothing is being done ...
This is the first time in all of Azania's posts that I can actually agree wholeheartedly. All I can do is be thankful that Azania's world is surrounded by an impenetrable skull. Nothing's getting out of there. Certainly, nothing ever got in.

Ahh!! You see this is the paradox because you couldn't be further from the truth. On the contrary and in fact, you are in actuality referring to your own prison shell without even realising it. Were you not so foolishly ignorant you would break out and be free of it. In the embodiment of consciousness you are born to suffer and die. In an endless succession of events you believe to be real you do and then you undo. If only you paid attention to life as it is and how it happens rather than how it appears and how you imagine it you could learn so much more. The chick in its shell demonstrates more intelligence. For it knows that unless it breaks out there can only be death and suffering. Do not talk about my world like you know it, you know nothing apart from you own dream world.
Who are you serving?

The self of course. There is only the self.
How boring lol
I like serving idiots sometimes. Hahaha
Well then you should serve yourself more honestly. Only an idiot would deny himself.
Ah yet I am not the one denying myself.
My family denied me first ~
then society ( doctors , teachers, people
in authority etc.) .
How can I deny myself when I have nothing?
By talking of God as something separate from yourself. Before God is, you are. God is only a name given to the totality of consciousness. Before your are conscious you must be aware. There can be no consciousness without awareness but there can be awareness without consciousness. Awareness stands alone, unsupported.
God is only a part of what I am.
Otherwise I would be him.
We r one only in bin / past~ Freewill lets me
choose to be one with him.
So if ur parents die before u r born ~
u don't exist as u r only a reincarnation
of them? hehe
You are deluded and I do not mean that in an insulting manner. There is no such thing as reincarnation or free will. There is only Gods will. The will of God is nothing but the total functioning of the consciousness. Consciousness is the creator, destroyer and redeemer. You are the God. But the moment you think about being God you miss the point. All that you think you know outside of your consciousness can only be an inference. Without your presence, the embodiment of consciousness nothing exists . You yourself have already said it, all comes from nothing. Nothingness is not a state of something else, it is in and of itself. YOU are first, then you become conscious which enables you to think about yourself as being something in particular, then that idea or conception if you like becomes embodied in the consciousness giving rise to duality. Consciousness is only a reflection against the background of awareness. The moment you become conscious of yourself duality is born and the conflict between what you are in reality and what you imagine yourself to be in consciousness begins. I do not talk to you as an individual I only refer to you as the consciousness because that is all that you are. How you see yourself in consciousness is only imaginary. All your ideas, conceptions, hopes and dreams are in the consciousness, they are secondary first is your being. In the beginning consciousness is pure indivisible and singular, in the end it is the same only in between the mind arise and contaminates it with stupid ideas about God, the universe, afterlife, the self, reincarnation and other such nonsense. These are all conceptions. When you witness the death of somebody or something, what has actually happened? Something that has appeared in the consciousness has now disappeared in the consciousness. Nothing has happened to the consciousness of that thing otherwise you would not have been able to have witness it. If you are in full awareness, alert when your body finally breaths its last breath you will also witness the death of your own body. Consciousness does not die nor is it born, it does not come from somewhere nor does it go anywhere. Birth and death and all things that appear and disappear only exists IN THE CONSCIOUSNESS!! If you are still clinging to the idea of a separate God at the time of death then you will see him and disappear for a while. You are only dreaming and unless you awake from this dream state it will continue.
I don't drink that much water to be deluded
as God said to stay thirsty lol
You ~ however ~ r fat.
Excess maskes the truth.
The creator didn't come from the
nothing ~ he used the nothing to create.
If you could spin a good web you might
be able to feed yourself lol
Although I was told to stay hungry as well.
See you in your dreams ;)
You want to talk?
You know where I am. :lol: