Arguing against religion

General discussion on the subject of religion, losing religion, and having no religion to lose...
Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Azania » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:22 pm

Angel wrote:The moon isn't in the body of water yet
it is strongly influenced by the moon.
Deny the moon mooves water. hehe
Everything influences everything else. Consciousness is one. For a blade of grass to move in the wind the whole universe must come into play.
Last edited by Azania on Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Poodle
True Skeptic
Posts: 10782
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Poodle » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:28 pm

Well, well ...

Those who disagree with you are pedants and the unintelligent ...
Language has nothing to do with reality ...

You are really reminding me of someone else now, Azania. I'll remember ... he had problems with English, just like you. It'll come to me soon, no doubt in a shake of a lamb's tail.

User avatar
Poodle
True Skeptic
Posts: 10782
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Poodle » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:29 pm

Azania wrote:... For a blade of grass to move in the wind the whole universe must come into play.
:shock:

:?:

:lol:

User avatar
Lausten
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3908
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:33 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Lausten » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:32 pm

Azania wrote:
Lausten wrote:
Azania wrote:Quantum physics and the brain are all abstract ideas, they are in the realms of the material. they have nothing to do with the reality which of course can only be immaterial. Can you give me a sample of that which makes you sound so mediocre?
It's always at the most critical points where you fail. When you say "reality is...", then fall off a cliff saying, "of course", as if it should be obvious to everyone, that it's "immaterial".

I can't respond to that question above because it barely qualifies as English. Wanna try rephrasing?
Well if the forum allowed I would draw you a picture, such methods are always useful when dealing pedants and the unintelligent. You people me make laugh, you think reality can be had in varying degrees or qualities. What has the English language got to do with reality? Language is created by the mind for the mind. When you were a child of two what did you understand about the English language and its formula ? You simply repeated what you were taught. As of yet you have not responded appropriately, you have simply reacted to an impact. There is nothing intelligent about reflects it is a programmed response.
How is this conversation interesting to you? It seems you believe you are so high above us we can't understand anything you are saying. So you don't even try to explain. You know web pages are free, or Google docs, or you can scan and attach an image here? Or is that asking you to interact with reality too much?
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Azania » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:39 pm

Lausten wrote:
Azania wrote:
Poodle wrote: I am whatever it is you say I am. The image that you have of me in you mind has nothing to do with me. Whatever you see you see in your mind.
I think Poodle would agree with you, at least partially. Individually, we only have our senses, so your statement is almost a tautology. However, assuming there is a real world, and you are in it, you have some influence on some of the things I perceive.
As I've said before what I'm telling you may be routine but for those that are receptive theirs will be the understanding. As for your assumption of the real world who and what is there to be influenced? You are dragging reality down to the level of your mind which is unthinkable. Thoughts and feelings only exist in your mind not in reality.

User avatar
Poodle
True Skeptic
Posts: 10782
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Poodle » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:42 pm

Then who, Azania, might you think you are talking to? And why?

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Azania » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:47 pm

Lausten wrote:
Azania wrote:
Lausten wrote:
Azania wrote:Quantum physics and the brain are all abstract ideas, they are in the realms of the material. they have nothing to do with the reality which of course can only be immaterial. Can you give me a sample of that which makes you sound so mediocre?
It's always at the most critical points where you fail. When you say "reality is...", then fall off a cliff saying, "of course", as if it should be obvious to everyone, that it's "immaterial".

I can't respond to that question above because it barely qualifies as English. Wanna try rephrasing?
Well if the forum allowed I would draw you a picture, such methods are always useful when dealing pedants and the unintelligent. You people me make laugh, you think reality can be had in varying degrees or qualities. What has the English language got to do with reality? Language is created by the mind for the mind. When you were a child of two what did you understand about the English language and its formula ? You simply repeated what you were taught. As of yet you have not responded appropriately, you have simply reacted to an impact. There is nothing intelligent about reflects it is a programmed response.
How is this conversation interesting to you? It seems you believe you are so high above us we can't understand anything you are saying. So you don't even try to explain. You know web pages are free, or Google docs, or you can scan and attach an image here? Or is that asking you to interact with reality too much?
I am doing nothing else but explaining. But the problem is you want me to use words where words do not apply. That being the difficulty whatever I say will not be acceptable to you because it does not sit with the common theme of ignorance. There is no difference between me and you, you too could know what I know but you do not apply yourself to yourself. Instead your focus is on people and things. This is all very well and good if you want something from the world. But if you want to know the real you must be real, it is as simple as that.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:34 am

Azania wrote:I am doing nothing else but explaining.
No you are not. I pointed out clear holes in you earlier arguments and you simply ignored them and continued posting your mindless fuzzy philosophy.
Azania wrote:But the problem is you want me to use words where words do not apply.
You chose to post on a science based forum. Therefore you must use proper scientific descriptions if you want anyone to read your posts. You came here. We didn't go to you.

Azania wrote:There is no difference between me and you,
We are educated and clear in our posts. You are not. You are posting your fuzzy propaganda here, as though it is important. We don't care. :lol:

User avatar
Lausten
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3908
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:33 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Lausten » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:56 am

Azania wrote: I am doing nothing else but explaining. But the problem is you want me to use words where words do not apply. That being the difficulty whatever I say will not be acceptable to you because it does not sit with the common theme of ignorance. There is no difference between me and you, you too could know what I know but you do not apply yourself to yourself. Instead your focus is on people and things. This is all very well and good if you want something from the world. But if you want to know the real you must be real, it is as simple as that.
Oh, you are good. Please, tell where your commune in the mountains is so I can give you all my money.
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

User avatar
Poodle
True Skeptic
Posts: 10782
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Poodle » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:24 am

Azania wrote:... the problem is you want me to use (insert from options) where (insert from options) do(es) not apply.
Options list (short form) ... WORDS. LOGIC. TRUTH. FACTS. REALITY.

Options list (long form) ... Refer to OED.

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Azania » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:24 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Azania wrote:I am doing nothing else but explaining.
No you are not. I pointed out clear holes in you earlier arguments and you simply ignored them and continued posting your mindless fuzzy philosophy.
Azania wrote:But the problem is you want me to use words where words do not apply.
You chose to post on a science based forum. Therefore you must use proper scientific descriptions if you want anyone to read your posts. You came here. We didn't go to you.

Azania wrote:There is no difference between me and you,
We are educated and clear in our posts. You are not. You are posting your fuzzy propaganda here, as though it is important. We don't care. :lol:
Lol!! Maybe you should patch them up then. But first you must start with yourself. You will then see that it was your own inability to see clearly because of the holes in your own net of confusion. Whatever I post here whether scientific or non scientific you will not be in a position to do anything else but read, BECAUSE you have been educated. It is a favourite pass time of the educated to sport their little trinkets of information gleaned from their primary years. Education is nothing but a set of parameters based on rules and regulation governed by contradiction. Life is free from such limitations and restrictions. Controversy and truth offends and excites the educated. Anything new outside of their puniverse spells danger and they are overcome by the baser instinct of fear.
Nothing here is that important that it should warrants your time and energy, but you are compelled. You say you don't care but you are bound by your own natural urge for ignorant confrontation to reply, watch this space.

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Azania » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:39 am

Poodle wrote:
Azania wrote:... the problem is you want me to use (insert from options) where (insert from options) do(es) not apply.
Options list (short form) ... WORDS. LOGIC. TRUTH. FACTS. REALITY.

Options list (long form) ... Refer to OED.
Lol!! You can have them all, they are there for the taking only you must not be too slow on the uptake. They are only on offer moments at a time.

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Azania » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:42 am

Lausten wrote:
Azania wrote: I am doing nothing else but explaining. But the problem is you want me to use words where words do not apply. That being the difficulty whatever I say will not be acceptable to you because it does not sit with the common theme of ignorance. There is no difference between me and you, you too could know what I know but you do not apply yourself to yourself. Instead your focus is on people and things. This is all very well and good if you want something from the world. But if you want to know the real you must be real, it is as simple as that.
Oh, you are good. Please, tell where your commune in the mountains is so I can give you all my money.
You are even better! You see things that are not even there and you are willing to give what you haven't got.

User avatar
Poodle
True Skeptic
Posts: 10782
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Poodle » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:15 am

Azania wrote:
Poodle wrote:
Azania wrote:... the problem is you want me to use (insert from options) where (insert from options) do(es) not apply.
Options list (short form) ... WORDS. LOGIC. TRUTH. FACTS. REALITY.

Options list (long form) ... Refer to OED.
Lol!! You can have them all, they are there for the taking only you must not be too slow on the uptake. They are only on offer moments at a time.
Lol!!!! What a clever little jape. So that's all you have? An idiotic, semantically empty piece of garbage? YOUR logic and YOUR words and YOUR truth are nebulous, I agree, but that doesn't apply to the rest of the universe which carries on operating as it does despite nodding donkeys such as you claiming wisdom in areas they obviously fail to understand.

Why are you so frightened? Of what are you so frightened?

User avatar
Lausten
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3908
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:33 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Lausten » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:58 pm

Azania wrote: Nothing here is that important that it should warrants your time and energy, but you are compelled. You say you don't care but you are bound by your own natural urge for ignorant confrontation to reply, watch this space.
My motivations for spending time with you are beyond your comprehension. While doing that this week I developed a query to help social workers keep track of the children they are helping. I also watched a lot of a very historic convention, a different kind of time wasting, but never mind, also beyond your puny mind that thinks it is linked in to the entire universe, that thinks it is the universe. I should have a floor tiled this weekend too, but I'll pop in and let you know how wrong you are a couple times, don't worry. You can add getting laid a few times in there too, something I doubt happens much in your consciousness. You've written 2 pages of pick up lines for 15 year old girls at a Radiohead concert, but they don't work on anyone else.

Use that OED to look up education. Then come back and explain how one who learns is also afraid of new things.
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 27395
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Location: sometimes

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by scrmbldggs » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:47 pm

Poodle wrote:Then who, Azania Shaka, might you think you are talking to? And why?
ftfy :mrgreen:


ETA: Ha, scrolling up, I see you already knew that O Wise One. :-P
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 27395
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Location: sometimes

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by scrmbldggs » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:04 pm

I have to say this troll really must have nothing going to be returning back to his own vomit time and time again.

Yes, troll. Others that found their way here, on purpose or accidentally, might have been unhappy with that or the way their discussions went but quickly left off and went away when they figured it out. Even placid, who liked a good insulting, eventually saw the light and left.

And if there actually is any conviction in all that is and has been spewed, one has to assume that not even those of like minds will have much to do with him. Why else would they appear here time and time again?
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Posts: 11964
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by OlegTheBatty » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:04 pm

Azania wrote:you want me to use words where words do not apply.
If words do not apply, then don't use words. Use what works - diagrams, mathematics, hieroglyphics, pictograms, cave paintings . . .
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

.......................Doesn't matter how often I'm proved wrong.................... ~ bobbo the pragmatist

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:55 am

Azania wrote: Lol!! Maybe you should patch them up then.
I can't patch up your poor logic and silly claims.
Azania wrote:But first you must start with yourself.
No. I'm already fully functional. It is you who has been compelled to come to our science forum seeking answers from more educated people than yourself, remember? You came here. We didn't go to you.
Azania wrote:Whatever I post here whether scientific or non scientific you will not be in a position to do anything else but read, BECAUSE you have been educated.
....and you never fully learned to read? :lol: That explains your confused posts and inability to use simple already existing words.
Azania wrote:Nothing here is that important that it should warrants your time and energy, but you are compelled.
You have been compelled to come to us. We were already here. It is you who seeks enlightenment from educated skeptics, otherwise why are you here? :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:05 am

scrmbldggs wrote:I have to say this troll really must have nothing going to be returning back to his own vomit time and time again.
I don't get it. I assume its loneliness and the need to have someone pay him attention. He knows we all agree he is posting hippy garbage and simply make jokes about him for a quick laugh.

I don't know if it is Shaka, Placid, Clarifyit4me or one of his many clones and sockpuppets. It doesn't matter. If these people really existed they would be talking to each other, rather than bothering uninterested skeptics on a science forum. :lol:

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Azania » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:46 am

Poodle wrote:
Azania wrote:
Poodle wrote:
Azania wrote:... the problem is you want me to use (insert from options) where (insert from options) do(es) not apply.
Options list (short form) ... WORDS. LOGIC. TRUTH. FACTS. REALITY.

Options list (long form) ... Refer to OED.
Lol!! You can have them all, they are there for the taking only you must not be too slow on the uptake. They are only on offer moments at a time.
Lol!!!! What a clever little jape. So that's all you have? An idiotic, semantically empty piece of garbage? YOUR logic and YOUR words and YOUR truth are nebulous, I agree, but that doesn't apply to the rest of the universe which carries on operating as it does despite nodding donkeys such as you claiming wisdom in areas they obviously fail to understand.

Why are you so frightened? Of what are you so frightened?
Lol!! Lol!! I am afraid because I'm afraid that this is all I have for you. Im afraid you are not worthy of anything else. Lol!! But let us put our differences aside for a moment. You say the universe carries on operating, which universe? Consciousness and the mental process carries on, your dream world does not. You speak of your own personal universe as if it is shared by everyone. Of course everything and everyone appears in it. Can you prove to me that it is still there in your deep sleep? I doubt very much you can. In your sleep you are not even conscious of you own body let alone the universe that it projects. Consciousness carries on in its purity, it is mirrored in your mind as a mental process which is based on your perception of a world of your own making. (Go and check out some of your neurological facts) In your frustration you cannot see the obvious because you have not understood the basic fundamental fact. All is happening by itself and whatever happens happens to you not by you - you are conscious of your mind but it seems you are never aware that you are conscious.

It is you that

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Azania » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:52 am

Lausten wrote:
Azania wrote: Nothing here is that important that it should warrants your time and energy, but you are compelled. You say you don't care but you are bound by your own natural urge for ignorant confrontation to reply, watch this space.
My motivations for spending time with you are beyond your comprehension. While doing that this week I developed a query to help social workers keep track of the children they are helping. I also watched a lot of a very historic convention, a different kind of time wasting, but never mind, also beyond your puny mind that thinks it is linked in to the entire universe, that thinks it is the universe. I should have a floor tiled this weekend too, but I'll pop in and let you know how wrong you are a couple times, don't worry. You can add getting laid a few times in there too, something I doubt happens much in your consciousness. You've written 2 pages of pick up lines for 15 year old girls at a Radiohead concert, but they don't work on anyone else.

Use that OED to look up education. Then come back and explain how one who learns is also afraid of new things.
Like I said to your buddy you are conscious of all the things that happen in your mind but you are not aware that you are conscious. You might want to sit down and examine the ramifications of that statement if it is not too much trouble.

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Azania » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:05 am

scrmbldggs wrote:I have to say this troll really must have nothing going to be returning back to his own vomit time and time again.

Yes, troll. Others that found their way here, on purpose or accidentally, might have been unhappy with that or the way their discussions went but quickly left off and went away when they figured it out. Even placid, who liked a good insulting, eventually saw the light and left.

And if there actually is any conviction in all that is and has been spewed, one has to assume that not even those of like minds will have much to do with him. Why else would they appear here time and time again?

What on earth are you talking about? I can only assume you have been here too long - way too long. Perhaps you should go take your dog for a walk and clear your head... Actually you might want to turn that into a vacation, you could be there far a while.

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Azania » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:15 am

OlegTheBatty wrote:
Azania wrote:you want me to use words where words do not apply.
If words do not apply, then don't use words. Use what works - diagrams, mathematics, hieroglyphics, pictograms, cave paintings . . .
How to describe the reality using dreamland language and communications?
There is no problem using words to signal or point in the direction of. But to try and describe the reality using words is merely an exercise in futility, it would make much more sense to use your finger.

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Azania » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:30 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Azania wrote: Lol!! Maybe you should patch them up then.
I can't patch up your poor logic and silly claims.
Azania wrote:But first you must start with yourself.
No. I'm already fully functional. It is you who has been compelled to come to our science forum seeking answers from more educated people than yourself, remember? You came here. We didn't go to you.
Azania wrote:Whatever I post here whether scientific or non scientific you will not be in a position to do anything else but read, BECAUSE you have been educated.
....and you never fully learned to read? :lol: That explains your confused posts and inability to use simple already existing words.
Azania wrote:Nothing here is that important that it should warrants your time and energy, but you are compelled.
You have been compelled to come to us. We were already here. It is you who seeks enlightenment from educated skeptics, otherwise why are you here? :lol:
Nothing compels. Consciousness need not come or go anywhere, it is already here and now everywhere for all time and beyond. There is nowhere else for it to go. On the other hand you and your puny little idea that you have of yourself must run around all over the place in your tiny little mind just to prove yourself. Of course it is all in vein. Like I said, you can't help yourself. Lol!!! Lol!! Lol!!! Next! Lol!! Lol!!!

User avatar
Poodle
True Skeptic
Posts: 10782
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Poodle » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:43 am

Lol!!!, triple Lol!!! and a complete Wow!!!

Four (EDIT: five now) consecutive Zany posts and not a speck of information. I think the technique of 'BS by opposites' (awareness is not being aware, man - cool) began in the late 1960s, but the human race has grown out of it since then. Language is a means of communication, as opposed to the garbled pile of verbal diarrhea you constantly produce, Zane the Pain.

In your entire posting history which, I admit, is very short in your present incarnation, you have said precisely nothing. Information content equals big fat zero. I realise that this is because you actually have nothing to say but, apparently, this realisation has not dawned upon you yet. Even so, the nothing you have regurgitated here is not original - it has been dumped here many times before, often in words remarkably reminiscent of yours (well, no big surprise there, is there?).

Say something concrete. Go on - I dare you. It won't hurt. It may even start you off on the path to human communication.

ADDED: All in vein???? Lollollollollollollollollollalot!!!

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 27395
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Location: sometimes

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:40 pm

Slip of the bore? :lol:
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Lausten
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3908
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:33 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Lausten » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:30 pm

Azania wrote:
OlegTheBatty wrote:
Azania wrote:you want me to use words where words do not apply.
If words do not apply, then don't use words. Use what works - diagrams, mathematics, hieroglyphics, pictograms, cave paintings . . .
How to describe the reality using dreamland language and communications?
There is no problem using words to signal or point in the direction of. But to try and describe the reality using words is merely an exercise in futility, it would make much more sense to use your finger.
Or perhaps your thumb.
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1641
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Angel » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:20 pm

Azania wrote:
Angel wrote:The moon isn't in the body of water yet
it is strongly influenced by the moon.
Deny the moon mooves water. hehe
Everything influences everything else. Consciousness is one. For a blade of grass to move in the wind the whole universe must come into play.
Only if it is one.
Not all r one.
So many r empty shells
shooting blanks for sport ?

Not all Christians r of the
line of Abraham as it is a BLOOD line.
Scientists would have to test the blood of
every person. In order to know.

If u r one with everything then u can
compell things. As u would be the one
breathing life into it.

Pa~ u can't get me to say who I am cause
I don't know who I am hahahahaha
You want to talk?
You know where I am. :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:11 am

Azania wrote:Nothing compels.
Why are you compelled to post on our science forum? :lol:

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Azania » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:00 am

Poodle wrote:Lol!!!, triple Lol!!! and a complete Wow!!!

Four (EDIT: five now) consecutive Zany posts and not a speck of information. I think the technique of 'BS by opposites' (awareness is not being aware, man - cool) began in the late 1960s, but the human race has grown out of it since then. Language is a means of communication, as opposed to the garbled pile of verbal diarrhea you constantly produce, Zane the Pain.

In your entire posting history which, I admit, is very short in your present incarnation, you have said precisely nothing. Information content equals big fat zero. I realise that this is because you actually have nothing to say but, apparently, this realisation has not dawned upon you yet. Even so, the nothing you have regurgitated here is not original - it has been dumped here many times before, often in words remarkably reminiscent of yours (well, no big surprise there, is there?).

Say something concrete. Go on - I dare you. It won't hurt. It may even start you off on the path to human communication.

ADDED: All in vein???? Lollollollollollollollollollalot!!!
Lol!! Funny enough what is concrete in the real sense of the word cannot be exppressed on the level of contradictory information, really! I already know the concrete but you seem to think it is some sort of tangible object. Nothing that appears and then disappears can be real. However, I can inform you to the point where you become aware. Whether you take your awarenes beyond its reflection is down to you. What is real is formless yet it is more solid than diamonds, It is counter intuitive but such is its nature, it can only be experienced. Can you know of any experience other than your own? You may know about others experiences but do you know that there is a difference between knowing about something and knowing something in reality? the latter is based on experience the aforementioned on information. Information is cheap it is so cheap that you can even find it in your rear end. That sort of s@!t can only be based on your opinions and that of the others. Let us not loose ourselves in extraneous detail, there's no worthy cause for it. You will have a better chance of knowing and understanding what is being expounded if you were to deal with the fact of the matter Next!! Lol!!! Lol!!

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Azania » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:15 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Azania wrote:Nothing compels.
Why are you compelled to post on our science forum? :lol:
Ive already told you, it all happens by itself . In my world there is nobody to do anything because nothing is being done, so who is compelled and by what? In your world you dream of such nonsense. Going and coming, acting and reacting happens in your dream world so it is for you to tell me the reason for your compulsion to come here.

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Azania » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:26 am

Angel wrote:
Azania wrote:
Angel wrote:The moon isn't in the body of water yet
it is strongly influenced by the moon.
Deny the moon mooves water. hehe
Everything influences everything else. Consciousness is one. For a blade of grass to move in the wind the whole universe must come into play.
Only if it is one.
Not all r one.
So many r empty shells
shooting blanks for sport ?

Not all Christians r of the
line of Abraham as it is a BLOOD line.
Scientists would have to test the blood of
every person. In order to know.

If u r one with everything then u can
compell things. As u would be the one
breathing life into it.

Pa~ u can't get me to say who I am cause
I don't know who I am hahahahaha
It is one anyhow. Regardless of how the part functions it is governed by the whole. The part cannot be greater than the whole. Although the total functioning of the whole is seen in the part. Just as in a hologram, the entire picture is seen in the smallest part.

User avatar
Poodle
True Skeptic
Posts: 10782
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Poodle » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:26 am

Azania wrote:... In my world there is nobody to do anything because nothing is being done ...
This is the first time in all of Azania's posts that I can actually agree wholeheartedly. All I can do is be thankful that Azania's world is surrounded by an impenetrable skull. Nothing's getting out of there. Certainly, nothing ever got in.

User avatar
Lausten
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3908
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:33 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Lausten » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:18 am

Azania wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
Azania wrote:Nothing compels.
Why are you compelled to post on our science forum? :lol:
Ive already told you, it all happens by itself . In my world there is nobody to do anything because nothing is being done, so who is compelled and by what? In your world you dream of such nonsense. Going and coming, acting and reacting happens in your dream world so it is for you to tell me the reason for your compulsion to come here.
No, you are
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 18945
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:58 pm

Lausten: what do you think? I was going to say Azania was demonstrating an extreme case of word salad but I wasn't quite sure, so I looked it up:

word sal·ad
noun
noun: word salad

a confused or unintelligible mixture of seemingly random words and phrases, specifically (in psychiatry) as a form of speech indicative of advanced schizophrenia.

I still have my doubt. Azania's posts seem intentionally meaningless and therefor intelligible as meant to be mindless babble. Seems to me word salad should be just a bit more disorganized.

Am I being too literal?
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Poodle
True Skeptic
Posts: 10782
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Poodle » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:39 pm

Just a bit, bobbo. Word salad IS one of the symptoms of schizophrenia but it also occurs outside the field of psychiatry. It always follows a certain kind of logic, though. In the case of the schizophrenic, the logic is what the broken mind has come up with as rules for today. In Azania's case, the logic is that of the wannabee wise guru. It's always easy to spot. One of its main tricks is the liberal use of juxtaposed opposites - " reality is unreal, man", "strangely strange but oddly normal" (I pinched that one from some early 70s band), "what is real is formless yet it is more solid than diamonds", that kind of stuff. Meaningless guff rather than word salad, I suppose.

You'll also notice an absolute absence of anything testable. Nothing holdable, nothing explicable. Just blatant insistence on a warped view of reality on, of all places, a skeptic forum. By Azania's logic, this forum doesn't exist, yet here he/she is, desperately dumping real {!#%@} into real posts. I mean, hypocritical doesn't really do Azania any justice.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 18945
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:52 pm

Thanks Poodle. You did not clear anything up, but the emotional support is gratifying. :-)

I don't like being "too" literal, so with your input....xxxxoops...I was just going to agree, but my fingers, MY FINGERS won't let me.....OH God: here they go again::::::>>>No. Its not World Salad. Its word something else. I think you have captured what it is: "juxtaposed opposites." We just need a snappier moniker......................................................Sweet and Sour Salad? No. Shitty Word Salad?? I like that, but to scatological.

I thought about posting this issue to the "Word" thread...but thought it was valuable here as well.

Vacuous Kneejerk Word Associations (Salad?).............Hmmmm......... maybe a threshold discussion would be if either Word or Salad needs to be kept????

Anyway....I actually posted, to start with, a quibble: That indeed Azania is "here" on this forum but.........he is being roundly REJECTED on this forum. ...................... Just don't want to give too much emphasis to what being "here" might mean? Maybe the croutons in my own salad?

EDIT: actually you did clear things up. Damn blogging. It does make (me) us a tad bit negative over our natural sunny selves? Although...I do note yourself and TJ and a few others as able to rise above it all..................... a special (nice) form of schizophrenia perhaps???
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Lausten
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3908
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:33 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Lausten » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:36 pm

Poodle wrote: You'll also notice an absolute absence of anything testable. Nothing holdable, nothing explicable. Just blatant insistence on a warped view of reality on, of all places, a skeptic forum. By Azania's logic, this forum doesn't exist, yet here he/she is, desperately dumping real {!#%@} into real posts. I mean, hypocritical doesn't really do Azania any justice.
Testable? What test would you put such profound knowledge to? It is beyond your puny tests. You can't hold it, you can't explain it. The real is just the one. Of course it seems warped to you, because all space and time is warped, it just appears solid from where you are. But that's just the nose on your face, it's not the real reality that is really reeling all around you all the time.

Wow, too easy.
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1641
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: Arguing against religion

Post by Angel » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:22 pm

Azania wrote:
Angel wrote:
Azania wrote:
Angel wrote:The moon isn't in the body of water yet
it is strongly influenced by the moon.
Deny the moon mooves water. hehe
Everything influences everything else. Consciousness is one. For a blade of grass to move in the wind the whole universe must come into play.
Only if it is one.
Not all r one.
So many r empty shells
shooting blanks for sport ?

Not all Christians r of the
line of Abraham as it is a BLOOD line.
Scientists would have to test the blood of
every person. In order to know.

If u r one with everything then u can
compell things. As u would be the one
breathing life into it.

Pa~ u can't get me to say who I am cause
I don't know who I am hahahahaha
It is one anyhow. Regardless of how the part functions it is governed by the whole. The part cannot be greater than the whole. Although the total functioning of the whole is seen in the part. Just as in a hologram, the entire picture is seen in the smallest part.
Not all t one.
Some r 0's.
If I am one & I make a pie
of 0's then I am not in it.
Being governed is not being.
My smile can stir things in people
yet I am not in them. Unless they
call me to be in them.
We r bits yet because things have
evolved ~ losing bits ~ gaining bits~
changing~ we r not all the same bits or
blood lines.
I am not
intrusive. I am freeing.
We are not all one big hologram lol
You want to talk?
You know where I am. :lol: