Trump Right on Catholic Church

General discussion on the subject of religion, losing religion, and having no religion to lose...
bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Trump Right on Catholic Church

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:10 pm

So, a quick youtube to back up what Bannon said a few years ago and is putting into practice now with his "anti-Pope" critique. It was on Morning Joe this morning and the fun part was seeing the roundtable of Catholics poo poo it.

The truth. A hard pill for people to swallow. Those in leadership being a cloistered group raised on lies, none more so than the Pope.

Ha, ha: 'The TRUTH.....you can't handle the Truth."

yea verily.

Bannon on the Pope: "“He’s the administrator of the church, and he’s also a politician,” said Bannon, a former adviser to President Donald Trump. “This is the problem. … He’s constantly putting all the faults in the world on the populist nationalist movement.” https://www.patheos.com/blogs/deaconsbe ... e-francis/

Issue by issue over the centuries (Celibacy, no women) or in more recent times (Pedophilia)....its easy to argue the Church/Religion does as much harm as good. And one point: the impulse to care for our fellow man is easily seperable from religion. Why not have the good without getting all caught up in the bad? BIG LIE No 14: The Church is the source for all morality. Thats how they roll.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Wordbird
Poster

Re: Trump Right on Catholic Church

Post by Wordbird » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:53 am

This is exactly why people so distrust organised religion.

If they would just stop going to church (particularly with their great big mouths agape, ready to be spoonfed whatever BS benefits their church's politicians the most), they could keep their gods and I'd be happy to live alongside them.

I don't think anyone who believes in their own god is dangerous.

People who believe in other peoples' gods are a serious threat to everything and everyone around them.

By this I simply mean that everyone who believes in god has his own unique god. His concept of god is not going to be like anyone else's.

If he believes in his own god, he's merely irrational.

When he starts letting other people overwrite his god, he's a brainwashed menace.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: After being pimped comes-----

Re: Trump Right on Catholic Church

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:13 am

My own worthwhile definition of belief in God: that relationship a person has with his own god..................if any (I had to add that)

My own worthwhile definition of religion: politics or fraud based on the context.

Politics: telling others of your own belief and urging for them to adopt it.

Fraud: taking advantage of true believers who want to get into politics.

Its an unending branching tree of pragmatic application.
Real Name: bobbo the contrarian existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?