My composing dream

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Omniverse
Poster

My composing dream

Post by Omniverse » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:28 pm

Here are links that explain everything about my composing dream and these tunes in my head that I think are great. Other people don't realize their power and greatness yet and I talk much about this. These 2 links are links to the same, long, opening post that explain it all (just in case one link doesn't work for you):

https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/ ... ess.63693/

https://board.sonicstadium.org/topic/24 ... greatness/
Last edited by Omniverse on Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:45 pm, edited 66 times in total.

Poodle
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Re: My composing dream

Post by Poodle » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:10 pm

Jesus wept!

Omniverse
Poster

Post by Omniverse » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:13 pm

Poodle wrote:Jesus wept!
What do you mean?
Last edited by Omniverse on Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:46 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Poodle
True Skeptic

Post by Poodle » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:23 pm

Oh - I suppose I'd better answer ...
You see, Omnifraud, people who compose music that other people may want to listen to don't write whopping great treatises about what they are going to do. They simply get on with it. However, having heard bits and bobs of your previous attempts, I'd strongly advise you to take up gardening.

Omniverse
Poster

Post by Omniverse » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:36 pm

Poodle wrote:Oh - I suppose I'd better answer ...
You see, Omnifraud, people who compose music that other people may want to listen to don't write whopping great treatises about what they are going to do. They simply get on with it. However, having heard bits and bobs of your previous attempts, I'd strongly advise you to take up gardening.
First of all, I'm not trying to fraud anybody. I give all the reasons why I think these tunes I hear in my mind really are great and catchy. Second, I haven't been feeling up to composing yet due to my miserable, unhappy struggles. Therefore, I have instead chosen to write about my composing dream in the meantime until I feel up to learning how to compose. Lastly, my tunes might very well sound awful and that is to be expected at this point.

Even though I've gotten the right notes and rests to these amazing, catchy tunes I hear in my mind, that's not enough in order for music to sound good. So, all you're listening to is the notes and rests to these tunes. But something more is needed to successfully convey the greatness and catchy quality of these tunes and I don't know what that is yet. I have to learn it.

TJrandom
True Skeptic

Post by TJrandom » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:09 pm

On that gardening - please do it in a blacked out greenhouse... you know, so that your particular fungus doesn`t see the light of day.

Poodle
True Skeptic

Post by Poodle » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:53 pm

Omniverse wrote:... Even though I've gotten the right notes and rests ...
,,, but not, necessarily, in the right order ...

Omniverse
Poster

Post by Omniverse » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:05 pm

Poodle wrote:
Omniverse wrote:... Even though I've gotten the right notes and rests ...
,,, but not, necessarily, in the right order ...
If you're implying that the notes and rests of my tunes seem randomly placed, then it's not about that. All that's needed to create a great, catchy tune that conveys any scene or character in your mind is the right notes and rests. For example, if you were to look at the music sheet of some catchy, amazing tunes, the notes and rests might appear random like how I've placed my notes and rests. So, all that's needed to create great, catchy tunes in your mind is inspiration alone. From there, you would have to learn about composing in order to successfully convey said tunes.
Last edited by Omniverse on Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cadmusteeth
Frequent Poster

Post by Cadmusteeth » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:15 am

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:38 am

Omniverse wrote: I give all the reasons why I think these tunes I hear in my mind really are great and catchy.

Real music composers don't think of one melody. They orchestrate and score all the other instruments, and their melodies, as well.

You didn't know that as you have no musical talent and never took a music lesson.

You are simply trolling the forum.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Matt MSV troll thread 6302#

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:44 am

Omniverse wrote: For example, if you were to look at the music sheet of some catchy, amazing tunes, the notes and rests might appear random .......
If you look at sheet music you can sight the key the melody is to be played in.

You didn't know that as you have no music talent and can't read sheet music. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Music Keys.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Post by Gord » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:54 am

I'm sorry, Omniverse, but if you have any gifts at all they are not in music.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Omniverse
Poster

Post by Omniverse » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:45 pm

Gord wrote:I'm sorry, Omniverse, but if you have any gifts at all they are not in music.
People are claiming that I have no musical gift that I have yet to convey to the world. But how do they know this? How do they know that the real tunes I'm hearing in my mind aren't good and catchy? Again, I've gotten the right notes and rests to these tunes down and am sharing them. But that's not enough to make music sound good for the listener. So, that's why other people shouldn't be jumping to the conclusion that I'm not creating any great, catchy tunes in my head and that I should just give up composing.

Poodle
True Skeptic

Post by Poodle » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:21 pm

That's not jumping to conclusions. We've heard you.

Omniverse
Poster

Post by Omniverse » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:49 pm

Poodle wrote:That's not jumping to conclusions. We've heard you.
You said my notes were randomly placed. I don't think they are because they do adhere to a key (although, I haven't specified that key signature on the music sheets of my tunes). What's interesting is that the notes of these tunes I'm hearing in my mind do adhere to a key signature and aren't just randomly placed notes. In other words, I can create actual music through instinct alone without even thinking of what notes and rests I should use. Again, I channel emotion and that emotion results in the creation of actual music. But I'm just sharing tunes at this point and not full themes or songs.

Poodle
True Skeptic

Post by Poodle » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:18 pm

I said no such thing!
Look - if you want to make music, just do it rather than making a mountain out of a molehill. Lots of people do it without all of the agonising. You could even publish it, but I wouldn't recommend you doing that here as the nasty people here (like me) will take the piss out of it.

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Monster » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:04 pm

Omniverse wrote:
My Mental Musical Gift That Has Yet To Be Recognized
Good luck to you. It takes a lifetime to be a good composer or musician. In other words, it's a neverending process of discovery, work, effort, and creativity. Like any art, really. Do you use any composition software? I used Notation Composer for doing my composing work, many years ago.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:23 pm

Omniverse wrote:
Gord wrote:I'm sorry, Omniverse, but if you have any gifts at all they are not in music.
People are claiming that I have no musical gift that I have yet to convey to the world. But how do they know this?
We've seen your videos. Your "gift" is a self-delusion at best.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Poodle
True Skeptic

Post by Poodle » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:29 pm

Monster wrote:
Omniverse wrote:
Good luck to you. It takes a lifetime to be a good composer or musician. In other words, it's a neverending process of discovery, work, effort, and creativity. Like any art, really. Do you use any composition software? I used Notation Composer for doing my composing work, many years ago.
Or even MuseScore, which has the advantage of being free. However, it still demands a skillset that I'll guarantee Omnifarce doesn't have and isn't willing to learn.

Omniverse
Poster

Post by Omniverse » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:37 pm

Monster wrote:
Omniverse wrote:
Well, I'm not expecting to be as great as genius composers such as Bach or Beethoven. I just want to create music that is catchy, memorable, and conveys profound and powerful emotion. For example, if you listen to any catchy song or tune in a popular video game or anime, then that is the type of music I wish to create. As for software, I use MusicScore and FL Studio.
Poodle wrote:
Monster wrote:
Omniverse wrote:
Or even MuseScore, which has the advantage of being free. However, it still demands a skillset that I'll guarantee Omnifarce doesn't have and isn't willing to learn.
I'm willing to learn what I need to learn to create good, catchy, memorable music that conveys powerful and profound emotion. I just need to fully regain my positive emotions so that I can feel up to learning how to compose. That's the reason why I'm wasting time here talking in the meantime until my positive emotions fully return back to me.

Omniverse
Poster

Post by Omniverse » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:54 pm

Gord wrote:
Omniverse wrote:
People are claiming that I have no musical gift that I have yet to convey to the world. But how do they know this?
As for self-delusion, all I have is the notes and rests to my tunes being shared which isn't enough to say for sure if these tunes I have in my head really are good and catchy or not. Once I fully convey my tunes, then we can say for sure if they are as great as I say they are or not. But the notes of my tunes do adhere to keys (although, I haven't specified the key signature of these tunes).

Poodle
True Skeptic

Post by Poodle » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:59 pm

Catchy. You keep using that word.

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Monster » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:44 pm

Omniverse wrote:
Poodle wrote:
Monster wrote:
Omniverse wrote:
I'm willing to learn what I need to learn to create good, catchy, memorable music that conveys powerful and profound emotion. I just need to fully regain my positive emotions so that I can feel up to learning how to compose. That's the reason why I'm wasting time here talking in the meantime until my positive emotions fully return back to me.
A lot of the people on this site are extremely cruel to some users. You believe that the posters on this site will help you in regaining your positive emotions? I don't understand that. Well, if it works for you, then great.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

Omniverse
Poster

Post by Omniverse » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:46 pm

*post deleted*
Last edited by Omniverse on Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TJrandom
True Skeptic

Post by TJrandom » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:02 pm

Poodle wrote:Catchy. You keep using that word.
He has caught us here - responding to rather un-catchy posts. ;)

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Tom Palven » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:06 am

Poodle wrote: You keep using that word.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=yo ... ORM=VDQVAP
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:45 pm

Omniverse wrote:
Gord wrote:
Omniverse wrote:
As for self-delusion, all I have is the notes and rests to my tunes being shared which isn't enough to say for sure if these tunes I have in my head really are good and catchy or not.
Yes it is. They're not.
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Poodle
True Skeptic

Post by Poodle » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:29 pm

Can't say fairer than that. OK, Omniverse, it's the Conservatoire de Paris or nothing.

Omniverse
Poster

Post by Omniverse » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:43 pm

Gord wrote:
Omniverse wrote:
Gord wrote:
Omniverse wrote:
As for self-delusion, all I have is the notes and rests to my tunes being shared which isn't enough to say for sure if these tunes I have in my head really are good and catchy or not.
Yes it is. They're not.
How do you know? I mean, the notes of these tunes are in a key. Again, I haven't specified that key signature though.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:08 pm

Omniverse wrote:
Gord wrote:
Omniverse wrote:
Gord wrote:
Omniverse wrote:
Yes it is. They're not.
How do you know? I mean, the notes of these tunes are in a key. Again, I haven't specified that key signature though.
I know by listening. Your attempts at music have been horrendous, to the point that almost everyone who has heard it has concluded that you are trolling.
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Omniverse
Poster

Post by Omniverse » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:07 pm

Gord wrote:
Omniverse wrote:
Gord wrote:
Omniverse wrote:
Gord wrote:
Omniverse wrote:
Yes it is. They're not.
I know by listening. Your attempts at music have been horrendous, to the point that almost everyone who has heard it has concluded that you are trolling.
Well, I'm not trolling. I'm in the very beginning stage of trying to convey these great, catchy tunes in my head. At such a stage, yes, it will sound bad and nothing catchy. But, I'm thinking, once I do everything that is needed to convey my tunes, that they will turn out to be something great, catchy, and will convey the scenes I describe.

Poodle
True Skeptic

Post by Poodle » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:12 pm

Oh, do {!#%@} off, Omniverse. You are neither in the beginning (we had to suffer your earlier attempts), nor are you thinking. All you have to do is put your 'tunes' out there so that anyone with ears can listen. Of course, you've already done that - the result was excruciatingly bad. Even the denizens of the Zelda site thought you were a complete nutbag.
There is a tiny (very tiny) possibility that you could actually do something worthy of the term 'musical'. I don't think it will ever happen but, hey, I'm a skeptic - there remains the possibility that you could produce something earth-shattering. Prove us all wrong, eh? I await your submission with comprehensive apathy - I think you are incapable of producing even a jingle for an advertisement. Show us your work or shut up.

Omniverse
Poster

Post by Omniverse » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:54 pm

Poodle wrote:Oh, do {!#%@} off, Omniverse. You are neither in the beginning (we had to suffer your earlier attempts), nor are you thinking. All you have to do is put your 'tunes' out there so that anyone with ears can listen. Of course, you've already done that - the result was excruciatingly bad. Even the denizens of the Zelda site thought you were a complete nutbag.
There is a tiny (very tiny) possibility that you could actually do something worthy of the term 'musical'. I don't think it will ever happen but, hey, I'm a skeptic - there remains the possibility that you could produce something earth-shattering. Prove us all wrong, eh? I await your submission with comprehensive apathy - I think you are incapable of producing even a jingle for an advertisement. Show us your work or shut up.
I put those tunes up there for others to listen to just in case what I was intending to convey would be conveyed to some people. I see that's not going to happen at this stage and I would, thus, have to learn what's necessary to fully craft my tunes so that they can become those great tunes I have in my mind. But you're already drawing the conclusion that the tunes in my mind are crap tunes before I've even fully crafted them and I don't see how you can draw such a conclusion.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:54 am

Omniverse wrote: I would, thus, have to learn what's necessary to fully craft my tunes so that they can become those great tunes I have in my mind.
It's been five years of you not learning how to play or understand basic music. You are simply too lazy and have no talent to learn how to play music.

Go away and stop posting until you have completed a basic piano course.
John Thompson piano.jpg
https://www.ebay.com.au/i/152668012473?chn=ps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Poodle
True Skeptic

Post by Poodle » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:49 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:... It's been five years ...
That's how I can draw my conclusions.

Omniverse
Poster

Post by Omniverse » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:45 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Omniverse wrote: I would, thus, have to learn what's necessary to fully craft my tunes so that they can become those great tunes I have in my mind.
It's been five years of you not learning how to play or understand basic music. You are simply too lazy and have no talent to learn how to play music.

Go away and stop posting until you have completed a basic piano course.
John Thompson piano.jpg
https://www.ebay.com.au/i/152668012473?chn=ps
Poodle wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:... It's been five years ...
That's how I can draw my conclusions.
I've struggled much of my life with many miserable moments. It was a cycle I was in which is the reason why I haven't been learning how to compose for such a long time. Remember, according to my philosophy, positive emotions are the only things that make my life beautiful and worth living. I cannot stand doing my favorite hobbies without my positive emotions which is why I give up on them when I feel miserable.

However, I think I've finally broken free of that cycle. Now, it's just a matter of time waiting for me to fully recover from this recent emotional trauma I've had. I'm doing just fine now and I have to wait a little bit longer for my positive emotions to return back to me on their own.

Once they do, then I'll start learning how to compose since I would be able to have fun and enjoy the whole process. I personally don't think any conclusions as to whether my musical claims are true or not should be drawn when I haven't even gotten the chance to fully craft these tunes.

Cadmusteeth
Frequent Poster

Post by Cadmusteeth » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:25 pm

“I've struggled much of my life with many miserable moments.”
You’ve used this excuse to gain sympathy for years also Omni and no one buys it. You are full of it.

Poodle
True Skeptic

Post by Poodle » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:27 pm

But we can help ...
Doh, a deer, a female deer.
Re, a drop of golden sun ... ...

ALLLLLLLLtogether .....

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:39 pm

:singnew:
Lard, save me from your followers.

Wordbird
Poster

Post by Wordbird » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:48 am

I like Distant Future okay. There's no background instruments, but it's not too bad.