Founder, Discoverer, Scientist, Researcher and Author

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
MrIntelligentDesign
Poster
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:20 am

Re: Founder, Discoverer, Scientist, Researcher and Author

Post by MrIntelligentDesign » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:41 am

Poodle wrote:Your concern for Edgar is admirable, Scott - but misplaced, I think. Edgar has, at some point in his past, responded to a money-making scheme in which ebooks are produced by the thousand and put on the market predominantly as vehicles for advertising. Content is irrelevant. Edgar also believes that if he says UP is DOWN often enough, people will begin to believe him with no further explanation. He's simply on a get-rich quick bandwagon which has ground to the inevitable halt. As he's out of pocket, he occasionally pops up on forums such as this one to reignite interest.. Edgar's only problem is his insistent belief that this will eventually produce positive results.

If Edgar was a 'True Fruitcake', his books would be packed full of waffling assertions and wandering logic - but they're not. They all say exactly the same thing, which is a constant repetition of his basic claim with no supporting argument or evidence. Oh - he's also invented two words, which he appears to think constitutes some kind of validation of his argument.

He's quite sane - just totally naive and misguided. And he'd con his own mother to make a buck.
I am not asking you all or anybody to believe me in my new discoveries. I come here in forum like this to show that I have the best science and you have nothing. It's obvious.

I think that you had a bad education in where your teachers did not guide you to think and ask in science. For example, did you ask how many definitions of intelligence so far? And why? And what is the real and universal intelligence?

I think that if you can answer those questions, you will never need to read my science books since you will end up agreeing with me..but since you don't, therefore, you can't!

Thus, you are moron and insane...

MrIntelligentDesign
Poster
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:20 am

Re: Founder, Discoverer, Scientist, Researcher and Author

Post by MrIntelligentDesign » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:44 am

OutOfBreath wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote::lol: You've gotta hit the customer reviews at Amazon:
Almost incomprehensible, written by a semi-literate buffoon
By Jack Baxter on May 8, 2015

"Although the author tortures the English language, he unfortunately does not force it to reveal anything..."
And also a hoot are the near identical claims of peer reviews of the "original manuscript of this book", many of which say the exact same thing, ostensibly from the exact same publications.

This megalo cracks me up. :rotfl:
Slightly suspicious is that both of the books with 3 reviews had the third one being short praise and 5 stars, conveniently dragging the average stars up to 2.5...

Either that or his crazy speaks to other crazies.

Peace
Dan
I don't normally rely on reviews...I rely on experiment.

User avatar
Poodle
Has No Life
Posts: 11007
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Founder, Discoverer, Scientist, Researcher and Author

Post by Poodle » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:46 pm

Edgar ...

a) I cannot read your science books until you write them. To date, there isn't a hint of science in what you have produced.

b) Experiment? If you have performed experiments, there's no sign of them in any of your books. Did you think it was a good idea to keep your experimental records and results secret? I think not. You haven't performed any experiments at all, Edgar, least of all on evolution. For one, you haven't had time and, for another, you don't have any idea how to conduct such an experiment.

You're telling us porky pies, Edgar.

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 35125
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: prostrate spurge
Location: Transcona

Re: Edgar Postrado is a liar

Post by Gord » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:13 pm

MrIntelligentDesign wrote:
Gord wrote:
MrIntelligentDesign wrote:I said YES to myself
You said "yes" in response to my question. That's how "replying" works.

Idiot.
Yes, I replied and my reply is always YES
to the questions I didn't ask.
And moron, I've already PUT UP in all of my science books...now, it is time for you to shut UP or put up..
No, crazy person, it is time for us all to mock you.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 35125
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: prostrate spurge
Location: Transcona

Re: Founder, Discoverer, Scientist, Researcher and Author

Post by Gord » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:15 pm

MrIntelligentDesign wrote:There are many people who read my science books
Hey, do you think this guy has the same illness Drumpf has?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 35125
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: prostrate spurge
Location: Transcona

Re: Founder, Discoverer, Scientist, Researcher and Author

Post by Gord » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:17 pm

MrIntelligentDesign wrote:I come here in forum like this to show that I have the best science
You have failed so to do.

So, why do you still come here then if it isn't for the reason you just claimed? (Hint: The rest of us know why. We're just not sure you know why.)
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

MrIntelligentDesign
Poster
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:20 am

Re: Founder, Discoverer, Scientist, Researcher and Author

Post by MrIntelligentDesign » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:52 am

Poodle wrote:Edgar ...

a) I cannot read your science books until you write them. To date, there isn't a hint of science in what you have produced.

b) Experiment? If you have performed experiments, there's no sign of them in any of your books. Did you think it was a good idea to keep your experimental records and results secret? I think not. You haven't performed any experiments at all, Edgar, least of all on evolution. For one, you haven't had time and, for another, you don't have any idea how to conduct such an experiment.

You're telling us porky pies, Edgar.
LOL!!

You are making an "ARGUMENT OF DENIAL"...a typical approach to an opponent when you feel that you have no power to defeat your opponent...

MrIntelligentDesign
Poster
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:20 am

Re: Edgar Postrado is a liar

Post by MrIntelligentDesign » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:55 am

Gord wrote:
MrIntelligentDesign wrote:
Gord wrote:
MrIntelligentDesign wrote:I said YES to myself
You said "yes" in response to my question. That's how "replying" works.

Idiot.
Yes, I replied and my reply is always YES
to the questions I didn't ask.
And moron, I've already PUT UP in all of my science books...now, it is time for you to shut UP or put up..
No, crazy person, it is time for us all to mock you.
You can mock me if you want, you can even call me anything you want but one thing is sure:

YOU HAVE NO CLUE on intelligence...that is for sure..

YOU WILL surely COME to me and my discoveries, you and your future generations and relatives or you will die ignorant of the topic of intelligence...both ways I still win and I have the last victory laugh...I HOPE YOU GET IT..

I don't care...if you don't...

MrIntelligentDesign
Poster
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:20 am

Re: Founder, Discoverer, Scientist, Researcher and Author

Post by MrIntelligentDesign » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:56 am

Gord wrote:
MrIntelligentDesign wrote:I come here in forum like this to show that I have the best science
You have failed so to do.

So, why do you still come here then if it isn't for the reason you just claimed? (Hint: The rest of us know why. We're just not sure you know why.)
I am here to tell you that we have already new discoveries in science that could change your life...

User avatar
Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2448
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:56 pm
Custom Title: Deep

Re: Founder, Discoverer, Scientist, Researcher and Author

Post by Scott Mayers » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:44 am

MrIntelligentDesign wrote:I am not asking you all or anybody to believe me in my new discoveries. I come here in forum like this to show that I have the best science and you have nothing. It's obvious.
You haven't "shown" us anything to be able to measure what is or is not "best" of science. To PROVE something as "best" science, you'd at least have to demonstrate you even KNOW what the less then the best is let alone means.
I think that you had a bad education in where your teachers did not guide you to think and ask in science. For example, did you ask how many definitions of intelligence so far? And why? And what is the real and universal intelligence?
Edgar, you sound like you were some child who grew up in a cult and was taught some words that were completely different to the outside world. Cults teach their following victims a purposely contrary set of definitions of words to isolate them from the rest of the community. It's as if you were taught that "hello" means "goodbye". You use the word "intelligence" like we are discussing ones aptitude but treat it as though it means something related to include the property of a tree without distinction.
I eat without fear of certain Death from The Tree of Knowledge because with wisdom, we may one day break free from its mortal curse.

MrIntelligentDesign
Poster
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:20 am

Re: Founder, Discoverer, Scientist, Researcher and Author

Post by MrIntelligentDesign » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:53 am

Scott Mayers wrote:
MrIntelligentDesign wrote:I am not asking you all or anybody to believe me in my new discoveries. I come here in forum like this to show that I have the best science and you have nothing. It's obvious.
You haven't "shown" us anything to be able to measure what is or is not "best" of science. To PROVE something as "best" science, you'd at least have to demonstrate you even KNOW what the less then the best is let alone means.
I think that you had a bad education in where your teachers did not guide you to think and ask in science. For example, did you ask how many definitions of intelligence so far? And why? And what is the real and universal intelligence?
Edgar, you sound like you were some child who grew up in a cult and was taught some words that were completely different to the outside world. Cults teach their following victims a purposely contrary set of definitions of words to isolate them from the rest of the community. It's as if you were taught that "hello" means "goodbye". You use the word "intelligence" like we are discussing ones aptitude but treat it as though it means something related to include the property of a tree without distinction.
Please, for your owns sake, research and rediscover the topic of intelligence. There are almost 80+ definitions of this topic...why? ToE had messed this topic..

I am not asking you to read my science books, OK...I am asking you to rediscover it for yourself and use science...

Once you did it and you will surely press yourself hard for it, you will end up agreeing with me..

In my YouTube videos, I shared on them on how to rediscover the real intelligence...

DIY it and you will see...so that you could agree with me or you can go against me with science. Until now, you are babbling nothing...it is a waste of your time...


http://www.amazon.com/Edgar-Postrado/e/ ... t_ebooks_1
https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view ... gentDesign

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 14588
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND

Re: Founder, Discoverer, Scientist, Researcher and Author

Post by JO 753 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:03 am

I coud only get thru 10 minits. You need to make your explanationz consise & understandable to non experts.

But, I do see a flaw in the Challenj To ID video you play near the beginning - he iz begging the question. He iz stating that a dezined jene must be spesific and unique to a single function AND never used befor for anything else. Foolish. Its like a novis telling the worldz greatest craftsman 'you coud hav dun it eazier this way'.

In other wordz, you cant say sumthing iz an aksident bekuz it haz far greater versitility than a simpler dezine.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

User avatar
Poodle
Has No Life
Posts: 11007
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Founder, Discoverer, Scientist, Researcher and Author

Post by Poodle » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:01 am

If you got through 10 minutes. JO, then you've already seen the entire 'theory' five times over. Actually, I'm being generous - Edgar's entire claim can be expressed in one sentence, but he manages to pad it out with irrelevance. Actually, I'm being generous again. But then he's a structural engineer and a scholar, you know.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Edgar Postrado is a liar

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:26 am

MrIntelligentDesign wrote:You can mock me if you want,
Thanks. I will. :D
Edgar in action 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Poodle
Has No Life
Posts: 11007
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Founder, Discoverer, Scientist, Researcher and Author

Post by Poodle » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:37 am

Just in case anyone still hasn't delved into the wonders of Edgar's world, here's the amazing new theory he claims to have discovered (being a structural engineer and a scholar) and published and of which he is the one and only sole discoverer who will gladly part you from your money so that you, too, can participate in his new realm of scientific rectitude ...

Are you ready?


You're sure you're ready?


Goddidit.


(Message for Edgar ... trilobites).

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 14588
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND

Re: Founder, Discoverer, Scientist, Researcher and Author

Post by JO 753 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:19 am

A little more advise, Edgar - If you are trying for the guru thing, it helps to dress the part. With your voice and speech style, the shirt & tie duznt work. You need a humble monk robe, sumthing simple and relijus looking. At least to start. Later, after you are well established, you can move up to silk and jewelry.

There are firmly established stereotypes, so the sheepl looking for their next enlitened leader will need to see & hear matching stuff.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 14588
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND

Re: Founder, Discoverer, Scientist, Researcher and Author

Post by JO 753 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:21 am

(PS. I get 10% for that advise)
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

MrIntelligentDesign
Poster
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:20 am

Re: Founder, Discoverer, Scientist, Researcher and Author

Post by MrIntelligentDesign » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:02 am

JO 753 wrote:
I coud only get thru 10 minits. You need to make your explanationz consise & understandable to non experts.

But, I do see a flaw in the Challenj To ID video you play near the beginning - he iz begging the question. He iz stating that a dezined jene must be spesific and unique to a single function AND never used befor for anything else. Foolish. Its like a novis telling the worldz greatest craftsman 'you coud hav dun it eazier this way'.

In other wordz, you cant say sumthing iz an aksident bekuz it haz far greater versitility than a simpler dezine.
I've already told you that I live in Japan for almost 20 years and I don't have more practice in English language. I am not also funded but I have the best science...

MrIntelligentDesign
Poster
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:20 am

Re: Founder, Discoverer, Scientist, Researcher and Author

Post by MrIntelligentDesign » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:04 am

Poodle wrote:If you got through 10 minutes. JO, then you've already seen the entire 'theory' five times over. Actually, I'm being generous - Edgar's entire claim can be expressed in one sentence, but he manages to pad it out with irrelevance. Actually, I'm being generous again. But then he's a structural engineer and a scholar, you know.
Yes, I received two scholarships in my univ that is why I am here in Japan.

Thus, you know for sure that I am not lazy in academic and in study...

MrIntelligentDesign
Poster
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:20 am

Re: Founder, Discoverer, Scientist, Researcher and Author

Post by MrIntelligentDesign » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:06 am

JO 753 wrote:A little more advise, Edgar - If you are trying for the guru thing, it helps to dress the part. With your voice and speech style, the shirt & tie duznt work. You need a humble monk robe, sumthing simple and relijus looking. At least to start. Later, after you are well established, you can move up to silk and jewelry.

There are firmly established stereotypes, so the sheepl looking for their next enlitened leader will need to see & hear matching stuff.
I am not well funded and I don't receive taxes from government, thus, bear with me. But one thing I can sure you of that I will never let you down in the name of real science..
Last edited by MrIntelligentDesign on Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrIntelligentDesign
Poster
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:20 am

Re: Founder, Discoverer, Scientist, Researcher and Author

Post by MrIntelligentDesign » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:08 am

Poodle wrote:Just in case anyone still hasn't delved into the wonders of Edgar's world, here's the amazing new theory he claims to have discovered (being a structural engineer and a scholar) and published and of which he is the one and only sole discoverer who will gladly part you from your money so that you, too, can participate in his new realm of scientific rectitude ...

Are you ready?


You're sure you're ready?


Goddidit.


(Message for Edgar ... trilobites).
In the topic of origin of Cosmos, existence, life and matter. GODDIDIT is the most probable answer than ROCKDIDIT or DIRTDIDIT...

Why? Because of intelligence.

Thus, intelligence is the key. Know intelligence and know reality and real science.

User avatar
Poodle
Has No Life
Posts: 11007
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Founder, Discoverer, Scientist, Researcher and Author

Post by Poodle » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:20 am

Well, Edgar, you could have saved yourself a lot of trouble and money if you'd just said that in the first place rather than trying to disguise naked creationism as science. It would also have saved the rest of the world a lot of time, although they seem to be hanging onto their money.

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 35125
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: prostrate spurge
Location: Transcona

Re: Edgar Postrado is a liar

Post by Gord » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:49 pm

MrIntelligentDesign wrote:You can mock me if you want
Thanks, I will!
YOU HAVE NO CLUE on intelligence...that is for sure..
I have a few clues on intelligence. I may not understand what you mean when you use the word, however. You certainly fail to express yourself, regardless the meaning you may think, want, or intend it to have.
I don't care...if you don't...
Why are you posting here, then?
MrIntelligentDesign wrote:I am here to tell you that we have already new discoveries in science that could change your life...
No, that's not true.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 35125
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: prostrate spurge
Location: Transcona

Re: Founder, Discoverer, Scientist, Researcher and Author

Post by Gord » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:52 pm

MrIntelligentDesign wrote:...I don't have more practice in English language...I have the best science...
Did you go to Trump University? :|
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 35125
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: prostrate spurge
Location: Transcona

Re: Founder, Discoverer, Scientist, Researcher and Author

Post by Gord » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:53 pm

MrIntelligentDesign wrote:... I will never let you down in the name of real science..
That is all you've done so far.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

MrIntelligentDesign
Poster
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:20 am

Re: Founder, Discoverer, Scientist, Researcher and Author

Post by MrIntelligentDesign » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:54 am

Gord wrote:
MrIntelligentDesign wrote:... I will never let you down in the name of real science..
That is all you've done so far.
You don't know yet the real intelligence..

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Insane person pays con artist $20,750 to publish insane books

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:59 am

MrIntelligentDesign wrote: You don't know yet the real intelligence..
Go away.

A scientific theory must predict things. You still don't know what the Scientific Method is at all, do you?

:lol:

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 35125
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: prostrate spurge
Location: Transcona

Re: Founder, Discoverer, Scientist, Researcher and Author

Post by Gord » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:00 am

MrIntelligentDesign wrote:
Gord wrote:
MrIntelligentDesign wrote:... I will never let you down in the name of real science..
That is all you've done so far.
You don't know yet the real intelligence..
I know you don't have it.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2448
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:56 pm
Custom Title: Deep

Re: Founder, Discoverer, Scientist, Researcher and Author

Post by Scott Mayers » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:34 pm

MrIntelligentDesign wrote:
Scott Mayers wrote:
MrIntelligentDesign wrote:I am not asking you all or anybody to believe me in my new discoveries. I come here in forum like this to show that I have the best science and you have nothing. It's obvious.
You haven't "shown" us anything to be able to measure what is or is not "best" of science. To PROVE something as "best" science, you'd at least have to demonstrate you even KNOW what the less then the best is let alone means.
I think that you had a bad education in where your teachers did not guide you to think and ask in science. For example, did you ask how many definitions of intelligence so far? And why? And what is the real and universal intelligence?
Edgar, you sound like you were some child who grew up in a cult and was taught some words that were completely different to the outside world. Cults teach their following victims a purposely contrary set of definitions of words to isolate them from the rest of the community. It's as if you were taught that "hello" means "goodbye". You use the word "intelligence" like we are discussing ones aptitude but treat it as though it means something related to include the property of a tree without distinction.
Please, for your owns sake, research and rediscover the topic of intelligence. There are almost 80+ definitions of this topic...why? ToE had messed this topic..

I am not asking you to read my science books, OK...I am asking you to rediscover it for yourself and use science...

Once you did it and you will surely press yourself hard for it, you will end up agreeing with me..

In my YouTube videos, I shared on them on how to rediscover the real intelligence...

DIY it and you will see...so that you could agree with me or you can go against me with science. Until now, you are babbling nothing...it is a waste of your time...


http://www.amazon.com/Edgar-Postrado/e/ ... t_ebooks_1
https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view ... gentDesign
I already previewed some. You are supposedly here for some reason. But yet you are hesitant when others are trying to interactively 'learn' your "best science". You seem to be treating the word, "science", as to mean one's logical "sense". While the root of this to the word science are partially related, the idea of 'science' is interpreted as what one senses through ones peripherals prior to connecting them together rationally (to make 'sense'). Perhaps your English translation interprets some Japanese word that doesn't distinguish logic from observation. "Science" in the world collectively refers to first observing and agreeing to what is observed. Such "agreement" can be wrong. But one agreement that conventional English accepts is to distinguish between the observations that get used as input-premises AND to the logic (or form) to which such conclusions based on a collection of observations are determined.

The problem you have off the top here is to adapt ID when this, by skeptics, scientists, etc, associate this with the religious because there is an unspoken presumption that the IDers of any kind have a hidden motivation to seek some means to justify a PERSONAL HIGHER BEING that has emotional/empathetic interest in us or all living things.

You have to be honest up front here and which you are NOT. First, tell us whether you believe in some 'God'. If you even remotely continue to evade this, you are being insincere. People here are not afraid to accept those who ARE religious; rather, they are against those who are not willing to be honest. And to even begin any inquiry by a skeptic (even some could be 'religious'), requires being non-deceptive, sincere, and CLEAR to your position. You are acting obscurantist, like a mystic, intending to place the burden on others to interpret you like a poem. But while you may think this a rational idea, this unfortunately is also what any 'artist' uses to broaden some appeal by

(a) being unclear enough so that
(b) you rely on others to interpret you solely on their own internal view but
(c) based solely on your emotional appeal.

Music and other forms of art act this way to entertain us all. We rely on the means of abstraction (and the obscure forms most popularly) to relate personally to what we are entertained about. The MORE obscure, the MORE broad others are able to interpret. Yet, this is NOT scientific because science relies on being VERY explicit, clear, and as honest up front.

So, are you selling us ART (but calling it 'science')? It is hard to interpret as this tactic is also used to CON others, usually religious types particularly. It is NOT science, let alone 'best' because you are not even proving you qualify. You're not even trying to negotiate with anyone here on their terms to try to demonstrate your trustworthiness. And, just as ART requires others to at LEAST have some emotional comfort for some reason to gamble in beginning to attempt to understand, you are just slapping people here in the face and yet think this is sufficient to make others want to bother even looking at you with equal fairness.

If you are here to appeal to us, than begin by granting some respect to us. You can't get it by both being insulting and then demanding those you insult, to do the work. Most of us are already doing that on our own and don't need the motivation that the vast majority of the world lacks. That is, most skeptics are DRIVEN to think.

This doesn't make what you think in your head as 'wrong'. But if you can't even get a good foot in the door to demonstrate at least SOME capacity to reason here, the 'best' we could do with you is to be entertained by the ART you represent, not any actual SCIENCE. Say as you will, but unless you paint using defined terms with clear specificity, you won't actually get far....unless it is just entertaining that you do.

If you are the designing engineer you assert, would you expect others to construct your designs without being very specific with your diagrams and explanations to assure no one interprets you in anything more than one unique way? Would you think it wise to simply scribble some child-like drawing and demand others to openly interpret what you are meaning by it?

This is how you are coming across and I'm being KIND here to grant you a painted image of something most would find pleasant upon their own:

Image

As pretty as this might be for many, would you use this as is to demonstrate a highly specific interpretation of you for scientists? It COULD have some related virtue. But it is ART. At present you are doing this BUT the picture you are painting lacks even the beauty of this. It is more like this:

Image. And so while it can be meaningful or sentimental, you come across as one's child: admirable perhaps, 'sweet', but very naive if you actually think this is a specific drawing of Mommy with a green hat walking Auntie Susie's dog, named Genie, outside of the old house in the background you lived at when you were three years old!
I eat without fear of certain Death from The Tree of Knowledge because with wisdom, we may one day break free from its mortal curse.

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 14588
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND

Re: Founder, Discoverer, Scientist, Researcher and Author

Post by JO 753 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:33 pm

I think I can see it!

20 quatlooz for the set!
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

User avatar
Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2448
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:56 pm
Custom Title: Deep

Re: Founder, Discoverer, Scientist, Researcher and Author

Post by Scott Mayers » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:48 pm

JO 753 wrote:I think I can see it!

20 quatlooz for the set!
I was expecting more imagination from you, Jo. :lol:

I mean no offence to Edgar in the least, though. I hope that at least he could see how it at least appears to come across. Then maybe he might try, if sincere, to represent himself in a better light.
I eat without fear of certain Death from The Tree of Knowledge because with wisdom, we may one day break free from its mortal curse.

User avatar
Poodle
Has No Life
Posts: 11007
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Founder, Discoverer, Scientist, Researcher and Author

Post by Poodle » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:50 pm

Flying pigs come to mind.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Founder, Discoverer, Scientist, Researcher and Author

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:59 pm

Scott Mayers wrote: I mean no offence to Edgar in the least, though. I hope that at least he could see how it at least appears to come across.
Scott. Edgar isn't reading our posts. He thinks he is promoting his self published books to make money. He was conned by some vanity publisher, who has already taken the money and run away.

Edgar is not the first "scam victim" who has been told to promote his books here . We had "evolutionofplanets" who was another "scam victim" promoting his self published book here, on planet evolution, also trying to make a profit.

We are simply watching really stupid con artist victims at the tail end of the scam.
:D

User avatar
Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2448
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:56 pm
Custom Title: Deep

Re: Founder, Discoverer, Scientist, Researcher and Author

Post by Scott Mayers » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:06 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Scott Mayers wrote: I mean no offence to Edgar in the least, though. I hope that at least he could see how it at least appears to come across.
Scott. Edgar isn't reading our posts. He thinks he is promoting his self published books to make money. He was conned by some vanity publisher, who has already taken the money and run away.

Edgar is not the first "scam victim" who has been told to promote his books here . We had "evolutionofplanets" who was another "scam victim" promoting his self published book here, on planet evolution, also trying to make a profit.

We are simply watching really stupid con artist victims at the tail end of the scam.
:D
Yes,... this is where I think we each can contribute to help, both for him as well as for each of us. One day he might use this experience in a good way to promote the skepticism we also derived from the doubt of others in our own experiences. At least, he wouldn't necessarily have an unfriendly understanding that might make him purposely rebel in some complete opposing way merely for some interpreted insincerity towards him as a person. It's as likely that he gets this already from those attempting to con him and may even have no means to escape in his present environment. I appreciate that at least he takes the risk for what he believes, even in error, and if he keeps this up sincerely, he's fine in my books.
I eat without fear of certain Death from The Tree of Knowledge because with wisdom, we may one day break free from its mortal curse.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Founder, Discoverer, Scientist, Researcher and Author

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:19 am

Scott Mayers wrote: Yes,... this is where I think we each can contribute to help, both for him as well as for each of us. One day he might use this experience in a good way to promote the skepticism we also derived from the doubt of others in our own experiences.
Edgar can't be helped. You can't use logic on him as he doesn't understand logic. The only reason he is promoting his books here again is because all the other science and skeptic websites banned him for spamming his book.

Indeed, as that is what he is doing here, he should be banned from here as well, however Pyrrho knows that the members always enjoy "having a look" at strange new posters.
:D

User avatar
Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2448
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:56 pm
Custom Title: Deep

Re: Founder, Discoverer, Scientist, Researcher and Author

Post by Scott Mayers » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:53 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Scott Mayers wrote: Yes,... this is where I think we each can contribute to help, both for him as well as for each of us. One day he might use this experience in a good way to promote the skepticism we also derived from the doubt of others in our own experiences.
Edgar can't be helped. You can't use logic on him as he doesn't understand logic. The only reason he is promoting his books here again is because all the other science and skeptic websites banned him for spamming his book.

Indeed, as that is what he is doing here, he should be banned from here as well, however Pyrrho knows that the members always enjoy "having a look" at strange new posters.
:D
I respect the lawyer in you for the practicality here. You could be right that others, including my myself, may respond with this for its novelty. But that COULD be a good sign. That is, if we are so bored because the average individual is MORE skeptical to lack needing to come here, perhaps this indicates others are no longer believing in Big Foot today. I guess that means if we each have reason to still be here ourselves, we could at least use this forum to help those with even more extreme beliefs who are most in need. right? I understand you. I'm just thinking that should those like Edgar opt to prefer some other forum instead, it would only enhance his type of reasoning by others. ;)

[P.S. I had an indepth discussion HERE which I've noticed might interest you. The thread was closed at present but was one which I had tried to point out my concern for Nationalism/Ethnocentrism as a cause of most problems. [Israeli-Palestinian conflict(s)] I also opened a thread there related more specifically to my opinion on Nationalism as an opening essay [Nationalism is the doom of all politics... I could re-ignite it here but thought you may like this if at least to possibly initiate more depth here.

Scott. [first 't' the silent one, not the second....I hate when people pronounce it the 'wrong' way :lol: ]
I eat without fear of certain Death from The Tree of Knowledge because with wisdom, we may one day break free from its mortal curse.

MrIntelligentDesign
Poster
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:20 am

Re: Founder, Discoverer, Scientist, Researcher and Author

Post by MrIntelligentDesign » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:08 pm

Scott Mayers wrote:
MrIntelligentDesign wrote:
Scott Mayers wrote:
MrIntelligentDesign wrote:I am not asking you all or anybody to believe me in my new discoveries. I come here in forum like this to show that I have the best science and you have nothing. It's obvious.
Yis is a specific drawing of Mommy with a green hat walking Auntie Susie's dog, named Genie, outside of the old house in the background you lived at when you were three years old!
Thank you for your long post BUT...

1. YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT SCIENCE...
This is where we dis-agreed. I have science, you have religion only and you called it science.
You have no experiment to show, I have and I can make more..

Thus, science is not observation..but experiment so that anybody could confirm..

THUS, you are wrong. PLS, you are talking to me - a discoverer, a scientist and a founder of new Intelligent Design...YOU WILL NEVER win..

2. YOU ARE WRONG AGAIN about RELIGION and science..
I am not talking about religion when I said that GOD or an Intelligent Agent probably could intelligently design all things..
I can show it because I discovered the real intelligence.

Since you discovered NONE in science,then, you have nothing to say..except support me or make an experiment to show that I am wrong..WE ARE NOT in the same level..I am higher, much higher than you intellectually and academically.. I have discoveries in science..YOU HAVE NONE! YOU ARE NOTHING..

THUS, you are completely wrong!

3. YOU ARE WRONG in Intelligence and in my new discoveries..

The reason why you claimed that you did not understand me because you did not read my science books...

It is not my fault already. It is already yours..MY RESPONSIBILITY is to documented all my new discoveries..Yours is to read them..

THUS, you are wrong and I am still right..

MrIntelligentDesign
Poster
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:20 am

Re: Founder, Discoverer, Scientist, Researcher and Author

Post by MrIntelligentDesign » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:11 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Scott Mayers wrote: I mean no offence to Edgar in the least, though. I hope that at least he could see how it at least appears to come across.
Scott. Edgar isn't reading our posts. He thinks he is promoting his self published books to make money. He was conned by some vanity publisher, who has already taken the money and run away.

Edgar is not the first "scam victim" who has been told to promote his books here . We had "evolutionofplanets" who was another "scam victim" promoting his self published book here, on planet evolution, also trying to make a profit.

We are simply watching really stupid con artist victims at the tail end of the scam.
:D
I am not promoting my science books. I AM just telling you that you are damn wrong in your knowledge of intelligence...

Is that hard to get?

MrIntelligentDesign
Poster
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:20 am

Re: Founder, Discoverer, Scientist, Researcher and Author

Post by MrIntelligentDesign » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:12 pm

Scott Mayers wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
Scott Mayers wrote: I mean no offence to Edgar in the least, though. I hope that at least he could see how it at least appears to come across.
Scott. Edgar isn't reading our posts. He thinks he is promoting his self published books to make money. He was conned by some vanity publisher, who has already taken the money and run away.

Edgar is not the first "scam victim" who has been told to promote his books here . We had "evolutionofplanets" who was another "scam victim" promoting his self published book here, on planet evolution, also trying to make a profit.

We are simply watching really stupid con artist victims at the tail end of the scam.
:D
Yes,... this is where I think we each can contribute to help, both for him as well as for each of us. One day he might use this experience in a good way to promote the skepticism we also derived from the doubt of others in our own experiences. At least, he wouldn't necessarily have an unfriendly understanding that might make him purposely rebel in some complete opposing way merely for some interpreted insincerity towards him as a person. It's as likely that he gets this already from those attempting to con him and may even have no means to escape in his present environment. I appreciate that at least he takes the risk for what he believes, even in error, and if he keeps this up sincerely, he's fine in my books.
SKEPTICISM?? LOL!!

There are almost 80+ definitions of intelligence..why you cannot nail the topic of intelligence? Why don't you become an skeptics to all of those people who messed intelligence??

FUNNY...you are really funny...

MrIntelligentDesign
Poster
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:20 am

Re: Founder, Discoverer, Scientist, Researcher and Author

Post by MrIntelligentDesign » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:15 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Scott Mayers wrote: Yes,... this is where I think we each can contribute to help, both for him as well as for each of us. One day he might use this experience in a good way to promote the skepticism we also derived from the doubt of others in our own experiences.
Edgar can't be helped. You can't use logic on him as he doesn't understand logic. The only reason he is promoting his books here again is because all the other science and skeptic websites banned him for spamming his book.

Indeed, as that is what he is doing here, he should be banned from here as well, however Pyrrho knows that the members always enjoy "having a look" at strange new posters.
:D
LOGIC?? Yes, I believe that there is logic BUT logic must always be real..that is why I need an experiment from you guys if you think that I am wrong in my new discoveries about the new intelligence...

IF not, I cannot believe you..and I will surely conclude you are not logical but insane, religious freaks...

AND YOU CANNOT defeat me...you cannot defeat reality...

TRY it and see for yourself...