New book review

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
RedBard

New book review

Post by RedBard » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:27 am

Has anyone read "Bible Stories Mother Never Told Me" by CL Putnam? I just finished my copy (got it on Amazon) and would LOVE to discuss it. I found it to be hilarious and eye-opening. Thanks!

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: New book review

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 am

RedBard wrote:Has anyone read "Bible Stories Mother Never Told Me" by CL Putnam? I just finished my copy (got it on Amazon) and would LOVE to discuss it. I found it to be hilarious and eye-opening. Thanks!
Yes I have read this book and it is very funny. There are quite a few books in a similar vein concerning the bible, however I like the general style of humour and "Great Legal Fiascos" is also very entertaining.
0.jpg
Do you have a particular Biblical story that makes you laugh more than others? You are most welcome to share it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Monster » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:41 am

RedBard wrote:Has anyone read "Bible Stories Mother Never Told Me" by CL Putnam? I just finished my copy (got it on Amazon) and would LOVE to discuss it. I found it to be hilarious and eye-opening. Thanks!
Then you should start the discussion by discussing it. I have not read that book, but you can post paraphrased stories or snippets for discussion.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

RedBard

Post by RedBard » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:40 pm

My favorite story in the book (Bible Stories Mother Never Told Me) is where "God" punishes the Philistines with HEMORRHOIDS for stealing the Ark of the Covenant--HILARIOUS! I also really liked the "David and Jonathan love story". WOW! Was THAT an eye-opener! As I was reading the book, I kept thinking "Is this {!#%@} REALLY in the Bible???" (Yeah, it IS!) Every story and event is documented with the actual Bible chapter and verse so the reader can look it up for themselves (which I did, so nobody can say "it was taken out of context" as Christians love to do). Hell, I just talked myself into reading it again!!

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:37 am

K, now it sounds like a sales pitch. :purplex:

ETA http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 13#p475213 :heh:
Lard, save me from your followers.