Did Ringo Starr admit that Paul McCartney died in 1966?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
salomed
Frequent Poster
Custom Title: Cartesian Skeptic

Did Ringo Starr admit that Paul McCartney died in 1966?

Post by salomed » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:57 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/usvsth3m/ringo- ... al-5260576" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And If not, why not?

This is one of my fave pop culture conspiracy theories. What do you think?
Comment savez-vous que vous ne parlez pas bollox?
Sur internet: http://bit.ly/14A0n9H" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Did Ringo Starr admit that Paul McCartney died in 1966?

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:08 pm

Paul doesn't seem to think he's dead.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:24 pm

salomed wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/usvsth3m/ringo- ... al-5260576

And If not, why not?

His fingerprints in his 1976 arrest and 1980 arrest are the same as his fingerprints in his 1960 arrest.

salomed
Frequent Poster

Post by salomed » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:25 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:

And If not, why not?

His fingerprints in his 1976 arrest and 1980 arrest are the same as his fingerprints in his 1960 arrest.
Proof?
Sur internet: http://bit.ly/14A0n9H" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Monster » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:42 pm

And If not, why not?

Why do you say "admit"? If I said, "I have a trillion dollars", am I "admitting" it or simply lying? Or just stating it? Why is it "admit"?
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:42 pm

salomed wrote:Proof?
List his arrests Salomed, the various countries he was arrested in and the dates for each of those arrests. If you are too lazy, then buy the book listed below.
"The Paul is dead" publicity stunt came from a 1967 radio station in Michigan and was subsequently exploited by EMI records. You can read the entire story in this book.

Contrary to Popular Belief: More than 250 False Facts Revealed, by By Joey Green

Just for the record, John Lennon does not say "Paul is dead" at the end of "Strawberry Fields" but "cranberry sauce". If you actually listened to Beatles albums you would have gotten the original joke.

Below is a photo of John Lennon ( Yep) serving spaghetti. Do you know what non-musical artistic adventure of The Beatles this is from?
spaghetti.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

salomed
Frequent Poster

Post by salomed » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:56 pm

That's not proof.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:23 pm

salomed wrote:That's not proof.
Read the book that I specifically listed for you which discusses the exact history of "The Paul is Dead" publicity campaign and all the evidence against this, including the exchange of fingerprints across jurisdictions.

Are you really really claiming that Paul Mcartney's five children that span across this period are not related? In what year was Ruth McCartney born? Did you even think about this for a nano-second.

Are you really that gullible that a late 60's record company publicity stunt has "tricked you"?

As for Ringo Star, he is a nice bloke. He agreed to appear on Better Homes & Gardens :TV Show, for the last three years, with my talent, Graham Ross (RHS Veitch Medal) at the Chelsea Flower show and he likes Aussies ( Ringo is a gardener) He does this to annoy the British press, to whom he drops his trousers....at the Chelsea Flower show press day.
https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/video/wa ... he-celebs/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

salomed
Frequent Poster

Post by salomed » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:38 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
salomed wrote:That's not proof.
Read the book that I specifically listed for you which discusses the exact history of "The Paul is Dead" publicity campaign and all the evidence against this, including the exchange of fingerprints across jurisdictions.

Are you really really claiming that Paul Mcartney's five children that span across this period are not related? In what year was Ruth McCartney born? Did you even think about this for a nano-second.

Are you really that gullible that a late 60's record company publicity stunt has "tricked you"?

As for Ringo Star, he is a nice bloke. He agreed to appear on Better Homes & Gardens :TV Show, for the last three years, with my talent, Graham Ross (RHS Veitch Medal) at the Chelsea Flower show and he likes Aussies ( Ringo is a gardener) He does this to annoy the British press, to whom he drops his trousers....at the Chelsea Flower show press day.
https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/video/wa ... he-celebs/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But don't you get it? If there was such a conspiracy, worth billions in revenue and even more in cultural cachet, of course there would be counter conspiracy claims out there. Duh.

So, where is the actual proof?

Can you refute the biometrics?

No. Referring to secondary information and appeals to popularity is not proof. But you know that.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:36 am

salomed wrote: But don't you get it? If there was such a conspiracy, worth billions in revenue and even more in cultural cachet, of course there would be counter conspiracy claims out there. Duh.
A record company publicity stunt in 1967 is not a million dollar conspiracy today, is it? EMI Records paid for advertising to sell Beatles records back then. They also advertised "Is David Bowie really wearing makeup?" and released publicity photos of Mark Bolan and Mick Jagger kissing. Who do you think is running the conspiracy? EMI in 2015?

These are not conspiracies but short term record company stunts. You can read interviews with the guys who initiated the stunts saying they are stunts. That's not a conspiracy is it?

Secondly. no idiot on the planet actually thinks that Paul McCartney is actually dead I noticed you ran away when I pointed out that Paul McCartney has children from before 1967 and children after 1967, who share his genes. You also failed to explain why Paul McCartney has the same finger prints from his arrests in England, Japan, Bermuda and so on, over the same period.

I don't even have to mention the bloody obvious point that Paul McCartney is a left handed bass player who sings like Paul McCartney. You may be able to find a person who sounds like McCartney and looks like McCartney, but how do you find a left handed bass player with these same skills? Who do you think recruited these lookalikes "KGB agent George Martin", "The CIA Musical Division"?

You promote "woo" and refuse to check anything contrary to your "woo" beliefs. Did you do any research into debunking "Paul is dead" before posting your opening post?

salomed wrote: So, where is the actual proof?
Contrary to Popular Belief: More than 250 False Facts Revealed, by By Joey Green
Three Rivers Press (2005)

I now realise you are making up this conspiracy as you go because you don't actually know what the Paul is dead publicity stunt is.

Can you set out the "Paul is dead" conspiracy in your own words including naming the conspirators and what the aim of the conspiracy is? ( Hint : Selling Sgt Peppers in 1967)

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:47 am

salomed wrote: Can you refute the biometrics?
What biometrics? Do you mean a blog by some 25 year olds, using publicity photos?

http://plasticmacca.blogspot.com.au/201 ... l-was.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:18 am

I was so stupid, I actually bothered to respond to one of Salomed's stupid claims. If Paul McCartney died in 1966 then Salomed is claiming Paul's McCartney's father, James, is part of the conspiracy, as he died in 1976.

Salomed will now explain this 1974 photo for us.
Jim McCartney.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Harte
Poster

Post by Harte » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:33 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:I was so stupid, I actually bothered to respond to one of Salomed's stupid claims.

I'll join you in your stupidity here, for the sake of fellowship.

This claim, like Paul's ex, doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Harte
The skeptic, being a lover of his kind, desires to cure by speech, as best he can, the self-conceit and rashness of the dogmatists.
Sextus Empiricus, Outlines of PyrrhonismHello!

Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so.
Bertrand Russell

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Post by Aztexan » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:48 am

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
trump is Putin's bitch

Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: Deep

Post by Scott Mayers » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:12 am

In general response to the OP:

Whether such a claim could be 'true', I've always separated my admiration for one's art for the artists themselves. I've been fortunate to meet a few in my past but even then felt this way then. I was happy to have only recently discovered interviews of Roger Waters and learned that what I interpreted of their art just happened to coincide with what I interpreted his works (through his band, Pink Floyd of the past) to mean thus far. But this is just extra 'candy'.

Even if Paul McCartney was someone whose identity was stolen upon some supposed death, than does this mean we'd have to somehow discredit the 'fake' one for the latter works? This might be of interest for legal concerns but it still wouldn't detract any pleasure we might have derived from both the 'real' and 'fake' guy from different periods. I think people mistake the artist for the art too much and place too much significance on their personal lives.
I eat without fear of certain Death from The Tree of Knowledge because with wisdom, we may one day break free from its mortal curse.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:09 am

Harte wrote: I'll join you in your stupidity here, for the sake of fellowship.
This claim, like Paul's ex, doesn't have a leg to stand on. Harte
Boom tish!

The stupid in this conspiracy theory is off the "Richter scale". As per usual, this is Salomed promoting a conspiracy that he hasn't actually read about.
Sgtpeppergatefold.jpg
McCartney can be seen wearing a badge on his left sleeve that bears the initials O.P.P. Salomed and other fools read them as O.P.D., which they interpret as "Officially Pronounced Dead". The badge was a gift from a fan; the initials stand for "Ontario Provincial Police". The band was being transferred in a Ontario police van for the trip to the airport.
_sgt_pepper_ontario_police1.jpeg
Sgtpeppergatefold (2).jpg

salomed
Frequent Poster

Post by salomed » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:04 am

Matthew, I'm sorry, silly. Of course Paul's not dead.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:19 am

salomed wrote:Matthew, I'm sorry, silly. Of course Paul's not dead.
Tell us exactly what you thought the "Paul is dead" conspiracy theory was and why it was a conspiracy theory rather than an EMI Records stunt in 1967?

salomed
Frequent Poster

Post by salomed » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:27 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
salomed wrote:Matthew, I'm sorry, silly. Of course Paul's not dead.
Tell us exactly what you thought the "Paul is dead" conspiracy theory was and why it was a conspiracy theory rather than an EMI Records stunt in 1967?
I enjoy you writing, that is why, sport;)

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:46 am

salomed wrote: I enjoy you writing, that is why, sport;)
Well why don't you pick a topic that I can actually get my teeth into.

Would you like to try Greer again, who really did claim, he bought a 7" alien
?

salomed
Frequent Poster

Post by salomed » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:54 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:

?
I seem to remember you said that the colour matched one of your toy tanks, therefore myth busted. Was that it?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:31 am

salomed wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:

?
I seem to remember you said that the colour matched one of your toy tanks, therefore myth busted. Was that it?
Even better we had another fake alien on this very website painted in Panzer Dunkel Gelb, the standard colour for German tanks, that modellers have a lot of. But that's not how I pulled that hoax apart, is it? Can you remember how I debunked that hoax?

Panzer Dunkel Gelb aliens
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 42#p448042" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

salomed
Frequent Poster

Post by salomed » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:37 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
salomed wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:

?
Even better we had another fake alien on this very website painted in Panzer Dunkel Gelb, the standard colour for German tanks, that modellers have a lot of. But that's not how I pulled that hoax apart, is it? Can you remember how I debunked that hoax?

Panzer Dunkel Gelb aliens
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 42#p448042" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I don't remember you debunking it. You have a habit of thinking cases are closed because you have fitted them into your Belief System. That is not actually the scientific of skeptical method. The case in Ra was a case in point, as were the majority, but not all, of your other derailments.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:38 am

salomed wrote: I don't remember you debunking it.
Remember? He pulled fresh tissue out of a fossilised skull in his movie and the toy alien or dried human foetus has black wax pushed into its leg sockets. It's nostril holes are dead ends. It's also painted dunkel gelb with an airbrush.! There is nothing in the slightest to suggest this thing is alien. When confronted... you ran away.
Greer 1.jpg
Grrer 2.jpg
r-ATACAMAHUMANOID-large570.jpg
salomed wrote: You have a habit of thinking cases are closed because you have fitted them into your Belief System.
Uh Huh.
And your belief is that dead midget aliens, that for some reason, look like humans, are scientifically used to promote "UFO" films, produced by a fake doctor, who has accidentally lost the "aliens" DNA test from 2014, which was the whole purpose of the film.

How old did "Dr" Greer say the alien was Salomed? You do know don't you?

:D

Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: Deep

Post by Scott Mayers » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:06 pm

:) I thought 'salomed' was some unusual verb or mispelling as I was reading you at first, Matthew. Funny.

Okay, it wasn't that funny. :roll: ...but...never mind.
I eat without fear of certain Death from The Tree of Knowledge because with wisdom, we may one day break free from its mortal curse.

salomed
Frequent Poster

Post by salomed » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:10 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
salomed wrote: I don't remember you debunking it.
Remember? He pulled fresh tissue out of a fossilised skull in his movie and the toy alien or dried human foetus has black wax pushed into its leg sockets. It's nostril holes are dead ends. It's also painted dunkel gelb with an airbrush.! There is nothing in the slightest to suggest this thing is alien. When confronted... you ran away.
Greer 1.jpg
Grrer 2.jpg
r-ATACAMAHUMANOID-large570.jpg
salomed wrote: You have a habit of thinking cases are closed because you have fitted them into your Belief System.
Uh Huh.
And your belief is that dead midget aliens, that for some reason, look like humans, are scientifically used to promote "UFO" films, produced by a fake doctor, who has accidentally lost the "aliens" DNA test from 2014, which was the whole purpose of the film.

How old did "Dr" Greer say the alien was Salomed? You do know don't you?

Oh Matthew, whereas you clearly spend hours and hours and hours here, feeding your ego, and your astounding brain remembers all of the minutia of your important victories here, I just don't have the level of engagement with these issues that you do. I do enjoy the sport you provide and I am sorry I can't remember the games we have played.

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Monster » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:38 pm

That was a way cool alien, Matthew Ellard.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

Pyrrho
Administrator

Post by Pyrrho » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:56 pm

Prove that I am not really one of the MiB.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:28 pm

You expect us to remember what you said? :-P
Lard, save me from your followers.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:18 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:You expect us to remember what you said? :-P
Something about swamp farts?
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:20 pm

salomed wrote: , and your astounding brain remembers all of the minutia of your important victories here.....
. Believe it or not, some humans consider photographic long term memories an advantage. If you had to sit down for 5 years, every night memorising 400 court cases, to pass law exams, you would need to develop the same skill.
salomed wrote: I just don't have the level of engagement with these issues that you do.
I actually really like this forum because it discusses things that never get discussed anywhere else. For this reason these topics stick in my head. i can't help it.
peter-lorre.jpg

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:44 pm

Monster wrote:That was a way cool alien, Matthew Ellard.
I like the fake eyelids, black wax in the joints and chest cavity, and the airbrushed and dry brushed paint job.

One of my hobbies is art fakes and spotting fake art. Professional forgers will scrape most of the paint off a "B-grade" medieval portrait and then repaint the broad outline in the style of a master. This way a tiny section of canvas can be tested and appear to make the painting medieval.

The alien's "outside" is obviously fake. A section of bone proved the alien to be a human foetus. ( I didn't tell Salomed as I was leading him into a trap for not researching his claims). The "alien body was "discovered" in Mexico. That's when I guessed how the scam found the original body.
skel.jpg
124942da740153ad3f93e7befca2ed5e.jpg
I admit I made errors in my first guesses and thought the body was an armature model of a skeleton, by Polar Lights Models, from the movie Jason and the Argonauts.. However I am sticking to my assertion that the colour and "weathering" of the alien is from a very famous book on how to paint and "weather" German tanks by Francios Verlinden. Some people can spot Picasso's brush strokes I can spot dry brushing techniques on model tanks.
610NDSTPKVL._UY250_.jpg