A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
User avatar
RJRanald22
BANNED
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:41 pm
Custom Title: All Possibilities Considered

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by RJRanald22 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:35 am

Supposedly, after millions of years, life forms are supposed to "evolve" into higher forms. So, why exactly haven't these presented plants and creatures evolved at all?


phpBB [video]

"I say only a fool would blindly believe that one species can magically turn into another species without repeatable, observable, scientific experiments to back up such a wild claim!" - RJRanald22

User avatar
Poodle
True Skeptic
Posts: 10798
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by Poodle » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:47 am

RJRanald22 wrote:DNA is my proof that life is intelligently designed. If you disagree present your repeatable, observable, scientific experiments that demonstrate how this process is not miraculous; for it sure looks miraculous to me!
I just wasted five and a half minutes of my life watching that video, which contains not a single shred of evidence of anything other than Mayer's opinion. It does contain a fallacy or two, though - particularly the monkey/typewriter one. There is, in fact, a very tiny chance of those monkeys producing Hamlet which no amount of denial can un-produce. Where people like you go terribly wrong, Mr. McDanald, is in assuming that a tiny chance is no chance at all.

Please present evidence next time, rather than merely an argument which you favour. You now owe me 5 minutes and 28 seconds. Please do not waste any more of my time.

User avatar
RJRanald22
BANNED
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:41 pm
Custom Title: All Possibilities Considered

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by RJRanald22 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:49 am

Poodle wrote:
RJRanald22 wrote:DNA is my proof that life is intelligently designed. If you disagree present your repeatable, observable, scientific experiments that demonstrate how this process is not miraculous; for it sure looks miraculous to me!
I just wasted five and a half minutes of my life watching that video, which contains not a single shred of evidence of anything other than Mayer's opinion. It does contain a fallacy or two, though - particularly the monkey/typewriter one. There is, in fact, a very tiny chance of those monkeys producing Hamlet which no amount of denial can un-produce. Where people like you go terribly wrong, Mr. McDanald, is in assuming that a tiny chance is no chance at all.

Please present evidence next time, rather than merely an argument which you favour. You now owe me 5 minutes and 28 seconds. Please do not waste any more of my time.
It seems to me all you have are YOUR OPINIONS that the process is not miraculous, right? What makes your opinions any more valid that theirs? Are YOUR qualifications in these matters superior? I DOUBT IT!

It's like competing religions. Each side presents their evidence. The Christian feels he wastes his time examining the evidence of the Muslim. The Muslim feels he wastes his time examining the evidence of the Christian. LIKE YOU both sides have pre-made up their minds before even investigating the evidence.

SO, WHAT MAKES YOUR OPINION SUPERIOR, EH?

"I say only a fool would blindly believe that one species can magically turn into another species without repeatable, observable, scientific experiments to back up such a wild claim!" - RJRanald22

User avatar
Poodle
True Skeptic
Posts: 10798
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by Poodle » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:07 am

I think you haven't yet grasped the meaning of the word 'evidence'.

User avatar
RJRanald22
BANNED
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:41 pm
Custom Title: All Possibilities Considered

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by RJRanald22 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:13 am

Poodle wrote:I think you haven't yet grasped the meaning of the word 'evidence'.
I think you haven't grasped the meaning of the word 'opinion'

You blindly feel your opinion is automatic fact. Your opinion that presented evidence is no evidence at all is crazy! You could be wrong, you know. You do realize that, right? Chances are there is infinitely more to reality than puny human philosophies and science can even conceive of!

THAT IS A VERY REAL POSSIBILITY. YOU REALIZE THIS, RIGHT?

"I say only a fool would blindly believe that one species can magically turn into another species without repeatable, observable, scientific experiments to back up such a wild claim!" - RJRanald22

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23698
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:28 am

RJ, you got a hemorrhoid stuck in your teeth.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
RJRanald22
BANNED
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:41 pm
Custom Title: All Possibilities Considered

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by RJRanald22 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:34 am

I HEREBY CHALLENGE YOU ALL

TO PRESENT YOUR EVIDENCE

THAT EVOLUTION IS A FACT!!


"I say only a fool would blindly believe that one species can magically turn into another species without repeatable, observable, scientific experiments to back up such a wild claim!" - RJRanald22

User avatar
Poodle
True Skeptic
Posts: 10798
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by Poodle » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:42 am


User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23698
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:49 am

RJRanald22 wrote:I HEREBY CHALLENGE YOU ALL

TO PRESENT YOUR EVIDENCE

THAT EVOLUTION IS A FACT!!

I HEREBY GIVE A {!#%@} ABOUT YOUR CHALLENGES.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23698
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:02 pm

If you think species don't evolve, try mating a Great Pyrenees with a Teacup Chihuahua.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
RJRanald22
BANNED
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:41 pm
Custom Title: All Possibilities Considered

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by RJRanald22 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:08 pm

That's no evidence at all!

Let's see some REAL evidence!

"I say only a fool would blindly believe that one species can magically turn into another species without repeatable, observable, scientific experiments to back up such a wild claim!" - RJRanald22

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23698
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:15 pm

RJRanald22 wrote:
That's no evidence at all!

Let's see some REAL evidence!


Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Poodle
True Skeptic
Posts: 10798
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by Poodle » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:17 pm

RJRanald22 wrote:
That's no evidence at all!

Let's see some REAL evidence!
Goblins, see? Don't say I didn't warn you.

(But please take note ... the link is to Biology for Dummies).

User avatar
Pyrrho
Administrator
Posts: 9924
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:31 am

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by Pyrrho » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:48 pm

Evolution 101

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/evo_01" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Common misconceptions explained:

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... ns_faq.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Evidence for evolution:

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... opic_id=14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

None of it can remedy willful ignorance.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

User avatar
RJRanald22
BANNED
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:41 pm
Custom Title: All Possibilities Considered

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by RJRanald22 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:01 pm

Pyrrho wrote:Evolution 101

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/evo_01" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Common misconceptions explained:

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... ns_faq.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Evidence for evolution:

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... opic_id=14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

None of it can remedy willful ignorance.
Are you serious? I want REAL EVIDENCE! That's no evidence!

"I say only a fool would blindly believe that one species can magically turn into another species without repeatable, observable, scientific experiments to back up such a wild claim!" - RJRanald22

User avatar
Pyrrho
Administrator
Posts: 9924
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:31 am

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by Pyrrho » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:04 pm

RJRanald22 wrote:
Pyrrho wrote:Evolution 101

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/evo_01" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Common misconceptions explained:

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... ns_faq.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Evidence for evolution:

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... opic_id=14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

None of it can remedy willful ignorance.
Are you serious? I want REAL EVIDENCE! That's no evidence!
Q.E.D.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

User avatar
Poodle
True Skeptic
Posts: 10798
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by Poodle » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:08 pm

Pyrrho wrote:
RJRanald22 wrote:
Pyrrho wrote:Evolution 101

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/evo_01" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Common misconceptions explained:

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... ns_faq.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Evidence for evolution:

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... opic_id=14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

None of it can remedy willful ignorance.
Are you serious? I want REAL EVIDENCE! That's no evidence!
Q.E.D.
In spades.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23698
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:12 pm

Have you ever tried breeding a Great Pyrenees and a troll?
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
RJRanald22
BANNED
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:41 pm
Custom Title: All Possibilities Considered

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by RJRanald22 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:16 pm

I asked for evidence that evolution is a fact and you provided no evidence at all. What's the matter with you people! 8-)

"I say only a fool would blindly believe that one species can magically turn into another species without repeatable, observable, scientific experiments to back up such a wild claim!" - RJRanald22

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23698
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:22 pm

RJRanald22 wrote:I asked for evidence that evolution is a fact and you provided no evidence at all. What's the matter with you people! 8-)
We like yo-yo. You string along nicely. This may be due to the fact that your parents were brothers.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
RJRanald22
BANNED
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:41 pm
Custom Title: All Possibilities Considered

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by RJRanald22 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:29 pm

Everything about the microscopic process of reproduction says: (((PURPOSE))). How atheists can be so certain we live in a purposeless universe is beyond me. If this were so sperm would purposelessly swim anywhere and it would be a random chance accident that a sperm would ever 'just so happen' to swim into an egg cell BY MISTAKE and a woman would become pregnant. Sounds nuts, but that's what a purposeless universe would be like.

Now, this is evidence that we live in a purposeful universe


phpBB [video]

"I say only a fool would blindly believe that one species can magically turn into another species without repeatable, observable, scientific experiments to back up such a wild claim!" - RJRanald22

User avatar
Poodle
True Skeptic
Posts: 10798
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by Poodle » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:34 pm

RJRanald22 wrote:... How atheists can be so certain we live in a purposeless universe is beyond me. If this were so sperm would purposelessly swim anywhere and it would be a random chance accident that a sperm would ever 'just so happen' to swim into an egg cell BY MISTAKE ...
Indeed. And here you are.

(Edited to put the endquote stuff in)
Last edited by Poodle on Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23698
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:36 pm

Poodle wrote: Indeed. And here you are.
Are you claiming that Mr. CopiedFromCigarettePackage has evolved?

Are you serious? I want REAL EVIDENCE! That's no evidence!
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
RJRanald22
BANNED
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:41 pm
Custom Title: All Possibilities Considered

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by RJRanald22 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:36 pm

RJRanald22 wrote:Supposedly, after millions of years, life forms are supposed to "evolve" into higher forms. So, why exactly haven't these presented plants and creatures evolved at all?


phpBB [video]
Unless they are lying, it seems clear enough to me there are MANY species presented here that have not "evolved" at all in millions upon millions of years. This seems to be evidence that the evolution THEORY (not fact) is indeed flawed!

I don't remember that Darwin taught only SOME species evolve, right? ALL SPECIES supposedly evolve. So, how do you account for the fact that, apparently, none of these presented species have evolved AT ALL in millions upon millions of years?
Last edited by RJRanald22 on Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I say only a fool would blindly believe that one species can magically turn into another species without repeatable, observable, scientific experiments to back up such a wild claim!" - RJRanald22

User avatar
Poodle
True Skeptic
Posts: 10798
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by Poodle » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:39 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Poodle wrote: Indeed. And here you are.
Are you claiming that Mr. CopiedFromCigarettePackage has evolved?

Are you serious? I want REAL EVIDENCE! That's no evidence!
:lol:

... but it was more the BY MISTAKE I was getting at.

User avatar
Poodle
True Skeptic
Posts: 10798
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by Poodle » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:48 pm

RJRanald22 wrote: ... I don't remember that Darwin taught only SOME species evolve, right? ALL SPECIES supposedly evolve. So, how do you account for the fact that, apparently, none of these presented species have evolved AT ALL in millions upon millions of years?
Hi - remember me? I should be easier than you remembering Darwin. Would you like to point out to me the evidence that those things HAVEN'T changed? I mean, you know, the entire DNA sequence of an archaic fern compared with the entire DNA sequence of a modern fern?

C'mon - REAL evidence that they haven't changed, you know? And tell me where that guy bought his qualifications - I'd like some more too. Two PhDs and a half dozen Masters. Yeah - right - way to go!

User avatar
Hex
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1136
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:26 pm
Custom Title: mi malam ciuj el vi
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by Hex » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:40 pm

RJRanald22 wrote:Supposedly, after millions of years, life forms are supposed to "evolve" into higher forms.
See this doesn't even make sense in an evolutionary sense. Saying that things evolve into higher forms is making the subtle suggestion that evolution has a goal. Evolution does not have a goal, there is no such thing as a "higher" species. It is these fundamental misunderstandings- about evolution- that makes it so confusing to you.

Also the fact that you have made many other errors in what you think evolution is and ignoring anything that will shatter your illusions, makes talking to you either an exercise in futility or a way to have a little fun and kill some time.
Spoiler:
  TOYNBEE IDEA
IN KUBRICK'S 2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER
 


User avatar
RJRanald22
BANNED
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:41 pm
Custom Title: All Possibilities Considered

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by RJRanald22 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:26 pm

Hex wrote:
RJRanald22 wrote:Supposedly, after millions of years, life forms are supposed to "evolve" into higher forms.
See this doesn't even make sense in an evolutionary sense. Saying that things evolve into higher forms is making the subtle suggestion that evolution has a goal. Evolution does not have a goal, there is no such thing as a "higher" species. It is these fundamental misunderstandings- about evolution- that makes it so confusing to you.

Also the fact that you have made many other errors in what you think evolution is and ignoring anything that will shatter your illusions, makes talking to you either an exercise in futility or a way to have a little fun and kill some time.
You are not basing your OPINION on reality. If evolution has no goal it means life has no goal. Reality does not back you up for it is OBVIOUS that sperm have a goal and the union of sperm and egg are the very core of what life is all about!

So, if sperm have a goal then it is logical to conclude that life has a goal. It is my understanding that the whole THEORY (not fact) of evolution is based on the blind faith assumption that we have all EVOLVED from lower organisms; from the 'primordial ooze' of some disgusting, and probably, extremely bad smelling slime pit. If evolution is true sedimentary rock, worldwide, should be FILLED with transitional fossils.

TRANSITIONAL FOSSILS SHOULD BE EVERYWHERE AND, SUPPOSEDLY, THEY ARE NOT!!


phpBB [video]

"I say only a fool would blindly believe that one species can magically turn into another species without repeatable, observable, scientific experiments to back up such a wild claim!" - RJRanald22

User avatar
RJRanald22
BANNED
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:41 pm
Custom Title: All Possibilities Considered

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by RJRanald22 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:30 pm

Poodle wrote:
RJRanald22 wrote: ... I don't remember that Darwin taught only SOME species evolve, right? ALL SPECIES supposedly evolve. So, how do you account for the fact that, apparently, none of these presented species have evolved AT ALL in millions upon millions of years?
Hi - remember me? I should be easier than you remembering Darwin. Would you like to point out to me the evidence that those things HAVEN'T changed? I mean, you know, the entire DNA sequence of an archaic fern compared with the entire DNA sequence of a modern fern?

C'mon - REAL evidence that they haven't changed, you know? And tell me where that guy bought his qualifications - I'd like some more too. Two PhDs and a half dozen Masters. Yeah - right - way to go!
Well, they say they are identical, but I wouldn't put it past humans to lie about ANYTHING in order to push some hidden agenda. Oh yes, humans are indeed the type to do so; and more than 'low' enough!


phpBB [video]

"I say only a fool would blindly believe that one species can magically turn into another species without repeatable, observable, scientific experiments to back up such a wild claim!" - RJRanald22

User avatar
RJRanald22
BANNED
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:41 pm
Custom Title: All Possibilities Considered

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by RJRanald22 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:38 pm

I've watched this video over and over and over and over and have gathered quite a bit of information from it. However, unlike you science brainwashed atheists, I am always ready to find I am incorrect about ANYTHING I currently believe. I do not lock myself into ANY belief system. So, if I eventually find this man is incorrect about EVERYTHING he believes I am ready!

In contrast, you blind faith in science believing atheists are NOT READY to find you are wrong about ANY of your set in proverbial stone beliefs. In this we are very unlike for my beliefs are fluid and always ready to be changed while YOUR beliefs are set in proverbial stone! Your minds will most probably be ripped apart if you find you are wrong; torn to proverbial shreds with your hero Richard Dawkins being taken away in a straight-jacket! I won't cry so much as a tear!


phpBB [video]

"I say only a fool would blindly believe that one species can magically turn into another species without repeatable, observable, scientific experiments to back up such a wild claim!" - RJRanald22

User avatar
Poodle
True Skeptic
Posts: 10798
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by Poodle » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:39 pm

Oooh - this is interesting.

Who (as in Who) says what (as in What) is identical?

And these humans of whom you speak - are they like you?

User avatar
TJrandom
Has No Life
Posts: 11782
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Custom Title: Salt of the earth
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by TJrandom » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:43 pm

RJRanald22 wrote:... I am always ready to find I am incorrect about ANYTHING I currently believe. I do not lock myself into ANY belief system. ...
Sooo - you aren`t a Christian - no faith. That is cool.

User avatar
RJRanald22
BANNED
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:41 pm
Custom Title: All Possibilities Considered

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by RJRanald22 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:43 pm

BLIND FAITH IN SCIENCE ATHEISTS BLINDLY BELIEVE

IT'S EITHER EVOLUTION OR CREATIONISM; EITHER BLACK OR WHITE

THEY LIVE IN A PROVERBIAL BLACK OR WHITE REALITY

THEY ARE TOO 'PRIMITIVE' TO REALIZE THAT REALITY IS MADE UP OF

INFINITE SHADES OF MANY DIFFERENT RAINBOW COLORS!


"I say only a fool would blindly believe that one species can magically turn into another species without repeatable, observable, scientific experiments to back up such a wild claim!" - RJRanald22

User avatar
RJRanald22
BANNED
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:41 pm
Custom Title: All Possibilities Considered

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by RJRanald22 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:46 pm

Poodle wrote:Oooh - this is interesting.

Who (as in Who) says what (as in What) is identical?

And these humans of whom you speak - are they like you?
I assume the humans are just like me in that the sperm that brought them into existence had an obvious goal. They EVOLVED from the union of sperm and egg cell and grew from a lower organism into an apparently higher one

"I say only a fool would blindly believe that one species can magically turn into another species without repeatable, observable, scientific experiments to back up such a wild claim!" - RJRanald22

User avatar
RJRanald22
BANNED
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:41 pm
Custom Title: All Possibilities Considered

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by RJRanald22 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:49 pm

TJrandom wrote:
RJRanald22 wrote:... I am always ready to find I am incorrect about ANYTHING I currently believe. I do not lock myself into ANY belief system. ...
Sooo - you aren`t a Christian - no faith. That is cool.
There is much evidence that religions were created as an early form of mind-control of the masses. This video is very...Illuminating:


phpBB [video]

"I say only a fool would blindly believe that one species can magically turn into another species without repeatable, observable, scientific experiments to back up such a wild claim!" - RJRanald22

User avatar
TJrandom
Has No Life
Posts: 11782
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Custom Title: Salt of the earth
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by TJrandom » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:50 pm

RJRanald22 wrote:BLIND FAITH IN SCIENCE ATHEISTS BLINDLY BELIEVE

IT'S EITHER EVOLUTION OR CREATIONISM; EITHER BLACK OR WHITE

THEY LIVE IN A PROVERBIAL BLACK OR WHITE REALITY

THEY ARE TOO 'PRIMITIVE' TO REALIZE THAT REALITY IS MADE UP OF

INFINITE SHADES OF MANY DIFFERENT RAINBOW COLORS!

RJR – your posts have evolved – you weren`t using bold red caps as much as you did earlier. But now it is back. What gives? I do hope it isn`t a reflection of your stress level. But surely intelligent design deserves better – maybe a few more rainbow colors and even larger fonts? Maybe italicized bold?

User avatar
Poodle
True Skeptic
Posts: 10798
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Post-bloom
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by Poodle » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:54 pm

It isn't really illuminating. You know that.

Tell me you know that. It will relieve me of the overwhelming urge to call the US embassy.

(Ah - the irony of someone telling us in red that it's either black or white :lol: ).

User avatar
RJRanald22
BANNED
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:41 pm
Custom Title: All Possibilities Considered

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by RJRanald22 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:56 pm

With the NSA probably having every phone call Michael Shermer has ever made ready to use to blackmail him I wouldn't be at all surprised if Shermer is the paid debunking 'bitch' of the government; along with most prominent scientists who will go along with the agenda of their masters...OR ELSE!!!

"I say only a fool would blindly believe that one species can magically turn into another species without repeatable, observable, scientific experiments to back up such a wild claim!" - RJRanald22

User avatar
Hex
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1136
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:26 pm
Custom Title: mi malam ciuj el vi
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by Hex » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:56 pm

RJRanald22 wrote:
Hex wrote:
RJRanald22 wrote:Supposedly, after millions of years, life forms are supposed to "evolve" into higher forms.
See this doesn't even make sense in an evolutionary sense. Saying that things evolve into higher forms is making the subtle suggestion that evolution has a goal. Evolution does not have a goal, there is no such thing as a "higher" species. It is these fundamental misunderstandings- about evolution- that makes it so confusing to you.
You are confusing the terms "goal" and "process". What you describe is a process not a goal.

Like I said you have little understanding of evolution, then wallow in your ignorance and claim to be smarter than those that study it for a living.

Edit: Ugh somehow the quotes got messed up, can't be arsed to fix it.
Spoiler:
  TOYNBEE IDEA
IN KUBRICK'S 2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER
 


User avatar
RJRanald22
BANNED
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:41 pm
Custom Title: All Possibilities Considered

Re: A Fair Enough Request About Evolution

Post by RJRanald22 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:06 pm

Hex wrote:
RJRanald22 wrote:
Hex wrote:
RJRanald22 wrote:Supposedly, after millions of years, life forms are supposed to "evolve" into higher forms.
See this doesn't even make sense in an evolutionary sense. Saying that things evolve into higher forms is making the subtle suggestion that evolution has a goal. Evolution does not have a goal, there is no such thing as a "higher" species. It is these fundamental misunderstandings- about evolution- that makes it so confusing to you.
You are confusing the terms "goal" and "process". What you describe is a process not a goal.

Like I said you have little understanding of evolution, then wallow in your ignorance and claim to be smarter than those that study it for a living.

Edit: Ugh somehow the quotes got messed up, can't be arsed to fix it.
Is it possible to achieve ANY GOAL without using some sort of "process"?

Give me an example of how YOU would do this in your life. How would YOU achieve any goal without using some sort of "process"

"I say only a fool would blindly believe that one species can magically turn into another species without repeatable, observable, scientific experiments to back up such a wild claim!" - RJRanald22