9/11 suspects

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
khahus

9/11 suspects

Post by khahus » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:03 am

Hi,

I could not find the answers to this anywhere. Luis Farakhan after 9/11 asked, Where and how did they get pictures of the 9/11 suspects so quickly?

And also, why were most of the photos mug shots

octopus1
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: Deep Sea Mollusk

Re: 9/11 suspects

Post by octopus1 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:05 pm

khahus wrote:Hi,

I could not find the answers to this anywhere. Luis Farakhan after 9/11 asked, Where and how did they get pictures of the 9/11 suspects so quickly?

I'm sure someone will answer your question far better than I can, but I am a little concerned about the "mugshot" issue...

Are you sure they weren't just standard passport or ID photos?
"On the fence".... Without a cushion....

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Post by Aztexan » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:27 pm

Duh. When the Bush Administration asked for volunteers to attack America, they asked all potential candidates to submit their photos beforehand.
trump is Putin's bitch

octopus1
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by octopus1 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:36 pm

Aztexan wrote:Duh. When the Bush Administration asked for volunteers to attack America, they asked all potential candidates to submit their photos beforehand.
:nownow:

Let's not be rude ;)

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Post by Aztexan » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:42 pm

:pardon:
trump is Putin's bitch

kennyc
Has No Life
Custom Title: The Dank Side of the Moon

Post by kennyc » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:44 pm

octopus1 wrote:
Aztexan wrote:Duh. When the Bush Administration asked for volunteers to attack America, they asked all potential candidates to submit their photos beforehand.

Let's not be rude ;)

Well, it's really a bit dumb to bring up and the answer is quite straightforward. You answered it yourself. A reasonable answer that anyone would come to. The only other reason to bring it up is to stir the BS.

Sorry, I really don't tolerate trolls well at all and that's clearly what this O.P. is about.
Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Gallery - Photo Gallery - Writing&Poetry - The Bleeding Edge
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama

octopus1
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by octopus1 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:55 pm

kennyc wrote:
octopus1 wrote:

Let's not be rude ;)

Well, it's really a bit dumb to bring up and the answer is quite straightforward. You answered it yourself. A reasonable answer that anyone would come to. The only other reason to bring it up is to stir the BS.

Sorry, I really don't tolerate trolls well at all and that's clearly what this O.P. is about.
Fair point.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:04 am

octopus1 wrote:
khahus wrote:Hi,

I'm sure someone will answer your question far better than I can, but I am a little concerned about the "mugshot" issue...

Are you sure they weren't just standard passport or ID photos?
It seems they all were in the US legally and on visas for some time prior to the attacks (arrived from January 2000 to early and mid 2001). The pictures might have been readily available once they got the names from the flight(s) information?
Lard, save me from your followers.

khahus

Post by khahus » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:02 pm

I ask the question because the other questions posed by conspiracy theorists have detailed responses. The response to this I could not find - hence I've come to sceptics forum.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: prostrate spurge

Post by Gord » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:01 pm

I'll bet there's more than one answer, since there's more than one way a photo might be needed. Some might be mug shots, some might be from investigations, some from foreign sources, and some of course from passports. Some could be from driver's licenses. What about flight licenses -- do they require photos? I don't know.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Post by OlegTheBatty » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:11 pm

Mug shots would mean they had been arrested for something, for which there would be a record. I don't recall reading that any of them had been arrested for anything.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

.......................Doesn't matter how often I'm proved wrong.................... ~ bobbo the pragmatist

octopus1
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by octopus1 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:16 pm

I'm also (late to the party here, perhaps) a little curious about why there are two apparently separate threads on the issue of something that happened 13 years and a month ago.

Hardly impeccable timing. Unless 13 years and 13 months is somehow... "significant"...?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:43 pm

octopus1 wrote:I'm also (late to the party here, perhaps) a little curious about why there are two apparently separate threads on the issue of something that happened 13 years and a month ago.
I think the reasons are related to the recent changes at JREF. Firstly, some JREF members may have considered other forums, like here, when there was a possibility that forum may end. Secondly, the skeptical boys & girls at JREF, who counter 9/11 claims are extremely knowledgeable and good debaters, and thus some conspiracy followers are showing their old wares here, to escape hard questions on that forum.

I read but do not participate in the JREF 9/11 forum simply because I get free lectures and citations concerning obscure aspects of aircraft, radar and structural issues. Our forum members have some unique skills. JREF forum members have some unique skills.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: prostrate spurge

Post by Gord » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:49 pm

I can fit three pool balls in my
Spoiler:
mouth.
Spoiler:
:? What did you THINK I was going to say?!
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Post by OlegTheBatty » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:22 pm

Gord wrote:I can fit three pool balls in my
Spoiler:
mouth.
Spoiler:
:? What did you THINK I was going to say?!
Spoiler:
Sock Drawer.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

.......................Doesn't matter how often I'm proved wrong.................... ~ bobbo the pragmatist

kennyc
Has No Life
Custom Title: The Dank Side of the Moon

Post by kennyc » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:46 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
octopus1 wrote:I'm also (late to the party here, perhaps) a little curious about why there are two apparently separate threads on the issue of something that happened 13 years and a month ago.
I think the reasons are related to the recent changes at JREF. Firstly, some JREF members may have considered other forums, like here, when there was a possibility that forum may end. Secondly, the skeptical boys & girls at JREF, who counter 9/11 claims are extremely knowledgeable and good debaters, and thus some conspiracy followers are showing their old wares here, to escape hard questions on that forum.

I read but do not participate in the JREF 9/11 forum simply because I get free lectures and citations concerning obscure aspects of aircraft, radar and structural issues. Our forum members have some unique skills. JREF forum members have some unique skills.
[ytube][/ytube]
Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Gallery - Photo Gallery - Writing&Poetry - The Bleeding Edge
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama