Is it cheating?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Alexander941
Regular Poster
Custom Title: sublime God Emperor

Is it cheating?

Post by Alexander941 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:11 pm

Question: what would you guys (male) do if you would find out that your Wife or gf is cheating on you, but not with another man but with a woman?

Would you consider this as cheating?

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Re: Is it cheating?

Post by Monster » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:12 pm

Alexander941 wrote:Question: what would you guys (male) do if you would find out that your Wife or gf is cheating on you, but not with another man but with a woman?

Yes.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Post by OlegTheBatty » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:27 pm

Alexander941 wrote:Question: what would you guys (male) do if you would find out that your Wife or gf is cheating on you, but not with another man but with a woman?

Maybe yes, maybe no. I don't take monogamy as a default. Depends on the partnership agreement. I'm fine with polyamory.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

.......................Doesn't matter how often I'm proved wrong.................... ~ bobbo the pragmatist

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Post by Aztexan » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:50 pm

My wife and I have talked about this. She has a friend she finds attractive and fantasizes about being with her at times. While I am not opposed to my wife sleeping with another woman, I can promise her that I will never sleep with another man. My only stipulation is that she let me know ahead of time and not do it behind my back. She has even said that she has thought of bringing her to bed for both of us, but I'm not going to fall into that trap. Of course I would do it if the opportunity presented itself but I'm not going to show my excitement when she talks about it. I know that can lead to a big fight. So for now, it's just a fantasy of hers, not mine.
But yes, I would consider it cheating. However, I would leave her if it was another man and would be ok or a lot less hurt if it was another woman.
trump is Putin's bitch

Alexander941
Regular Poster

Post by Alexander941 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:26 pm

Interesting!
Why are we (the general public, in this case) less offended by two women making out (not even questioning their sexuality) than by two men?

Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts

Post by Flash » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:59 pm

Interesting...but how about bestiality? Is making out with a sheep a ground for divorce?
When I feel like exercising, I just lie down until the feeling goes away. Paul Terry

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:12 am

I had a gf that liked threesomes, but it was "touch-me-not", if you know what I mean. One day she gave in and went with the flow of the event. After that she went more and more into the lesbian mindset. I didn't mind losing her as she'd introduced me to a few dozen interesting ladies.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Rob Lister
Frequent Poster
Custom Title: Spline Reticulator

Post by Rob Lister » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:52 am

Alexander941 wrote:Interesting!
Why are we (the general public, in this case) less offended by two women making out (not even questioning their sexuality) than by two men?
Because one is hot and the other is icky.

Seems pretty obvious.
Skeptic much? Sure you do.
http://www.skepticalcommunity.com/forum ... ive_topics" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Post by Aztexan » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:15 am

Flash wrote:Interesting...but how about bestiality? Is making out with a sheep a ground for divorce?
Is the sheep ugly?
trump is Putin's bitch

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Post by Aztexan » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:18 am

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:I had a gf that liked threesomes, but it was "touch-me-not", if you know what I mean. One day she gave in and went with the flow of the event. After that she went more and more into the lesbian mindset. I didn't mind losing her as she'd introduced me to a few dozen interesting ladies.
I've never made a lesbian switch back to men. I think I may have made a couple of straight women go lesbian, though. I'm not sure but it was a fun ride while I lasted.
trump is Putin's bitch

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:45 am

Frankly, I just can't see how people find time to have an affair, although I understand millions of people do have affairs.

As for having mindless sex outside the relationship, that is a personal choice "agreement" that two people should make when they first form their relationship. I know it's not very romantic but I believe it reduces "hurt from surprise" later down the track.

I know blokes who are happily married to prostitutes. A bloke who is married to a paraplegic. A married couple who have an agreement simply not to have children outside of the partnership. I know lots of gay boys who have open relationships.

I feel sympathy for people who enter into casual open relationships and then fall in love with their partners. Life can be very messy. I prefer to avoid messes. I think "The Ice Storm" (1997) and "Sunday Bloody Sunday" (1971) movies are the best dramatisations of this sort of problem.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:04 pm

I liked recreational sex when I wasn't in a serious relationship. "{!#%@} buddies", I think, is the current term? If I was in a relationship I never went outside it, ever. Threesomes don't count because my lady was involved.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:43 am

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:I liked recreational sex when I wasn't in a serious relationship. "{!#%@} buddies", I think, is the current term?
It's sort of funny, I can't do that. My parents were incredibly strict on teaching us manners. I'd sort of be apologising all the time. "You wouldn't mind if I stuck this in there? That's very kind of you. Gosh, you wouldn't mind flipping over would you?" .

Some people can just "switch off" and revert to basic animal behaviour. Generally all my one night stands have been alcohol fuelled. That's probably not a good thing.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Post by Major Malfunction » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:52 am

As a confirmed bachelor, I only have {!#%@} buddies, friends with benefits, or girlfriends. I love women, but I can't stand living with them. I need my space.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

SweetPea
Has No Life
Custom Title: Too Cute

Post by SweetPea » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:27 am

Aztexan wrote:
Flash wrote:Interesting...but how about bestiality? Is making out with a sheep a ground for divorce?
Is the sheep ugly?
Yeah, really baaaaad.
How do the Deniers get so lucky?
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24129" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SweetPea
Has No Life

Post by SweetPea » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:39 pm

Like you've never done mutt on yer bed.
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24129" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SweetPea
Has No Life

Post by SweetPea » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:42 pm

Tell her: "Sheep, you're so ovine"

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:46 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:I liked recreational sex when I wasn't in a serious relationship. "{!#%@} buddies", I think, is the current term?
It's sort of funny, I can't do that. My parents were incredibly strict on teaching us manners. I'd sort of be apologising all the time. "You wouldn't mind if I stuck this in there? That's very kind of you. Gosh, you wouldn't mind flipping over would you?" .

Some people can just "switch off" and revert to basic animal behaviour. Generally all my one night stands have been alcohol fuelled. That's probably not a good thing.
I was never rude. My {!#%@} buddies were regulars.

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Post by Major Malfunction » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:13 pm

Exactly, Gawd.

I'm sure there are people who enjoy the "animalistic" thing. Just {!#%@} a random stranger in the bushes and going on your merry way like nothing ever happened. Like dogs. In fact, it's called "Dogging" and there are ways to meet like-minded people. If that's your thing.

I prefer the whole wining, dining, dancing, seduction, making passionate love, falling asleep in each other's arms, waking up and doing it again, a languorous lie-in pillow-talking, a late brunch at a cafe, a country drive and a stroll, back home for an afternooner, a kiss and a hug, and a promise to do it all over again next weekend, with variations. Or an evening during the week after work. Or lunch hour. Whatever works.

I've always loved the lady I'm lying with. As tenderly as any lover. Even if I met her only 10 minutes ago and handed her a wad of cash.

I don't "have sex", I make love. I'm a Lover. With a capital L.

If you want repeat business, you provide exceptional service. Capitalism 101.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:27 pm

I knew a gal in Miami who didn't like doing the same guy twice. She was very attractive and had no problem getting guys for one-nighters. I didn't care for her much as a person. (And yes, I took my turn when it came up.)

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Post by Major Malfunction » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:59 pm

A customer is a customer.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:37 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:I prefer the whole wining, dining, dancing, seduction, making passionate love, falling asleep in each other's arms, waking up and doing it again, a languorous lie-in pillow-talking, a late brunch at a cafe, a country drive and a stroll, back home for an afternooner, a kiss and a hug, and a promise to do it all over again next weekend, with variations. Or an evening during the week after work. Or lunch hour. Whatever works.
I'm the same. What I think is funny is I still got "butterflies in my stomach" asking girls out when I was 40. The anxiety never went away.

As I have been in the same relationship for more than ten years. We still make an effort to have "date nights" once a week and go away together every couple on months. We are one of those older couples who still hold hands in public. I still consciously think, before I open my mouth, so as to keep the relationship as happy as possible.

My father, a psychiatrist, gave me some good advice when I was young. "Never bother to analyse why other people go out with each other, because you're always an outsider". I stick to that rule.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:31 am

I used to go up to women and say "Let's go to my place and {!#%@} like bunnies." Worked about one time in six, good enough that I didn't go home alone unless I wanted to.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:57 am

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:I used to go up to women and say "Let's go to my place and {!#%@} like bunnies." Worked about one time in six, good enough that I didn't go home alone unless I wanted to.
I imagine, in the services, you didn't get much time for "wooing a girl" plus you had a ship full of blokes standing behind you ready to try their own lines anyway. I imagine it is our different lifestyles that demands different approaches.

If you were an accountant, living a nice sedated "9 to 5" lifestyle, perhaps you would be more the Cyrano de Bergerac, and less the Odysseus returning to the arms of Penelope after 20 years of war.

My own father was military. I grew up overseas. My father's solution was to take the whole family with him.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:16 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:I used to go up to women and say "Let's go to my place and {!#%@} like bunnies." Worked about one time in six, good enough that I didn't go home alone unless I wanted to.
I imagine, in the services, you didn't get much time for "wooing a girl" plus you had a ship full of blokes standing behind you ready to try their own lines anyway. I imagine it is our different lifestyles that demands different approaches.
"A man with a strong right hand never has to be desperate."
If you were an accountant, living a nice sedated "9 to 5" lifestyle, perhaps you would be more the Cyrano de Bergerac, and less the Odysseus returning to the arms of Penelope after 20 years of war.

My own father was military. I grew up overseas. My father's solution was to take the whole family with him.
Did you enjoy your travels? Where were you stationed?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:56 am

Gawdzilla Sama wrote: Where were you stationed?
Vienna, Munich, Sydney
Butterworth, Kaula Lumpur, Hong Kong, Sydney
Vienna, Bangkok, Butterworth, Sydney
Butterworth, Hong Kong, Sydney
Trivandrum (India), Sydney.

My parents were "sans family" in Vietnam, Moscow and Berlin. We were sent home under the care of RAAF "nannies" and commercial babysitters. ( Including our Amar who was given a passport for good work)

Dad was detoxing officers with drug and alcohol addictions, for Commonwealth services and civilians. He speciality was keeping them working while they were detoxing. The Commonwealth uses "non related colonials" for private medical matters for senior officers, for confidentiality reasons.

He detoxed a senior RN officer who was drunk for ten years, but was in a valuable position. The bloke quit anyway as he said he never heard his mates talk when sober before and he now hated them. "Whoops"

My sister & I were in Trivandrum and my parents were in Dehli working. A very mad Englishman turned up at our home in Trivandrum and cried rolling on the floor for a day . My sister rang my parents from the local Indian post office. That was my first encounter with "men under enormous stress, losing it".

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:30 am

Sounds like "fun".

Alexander941
Regular Poster

Post by Alexander941 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:27 pm

He detoxed a senior RN officer who was drunk for ten years, but was in a valuable position. The bloke quit anyway as he said he never heard his mates talk when sober before and he now hated them. "Whoops"
Some people are only bearable if you are on drugs ;-)

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:10 pm

Alexander941 wrote:
"Some people are only bearable if you are on drugs ;-) " William Claude Dukenfield
ftfy

Alexander941
Regular Poster

Post by Alexander941 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:23 pm

At first he looked like the guy from that american show, honey mooners.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:25 pm

Alexander941 wrote:At first he looked like the guy from that american show, honey mooners.
Jackie Gleason?

Alexander941
Regular Poster

Post by Alexander941 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:38 pm

Yes, thats him, he somwhow looks like John Goodman.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:54 pm

Alexander941 wrote:Yes, thats him, he somwhow looks like John Goodman.
Vice versa, actually.

Austin Harper
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk

Post by Austin Harper » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:00 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:I don't "have sex", I make love. I'm a Lover. With a capital L.
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

basti

Post by basti » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:19 am

I know it sounds... I don't know, neanderthalish, but I would be less hurt, if she cheated me with a girl. I don't know, it's probably a guy thing and if you think about it, very hypocritical.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: prostrate spurge

Post by Gord » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:38 pm

She's much less likely to get pregnant, cheating on you with a girl. It reduces the feeling of her being "contaminated" somehow.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Cadmusteeth
Frequent Poster

Post by Cadmusteeth » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:50 pm

To put it simply, yes, it would still be considered cheating. Not sure why the gender of the other person you're seeing should make it an exception.

Cadmusteeth
Frequent Poster

Post by Cadmusteeth » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:06 pm

basti wrote:I know it sounds... I don't know, neanderthalish, but I would be less hurt, if she cheated me with a girl. I don't know, it's probably a guy thing and if you think about it, very hypocritical.
Sounds about right.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: prostrate spurge

Post by Gord » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:58 pm

Cadmusteeth wrote:

To put it simply, yes, it would still be considered cheating. Not sure why the gender of the other person you're seeing should make it an exception.
What about species? Genus? Family? Order? Class? Phylum? Kingdom? Domain? Mineral? Sex toy? Plain ol' masturbation?

I think we all draw the lines in different places, and those lines can shift when we think about it differently, or as we grow older, or the more beer we consume.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:42 pm

I think it's very often not the physical but the emotional cheating/betrayal that hurts the most. In general.

But as to the topic, besides guys liking girls anyway, I'd think they're not seen as the competition as a man would?

(And someone probably already said that...)
Lard, save me from your followers.