Communism today

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
nmblum88
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8137
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: Communism today

Post by nmblum88 » Wed May 07, 2014 5:34 pm

"]fromthehills wrote:
Yes, he (Ludvig) does make it quite clear.

And given the current state of affairs, his understanding isn't wrong, either
.

Flash:
You wouldn't know because your understanding of the East European history is almost nil and very much dependent on your official propaganda.
Sorry to be so late in responding to this…. it is now probably an ancient issue, the matter having progressed (and wildly) well beyond.
But it has been rolling around in what is probably (and so referred to by the estimable and infallible Matthew) my "stupid" (as in obtuse and stubborn to self-appointed authority) brain.
So!!
How Flash, as a reasonable and responsible participant to a discussion do you KNOW (not suspect or ask about) WHAT the writer understands about the history involved and where his comments come from?
I can read, and it seems to me s/he hasn't even opened his mouth yet.
Why don't I (other than being stupid) know what s/he has in mind?
It is certainly possible, even probable that s/he is propaganda influenced and has come to faulty (by your lights) conclusions about what has turned so eerily explosive in the former Soviet States.
But less informed than anyone else who feels free to speak here?
Doubtful… the crew is much too motley and too suspect of hysteria for such an absolute judgement (to me).
How have you arrived at such certainty without EVIDENCE?

This is hardly to defend the point of view with which I don't agree.
But only to ask how credentials for opinions are assessed here, and in this case by you.
I have no idea what anybody knows or doesn't now until they actually respond to a direct question or reveal themselves in conversation…
And that hasn't happened here YET…
FTH
These aren't guys selling novelty teeshirts, these are guys beating up, nearly to death, anyone that doesn't seem Russian enough. I don't know if this is communist, or just plain chauvinist [the correct definition] Whatever it is, it's ethically not defendable. I'm sure it's not all Russians. I'm also sure it's not just 20 people on an internet forum
.
Oh how fair and square you are in evaluating the situation in Eastern Europe. "I am sure it's not all Russians" . You almost had to add this to show how even handed you are almost by default, because you are such even handed American.
LOL… very funny… operatic actually…
But unfortunately less germane to the subject at hand than even the (very American and thus worthy of scorn) even handedness.
(WHAT? From a tacit warrior of the Cold War?)
C'mon…. the United States is the Evil Empire, no doubt, but can you really dismiss all comments about what is really a serious foreign policy dilemma (not to mention following the money) to a poster's response that doesn't really fit your pre-conceived conception?
Although I do appreciate that you are trying to mock the poor victim to death rather than calling him "stupid!!"
Or a moron.
Or telling him to go away and never speak out again.
Which is the accepted way here.


The ethnic conflicts are not pretty anywhere and we shouldn't support either side yet the NATO and the EU have been doing their damnedest to start an ethnic conflict there for a long time. The money, the agents the {!#%@} vice-president of the good old USA, the chief of CIA Brennan, the Polish and the German foreign ministers, and the billions of dollars and many, many agents all went to the Ukraine to cause this {!#%@} using the useful idiots in the shape of extreme nationalists and the neoNazis, the intellectual descendants of the ones who cooperated with the Hitlerites during the WWII.

The most desirable scenario for the US administration and the EU is the bloody conflict between the Ukrainians and the Russians. No wonder Russia is panicking. They had NATO encircling Russia since the fall of the Soviet Union, just look at the maps of the Eastern Europe before 1990 and now. They tried to attack Russia from the south by giving the Georgian and Armenian strongman free tanks and artillery pieces and a bit of training. The American bases now extend throughout the central Asia. And Obama just made a trip to the far East trying to convince China to {!#%@} Russia.

The West has succeeded in making Arabs kill Arabs on a big scale now they think it's the time for the East Europeans. There is no limit to what the Western money and power can buy not even a homicidal war in the Ukraine and the ultimate goal of the destruction of Russia.

However, our political and military masters are playing a dangerous game . I am afraid that in the light of their many successes their well displayed self confidence and arrogance will lead them to the brink, just like it did the monarchs of the pre-WWI .The {!#%@} arogant aristocratic eggheads assumed that they could win an unwinnable war that quite unintentionally turned into the real apocalypse. And now, the ruler's propaganda is trying to convince us that it's been too good for so long ,it's time to have a global thermonuclear war to end all thermonuclear wars, for ever. Look, we are going to win this one for sure, eh.
It wasn't my intention to do more than ask a question related to how and why one decides who in this Forum, this thread, knows what and how, unless it is clearly offered up front…. as in "having spent time in the Ukraine , and speaking the language, my considered opinion is……."
But having read your evaluation, yeah….much of this is true, or at least politically valid. (to me),
Some of it is overkill…hyperbole, or inapt (again, to ME).
And some it is is (forgive me for what is a mildly educated opinion) over-simplification.
But none of it is productive (and believe me I know because I do similarly indulge myself) productive for changing anyone's mind about what is at best and worst an extremely murky dilemma given the fatally toxic mix of ethnicity, jingoism, money, and yes, the most easily ignitable fuel of all… religion…

NMB
Last edited by nmblum88 on Thu May 08, 2014 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skepticism:
" Norma, you poor sad lonely alcoholic. You entire life is devoted to interrupting other people's posts on this forum, regardless of the topic, to tell them what's wrong with them. The irony is, here you are doing it again, with this very post.
Your fanciful card games, movie sojourns and exciting overseas trips, that all take place within the four walls of an aged care retirement home, do not suggest your own children offered you the care, I gave my parents."

nmblum88
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8137
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: Communism today

Post by nmblum88 » Wed May 07, 2014 5:39 pm

And just for either fun .
Or a serious look into a not quite Western culture:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rCEVktDZfw


NMB
Skepticism:
" Norma, you poor sad lonely alcoholic. You entire life is devoted to interrupting other people's posts on this forum, regardless of the topic, to tell them what's wrong with them. The irony is, here you are doing it again, with this very post.
Your fanciful card games, movie sojourns and exciting overseas trips, that all take place within the four walls of an aged care retirement home, do not suggest your own children offered you the care, I gave my parents."

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Communism today

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed May 07, 2014 11:50 pm

nmblum wrote: much, I suppose like the tirades that had marked your behavior and perhaps your troubled life from infancy.
I didn't have a troubled life since infancy. You are projecting your low self esteem.
:D
nmblum wrote:But you should be careful, and try to contain your infantile rages….
I'm not having an infantile rage. I corrected your false claim about Russia not been industrialised, on a Skeptic forum. You are spitting the dummy.
:D
nmblum wrote:However, if you can't… well, you just keep it up: stamp your foot, swallow your tongue, turn blue, if that's what you are determined to do.
I discussed dachas in my post. In this post you are only talking about me. The irony is hilarious....whooosh right over your head.....
nmblum wrote:Because there is no way that I can be convinced.....
I don't care what you think. I think you are really stupid. You are a bored housewife seeking attention on a science forum. My cat knows more than you do.
:D
nmblum wrote:You could certainly hire someone of even lesser stature and principle that yourself, to bury an ice -axe in my skull.
I assume some other person who had to read your posts, did this years ago. It would explain a lot.
:D
nmblum wrote:Norma Manna Blum

NMB
Are you drunk again? You are signing your name twice which is the normal indicator.
:D

User avatar
kennyc
Has No Life
Posts: 12436
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:21 am
Custom Title: The Dank Side of the Moon
Location: Denver, CO

Re: Communism today

Post by kennyc » Wed May 07, 2014 11:55 pm

:roll: yep....they must have released her again.... :roll:
Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Gallery - Photo Gallery - Writing&Poetry - The Bleeding Edge
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Communism today

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu May 08, 2014 12:00 am

Norma give her "important" opinion but doesn't include one fact
nmblum wrote:Sorry to be so late in responding to this…. it is now probably an ancient issue, the matter have progressed (and wildly) well beyond. But it has been rolling around in what is probably (and so referred to by the estimable and infallible Matthew) my "stupid" (as in obtuse and stubborn to self-appointed authority) brain. So!! How Flash, as a reasonable and responsible participant to a discussion do you KNOW (not suspect or ask about) WHAT the writer understands about the history involved and where his comments come from? I can read, and it seems to me s/he hasn't even opened his mouth yet. Why don't I (other than being stupid) know what s/he has in mind? It is certainly possible, even probable that s/he is propaganda influenced and has come to faulty (by your lights) conclusions about what has turned so eerily explosive in the former Soviet States. But less informed than anyone else who feels free to speak here? Doubtful… the crew is much too motley and too suspect of hysteria for such an absolute judgement (to me). How have you arrived at such certainty without EVIDENCE? This is hardly to defend the point of view with which I don't agree. But only to ask how credentials for opinions are assessed here, and in this case by you. I have no idea what anybody knows or doesn't now until they actually respond to a direct question or reveal themselves in conversation… And that hasn't happened here YET…FTH Oh how fair and square you are in evaluating the situation in Eastern Europe. "I am sure it's not all Russians" . You almost had to add this to show how even handed you are almost by default, because you are such even handed American. LOL… very funny… operatic actually…But unfortunately less germane to the subject at hand than even the (very American and thus worthy of scorn) even handedness.(WHAT? From a tacit warrior of the Cold War?) C'mon…. the United States is the Evil Empire, no doubt, but can you really dismiss all comments about what is really a serious foreign policy dilemma (not to mention following the money) to a poster's response that doesn't really fit your pre-conceived conception? Although I do appreciate that you are trying to mock the poor victim to death rather than calling him "stupid!!" Or a moron. Or telling him to go away and never speak out again. Which is the accepted way here. The ethnic conflicts are not pretty anywhere and we shouldn't support either side yet the NATO and the EU have been doing their damnedest to start an ethnic conflict there for a long time. The money, the agents the {!#%@} vice-president of the good old USA, the chief of CIA Brennan, the Polish and the German foreign ministers, and the billions of dollars and many, many agents all went to the Ukraine to cause this {!#%@} using the useful idiots in the shape of extreme nationalists and the neoNazis, the intellectual descendants of the ones who cooperated with the Hitlerites during the WWII. The most desirable scenario for the US administration and the EU is the bloody conflict between the Ukrainians and the Russians. No wonder Russia is panicking. They had NATO encircling Russia since the fall of the Soviet Union, just look at the maps of the Eastern Europe before 1990 and now. They tried to attack Russia from the south by giving the Georgian and Armenian strongman free tanks and artillery pieces and a bit of training. The American bases now extend throughout the central Asia. And Obama just made a trip to the far East trying to convince China to {!#%@} Russia. The West has succeeded in making Arabs kill Arabs on a big scale now they think it's the time for the East Europeans. There is no limit to what the Western money and power can buy not even a homicidal war in the Ukraine and the ultimate goal of the destruction of Russia. However, our political and military masters are playing a dangerous game . I am afraid that in the light of their many successes their well displayed self confidence and arrogance will lead them to the brink, just like it did the monarchs of the pre-WWI .The {!#%@} arogant aristocratic eggheads assumed that they could win an unwinnable war that quite unintentionally turned into the real apocalypse. And now, the ruler's propaganda is trying to convince us that it's been too good for so long ,it's time to have a global thermonuclear war to end all thermonuclear wars, for ever. Look, we are going to win this one for sure, eh. It wasn't my intention to do more than ask a question related to how and why one decides who in this Forum, this thread, knows what and how, unless it is clearly offered up front…. as in "having spent time in the Ukraine , and speaking the language, my considered opinion is……." But having read your evaluation, yeah….much of this is true, or at least politically valid. (to me), Some of it is overkill…hyperbole, or inapt (again, to ME). And some it is is (forgive me for what is a mildly educated opinion) over-simplification. But none of it is productive (and believe me I know because I do similarly indulge myself) productive for changing anyone's mind about what is at best and worst an extremely murky dilemma given the fatally toxic mix of ethnicity, jingoism, money, and yes, the most easily ignitable fuel of all… religion…NMB

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Communism today

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu May 08, 2014 12:07 am

kennyc wrote::roll: yep....they must have released her again.... :roll:
The Betty Ford Clinic knows best

Clarifyit4me, Sweetpea and Norma just love giving their opinions about other members regardless of what the topic is. It's a minor distraction.

nmblum88
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8137
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: Communism today

Post by nmblum88 » Thu May 08, 2014 2:09 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
nmblum wrote: much, I suppose like the tirades that had marked your behavior and perhaps your troubled life from infancy.
I didn't have a troubled life since infancy. You are projecting your low self esteem.
:D
nmblum wrote:But you should be careful, and try to contain your infantile rages….
I'm not having an infantile rage. I corrected your false claim about Russia not been industrialised, on a Skeptic forum. You are spitting the dummy.
:D
nmblum wrote:However, if you can't… well, you just keep it up: stamp your foot, swallow your tongue, turn blue, if that's what you are determined to do.
I discussed dachas in my post. In this post you are only talking about me. The irony is hilarious....whooosh right over your head.....
nmblum wrote:Because there is no way that I can be convinced.....
I don't care what you think. I think you are really stupid. You are a bored housewife seeking attention on a science forum. My cat knows more than you do.
:D
nmblum wrote:You could certainly hire someone of even lesser stature and principle that yourself, to bury an ice -axe in my skull.
I assume some other person who had to read your posts, did this years ago. It would explain a lot.
:D
nmblum wrote:Norma Manna Blum

NMB
Are you drunk again? You are signing your name twice which is the normal indicator.
:D

Okay, okay, I get it… I understand now…
The reference to the ice -axe (the fatal blow to international socialist revolution) was over your pathetically ill-informed head. .
Look it up.
If is very significant, the culmination to the tragic direction of Stalinist tyranny that doomed the Revolution after the death of Lenin, and the elimination of the Bolshevik leadership by false indictment, imprisonment and execution.
And chastened and disappointed genuine Socialists around the world….
But of course, if you can't find it just ask, and I'll explain it to you: you can use the education…..and there will be no charge…

Because, ..okay, …:sigh:: , so you don't really know anything more about Russian history than any other petty bourgeois play acting radical, do you?


By the way, Dr. Alienist Matthew, I do not drink.
My drug of choice is Godiva Rasberry Truffle ice cream………. and my reasoning powers are, as they always have been, certainly the equal of yours.
Which are, I grant you pitifully inadequate….. but I'll allow the comparison to stand out of kindness.

I don't mind anything you say about me… my credentials and my reputation are safe, intact,…. where and with whom it counts.

But the fact that you have to rely on such an obvious and pathetic choice of insult says more about you than it does about me.
Christ, how I WISH you would sharpen your wits even a little, just to enliven the pall of your pretensions.
But I suppose that is as unlikely as that you will overcome your predilection for gossip, or change into something other than a middle aged doper with delusions of grandeur.

Now what were you saying about the Tsarist Russia, the surprising travel in his sealed box car of Lenin, the startling Revolution ?
Anything relevant?
Or that actually happened?

Norma Manna Blum
Norma Manna Blum…. they do not charge by the signature here….you goose.
Skepticism:
" Norma, you poor sad lonely alcoholic. You entire life is devoted to interrupting other people's posts on this forum, regardless of the topic, to tell them what's wrong with them. The irony is, here you are doing it again, with this very post.
Your fanciful card games, movie sojourns and exciting overseas trips, that all take place within the four walls of an aged care retirement home, do not suggest your own children offered you the care, I gave my parents."

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Communism today

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu May 08, 2014 2:56 am

nmblum wrote:Okay, okay, I get it… I understand now…
That's right! You don't know anything and keep adding your worthless personal opinions.
nmblum wrote: The reference to the ice -axe (the fatal blow to international socialist revolution) was over your pathetically ill-informed head. Look it up.
I mentioned Trotsky's death in my post concerning the "Comintern". Look it up.
nmblum wrote: If is very significant, the culmination to the tragic direction of Stalinist tyranny
Bukharin, Rykov and Tomsky, threw out Trostky, you idiot, in 1928 over the 1922 NEP and the Comintern. Stalin was only General Secretary of the party. Stalin didn't become chairman of the CPSU until the 30s. Please read some history.
nmblum wrote: I'll explain it to you: you can use the education…..and there will be no charge
I read Russian history Norma. Your personal insight and emotions gathered from watching Dr Zhivago, REDS and Warren Beatty films doesn't interest me. My cat knows more than you do.
nmblum wrote:Because, ..okay, …:sigh:: , so you don't really know anything more about Russian history than any other petty bourgeois play acting radical, do you?
No Norma. I'm learning Russian and travelling to Russia, to increase my existing knowledge of Russian history. "whooosh"...that went over your head again.
nmblum wrote:I don't mind anything you say about me… my credentials and my reputation are safe, intact,…. where and with whom it counts.

4 out of 5 housewives recommend....Norma's NEW uneducated opinion formula :D
nmblum wrote:Now what were you saying about the Tsarist Russia, the surprising travel in his sealed box car of Lenin, the startling Revolution?
You complete idiot. The Czar was already out of power when the Germans sent Lenin to Russia in 1917. Kerensky's Social democrat coalition was in power. You seem totally unaware of the Mensheviks? Please read a basic history book before posting again.
nmblum wrote:Anything relevant? Or that actually happened?
Poor Norma. Can't get anything right.
nmblum wrote:Norma Manna Blum…. they do not charge by the signature here….you goose.
I guess "they" feel sorry for idiots.

nmblum88
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8137
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: Communism today

Post by nmblum88 » Thu May 08, 2014 5:15 am

Matthew, there is no amount of babble or copying of related items out of Wikepedia that will ever convince me that you understand a whit about what happened in Russia before or after the Revolution.
Or what is happening now in Russia vis a vis the Ukraine .
OR in the once Soviet States since the breakup of the Soviet Union.
You simply DON'T have the analytical mind that would allow for such understanding:you are a more a parrot than " the Raven. "
"
And of course you ARE impeded by the hysteria that taints all your attempts to explain what you pretend to understand


I however am hardly an idot.. but I really don't mind having to tell you that so often.
In fact, as an educator, I rather enjoy it….

Because I realize you are very, very slow, and need repetition as part of your learning process.
I also realize that you have a rather limited vocabulary and that "stupid "is as basic to your mode of expression as "and, but, and the,"
But of course, not much more is expected of a bookkeeper, so you are understandably backward.
You simply don't know any better.
Now, don't you have a few boots to lick , and some eyes to at least TRY to pull your wool over?


Norma Manna Blum
Norma Manna Blum (repetition, repetition… it w-o-r-k-s. Soon even YOU will remember my name.)
Skepticism:
" Norma, you poor sad lonely alcoholic. You entire life is devoted to interrupting other people's posts on this forum, regardless of the topic, to tell them what's wrong with them. The irony is, here you are doing it again, with this very post.
Your fanciful card games, movie sojourns and exciting overseas trips, that all take place within the four walls of an aged care retirement home, do not suggest your own children offered you the care, I gave my parents."

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: Communism today

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu May 08, 2014 5:57 am

nmblum wrote:Matthew, there is no amount of babble or copying of related items out of Wikepedia
1) It's called Wikipedia,
2) You should check with Wikipedia or a history book before making such glaring historical errors based on fictional movies you have watched.

nmblum wrote:......that will ever convince me that you understand a whit about what happened in Russia before or after the Revolution.
As I clearly said before, I consider you an idiot and have no interest in what you do or do not think. Would you like me to explain this to you again using hand puppets?
nmblum wrote:And of course you ARE impeded by the hysteria that taints all your attempts to explain what you pretend to understand
No Norma, I simply read history books. You should try it sometime and you won't make so many errors.
:D
nmblum wrote:I however am hardly an idot.
1) The word is idiot.
2) You are an idiot.

Now use it in a sentence ..."I am Norma Blum and I am an idiot"

nmblum wrote:In fact, as an educator, I rather enjoy it….
Are you learning to spell complex words like idiot?
nmblum wrote:You simply don't know any better.
Norma, you are the one who was wrong about Russian history. Here you are having spasms trying to avoid admitting it. Bad luck.

nmblum wrote:Norma Manna Blum
Norma Manna Blum (repetition, repetition… it w-o-r-k-s. Soon even YOU will remember my name.)
How can I forget?

Bozo the Clown, Laurel & Hardy, Norma Manna Blum, Grimaldi, Mr Bean, Dumb & Dumber, ......

User avatar
octopus1
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5047
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:11 pm
Custom Title: Deep Sea Mollusk
Location: West of Chester

Re: Communism today

Post by octopus1 » Thu May 08, 2014 10:06 am

Call me Trotsky, but I remember a time when this thread was about communism.. :P
"On the fence".... Without a cushion....

User avatar
kennyc
Has No Life
Posts: 12436
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:21 am
Custom Title: The Dank Side of the Moon
Location: Denver, CO

Re: Communism today

Post by kennyc » Thu May 08, 2014 10:18 am

octopus1 wrote:Call me Trotsky, but I remember a time when this thread was about communism.. :P
Communist!
Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Gallery - Photo Gallery - Writing&Poetry - The Bleeding Edge
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama

User avatar
octopus1
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5047
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:11 pm
Custom Title: Deep Sea Mollusk
Location: West of Chester

Re: Communism today

Post by octopus1 » Thu May 08, 2014 11:18 am

kennyc wrote:
octopus1 wrote:Call me Trotsky, but I remember a time when this thread was about communism.. :P
Communist!
Ahh! McCarthy lives! :lol:
"On the fence".... Without a cushion....