Most revolutionary Step EVER

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
GeeOh03

Most revolutionary Step EVER

Post by GeeOh03 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:59 am

My search over the past 30 years. Concerned about a lack in sustainable development. Prompted a review of our infrastructures in the hope that there might be some opportunity to change them into a more ecologically sound processes. After a review. They are the most important and influencing processes. Our distribution infrastructures are not at all what they can reasonably become. By distribution processes. i mean. The various transport, energy, utility, and communications processes. Those linear processes that connect us all together.

Chew on this for a while. I need a wider perspective and understanding of it.

I am reasoning. Got lucky. Learning Under a Correct Knowledge.

Ideally. Enclosure is the most ecologically and environmentally sound way to achieve them. But then. As it turns out. Its also the very best way to accomplish them. As you see. In that secure and controlled environment. It will allow them the ability to begin utilizing the greater benefits of a great many technological applications which cannot be reasonably or reliably achieved in the open environments of today's systems. Where in they may readily begin technologically evolving. As near as i can tell. Without the vast bulk of time, energy, and resources. All in a practical application of reliably know abilities. In a very limited and much smaller structural and technological undertaking in permanent components. Whose cost is about 1/10. Which then generates a large number of efficiency and increased capabilities. Whose values are magnitudes greater.

The sad part is that the basic elements. Are the ability to produce a pipe utilizing rails and electric motors. Its not quite that simple. But something which could of been achieved. More crudely. Well over a 100 years ago. With out accidents and most energy. Of course in today's abilities. With out nearly all the energy and resource consumptions.

But I am wondering. Did I overlook something. Because all the necessary incentives to accomplish it seem to be present. There is more than an ample availability in structural and technological ability. It does promise to be lucratively profitable and wildly beneficial. Or is it just a lack of awareness that the opportunity for such a great and positive change. Even exists.

I am greatly troubled by this seemingly real understanding.

Poodle
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Post-bloom

Re: Most revolutionary Step EVER

Post by Poodle » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:18 am

I am greatly troubled by. My inability to grasp what the hell you're talking about.

A conveyor belt in a big tube?

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:39 am

Transport tube.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GeeOh03

Post by GeeOh03 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:21 am

What I am proposing is the transformation of our highways into a network of enclosing structure. A pipe perhaps. No not a belt conveyer.

Would you agree that if we could accomplish our distribution processes in a enclosing network of structure. That it would be the most ecologically and environmentally sound way to achieve them.?

My figures indicate providing such a structural undertaking is not only lucrative but it is wildly beneficial..
Here is an example of what I am talking about. Called ET3 Evacuated Tube Transport http://www.et3.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:49 am

GeeOh03 wrote:What I am proposing is the transformation of our highways into a network of enclosing structure. A pipe perhaps. No not a belt conveyer.

You are talking about vacuums in transport tubes and magnetic lifting, to eliminate resistance.

Although the capital cost would be too huge to allow construction there is another couple of basic problems. Tubes can't go around sharp corners in the same way as rail can't. That's why we still have trucks for delivery. Secondly, your plan requires an airlock outside every individual house, so humans can enter and leave the vacuum tube. Your new idea is 200 years old.
1815 Version.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GeeOh03

Post by GeeOh03 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:09 am

Yes the idea is well over 100 years old. The investment is large but its also in permanent components. Whose ACTUAL cost is principal and interest. Largely different than are the processes of today which are short lived , high energy and resource intensive.

There are limits to what cost can be reasonably justified. You are correct in the observation that it cannot replace all roads. But it can replace highways and the high use connectors.

Do you know what the cost of our current highways is? I have a rough idea. A 2010 study says the US spent $205B on highways. But then we also incurred $2T in just the two instances of accidents and energy alone.

Judging that our present cost may represent the limits in what spending could be justified. At the 2% interest of today. That $2T could support about 1M miles at An investment limit of $100M a mile.

A million miles will go around the world at the equator over 14 times. We only have 50,000 miles of interstate. If it was limited to just interstate. The investment allowance would be $2B a mile. And we would be at the same level of cost we know today in just the 2 instances of accidents and energy.

Of course there would be no accidents and energy costs,

I am not proposing such an implementation. Only suggesting the current spending and costs are real and they are way out of whack. And I have only examined one aspect of costs. There are a great many distribution systems. I suspect the large benefits of enclosing transport. Are just as great in the remaining processes as well.

The cost of structure seems to pale in comparison to all the benefits. There seems an opportunity to lucratively begin this enclosure. To solve a great ecological and environmental concerns and to achieve it through greatly enhancing the efficiency and abilities of these processes.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:15 am

Go read "The Roads Must Roll" by R. A. Heinlein and then come back.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

kennyc
Has No Life
Custom Title: The Dank Side of the Moon

Post by kennyc » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:55 am

and then go work for Elon Musk.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperloop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Gallery - Photo Gallery - Writing&Poetry - The Bleeding Edge
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama

GeeOh03

Post by GeeOh03 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:57 am

This is not science fiction.
So far i am not getting the help i had hoped for. Analyzing the feasibility of integrating our distribution processes into a network of connected structure. I call it simply (IDS) Integrated Distribution System
There is more than an adequate availability of reliably known structure and technological ability and the cost appears lucrative. Generating social and economic values that suggest them selves to be multi exponential.

Enclosure is a evolutionary step for these processes. One whose most advantageous change in form whose secure environment then incites technological change into those vastly more efficient and capable processes that they are so reliably capable of becoming.

You don't have to know how something works in order to use. But you cannot use it if it is not available.
When it comes to our infrastructures we are using the processes which have been provided. My review of our distribution infrastructures. Suggest they were individually implemented in a far of time. In a much different understanding and capability than which exists today. The providers of which are heavily invested and reliant on the continued use revenues. They are incapable of considering much less investing in a innovative change. Such as enclosure and integration. When its accomplishment only promises to antiquate the very processes they are providing. And I understand their reluctance.But I also think it may be a misconception on their part.

An implementation will take a very very long time to carry out. We are talking about replacing highways. In fact. An implementation may be hard pressed to meet the short lived investment periods. The providers of these processes are the experts. And they are also the ones who will reliably profit in the transition period. They will be investing less and profiting more in the dramatic increased abilities. They just do not know it. Unless it is pointed out top them. They know what can be accomplished in a secure and controlled environment. All they need is the assurances that their investments and profits are not at risk. And greed will take over.

Follow the money. Technological change is lucratively profitable.

So what is the down side here? Raising the enormous amount of capital needed?
A capital investment in permanent components. That recovers 4x its cost in energy efficiencies alone.

Does anyone know how the electrification infrastructure was achieved. A company you buy stock in that yields a low interest. I know a lot of people who will invest in such a venture at just a 2% return. One whose stocks will go through the roof. Or am I just deluding myself.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:39 am

You plan has a problem. The problem's name is "engineering".
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Post by JO 753 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:12 pm

I am pretty sure. the idea iz obsolete.

People luv. independent mobility. so sumthing that increasez that. will be popular. You hav surely seen. the flying quadz. in the newz. everywhere lately. There are alredy. full size passenjr. versionz in development. The flying car. finally becoming. a viable propozal.

The streets &. hiwayz will. bekum financially untenable.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

kennyc
Has No Life
Custom Title: The Dank Side of the Moon

Post by kennyc » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:22 pm

Now THATS revolutionary (clearly because it's been outlawed!):

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/01/ ... 769042349/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Gallery - Photo Gallery - Writing&Poetry - The Bleeding Edge
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:13 pm

In 10 yirz. we will hav flying. Lazy Boy reclinerz. and dronez will deliver. 6 packs & pizza. wile we are. watching. the game on our way. to another game!
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:27 am

GeeOh03 wrote:Follow the money. Technological change is lucratively profitable.
Not for the initial users.
GeeOh03 wrote:So what is the down side here? Raising the enormous amount of capital needed?
Yes. That's right.
GeeOh03 wrote:A capital investment in permanent components.
What do you estimate as the annual asset depreciation rate for a tunnel section before replacement is required?
GeeOh03 wrote: Does anyone know how the electrification infrastructure was achieved.
You seem unaware of the early competition between two electrical delivery systems in the USA. You seem unaware of the "rail gauge" fights in early railways. I strongly suggest you go online and look at some commercial prospectuses for German Maglev infrastructure projects and look at their forward planning budgets.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:37 am

I think if sumwun wuz going to create a new public tranzit system, this maglev vac tube thing woud be the way to go. Teknikly, its superior to any other option. Everything else iz just an excuse to hopefully save money.

Often, attempts to go cheap backfire. It duznt take too many yirz uv accumulated lesser efficiency costs to negate the savingz or many wether related delayz and accidents.
Last edited by JO 753 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:38 am

PS! sorry, running low on periodz!
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

GeeOh03

Post by GeeOh03 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:43 am

Pictures are worth a thousand words