Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
nmblum88
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8137
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by nmblum88 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:56 am

zeuzzz wrote:
Rob Lister wrote: I do wonder at the direction of the thread, however. But I suppose if a topic must 'go off', then this is the best thread for it.
The point is that MR Daedalus lost a few arguments with me and thusly found it fit to put me on ignore, which is surely a perversion of the ignore function.
A PERVERSION of the ignore function?
A PERVERSION?
Of the IGNORE function?
Call 911.

NMB
P.S… The arguments themselves were perversions.
TWO people whining can't really be labeled as argument.


NMB …
Skepticism:
" Norma, you poor sad lonely alcoholic. You entire life is devoted to interrupting other people's posts on this forum, regardless of the topic, to tell them what's wrong with them. The irony is, here you are doing it again, with this very post.
Your fanciful card games, movie sojourns and exciting overseas trips, that all take place within the four walls of an aged care retirement home, do not suggest your own children offered you the care, I gave my parents."

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 34744
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: prostrate spurge
Location: Transcona

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by Gord » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:21 am

zeuzzz wrote:The point is that MR Daedalus lost a few arguments with me....
Yes, the point is that you're incapable of learning, so he put you on ignore.

You do have a strange way of phrasing it, though....
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
Daedalus
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5475
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 8:38 pm
Custom Title: Ave Atque Vale

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by Daedalus » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:22 am

Gord wrote:
zeuzzz wrote:The point is that MR Daedalus lost a few arguments with me....
Yes, the point is that you're incapable of learning, so he put you on ignore.

You do have a strange way of phrasing it, though....
Whatever sooths his ego and makes him stop whining is probably for the best...
"Propaganda is a monologue which seeks not a response, but an echo." (W.H. Auden)
"Given time and plenty of paper, philosophers can prove anything." (Robert Heinlein)
"The map is not the territory." (Alfred Korzybski)
“You’re in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on its back, struggling, and you’re not helping — why is that?" (Bladerunner)

User avatar
Kaepora Gaebora
Regular Poster
Posts: 630
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:41 pm

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by Kaepora Gaebora » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:28 am

zeuzzz wrote:
Rob Lister wrote: I do wonder at the direction of the thread, however. But I suppose if a topic must 'go off', then this is the best thread for it.
The point is that MR Daedalus lost a few arguments with me and thusly found it fit to put me on ignore, which is surely a perversion of the ignore function.
Pffft...

You're fooling yourself. He put you on ignore because of your profound ability to whine and ignorance of any argument put forth that goes against your ideas.

But yeah, what Daed said: whatever helps you sleep at night.

User avatar
zeuzzz
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3859
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:33 pm
Custom Title: Unicorn Herder

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by zeuzzz » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:05 am

Which is why I started the thread.

I just miss u baby!
Always be you, unless you can be a unicorn; then be a unicorn.

User avatar
zeuzzz
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3859
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:33 pm
Custom Title: Unicorn Herder

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by zeuzzz » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:06 am

Kaepora Gaebora wrote:Pffft...

You're fooling yourself. He put you on ignore because of your profound ability to whine and ignorance of any argument put forth that goes against your ideas.

But yeah, what Daed said: whatever helps you sleep at night.
Sorry I didn't know you were taken Daedalus, I'll back off now
Always be you, unless you can be a unicorn; then be a unicorn.

User avatar
zeuzzz
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3859
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:33 pm
Custom Title: Unicorn Herder

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by zeuzzz » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:08 am

Daedalus wrote:Whatever sooths his ego and makes him stop whining is probably for the best...
My ego?

That's a laugh.
Always be you, unless you can be a unicorn; then be a unicorn.

User avatar
zeuzzz
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3859
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:33 pm
Custom Title: Unicorn Herder

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by zeuzzz » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:15 am

Kaepora Gaebora wrote: The point is that MR Daedalus lost a few arguments with me and thusly found it fit to put me on ignore, which is surely a perversion of the ignore function.
[/quote]

Please being them up here, would be great, since it is the topic of the thread.
Always be you, unless you can be a unicorn; then be a unicorn.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 27130
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Location: sometimes

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by scrmbldggs » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:27 am

zeuzzz wrote:
Kaepora Gaebora wrote: The point is that MR Daedalus lost a few arguments with me and thusly found it fit to put me on ignore, which is surely a perversion of the ignore function.

Please being them up here, would be great, since it is the topic of the thread.
Umm... seems you're not quite with it, eh? :scratch:
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
zeuzzz
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3859
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:33 pm
Custom Title: Unicorn Herder

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by zeuzzz » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:32 am

Please bring them up here scrmbldggs, as a more reasonable poster here, that would be great, since it's the topic of this thread.
Always be you, unless you can be a unicorn; then be a unicorn.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 27130
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Location: sometimes

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by scrmbldggs » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:49 am

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post #119 Postby zeuzzz » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:34 pm
zeuzzz wrote:
Rob Lister wrote: I do wonder at the direction of the thread, however. But I suppose if a topic must 'go off', then this is the best thread for it.
The point is that MR Daedalus lost a few arguments with me and thusly found it fit to put me on ignore, which is surely a perversion of the ignore function.

zeuzzz wrote:Please bring them up here scrmbldggs, as a more reasonable poster here, that would be great, since it's the topic of this thread.
zeuzzz, those are your own words. You would know which arguments you are referring to, no?

I don't think it would be proper for me to go searching for what you might, or might not, be thinking of?
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
zeuzzz
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3859
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:33 pm
Custom Title: Unicorn Herder

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by zeuzzz » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:58 am

I have no idea what you would be searching for, that's the problem. And so far no one in this thread has stated adequately why. Least of all Daedalus.
Always be you, unless you can be a unicorn; then be a unicorn.

User avatar
zeuzzz
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3859
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:33 pm
Custom Title: Unicorn Herder

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by zeuzzz » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:03 am

nmblum wrote: A PERVERSION of the ignore function?
A PERVERSION?
Of the IGNORE function?
Call 911.

NMB
P.S… The arguments themselves were perversions.
TWO people whining can't really be labeled as argument.


NMB …
It more a perversion of boundary dissolution, a world view which I strongly support.
Always be you, unless you can be a unicorn; then be a unicorn.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 27130
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Location: sometimes

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by scrmbldggs » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:08 am

zeuzzz wrote:I have no idea what you would be searching for, that's the problem. And so far no one in this thread has stated adequately why. Least of all Daedalus.
I'd say Gord did a pretty good job.

And from my perspective, however faulty that might be, you just made the point yourself... again. You are either not willing, or unable, to see when a valid argument had been put forth, and you won't respond accordingly.

You have every right to act the way you do. However, it seems very silly for you to complain about the response you are getting.
Last edited by scrmbldggs on Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
zeuzzz
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3859
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:33 pm
Custom Title: Unicorn Herder

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by zeuzzz » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:10 am

scrmbldggs wrote:You are either not willing, or unable, to see when a valid argument had been put forth, and you won't respond accordingly.
Where is this?

An example would be much appreciated.
Always be you, unless you can be a unicorn; then be a unicorn.

User avatar
zeuzzz
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3859
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:33 pm
Custom Title: Unicorn Herder

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by zeuzzz » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:11 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
zeuzzz wrote:However, it seems very silly for you to complain about the response you are getting.
Which is why I wanted this thread dead a page back, as it just comes across as whining, when in fact the fact of the matter is I am right and Daedalus is wrong. As much as that seems to pain some people here.
Always be you, unless you can be a unicorn; then be a unicorn.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 27130
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Location: sometimes

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by scrmbldggs » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:14 am

No, there is no right or wrong. There only is what falls within the forum rules and that which does not.

The actions of both of you are still within those rules.
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
zeuzzz
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3859
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:33 pm
Custom Title: Unicorn Herder

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by zeuzzz » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:19 am

I know. Thanks for re-iterating this though and detracting from my comment on you to provide evidence for your previous conclusions.
Always be you, unless you can be a unicorn; then be a unicorn.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 27130
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Location: sometimes

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by scrmbldggs » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:28 am

I am in no way required, nor would it seem proper for me, to make your argument.

zeuzzz, I'm sorry, but you are just reinforcing everything almost everyone said. If you feel you have a valid point, the onus to prove that is on you.
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Kaepora Gaebora
Regular Poster
Posts: 630
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:41 pm

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by Kaepora Gaebora » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:34 am

I think if you really wanted to let this thread die, you wouldn't comment on it and let it go even if others commented. Continuing to post just shows you haven't let go and continue it going, just like the JREF thread.

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 14477
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by JO 753 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:16 am

Its not a 2nd languaje effect - youre hi wen youre posting here! Thats why your grammar iz messed up sum timez.

User avatar
Daedalus
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5475
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 8:38 pm
Custom Title: Ave Atque Vale

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by Daedalus » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:39 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post #119 Postby zeuzzz » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:34 pm
zeuzzz wrote:
Rob Lister wrote: I do wonder at the direction of the thread, however. But I suppose if a topic must 'go off', then this is the best thread for it.
The point is that MR Daedalus lost a few arguments with me and thusly found it fit to put me on ignore, which is surely a perversion of the ignore function.

zeuzzz wrote:Please bring them up here scrmbldggs, as a more reasonable poster here, that would be great, since it's the topic of this thread.
zeuzzz, those are your own words. You would know which arguments you are referring to, no?

I don't think it would be proper for me to go searching for what you might, or might not, be thinking of?
:lol:

Looks like he's high again...
"Propaganda is a monologue which seeks not a response, but an echo." (W.H. Auden)
"Given time and plenty of paper, philosophers can prove anything." (Robert Heinlein)
"The map is not the territory." (Alfred Korzybski)
“You’re in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on its back, struggling, and you’re not helping — why is that?" (Bladerunner)

User avatar
Austin Harper
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5503
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk
Location: Detroit

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by Austin Harper » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:43 pm

zeuzzz's continued posting in this thread reminds me of a crazy man standing in the middle of an intersection screaming, "STOP LOOKING AT ME! STOP LOOKING AT ME! STOP LOOKING AT ME!"
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

User avatar
Daedalus
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5475
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 8:38 pm
Custom Title: Ave Atque Vale

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by Daedalus » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:45 pm

Austin Harper wrote:zeuzzz's continued posting in this thread reminds me of a crazy man standing in the middle of an intersection screaming, "STOP LOOKING AT ME! STOP LOOKING AT ME! STOP LOOKING AT ME!"
That's basically been his MO since he arrived, although in his case it's...

"HELP ME! HELP! ME! LEAVE ME ALONE! DON'T LOOK AT ME!"

Don't do too much drugs kids.
"Propaganda is a monologue which seeks not a response, but an echo." (W.H. Auden)
"Given time and plenty of paper, philosophers can prove anything." (Robert Heinlein)
"The map is not the territory." (Alfred Korzybski)
“You’re in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on its back, struggling, and you’re not helping — why is that?" (Bladerunner)

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 27130
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Location: sometimes

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by scrmbldggs » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:50 pm

Austin Harper wrote:zeuzzz's continued posting in this thread reminds me of a crazy man standing in the middle of an intersection screaming, "STOP LOOKING AT ME! STOP LOOKING AT ME! STOP LOOKING AT ME!"
That makes me wanna borrow Kenny's cow. :-P



Ah, what the heck, here it is... thanks, Kenny!
Image
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 34744
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: prostrate spurge
Location: Transcona

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by Gord » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:38 pm

zeuzzz wrote:I have no idea what you would be searching for, that's the problem.
We believe you!
And so far no one in this thread has stated adequately why.
Man are you dense. Are the hemispheres of your brain unable to communicate with one another anymore?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts
Posts: 6151
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:09 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by Flash » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:27 am

To zeuzzz
Just do your thing zeuzzz. Put Daedalus on ignore for a change. If it goes like this, we will be all on each others ignore list, a great future for this forum.
Another idea I have is to go to the Infowars site and start quoting the articles. That will wake up the stormfuhrers.. :mrgreen:
When I feel like exercising, I just lie down until the feeling goes away. Paul Terry

User avatar
Daedalus
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5475
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 8:38 pm
Custom Title: Ave Atque Vale

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by Daedalus » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:55 am

Flash wrote:To zeuzzz
Just do your thing zeuzzz. Put Daedalus on ignore for a change. If it goes like this, we will be all on each others ignore list, a great future for this forum.
Another idea I have is to go to the Infowars site and start quoting the articles. That will wake up the stormfuhrers.. :mrgreen:
You can keep trying to walk back some of your previous posts by claiming they're jokes or trolling, but other than Norma I don't think anyone is buying it Flash.
"Propaganda is a monologue which seeks not a response, but an echo." (W.H. Auden)
"Given time and plenty of paper, philosophers can prove anything." (Robert Heinlein)
"The map is not the territory." (Alfred Korzybski)
“You’re in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on its back, struggling, and you’re not helping — why is that?" (Bladerunner)

User avatar
Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts
Posts: 6151
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:09 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by Flash » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:44 am

Daedalus wrote:
You can keep trying to walk back some of your previous posts by claiming they're jokes or trolling, but other than Norma I don't think anyone is buying it Flash.
I am selling something and the business is not going too well? Now you tell me.
And so sorry you can't tell the difference between trolling and satire. I think you've got to have a sense of humor for that.
When I feel like exercising, I just lie down until the feeling goes away. Paul Terry

User avatar
moth1ne
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1721
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:41 pm
Custom Title: theyscanhearsmythots
Location: Washington

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by moth1ne » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:37 am

Flash wrote:To zeuzzz
Just do your thing zeuzzz. Put Daedalus on ignore for a change. If it goes like this, we will be all on each others ignore list, a great future for this forum.
I am really reluctant to ignore anyone on this forum... some are just trigger happy with the ignore button 'round here *cough*kennyc*cough... I have disagreed with Daed on the 2nd amendment thread which lead to a pretty long debate that eventually fizzled out, as most of these debates do. It shows that two adults can reconcile their differences and move on, I think its more constructive than simply ignoring someone over a silly disagreement (or 2). I'm sure Daed had his reasons for ignoring zeuzzz, but thats his bizz... I ignore Sweetie cuz I don't think I have ever agreed with anything he posts (and all his posts just blow up the climate science board), but that's it.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan, The Demon Haunted World

User avatar
moth1ne
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1721
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:41 pm
Custom Title: theyscanhearsmythots
Location: Washington

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by moth1ne » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:39 am

Flash wrote:Daedalus wrote:
You can keep trying to walk back some of your previous posts by claiming they're jokes or trolling, but other than Norma I don't think anyone is buying it Flash.
I am selling something and the business is not going too well? Now you tell me.
And so sorry you can't tell the difference between trolling and satire. I think you've got to have a sense of humor for that.
And I agree with Daed here. Flash, your infowars posts seemed suspiciously serious...
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan, The Demon Haunted World

User avatar
Daedalus
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5475
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 8:38 pm
Custom Title: Ave Atque Vale

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by Daedalus » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:38 am

moth1ne wrote:
Flash wrote:Daedalus wrote:
You can keep trying to walk back some of your previous posts by claiming they're jokes or trolling, but other than Norma I don't think anyone is buying it Flash.
I am selling something and the business is not going too well? Now you tell me.
And so sorry you can't tell the difference between trolling and satire. I think you've got to have a sense of humor for that.
And I agree with Daed here. Flash, your infowars posts seemed suspiciously serious...
It's an internet thing though... get universally panned? "I was being sarcastic/satirical!"

Mmmm hmmmm... :roll:
"Propaganda is a monologue which seeks not a response, but an echo." (W.H. Auden)
"Given time and plenty of paper, philosophers can prove anything." (Robert Heinlein)
"The map is not the territory." (Alfred Korzybski)
“You’re in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on its back, struggling, and you’re not helping — why is that?" (Bladerunner)

User avatar
Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts
Posts: 6151
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:09 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by Flash » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:18 am

moth1ne wrote:
And I agree with Daed here. Flash, your infowars posts seemed suspiciously serious...
The first one was serious, but when I saw the reaction...you know the hysterics and the general pandemonium I quoted the other, not so serious, article. I got what I wished for. If Flash was a real person he would have been lynched by now and by whom? The great admirers of reason and logic themselves. :mrgreen:
When I feel like exercising, I just lie down until the feeling goes away. Paul Terry

User avatar
Daedalus
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5475
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 8:38 pm
Custom Title: Ave Atque Vale

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by Daedalus » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:39 am

Flash wrote:moth1ne wrote:
And I agree with Daed here. Flash, your infowars posts seemed suspiciously serious...
The first one was serious, but when I saw the reaction...you know the hysterics and the general pandemonium I quoted the other, not so serious, article. I got what I wished for. If Flash was a real person he would have been lynched by now and by whom? The great admirers of reason and logic themselves. :mrgreen:
Actually the reception would have been what you got... a lot of mockery and incredulity. I suppose it makes you feel better to pretend that you're some embattled satirist, rather than just another half-assed conspiracist.
"Propaganda is a monologue which seeks not a response, but an echo." (W.H. Auden)
"Given time and plenty of paper, philosophers can prove anything." (Robert Heinlein)
"The map is not the territory." (Alfred Korzybski)
“You’re in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on its back, struggling, and you’re not helping — why is that?" (Bladerunner)

nmblum88
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8137
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by nmblum88 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:49 am

Flash wrote:moth1ne wrote:
And I agree with Daed here. Flash, your infowars posts seemed suspiciously serious...
The first one was serious, but when I saw the reaction...you know the hysterics and the general pandemonium I quoted the other, not so serious, article. I got what I wished for. If Flash was a real person he would have been lynched by now and by whom? The great admirers of reason and logic themselves. :mrgreen:
Flash: WHY in Hades y do you care what people who are really maligning your lack of popularity rather than your arguments are throwing at you?
If someone tells you that 9 out of 10 readers dislike what you say or the way that you say it, SO WHAT?
Their numbers refer to quantity… not necessarily quality.
Nor does it matter here, whether you are right or wrong.
The point is … again.. that this is an OPEN FORUM, and you have the same right to be wrong as does anyone else.
And to express yourself as you have always done… in a civilized manner..
(Have I missed it? Have you told anyone disagreeing with you to DIE?
Or overdose? Or take their own lives, for their temerity to have an opinion that doesn't agree with an amorphous and ill-defined majority?)

You've said your piece… and are free to continue to say it?
Where does this need to explain yourself or your style come from?
Want to be loved by those like consider themselves the in-group?
The drivers of the band wagon?
Who lick each other's faces as a posse even as they are continually sniffing for blood?
Then eat the {!#%@} they throw at you…no need to explain further.
Just as you don't have to apologize for sticking to your opinions… whatever they are.
You've paid the same admission fee as have those who have decided to be on your tail as if you some sort of radical tyrant, rather than expressing what is not entirely unheard of from the rest of the world.
If indeed numbers is what determines either the truth of a matter, or its moral viability.

Norma
Skepticism:
" Norma, you poor sad lonely alcoholic. You entire life is devoted to interrupting other people's posts on this forum, regardless of the topic, to tell them what's wrong with them. The irony is, here you are doing it again, with this very post.
Your fanciful card games, movie sojourns and exciting overseas trips, that all take place within the four walls of an aged care retirement home, do not suggest your own children offered you the care, I gave my parents."

User avatar
Daedalus
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5475
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 8:38 pm
Custom Title: Ave Atque Vale

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by Daedalus » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:06 am

I wonder if you have any concept of how at odds your obsessive behavior is, with your endless claims to being unconcerned and free?

I'm guessing the answer is "no". :roll:
"Propaganda is a monologue which seeks not a response, but an echo." (W.H. Auden)
"Given time and plenty of paper, philosophers can prove anything." (Robert Heinlein)
"The map is not the territory." (Alfred Korzybski)
“You’re in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on its back, struggling, and you’re not helping — why is that?" (Bladerunner)

User avatar
zeuzzz
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3859
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:33 pm
Custom Title: Unicorn Herder

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by zeuzzz » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:17 am

JO 753 wrote:Its not a 2nd languaje effect - youre hi wen youre posting here! Thats why your grammar iz messed up sum timez.
lol :D

Image

I might post here sometimes after I've been out and used GHB, but at least my brain and organs are a lot healthier than people I see who use ethyl-alcohol on a regular basis, since GHB is a natural neurotransmitter your body knows exactly how to deal with it and it shows no hepatoxic effects.
Always be you, unless you can be a unicorn; then be a unicorn.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 27130
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Location: sometimes

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:29 am

zeuzzz wrote:
JO 753 wrote:Its not a 2nd languaje effect - youre hi wen youre posting here! Thats why your grammar iz messed up sum timez.
lol :D

Image

I might post here sometimes after I've been out and used GHB, but at least my brain and organs are a lot healthier than people I see who use ethyl-alcohol on a regular basis, since GHB is a natural neurotransmitter your body knows exactly how to deal with it and it shows no hepatoxic effects.
My brain and organs are a lot healthier than people, too.

GHB is a natural neurotransmitter your body knows exactly how to deal with it in naturally occurring amounts, your Hiness.



Excessive use might not fry your liver, but I'm not so sure about the noggin...

edit: fixed quoting
Last edited by scrmbldggs on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
zeuzzz
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3859
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:33 pm
Custom Title: Unicorn Herder

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by zeuzzz » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:36 am

scrmbldggs wrote:My brain and organs are a lot healthier than people, too. GHB is a natural neurotransmitter your body knows exactly how to deal with it in naturally occurring amounts, your Hiness.

Excessive use might not fry your liver, but I'm not so sure about the noggin...
If it fried your noggin then people with narcolepsy that have used it nightly to sleep for more than 20 years would have been published in case studies in the literature. There exist no such case studies. But yes of course, an excess of anything can certainly trigger certain physiological functions that should lie dormant in some people.

There is a very good reason why ethyl-alcohol has never been prescribed for anything, it would not even pass a phase one trial in terms of efficacy or safety.
Always be you, unless you can be a unicorn; then be a unicorn.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 27130
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Location: sometimes

Re: Why has Dadalus put me on ignore

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:47 am

zeuzzz wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:My brain and organs are a lot healthier than people, too. GHB is a natural neurotransmitter your body knows exactly how to deal with it in naturally occurring amounts, your Hiness.

Excessive use might not fry your liver, but I'm not so sure about the noggin...
If it fried your noggin then people with narcolepsy that have used it nightly to sleep for more than 20 years would have been published in case studies in the literature. There exist no such case studies. But yes of course, an excess of anything can certainly trigger certain physiological functions that should lie dormant in some people.

There is a very good reason why ethyl-alcohol has never been prescribed for anything, it would not even pass a phase one trial in terms of efficacy or safety.
http://www.aafp.org/afp/2000/1201/p2478.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ?
.
Lard, save me from your followers.