The stoned ravings of the DMT brigade

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
User avatar
Eric D R
Regular Poster
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:07 am

Re: The stoned ravings of the DMT brigade

Post by Eric D R » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:14 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:Eric, you might have missed this discussion and admission by zeuzzz:
That is why I asked for the person who has used a UDV center to PM me instead of use the thread. Getting the DMT was not the goal, I have DMT nearly all the time,...
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 80#p341651" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Based on what I've read on this thread and what's in the thread you linked above, I don't see Zeuzzz as a "junkie", at least not in the commonly used definition of the word. Is Zeuzzz a DMT addict? Does he need a "fix" of DMT on a regular basis to keep from having a nervous breakdown? Does he use drugs to escape from his fears or psychological stress? Knowing what little I do know about psychadelics, you can't use them for such a purpose anyway because they force you to confront fear and stress. Do you think the indigenous people throughout the world who have used psychoactive botanical substances as a regular part of their culture for millenia are "junkies"? Where do you draw the line? There's also the very good point Zeuzzz made a few posts above here that the term "junkie" doesn't really mean anything objectively. It's just a way of deprecating someone. And I see no reason to talk to Zeuzzz that way. He's very respectful, reasonable, and friendly.

User avatar
Daedalus
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5475
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 8:38 pm
Custom Title: Ave Atque Vale

Re: The stoned ravings of the DMT brigade

Post by Daedalus » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:03 pm

Eric D R wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:Eric, you might have missed this discussion and admission by zeuzzz:
That is why I asked for the person who has used a UDV center to PM me instead of use the thread. Getting the DMT was not the goal, I have DMT nearly all the time,...
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 80#p341651" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Based on what I've read on this thread and what's in the thread you linked above, I don't see Zeuzzz as a "junkie", at least not in the commonly used definition of the word. Is Zeuzzz a DMT addict? Does he need a "fix" of DMT on a regular basis to keep from having a nervous breakdown? Does he use drugs to escape from his fears or psychological stress? Knowing what little I do know about psychadelics, you can't use them for such a purpose anyway because they force you to confront fear and stress. Do you think the indigenous people throughout the world who have used psychoactive botanical substances as a regular part of their culture for millenia are "junkies"? Where do you draw the line? There's also the very good point Zeuzzz made a few posts above here that the term "junkie" doesn't really mean anything objectively. It's just a way of deprecating someone. And I see no reason to talk to Zeuzzz that way. He's very respectful, reasonable, and friendly.
"I have DMT nearly all the time"

Really does speak for itself, especially given that it's not the only drug that Zeuzzz has discussed using. I'd be happy though, to call him a "loser burnout" instead of a junkie if you feel the latter term implies physical addiction. :)
"Propaganda is a monologue which seeks not a response, but an echo." (W.H. Auden)
"Given time and plenty of paper, philosophers can prove anything." (Robert Heinlein)
"The map is not the territory." (Alfred Korzybski)
“You’re in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on its back, struggling, and you’re not helping — why is that?" (Bladerunner)

User avatar
Eric D R
Regular Poster
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:07 am

Re: The stoned ravings of the DMT brigade

Post by Eric D R » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:15 am

He didnt say that he always used it, just that he always had it. You can have something and always have it around if you only use it on occasion. But even if he uses it more often than that, so do native people in the amazon. Are they junkies and loser burnouts? And if so, what makes them (or him) a "loser" for doing so?

User avatar
Daedalus
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5475
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 8:38 pm
Custom Title: Ave Atque Vale

Re: The stoned ravings of the DMT brigade

Post by Daedalus » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:08 am

Eric D R wrote:He didnt say that he always used it, just that he always had it. You can have something and always have it around if you only use it on occasion. But even if he uses it more often than that, so do native people in the amazon. Are they junkies and loser burnouts? And if so, what makes them (or him) a "loser" for doing so?
He's not a native Amazonian, and therein lies the rub.
"Propaganda is a monologue which seeks not a response, but an echo." (W.H. Auden)
"Given time and plenty of paper, philosophers can prove anything." (Robert Heinlein)
"The map is not the territory." (Alfred Korzybski)
“You’re in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on its back, struggling, and you’re not helping — why is that?" (Bladerunner)

User avatar
Eric D R
Regular Poster
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:07 am

Re: The stoned ravings of the DMT brigade

Post by Eric D R » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:16 am

Daedalus wrote:
Eric D R wrote:He didnt say that he always used it, just that he always had it. You can have something and always have it around if you only use it on occasion. But even if he uses it more often than that, so do native people in the amazon. Are they junkies and loser burnouts? And if so, what makes them (or him) a "loser" for doing so?
He's not a native Amazonian, and therein lies the rub.
Maybe. What do you think, Zeuzzz?

User avatar
Daedalus
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5475
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 8:38 pm
Custom Title: Ave Atque Vale

Re: The stoned ravings of the DMT brigade

Post by Daedalus » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:22 am

Eric D R wrote:
Daedalus wrote:
Eric D R wrote:He didnt say that he always used it, just that he always had it. You can have something and always have it around if you only use it on occasion. But even if he uses it more often than that, so do native people in the amazon. Are they junkies and loser burnouts? And if so, what makes them (or him) a "loser" for doing so?
He's not a native Amazonian, and therein lies the rub.
Maybe. What do you think, Zeuzzz?
Well given that I have the little {!#%@} on ignore, I'll bow out of this conversation now, since I won't be seeing his portion.

'Night
"Propaganda is a monologue which seeks not a response, but an echo." (W.H. Auden)
"Given time and plenty of paper, philosophers can prove anything." (Robert Heinlein)
"The map is not the territory." (Alfred Korzybski)
“You’re in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on its back, struggling, and you’re not helping — why is that?" (Bladerunner)

User avatar
zeuzzz
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3859
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:33 pm
Custom Title: Unicorn Herder

Re: The stoned ravings of the DMT brigade

Post by zeuzzz » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:53 am

I'll say it again then: I have DMT nearly all the time, whoop de doo, I've only used it about ten times though in my life, and I used the last of it when I wrote this thread. It's not something you do often. The DMT I had I had for about four years. The DMT you all have is already in your brains as a transient metabolite, which is more prone to activate your Sigma-1 receptor in deep dream sleep (not REM, the states you don't remember) and also probably plays a function in sculpting some aspects of everyday experience in ways we don't really understand yet.

You have me on ignore Daedalus?

Do you have any idea how childish that makes you look? It's like your putting your fingers in your ears and sticking your tongue out, how can a forum function properly if you put anyone you happen to disagree with on ignore? Always seemed a bizarre thing to do unless for blatant trolls.
Always be you, unless you can be a unicorn; then be a unicorn.

User avatar
zeuzzz
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3859
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:33 pm
Custom Title: Unicorn Herder

Re: The stoned ravings of the DMT brigade

Post by zeuzzz » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:16 pm

Good overall summary with nearly suitable visuals to give at least a visual impression about what the hell i'm on about

[ytube][/ytube]
Always be you, unless you can be a unicorn; then be a unicorn.

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 14480
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: The stoned ravings of the DMT brigade

Post by Major Malfunction » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:25 pm

There's something you can ingest to make it last hours. A metabolic inhibitor. So I've read.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

User avatar
zeuzzz
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3859
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:33 pm
Custom Title: Unicorn Herder

Re: The stoned ravings of the DMT brigade

Post by zeuzzz » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:32 pm

Taken with an MAOI it becomes orally active and can last hours, this is what amazonian tribes people do, they mix two plants one an MAOI and one containing a titanic amount of DMT. The trip can last 4-8 hours this way rather than the 10 minutes if smoked.

You could even swallow a gram of it and your monoamine oxidase enzymes will just destroy it before it crosses the blood brain barrier. With an MAOI you'd be in for a hell of a ride. 1000mg is about 10x what you need though.
Always be you, unless you can be a unicorn; then be a unicorn.

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 14480
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: The stoned ravings of the DMT brigade

Post by Major Malfunction » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:37 pm

I'm willing to try it in the name of scientific inquiry. In a controlled and comfortable environment.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

User avatar
zeuzzz
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3859
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:33 pm
Custom Title: Unicorn Herder

Re: The stoned ravings of the DMT brigade

Post by zeuzzz » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:10 pm

Mimosa hostilis rootbark powder contains about 1% DMT, so 200g of that will get you about 2 grams if you know some basic chemistry. This is probably not the forum for me to elaborate much more on that.
Always be you, unless you can be a unicorn; then be a unicorn.

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 14480
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: The stoned ravings of the DMT brigade

Post by Major Malfunction » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:13 pm

You don't know anyone conducting scientific studies in my parts?
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

User avatar
zeuzzz
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3859
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:33 pm
Custom Title: Unicorn Herder

Re: The stoned ravings of the DMT brigade

Post by zeuzzz » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:38 am

Which is where?
Always be you, unless you can be a unicorn; then be a unicorn.

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 14480
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: The stoned ravings of the DMT brigade

Post by Major Malfunction » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:25 am

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.

I'd be happy to volunteer for some scientific studies. I reckon I can handle it. I have some little experience with other psychedelics. Another trip deep into my mind would be a nice vacation.

I'd take photos and show them, but we don't have that, yet. So I'll just have to report my experience as accurately as possible.

So long as it's all above board, comfortable, and controlled.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

dafydddafydd
Poster
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:04 pm

Re: The stoned ravings of the DMT brigade

Post by dafydddafydd » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:56 pm

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_DMT.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
zeuzzz
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3859
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:33 pm
Custom Title: Unicorn Herder

Re: The stoned ravings of the DMT brigade

Post by zeuzzz » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:16 am

Your experience anywhere?

Your not daffyd from jref are you?
Always be you, unless you can be a unicorn; then be a unicorn.

dafydddafydd
Poster
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:04 pm

Re: The stoned ravings of the DMT brigade

Post by dafydddafydd » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:30 pm

zeuzzz wrote:
Your experience anywhere?

Your not daffyd from jref are you?
I have no experience of DMT.

User avatar
zeuzzz
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3859
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:33 pm
Custom Title: Unicorn Herder

Re: The stoned ravings of the DMT brigade

Post by zeuzzz » Sat May 16, 2015 4:45 am

Newish article on this subject. Ask me any question on your mind.

http://reset.me/story/qa-dmt-expert-dis ... and-dying/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dr. Rick Strassman M.D. is the author of DMT: The Spirit Molecule and DMT And The Soul Of Prophecy, in addition to co-authoring Inner Paths to Outer Space. His undergraduate studies occurred at Pomona College and Stanford University, his medical training at Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University. He served his psychiatry residency at UC Davis, and undertook a psychopharmacology fellowship at UC San Diego.

JC: It has been 15 years since your book DMT: The Spirit Molecule has been published. It covers aspects such as the trials and tribulations of the various administrative branches of the government you had to work with in order to get your studies approved. It also documents your experiences in finding the proper dosage to optimize patient experience, documenting patient experiences, and the results/aftermath of your study itself. Would you have changed anything about that experience if possible?

Dr. Strassman: I wouldn’t have changed anything about the design of the initial DMT study. It needed to be a meticulously designed and executed dose-response study, rather than psychotherapeutic. And the follow-up study attempting to develop tolerance to closely spaced repeated injections of DMT, a natural follow-up within the psychopharmacological model, was incredibly interesting. I was however, increasingly constrained by that model as my studies progressed. That is, I needed to begin attempting to identify the specific receptor mechanisms mediating the DMT effect, and that would require a blockade of particular aspects of the DMT experience. These latter studies were difficult to recruit for and were frustrating for both the volunteers and me because of their focus on attenuating the DMT effect. Lack of colleagues in other disciplines, such as psychotherapy or substance abuse treatment, also limited my options at a certain point. [....]
Documentary (also avbailable on netflix)

[ytube][/ytube]
Always be you, unless you can be a unicorn; then be a unicorn.

User avatar
zeuzzz
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3859
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:33 pm
Custom Title: Unicorn Herder

Re: The stoned ravings of the DMT brigade

Post by zeuzzz » Sat May 16, 2015 4:47 am

Questions about the ontological premises of the scientific method in light of these documented experiences would be most welcome.
Always be you, unless you can be a unicorn; then be a unicorn.

User avatar
zeuzzz
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3859
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:33 pm
Custom Title: Unicorn Herder

Re: The stoned ravings of the DMT brigade

Post by zeuzzz » Sat May 16, 2015 4:50 am

Daedalus wrote:
Eric D R wrote:
Daedalus wrote:
Eric D R wrote:He didnt say that he always used it, just that he always had it. You can have something and always have it around if you only use it on occasion. But even if he uses it more often than that, so do native people in the amazon. Are they junkies and loser burnouts? And if so, what makes them (or him) a "loser" for doing so?
He's not a native Amazonian, and therein lies the rub.
Maybe. What do you think, Zeuzzz?
Well given that I have the little {!#%@} on ignore, I'll bow out of this conversation now, since I won't be seeing his portion.

'Night
Aww, sorry D. If you hadn't said the things you did maybe you would still be here.
Always be you, unless you can be a unicorn; then be a unicorn.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 27471
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Location: sometimes

Re: The stoned ravings of the DMT brigade

Post by scrmbldggs » Sat May 16, 2015 5:14 am

I miss him too but if it makes you feel any worse, it doesn't seem his absence has anything to do with you. :sling:
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
zeuzzz
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3859
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:33 pm
Custom Title: Unicorn Herder

Re: The stoned ravings of the DMT brigade

Post by zeuzzz » Sat May 16, 2015 5:31 am

Ok cool well at least i've that guilt off my mind. I've tried to poke his corpse many times since. PM me why if you want.
Always be you, unless you can be a unicorn; then be a unicorn.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: The stoned ravings of the DMT brigade

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat May 16, 2015 5:42 am

zeuzzz wrote:Taken with an MAOI it becomes orally active and can last hours
I just read this. DO NOT RECOMMEND PEOPLE TAKE MAOI inhibitors. You do not understand their half life. They are controlled medications that require intricate half life management. You are directly putting people's lives at risk.

User avatar
zeuzzz
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3859
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:33 pm
Custom Title: Unicorn Herder

Re: The stoned ravings of the DMT brigade

Post by zeuzzz » Sat May 16, 2015 5:55 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
zeuzzz wrote:Taken with an MAOI it becomes orally active and can last hours
I just read this. DO NOT RECOMMEND PEOPLE TAKE MAOI inhibitors. You do not understand their half life. They are controlled medications that require intricate half life management. You are directly putting people's lives at risk.
Well I did not really recommend, I just stated.

Maybe I did not exactly word that as well as I could have, and explained the difference between short acting MAOIs and the associative risks involved and dietary considerations vs the ridiculously strong pharmaceutical types. But you will find that if you re-read the scientific literature not only were the risks of MAOIs greatly over exaggerated (by Big Pharma with their greasy paws on a new line of Anti-Depressants) but in fact the pharmaceutical type 'non reversible' kind (god knows why they even though of that) have an oddly linear half life build up over time rather than accumulative or additional. Something to do with an excess being enzygmatically broken down, I forget the details. Anyway that is besides the point.

You have replied to this as if from a fully clinical doctors perspective, which I can respect, but the reality is a little more complex. The weak MAOI Harmaline seeds are sold as a staple in Iranian peoples diet. If they were really harmful that would not happen.

Plus, who the hell is taking me or my advise seriously here anyway?! :D
Always be you, unless you can be a unicorn; then be a unicorn.

Matthew Ellard
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30516
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am
Custom Title: Big Beautiful Bouncy Skeptic

Re: The stoned ravings of the DMT brigade

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat May 16, 2015 6:07 am

zeuzzz wrote:Plus, who the hell is taking me or my advise seriously here anyway?! :D
Idiots. We have lots of idiots reading and posting in this forum.

The aim is to protect idiots, by not making idiotic claims, that they can read.

User avatar
zeuzzz
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3859
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:33 pm
Custom Title: Unicorn Herder

Re: The stoned ravings of the DMT brigade

Post by zeuzzz » Sat May 16, 2015 7:23 am

What ever happened to the Darwin awards?
Always be you, unless you can be a unicorn; then be a unicorn.

User avatar
zeuzzz
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3859
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:33 pm
Custom Title: Unicorn Herder

Re: The stoned ravings of the DMT brigade

Post by zeuzzz » Sun May 08, 2016 4:34 pm

{!#%@}! Alex Jones just blew DMT wide open! ABANDON SHIP!

[ytube][/ytube]

... the levels of crazy in how he perceives what is just essentially just an extremely potent neurotransmitter makes me laugh so hard!

"we do not know how advanced their scientific knowledge into this stuff truly is, they are WELL AHEAD!" .... whilst the vid scrolls past an amateur website guide of how to shake a jar with some rootbark in :lol:

Apparently I am one of those in power, due to using DMT before. That is way cool.
Always be you, unless you can be a unicorn; then be a unicorn.